Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 AM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,452
Rep Points: 12897
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
thats not the same...

People have died from water we should illegalize that too right?

Or hamburgers sense fat people die all the time from heart attacks.

And Salt/ Sugar sould be illegal.

And Churchs because it incourages discrimination and hate towards others that dont follow the same religion..

Want me to continue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
peanuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
Make automobiles illegal. In 2011 there were over 32,000 traffic fatalities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
I guess we should outlaw dogs, peanuts, all foods, grass, pollen, and bees too
This is where the debate always goes and is completely laughable to me.
__________________

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32168
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
I never said alcohol is a good thing. Misused it has horrible effects. Just like weed.

All that I am saying is that i hate the argument that this substance is worse or better than another. It is completely irrelevant to the discussion but it generally causes a great knee jerk reaction and defense.

People no longer have to deal with a dealer? So, what you are trying to say is that the dealers are just going to go away? No way, they will either start selling other drugs or be in direct competion with the government for price and "additives".

Tax money? Lol, the markup by the states would put them right out of their market share.
Im telling you most people would rather go to a store and buy it (guarenteed Quality/Quanity) than deal with someone who might just take their money and give them nothing in return.

If done right it will generate a ton of money for the states that choose to legalize it. The problem has always been well joe smoe can just grow it in his back yard. (true today as it was yesterday) and those guys will still be arrested unless they have a liscense to grow... I believe the orginial plan was 50$ a plant per year. and you could sell your excess back to the government.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32168
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
This is where the debate always goes and is completely laughable to me.
Because its laughable that people think its sooooo bad lol..

anyways Demolition man will probly happen and anything no good for you.

Salt / contact sports will be illegal.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Posts: 18,225
Rep Points: 28411
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
This is where the debate always goes and is completely laughable to me.
The laughable part for me is when someone seriously attempts to explain the dangers of smoking weed to me...that my friend is like watching a three legged dog trying to hump a squirrel.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:27 AM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,452
Rep Points: 12897
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Im telling you most people would rather go to a store and buy it (guarenteed Quality/Quanity) than deal with someone who might just take their money and give them nothing in return.

If done right it will generate a ton of money for the states that choose to legalize it. The problem has always been well joe smoe can just grow it in his back yard. (true today as it was yesterday) and those guys will still be arrested unless they have a liscense to grow... I believe the orginial plan was 50$ a plant per year. and you could sell your excess back to the government.
The biggest issue would be the cost. You know there would be one hell of a sin tax by the states. Legalizing it has no real benefit.
__________________

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,452
Rep Points: 12897
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Because its laughable that people think its sooooo bad lol..

anyways Demolition man will probly happen and anything no good for you.

Salt / contact sports will be illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
The laughable part for me is when someone seriously attempts to explain the dangers of smoking weed to me...that my friend is like watching a three legged dog trying to hump a squirrel.
I don't argue the danger of weed. It is comparable to alcohol as far as I am concerned. I just see no benefit to legalizing it.
__________________

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
The laughable part for me is when someone seriously attempts to explain the dangers of smoking weed to me...that my friend is like watching a three legged dog trying to hump a squirrel.
Holy mother of alla. This might be the funniest thing I've heard in a while. And this at least gets my nomination for post of the month, anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32168
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
The laughable part for me is when someone seriously attempts to explain the dangers of smoking weed to me...that my friend is like watching a three legged dog trying to hump a squirrel.
Toy sized dog or Rothweiler sized?


biggest dangers from smoking...


Falling asleep on the couch and eating all the potato chips.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 AM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
I don't argue the danger of weed. It is comparable to alcohol as far as I am concerned. I just see no benefit to legalizing it.
Well buddy, there's that saving lives thing, and relief from migranes. I saw the documentary. The chick with the migranes had to MOVE, so she could get relief from her pain.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:35 AM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,452
Rep Points: 12897
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Well buddy, there's that saving lives thing, and relief from migranes. I saw the documentary. The chick with the migranes had to MOVE, so she could get relief from her pain.
Saving lives? Give me an example please.

Ok, so get a prescription from a legit Dr. if you NEED it for medical purposes.

Please do not go the medical route, we do not necessarily disagree to its few medical benefits but don't try to sell me on the fact that most use for medical purposes.
__________________

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Danno's Avatar
Danno Danno is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
Posts: 11,627
Rep Points: 44787
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
This is where the debate always goes and is completely laughable to me.
We aren't the ones that brought up the "bad reaction to THC"
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Saving lives? Give me an example please.

Ok, so get a prescription from a legit Dr. if you NEED it for medical purposes.

Please do not go the medical route, we do not necessarily disagree to its few medical benefits but don't try to sell me on the fact that most use for medical purposes.
I gave some examples in my long post. And I don't believe I made any claim to sell anyone on any facts as to what it's used for the most. Certainly it's used primarily to get high.

I'm simply saying, that there is some value, and sensible reason's to remove it as an illegal schedule 1 drug. Many of today's beneficial medicines are opiates. As in Opium, as in Poppy plant. I personally have benefitted from some of that myself.

I'm sorry, but to be willing to just toss something aside, without at least testing for benefits, is not exactly how we got to where we are today.

As far as smoking to get high, it's going to happen anyway, and probably stay cheaper, but easily available, being illegal.

But you're misreading me, I think, I haven't even seen any marijuana for probably 25 years. I just see potential for something good to come from something that is no worse than many things already legal, and in use everyday.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 47,162
Rep Points: 51228
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post

People no longer have to deal with a dealer? So, what you are trying to say is that the dealers are just going to go away? No way, they will either start selling other drugs or be in direct competion with the government for price and "additives".

Tax money? Lol, the markup by the states would put them right out of their market share.
History proves you wrong. Just look at what happened when we made alcohol legal again after prohibition. Organized crime lost millions of dollars. People bought legal, high-taxed alcohol instead of dealing with criminals.

In fact it is now a well accepted economic theory that the main reason that alcohol was made legal again was to help the federal government get out of the depression.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
History proves you wrong. Just look at what happened when we made alcohol legal again after prohibition. Organized crime lost millions of dollars. People bought legal, high-taxed alcohol instead of dealing with criminals.

In fact it is now a well accepted economic theory that the main reason that alcohol was made legal again was to help the federal government get out of the depression.
I wasn't going to go there, but in addition, look at the results in Holland where both marijuana, and prostitution are regulated, but legal. The statistics on everything from violent crimes, to harder drug addiction, and even rape and sexually transmitted diseases, are amazing. They took 2 things that are "taboo", and found a way to make them beneficial, and actually improve their country.

Last edited by RumbleCat; 11-07-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 AM
HellMarine HellMarine is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,718
Rep Points: 2969
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
no not at all... That is the view of someone that knows nothing about the subject. as you appear not to.


One is an herb that grows in the ground. The other is cooked and processed by man.

One can kill you (herion) and get you incredably addicted.

the other cant kill you if you try (unless you get crushed by a ton brick of it i guess) and is a non addictive substance.

Weed is less harmful than cigerrettes or alchole yet both of those are legal. and you arent *****ing about those....
Well, that's actually incorrect. Weed CAN kill you, but you would have to smoke something like 2000 pounds in order for it to kill you, so it's not exactly plausible.

Either way people are going to smoke weed, whether it's legal or not. I don't care to smoke it, never have, but I think it's a little foolish to keep people locked up for it.
__________________


Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Well, that's actually incorrect. Weed CAN kill you, but you would have to smoke something like 2000 pounds in order for it to kill you, so it's not exactly plausible.

Either way people are going to smoke weed, whether it's legal or not. I don't care to smoke it, never have, but I think it's a little foolish to keep people locked up for it.
#1) Well said.

#2) Are/were you in the Corps?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:03 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Weed is legal

Another benefit to legalizing pot is that Little Debbies stock would skyrocket!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32168
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Well, that's actually incorrect. Weed CAN kill you, but you would have to smoke something like 2000 pounds in order for it to kill you, so it's not exactly plausible.

Either way people are going to smoke weed, whether it's legal or not. I don't care to smoke it, never have, but I think it's a little foolish to keep people locked up for it.
I think its your body weight within a 24 hour period. But that is probly not possible as one would be alseep before you finished 1 pound lol...

And like i Said a giant brick of it could kill you if it fell on you. Or suffocating on smoke. (but we cant limit that to this issue.)
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32168
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Another benefit to legalizing pot is that Little Debbies stock would skyrocket!
Boosting the Economy......


The average person would be nicer too...
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Danno's Avatar
Danno Danno is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
Posts: 11,627
Rep Points: 44787
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Boosting the Economy......


The average person would be nicer too...
I can think of some partisan pundits that need to smoke a bowl.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,416
Rep Points: 44739
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I can think of some partisan pundits that need to smoke a bowl.

The Indians didn't call it the "peace pipe" for nothin'!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,452
Rep Points: 12897
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
We aren't the ones that brought up the "bad reaction to THC"
Both sides of that argument are dumb, I should have been clearer.
__________________

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Danno's Avatar
Danno Danno is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
Posts: 11,627
Rep Points: 44787
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Both sides of that argument are dumb, I should have been clearer.
Gotcha.

Personally, I have no dog in this fight as I won't do it even if it is legal. The libertarian in me just always feels we should ere on the side of individual liberty. The gov already does enough to tell us what we can't do. So if people want to smoke pot and it's no where near as devastating as some substances that are currently legal (alcohol)? Let um.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32168
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Both sides of that argument are dumb, I should have been clearer.
I tend to overreact when someone makes that arguement...

I have a cuz allergic to Latex.. So lets outlaw condoms.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,316
Rep Points: 73324
Default Re: Weed is legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
This is where the debate always goes and is completely laughable to me.
Why? Because of the ridiculous notion of weed being dangerous is still there? I was being equally as ridiculous for emphasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
The biggest issue would be the cost. You know there would be one hell of a sin tax by the states. Legalizing it has no real benefit.
Except all thay money the sin tax creates
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.