Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762
Default This is an awesome individual.

A friend of mine posted this on my wall on Facebook. This kind of thing shows that maybe there is hope for the human race after all.

I'm a cashier at store 1563 and feel like I need to share this story. Tonight at the end of my shift I shut my light off and started ringing out my last customers of the day. They where a young married couple in their early 20's with an infant girl. As I was scanning their items a man starts to come in my line asking if I was closed. As much as I just wanted to go home I said yes but ill take you. He thanked me and waited patiently while the husband and wife tried different cards to pay for their groceries, diapers, and other baby items. Decline after decline the women was visibly shaken. As they started to go through their bags to put stuff back the man stepped up to the debit reader and swiped his card. They didn't even realize until I handed them the receipt and said he just paid for it for you. They where in complete shock, the wife teared up while thanking him as the husband shook his hand and thanked him. I also teared up and told him what a wonderful man he was and that was the nicest thing I have ever seen. Instead of taking credit His response was that I had made it happen for letting him check out at my register after I was closed. What an awesome selfless person, an angel on earth!!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13704
Default Re: This is an awesome individual.

That's so awesome. Love thy neighbor indeed.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9041

There are so many good people on Earth but the medias never speak about them.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1025

That truly is a story that should ispire everyone to reach out and make a difference. Its amazing what people do for others. Makes me feel better about our society.

Anyone watch the Make A Wish series on ESPN every year?? It is pretty amazing how a day with an athlete can motivate a young child and help them battle and overcome issues they are dealing with.

Thanks for sharing this amazing story!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36756

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
A friend of mine posted this on my wall on Facebook. This kind of thing shows that maybe there is hope for the human race after all.

I'm a cashier at store 1563 and feel like I need to share this story. Tonight at the end of my shift I shut my light off and started ringing out my last customers of the day. They where a young married couple in their early 20's with an infant girl. As I was scanning their items a man starts to come in my line asking if I was closed. As much as I just wanted to go home I said yes but ill take you. He thanked me and waited patiently while the husband and wife tried different cards to pay for their groceries, diapers, and other baby items. Decline after decline the women was visibly shaken. As they started to go through their bags to put stuff back the man stepped up to the debit reader and swiped his card. They didn't even realize until I handed them the receipt and said he just paid for it for you. They where in complete shock, the wife teared up while thanking him as the husband shook his hand and thanked him. I also teared up and told him what a wonderful man he was and that was the nicest thing I have ever seen. Instead of taking credit His response was that I had made it happen for letting him check out at my register after I was closed. What an awesome selfless person, an angel on earth!!
Either that or he was tried of waiting.