Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > Other Sports

Other Sports Here's your chance to talk about the happenings going on around the sports world. Hey, even the NBA is up for discussion.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8847
Default The fall of Lance Armstrong

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/22/sp...html?hpt=hp_t1
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467
Default Re: The fall of Lance Armstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Bandini View Post
trying to sit on a barstool with only 1 ball for balance can be dangerous.

I still dont know if i believe he did this because it took them forever to figure it out.

Last edited by XenoMorph; 10-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4164

Here's the thing for me. How many doping tests did Lance pass? Lots of them. Lots. And he never failed once. and now everyone is saying how much indisputable evidence there is against him. Really? Where was all this evidence back when it really counted? I like how he's handled all this. He's tired of fighting them and doesn't care what they try to do to his legacy now and is basically giving the middle finger back to cycling, which is awesome! I don't care if he cheated or not, cycling needed him more than he needed cycling. I couldn't name another Tour De France rider, other than Lance and some Floyd guy, and quite frankly, I don't even care to name another Tour rider. Without Lance, cycling is dead to me, just like how the NBA died when Michael Jordan retired.

Last edited by BengalHawk62; 10-22-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalHawk62 View Post
Here's the thing for me. How many doping tests did Lance pass? Lots of them. Lots. And he never failed once. and now everyone is saying how much indisputable evidence there is against him. Really? Where was is went it really counted? I like how he's handled all this. He's tired of fighting them, doesn't care what they try to do to his legacy now and is basically giving the middle finger back to cycling, which is awesome! I don't care if he cheated or not, cycling needed him more than he needed cycling. I couldn't name another Tour De France rider, other than Lance and some Floyd guy, and quite frankly, I don't even care to name another Tour rider. Without Lance, cycling is dead to me, just like how the NBA died when Michael Jordan retired.
**** Lance armstrong was the only reason cycling was known as a sport.

And you know what if you cant catch em when their doing it the you cant speculate and make up **** after the fact. 7 World tour titles if they suspected he was doping they should have not let him compete at all... Are they saying its not possible that hes the best of the best at what he does?

This to me would be like trying to take away michael phelps oympic gold medals because he got high after the olympics.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6688

Im guessing most of the guys racing at that time were on something. GET OFF HIS BACK already....

Throw his way and feel the FULL NELSON SUCKAS!!

INTENSITY!!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8847

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalHawk62 View Post
Here's the thing for me. How many doping tests did Lance pass? Lots of them. Lots. And he never failed once. and now everyone is saying how much indisputable evidence there is against him. Really? Where was all this evidence back when it really counted? I like how he's handled all this. He's tired of fighting them and doesn't care what they try to do to his legacy now and is basically giving the middle finger back to cycling, which is awesome! I don't care if he cheated or not, cycling needed him more than he needed cycling. I couldn't name another Tour De France rider, other than Lance and some Floyd guy, and quite frankly, I don't even care to name another Tour rider. Without Lance, cycling is dead to me, just like how the NBA died when Michael Jordan retired.
Doping tests are five years late comapred to doping science. Armstrong get caught but negociated with the UCI to hide it. It's in the files.

He get caught when they analyzed him back with his blood but it was too late to act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
**** Lance armstrong was the only reason cycling was known as a sport.

And you know what if you cant catch em when their doing it the you cant speculate and make up **** after the fact. 7 World tour titles if they suspected he was doping they should have not let him compete at all... Are they saying its not possible that hes the best of the best at what he does?

This to me would be like trying to take away michael phelps oympic gold medals because he got high after the olympics.
Cyclism is dead ? In USA or all over the world ?

There's still races even if Armstrong retired, you know that ?

Maybe you don't pay interest in sports where american people are not the best of the world but some people do.

In fact, if he wasn't american you guys would call him biggest fraud in history.

And he is actually. The fact that he is american is purely anectodical.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7177

Fruit Loops on bikes.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:29 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 17135

At least he used his cheated fame for good... a half of billion dollars for cancer research is quite a bit....

Cincinnati Bengals
2013 AFCN Champions !

Last edited by NashvilleBengalfan; 10-25-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:38 AM
jazz008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Bandini View Post
Thanks for this. On the other hand, I know this may sound off topic, but recently I heard that the Bureau of Labor Statistics has released its October jobs report. It is the final report before the election. Jobs ticked up, but so did the unemployment rate, indicating no home run for either prospect. You can have a look at much of our web site for more info.