Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6254
Default Re: Enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
You ever heard of file 13? The best thing to make a statement is to STOP going to the games. This will only get his attention. If you do not remember, he said, you fans are just a THEME. That is his real feelings. What more needs to be said? He could care less about winning or you and only cares about the ole might dollar. Enjoy the circus!
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2011
Fans stopped going to games in 2011, and the Bengals went to the playoffs.

Perhaps, the absence of Cincinnati fans reduced the negative vibe at PBS and actually served to assist the Bengals in going to the playoffs.

In 2012, the commiserate fans returned along with their negative vibe thus hurting the Bengals chances at winning.

Maybe.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2281

Shady,

I feel your pain, but the plain truth is this family's family business is football. It is their passion and consumes their daily lives.They would not know what to do with themselves if they did not have a football team to run. Have they done a poor job since Paul Brown died, overall yes. Have they gotten some what better? The Commishioner Roger Goddell will tell you that they went to the playoffs in 2005, 2009, & 2011. So that is a marginal yes.

Will they go any further with Marvin at the helm? Probably no. Frankly, the game has passed Marvin by. He still wants to run the ball , play defense, a punt is not a bad thing...all the while the NFL liberalizes the game's rules to favor the passing game-protect the QB, protect the receiver, O-line can use their hand more than ever before. Look at the way the Steelers have evolved: 3 standout WR's, a great pas catching TE, running back who are dangerous receivers oiut of the backfield....alll the while we use an immensely gifted TE in pass protection much of the time as well as keeping a back in. Wanna know why we can shake receivers free? Look at how many maximum protection passes we call. Yes , our receivers are young: Binns, Sanu, Jones, Hawkins-even AJ and Gresham (who was used mainly as a blocker while Brakowski ran his ridiculous 17 yard pass plays as OC).

How much would this offense turn around with Mike Martz running it.(Yes we would have to trade Gresham) or some other offensive guru?

We all know these things but the Brown family will stick to their guns and we are stuck with it....

Ian
In some cities when times are difficult, fans encourage their athletes with platitudes like go for the Gold or Go for the Goal, here in Cincinnati we are a little skewed...when times get ruff, we go for the Goat
Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 172

You can't fix stupid !
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I hope everyone here can afford a stamp. That, and a little time, is all I'm asking for.

It may do no good at all, but at least we can say we tried.

I'm going to compose a letter to Mike Brown and mail it to him at

Cincinnati Bengals
Attn: Mike Brown
One Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

In that letter, I'm going to make the best case I can make as to why he needs to fire the current coaching staff and then step down himself, unless he's willing to hire a competent GM and a head coach with a winning track record in the NFL.

I hope you'll all consider doing the same, and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

Maybe if he gets 300+ letters, he might do something.

WHO DEY!
Actually, the more letters that arrive, the more INTRANSIGENT he becomes. Mikey thrives on resisting pressure. It totally feeds into his "this franchise is MINE and I am IN CHARGE!" attitude.

But send it if it makes you feel better.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
I hope everyone here can afford a stamp. That, and a little time, is all I'm asking for.

It may do no good at all, but at least we can say we tried.

I'm going to compose a letter to Mike Brown and mail it to him at

Cincinnati Bengals
Attn: Mike Brown
One Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

In that letter, I'm going to make the best case I can make as to why he needs to fire the current coaching staff and then step down himself, unless he's willing to hire a competent GM and a head coach with a winning track record in the NFL.

I hope you'll all consider doing the same, and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

Maybe if he gets 300+ letters, he might do something.

WHO DEY!

A friend of mine that used to visit this blog did that several times a few years back,,,he even posted the letter on here and got blasted by half the members.

He actually recieved a response back from brown as well as talked to someone on the phone i think it was katies husband?

I read the letter brown sent back,,,he was nice,,,however he didtn really touch on anything my friend said and just assured him they are trying their hardest to put a good football team out there (yeah right)

But that was just one guy,,,who knows, maybe if hundreds do this
Old 11-06-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2011
Fans stopped going to games in 2011, and the Bengals went to the playoffs.

Perhaps, the absence of Cincinnati fans reduced the negative vibe at PBS and actually served to assist the Bengals in going to the playoffs.

In 2012, the commiserate fans returned along with their negative vibe thus hurting the Bengals chances at winning.

Maybe.
Yep, it's the fans fault. Shame on them and their unrealistic expectations
Old 11-06-2012, 03:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
so i guess the obvious answer that nobody's saying is that we have a raffle on the boards for someone to just bite the bullet and murder him.

practical and a very high probability of success. old people are slow and fragile.
I would delete this one.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben zoo 2 View Post
Good luck, shady. Unfortunately I think your letter will fall on deaf ears, blind eyes and hard heads.
Pssssh Mike Brown is thrifty, he'll use the letters as kindling for his fire place. Who needs logs when you have the hopes and dreams of a 1000 bengals fans on flammable material.

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Yep, it's the fans fault. Shame on them and their unrealistic expectations
Unrealistic expectations that the Bengals would be terrible in 2011 and unworthy of watching?

Unrealistic expectations that the Bengals were going to be awesome in 2012?

Or both?
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18743

Quote:
so i guess the obvious answer that nobody's saying is that we have a raffle on the boards for someone to just bite the bullet and murder him.

practical and a very high probability of success. old people are slow and fragile.
Prepare for a PM from the mods. Better delete this.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
Pssssh Mike Brown is thrifty, he'll use the letters as kindling for his fire place. Who needs logs when you have the hopes and dreams of a 1000 bengals fans on flammable material.
We get burned every year.

Mike Brown is just Breaking Bad.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Prepare for a PM from the mods. Better delete this.
i don't understand the supportive warnings when you both quoted me. honestly.

are they really that serious around here? -_-

Last edited by Lygraf; 11-07-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44586

Quote:
Unrealistic expectations that the Bengals would be terrible in 2011 and unworthy of watching?

Unrealistic expectations that the Bengals were going to be awesome in 2012?

Or both?

Unrealistic expectations that the Bengals might put together back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in nearly 30 years.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 263

Save your stamps and your time! Mike Brown doesn't care about what the fans think or want. All he listens too is the pocket book. Hit him hard where it hurts the most! Just quit attending the games, and quit buying his products. Then you will get his attention!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1095

Quote:

Yikes. Bloods on your hands sir. Don't be surprised if the FBI come knocking on your door.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 32

Quote:

I might be the one I've said it before
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
Bloods on your hands sir. Don't be surprised if the FBI come knocking on your door.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5086

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Marvin is a good guy, probably a great dude to play for, but hes just a horrible coach.
Marvin does not set very high expectations.

The problem starts at a very elemental level. We don't develop legitimate NFL players. It is no wonder that we seem to constantly come up short in the 4th quater game after game. Our players are more poorly conditioned than the teams we play. The go-ahead score in last Sunday's game may have come on a pass, but they ran MaGahee down the field to get there.

James Harrison becames a bull down the stretch. Rey Maualuga trips and falls. Reggie Nelson tweaks his knee. Whitworth and Andre Smith look whipped.

The constant discussion about particular play calls and particular players should be secondary to what the hell this teams does with their strenght and conditioning program.

Since I live in Cincinnati and do not have a ticket to the game against the Giants I will not be able to watch, so I need those who are allowed to see the game to report on the 2nd half physical slump.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Unrealistic expectations that the Bengals might put together back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in nearly 30 years.
30 years? Read up on your history a little better.

In 64 years of history, the Bengals have had back-to-back winning seasons 4 times.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2281

Quote:

Not funny and in poor taste-please take this off-much as we love football and the Bengals in particular, its only A GAME!

Ian
In some cities when times are difficult, fans encourage their athletes with platitudes like go for the Gold or Go for the Goal, here in Cincinnati we are a little skewed...when times get ruff, we go for the Goat
Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24012

Quote:

In 64 years of history, the Bengals have had back-to-back winning seasons 4 times.
First off, the Bengals have only been around for 44 years.

Secondly, he said we haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in 30 years. He's correct (1981-82).

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
i don't understand the supportive warnings when you both quoted me, hahahah

are they really that serious around here? -_-
About that kind of stuff, yeah. I got called on something similar last week. Not outright death . . . but still. Nothing remotely sounding like a threat to anyone's life or well-being.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
About that kind of stuff, yeah. I got called on something similar last week. Not outright death . . . but still. Nothing remotely sounding like a threat to anyone's life or well-being.
I'm still waiting for a PM.

Last I checked we weren't a ****ing police state.

The amount of negative posts regarding a (CLEARLY) ****ing harmless post just reflects the anti-progressive movement of this entire team.

Last edited by Lygraf; 11-07-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:38 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44586

Quote:

1.) This doesn't disprove my knowledge of our history the last 30 years... no back to back winning seasons.

2.) Wow, that's even more pathetic than I thought. After the past 30 years of nothing, only 4 times before that. PATHETIC.

Thanks for making it clear how much more inept things have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
First off, the Bengals have only been around for 44 years.

Secondly, he said we haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in 30 years. He's correct (1981-82).
Watch out now, you don't want to go questioning super-perfect fan mulligan. He's much better than all of us, and he let's us know it

Last edited by Danno; 11-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
if that's true, and if we can prove it, then i'd like to pull together a group of investors, beginning with boomer and munoz, to buy him out. Some of our former players have to have the connections to get a group together to buy him out.
lol