Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch > The Lounge

The Lounge Your own cool little spot to call your own. Pass me a drink.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #35301  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:11 AM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,249
Rep Points: 73156
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
If you sign an agent after everyone with a clue tells you it's a mistake, no, I don't care. Go play in Canada, figure something out. That's life, young ppl make mistakes and have to live with them.

These athletes are coddled enough. To the point that the true prodigies among them are forced to make men like the "ol ball coach" look like a million bucks for three years of indentured servitude????.....Naw man, gag me with a spoon. Lattimore should have been able to go pro after his freshmen year.
The problem is people with a clue tell juniors to come out all the time when they aren't ready. There are a multitude of non-seniors drafted 6th to undrafted often. These guys have their family and friends as their people they know with a clue. It isn't coddling them to make sure they don't do something at the age of 18 that screws their whole life.
Reply With Quote
  #35302  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:58 AM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,984
Rep Points: 35427
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
The problem is people with a clue tell juniors to come out all the time when they aren't ready. There are a multitude of non-seniors drafted 6th to undrafted often. These guys have their family and friends as their people they know with a clue. It isn't coddling them to make sure they don't do something at the age of 18 that screws their whole life.
Sure it is. Cuz they're dumb and/or not good enough, a player that is good enough should be denied a once in a lifetime opportunity?...Not in a million years is that fair.

On a long enough time line, all football players ability to produce at the highest level becomes nil. It's an even shorter time frame for RBs. If a man at 19, is good enough to earn millions playing professional football, then no man or board of directors on this earth has any right whatsoever to deny him that.

Regardless the "woe are the idiots" logic they may try to hide behind.

And we'd be fools to think so nobly of the NFL's reasoning for having the three year rule. That rule is in place to ensure that the NCAA will continue to act as the NFL's minor league. The big colleges would cease to perform their current function if the NFL sniped their best talent from them. No more friendly relations, no more coaches giving honest appraisals of this prospect or that, no more scouting games or practices, no more access at all. That's what it's really about. I find it deplorable personally.

Most of these kids are not ready for the NFL. The NCAA is just this scum stinking piece of krap organization that bogarts these talented young players for three years and the NFL agrees to let them do it cuz they win in the end. For little cost to them they get to sit back and watch the cream rise to the top.

Problem is, some kids mature sooner, and they only have til they're about 30 years old to capitalize on their ability.

It is dead wrong to chop the prime of their career off at the knees by shortening the time frame they are legally allowed to do it professionally to 8-9 years as opposed to 11-12.

Face it. The NFL loves to have the opportunity to see if a kid will break before they bother paying him a bunch of money. That's what it really comes down to and it sickens me.
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #35303  
Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,249
Rep Points: 73156
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Sure it is. Cuz they're dumb and/or not good enough, a player that is good enough should be denied a once in a lifetime opportunity?...Not in a million years is that fair.

On a long enough time line, all football players ability to produce at the highest level becomes nil. It's an even shorter time frame for RBs. If a man at 19, is good enough to earn millions playing professional football, then no man or board of directors on this earth has any right whatsoever to deny him that.

Regardless the "woe are the idiots" logic they may try to hide behind.

And we'd be fools to think so nobly of the NFL's reasoning for having the three year rule. That rule is in place to ensure that the NCAA will continue to act as the NFL's minor league. The big colleges would cease to perform their current function if the NFL sniped their best talent from them. No more friendly relations, no more coaches giving honest appraisals of this prospect or that, no more scouting games or practices, no more access at all. That's what it's really about. I find it deplorable personally.

Most of these kids are not ready for the NFL. The NCAA is just this scum stinking piece of krap organization that bogarts these talented young players for three years and the NFL agrees to let them do it cuz they win in the end. For little cost to them they get to sit back and watch the cream rise to the top.

Problem is, some kids mature sooner, and they only have til they're about 30 years old to capitalize on their ability.

It is dead wrong to chop the prime of their career off at the knees by shortening the time frame they are legally allowed to do it professionally to 8-9 years as opposed to 11-12.

Face it. The NFL loves to have the opportunity to see if a kid will break before they bother paying him a bunch of money. That's what it really comes down to and it sickens me.
I know why it exists. It's to make the NCAA money. But that doesn't take away from the fact that these guys still wouldn't be ready, and having one bad decision before your 20 turn your life to **** is stupid. The case of a guy being ready is 1 in 1,000 college football players. Lattimore was obviously shat on by being hurt the way he has. But again, that's why there needs to be compensation here
Reply With Quote
  #35304  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 PM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,984
Rep Points: 35427
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
I know why it exists. It's to make the NCAA money. But that doesn't take away from the fact that these guys still wouldn't be ready, and having one bad decision before your 20 turn your life to **** is stupid. The case of a guy being ready is 1 in 1,000 college football players. Lattimore was obviously shat on by being hurt the way he has. But again, that's why there needs to be compensation here
Ppl aint ready for a lot things whether they're 18 or 35 don't matter. Once 18, people should have the right to declare for the NFL draft if they want. No argument to the contrary, however good the intent may be, changes basic liberties.....
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #35305  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:42 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,812
Rep Points: 20666
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Ppl aint ready for a lot things whether they're 18 or 35 don't matter. Once 18, people should have the right to declare for the NFL draft if they want. No argument to the contrary, however good the intent may be, changes basic liberties.....
And the NFL can just say they aren't eligible.
You're reaching saying that it somehow restricts liberties.
Were my rights restricted because I didnt get a chance to perform at the combine even though I haven't played football in 5 years?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35306  
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 AM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,984
Rep Points: 35427
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
And the NFL can just say they aren't eligible.
You're reaching saying that it somehow restricts liberties.
Were my rights restricted because I didnt get a chance to perform at the combine even though I haven't played football in 5 years?
No.

My point is the same.

Lattimore made the ol ball coach look like a million bucks.

And he probably literally made South Carolina University even more than that.

For what exactly, on his end?

Fair question ain't it?

The three year rule is garbage, not a shred of sound logic supports it. Well meaning thought processes abound but the fact remains. A man's life is his to do with as he will.

The consequences are his to live with.

To safeguard fools we cater to stupidity.......I'll not be party to it. It's shullbit.
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #35307  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,812
Rep Points: 20666
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

And he has been paid free tuition, housing and food to play football.
Sorry but it is a sport where injuries happen. Move on.
If he chose to be an idiot and not get a real degree or try hard at school, then boo freaking hoo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35308  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,984
Rep Points: 35427
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
And he has been paid free tuition, housing and food to play football.
Sorry but it is a sport where injuries happen. Move on.
If he chose to be an idiot and not get a real degree or try hard at school, then boo freaking hoo.
Sorry, but not letting a man pursue a professional career flies in the face of the liberty this nation is supposed to be all about.

You can wax poetic about the free college education all you want and it will never change that fundamental truth.
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #35309  
Old 11-03-2012, 01:34 PM
henrizzle's Avatar
henrizzle henrizzle is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,233
Rep Points: 1282
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
I think there have been about 3 kids in the past 15 years drafted at the age of 20. Amobi Okoye being the only one I know of
Tyron smith (tackle for the cowboys) was 20 when he got drafted. I remember one of the other linemen inviting him out for a drink and he couldn't because he wasn't 21
__________________

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Reply With Quote
  #35310  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Orange and Black Attack's Avatar
Orange and Black Attack Orange and Black Attack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,713
Rep Points: 3061
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

I voted for the first time today.
__________________




"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Reply With Quote
  #35311  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:31 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,249
Rep Points: 73156
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
I voted for the first time today.
Congrats
Reply With Quote
  #35312  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Orange and Black Attack's Avatar
Orange and Black Attack Orange and Black Attack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,713
Rep Points: 3061
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Congrats
Now can we vote Mike Brown out of the Bengals?
__________________




"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Reply With Quote
  #35313  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:34 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,249
Rep Points: 73156
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
Now can we vote Mike Brown out of the Bengals?
Nope

Who did you v ote for?
Reply With Quote
  #35314  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Orange and Black Attack's Avatar
Orange and Black Attack Orange and Black Attack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,713
Rep Points: 3061
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Nope

Who did you v ote for?
The less confused.





Did you vote?
__________________




"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Reply With Quote
  #35315  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:40 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,249
Rep Points: 73156
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
The less confused.





Did you vote?
Nope. Wasn't registered in time
Reply With Quote
  #35316  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Orange and Black Attack's Avatar
Orange and Black Attack Orange and Black Attack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,713
Rep Points: 3061
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Nope. Wasn't registered in time
Oh who would you have voted for?
__________________




"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Reply With Quote
  #35317  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:45 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,249
Rep Points: 73156
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
Oh who would you have voted for?
Gary Johnson or Ron P
Reply With Quote
  #35318  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Orange and Black Attack's Avatar
Orange and Black Attack Orange and Black Attack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,713
Rep Points: 3061
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Gary Johnson or Ron P
Gary Johnson is a good choice.
__________________




"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Reply With Quote
  #35319  
Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 38,862
Rep Points: 50487
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Gary Johnson or Ron P
The 3rd party candidates that made it on the Washington ballot were garbage.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Reply With Quote
  #35320  
Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,469
Rep Points: 9673
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Depending on how my interview goes tomorrow, if you watch the Penn State college basketball games, you may be hearing my voice as an announcer
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #35321  
Old 11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Orange and Black Attack's Avatar
Orange and Black Attack Orange and Black Attack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,713
Rep Points: 3061
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Depending on how my interview goes tomorrow, if you watch the Penn State college basketball games, you may be hearing my voice as an announcer
Make sure to mention the Bengals every game you announce.
__________________




"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Reply With Quote
  #35322  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 PM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,469
Rep Points: 9673
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
Make sure to mention the Bengals every game you announce.
Oh I will. Somehow.

"And so-and-so with the dunk. His hops reminds me of the hops of Cincinnati Bengal, AJ Green, who will be playing this Sunday. Be sure to watch Green continue to be one of the best talents in the NFL....and now Penn State has scored again, which is something the Bengals need to do this Sunday in order to not only win, but keep their playoff wins alive".
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #35323  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Orange and Black Attack's Avatar
Orange and Black Attack Orange and Black Attack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,713
Rep Points: 3061
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Oh I will. Somehow.

"And so-and-so with the dunk. His hops reminds me of the hops of Cincinnati Bengal, AJ Green, who will be playing this Sunday. Be sure to watch Green continue to be one of the best talents in the NFL....and now Penn State has scored again, which is something the Bengals need to do this Sunday in order to not only win, but keep their playoff wins alive".
"Devon Still former Penn St defensive tackle is playing for the Bengals, shout out to him!"


You can make it work.
__________________




"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Reply With Quote
  #35324  
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 38,862
Rep Points: 50487
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
"Devon Still former Penn St defensive tackle is playing for the Bengals, shout out to him!"


You can make it work.
"Also fans, make sure you don't rape little kids."

A hush falls over the crowd.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Reply With Quote
  #35325  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,249
Rep Points: 73156
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Dude View Post
"Also fans, make sure you don't rape little kids."

A hush falls over the crowd.
But have sex with beautiful women

The crowd erupts
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
baboon barrel racing, bengals23 hates eox, big nutty snacks, cbf, cheese wheel sculptures, emoxyod, eox hates bengals23, fresno state wac champs., harleydog, hearusroar thumbsup, hearusroar's awesomeness, hearusroar's lameness, heretic, i love beer and whiskey!, my home away from home!, pink tacos rule, seadragon, tacos rule, vcu rams sex appeal, vcu's attraction to rams

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.