Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch > The Lounge

The Lounge Your own cool little spot to call your own. Pass me a drink.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:11 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73156
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
If you sign an agent after everyone with a clue tells you it's a mistake, no, I don't care. Go play in Canada, figure something out. That's life, young ppl make mistakes and have to live with them.

These athletes are coddled enough. To the point that the true prodigies among them are forced to make men like the "ol ball coach" look like a million bucks for three years of indentured servitude????.....Naw man, gag me with a spoon. Lattimore should have been able to go pro after his freshmen year.
The problem is people with a clue tell juniors to come out all the time when they aren't ready. There are a multitude of non-seniors drafted 6th to undrafted often. These guys have their family and friends as their people they know with a clue. It isn't coddling them to make sure they don't do something at the age of 18 that screws their whole life.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:58 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 35427

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
The problem is people with a clue tell juniors to come out all the time when they aren't ready. There are a multitude of non-seniors drafted 6th to undrafted often. These guys have their family and friends as their people they know with a clue. It isn't coddling them to make sure they don't do something at the age of 18 that screws their whole life.
Sure it is. Cuz they're dumb and/or not good enough, a player that is good enough should be denied a once in a lifetime opportunity?...Not in a million years is that fair.

On a long enough time line, all football players ability to produce at the highest level becomes nil. It's an even shorter time frame for RBs. If a man at 19, is good enough to earn millions playing professional football, then no man or board of directors on this earth has any right whatsoever to deny him that.

Regardless the "woe are the idiots" logic they may try to hide behind.

And we'd be fools to think so nobly of the NFL's reasoning for having the three year rule. That rule is in place to ensure that the NCAA will continue to act as the NFL's minor league. The big colleges would cease to perform their current function if the NFL sniped their best talent from them. No more friendly relations, no more coaches giving honest appraisals of this prospect or that, no more scouting games or practices, no more access at all. That's what it's really about. I find it deplorable personally.

Most of these kids are not ready for the NFL. The NCAA is just this scum stinking piece of krap organization that bogarts these talented young players for three years and the NFL agrees to let them do it cuz they win in the end. For little cost to them they get to sit back and watch the cream rise to the top.

Problem is, some kids mature sooner, and they only have til they're about 30 years old to capitalize on their ability.

It is dead wrong to chop the prime of their career off at the knees by shortening the time frame they are legally allowed to do it professionally to 8-9 years as opposed to 11-12.

Face it. The NFL loves to have the opportunity to see if a kid will break before they bother paying him a bunch of money. That's what it really comes down to and it sickens me.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Sure it is. Cuz they're dumb and/or not good enough, a player that is good enough should be denied a once in a lifetime opportunity?...Not in a million years is that fair.

On a long enough time line, all football players ability to produce at the highest level becomes nil. It's an even shorter time frame for RBs. If a man at 19, is good enough to earn millions playing professional football, then no man or board of directors on this earth has any right whatsoever to deny him that.

Regardless the "woe are the idiots" logic they may try to hide behind.

And we'd be fools to think so nobly of the NFL's reasoning for having the three year rule. That rule is in place to ensure that the NCAA will continue to act as the NFL's minor league. The big colleges would cease to perform their current function if the NFL sniped their best talent from them. No more friendly relations, no more coaches giving honest appraisals of this prospect or that, no more scouting games or practices, no more access at all. That's what it's really about. I find it deplorable personally.

Most of these kids are not ready for the NFL. The NCAA is just this scum stinking piece of krap organization that bogarts these talented young players for three years and the NFL agrees to let them do it cuz they win in the end. For little cost to them they get to sit back and watch the cream rise to the top.

Problem is, some kids mature sooner, and they only have til they're about 30 years old to capitalize on their ability.

It is dead wrong to chop the prime of their career off at the knees by shortening the time frame they are legally allowed to do it professionally to 8-9 years as opposed to 11-12.

Face it. The NFL loves to have the opportunity to see if a kid will break before they bother paying him a bunch of money. That's what it really comes down to and it sickens me.
I know why it exists. It's to make the NCAA money. But that doesn't take away from the fact that these guys still wouldn't be ready, and having one bad decision before your 20 turn your life to **** is stupid. The case of a guy being ready is 1 in 1,000 college football players. Lattimore was obviously shat on by being hurt the way he has. But again, that's why there needs to be compensation here
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
I know why it exists. It's to make the NCAA money. But that doesn't take away from the fact that these guys still wouldn't be ready, and having one bad decision before your 20 turn your life to **** is stupid. The case of a guy being ready is 1 in 1,000 college football players. Lattimore was obviously shat on by being hurt the way he has. But again, that's why there needs to be compensation here
Ppl aint ready for a lot things whether they're 18 or 35 don't matter. Once 18, people should have the right to declare for the NFL draft if they want. No argument to the contrary, however good the intent may be, changes basic liberties.....
Old 10-30-2012, 02:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20666

Quote:
Ppl aint ready for a lot things whether they're 18 or 35 don't matter. Once 18, people should have the right to declare for the NFL draft if they want. No argument to the contrary, however good the intent may be, changes basic liberties.....
And the NFL can just say they aren't eligible.
You're reaching saying that it somehow restricts liberties.
Were my rights restricted because I didnt get a chance to perform at the combine even though I haven't played football in 5 years?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
And the NFL can just say they aren't eligible.
You're reaching saying that it somehow restricts liberties.
Were my rights restricted because I didnt get a chance to perform at the combine even though I haven't played football in 5 years?
No.

My point is the same.

Lattimore made the ol ball coach look like a million bucks.

And he probably literally made South Carolina University even more than that.

For what exactly, on his end?

Fair question ain't it?

The three year rule is garbage, not a shred of sound logic supports it. Well meaning thought processes abound but the fact remains. A man's life is his to do with as he will.

The consequences are his to live with.

To safeguard fools we cater to stupidity.......I'll not be party to it. It's shullbit.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20666

And he has been paid free tuition, housing and food to play football.
Sorry but it is a sport where injuries happen. Move on.
If he chose to be an idiot and not get a real degree or try hard at school, then boo freaking hoo.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
And he has been paid free tuition, housing and food to play football.
Sorry but it is a sport where injuries happen. Move on.
If he chose to be an idiot and not get a real degree or try hard at school, then boo freaking hoo.
Sorry, but not letting a man pursue a professional career flies in the face of the liberty this nation is supposed to be all about.

You can wax poetic about the free college education all you want and it will never change that fundamental truth.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Quote:
I think there have been about 3 kids in the past 15 years drafted at the age of 20. Amobi Okoye being the only one I know of
Tyron smith (tackle for the cowboys) was 20 when he got drafted. I remember one of the other linemen inviting him out for a drink and he couldn't because he wasn't 21

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

I voted for the first time today.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 11-06-2012, 03:31 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
I voted for the first time today.
Congrats
Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Congrats
Now can we vote Mike Brown out of the Bengals?

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 11-06-2012, 04:34 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Now can we vote Mike Brown out of the Bengals?
Nope

Who did you v ote for?
Old 11-06-2012, 04:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Nope

Who did you v ote for?
The less confused.

Did you vote?

Old 11-06-2012, 04:40 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
The less confused.

Did you vote?
Nope. Wasn't registered in time
Old 11-06-2012, 04:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Nope. Wasn't registered in time
Oh who would you have voted for?

Old 11-06-2012, 04:45 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Oh who would you have voted for?
Gary Johnson or Ron P
Old 11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Gary Johnson or Ron P
Gary Johnson is a good choice.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50487

Quote:
Gary Johnson or Ron P
The 3rd party candidates that made it on the Washington ballot were garbage.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9673

Depending on how my interview goes tomorrow, if you watch the Penn State college basketball games, you may be hearing my voice as an announcer

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Depending on how my interview goes tomorrow, if you watch the Penn State college basketball games, you may be hearing my voice as an announcer
Make sure to mention the Bengals every game you announce.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9673

Quote:
Make sure to mention the Bengals every game you announce.
Oh I will. Somehow.

"And so-and-so with the dunk. His hops reminds me of the hops of Cincinnati Bengal, AJ Green, who will be playing this Sunday. Be sure to watch Green continue to be one of the best talents in the NFL....and now Penn State has scored again, which is something the Bengals need to do this Sunday in order to not only win, but keep their playoff wins alive".

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Oh I will. Somehow.

"And so-and-so with the dunk. His hops reminds me of the hops of Cincinnati Bengal, AJ Green, who will be playing this Sunday. Be sure to watch Green continue to be one of the best talents in the NFL....and now Penn State has scored again, which is something the Bengals need to do this Sunday in order to not only win, but keep their playoff wins alive".
"Devon Still former Penn St defensive tackle is playing for the Bengals, shout out to him!"

You can make it work.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50487

Quote:
"Devon Still former Penn St defensive tackle is playing for the Bengals, shout out to him!"

You can make it work.
"Also fans, make sure you don't rape little kids."

A hush falls over the crowd.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Dude View Post
"Also fans, make sure you don't rape little kids."

A hush falls over the crowd.
But have sex with beautiful women

The crowd erupts