Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128
Default Natikid's "Midway" mock (1.1)

Halfway through the long season. If we keep up the pace, we go a whopping 6-10... Considering our schedule, it's not ridiculous. I still say we fish these last 8 games 4-4
putting us at 7-9. Which draft wise probably positions us at 10-15 range. Our top 3 needs overall in my opinion our-

1. Middle of the field D:
When you look on tape, our corners consistently take away the hashmarks for QB's vision. And our safeties don't usually get beat deep, when pass offenses use the middle of the
field, we get destroyed. That includes safeties playing short and linebackers dropping back. Our pass rush can only get us so far.

2. Consistent ground game:
Look, honestly I'll give BJGE a little slack, he's got two guards who are at combined age of about 47, and a rookie center who I honestly have never heard of. And the guy in front of
him can only apparently block Haloti Nghata. Boiling is strongest in pass coverage but has still been solid. BenJarvus simply doesn't have a lot of explosiveness and defenses don't
really have to plan around him making him a non threat. And having his compliment B. Scott out doesn't help.

3. Trenches depth: It's not a pressing issue, but still made the list. Geathers is getting old and we don't know if Andre is coming back. Just something to take notice from.

Mock:

1. Manti Te'o - MLB
Leadership, consistency and pass coverage ability standout

2a. Kenny Vacarro - SS
trying to get away from the USC trend here and not pick McDonald

2b. Joseph Randle - RB
Kansas St. Game kinda hurt his stock but still love his skill set

3. Gerald Hodges - OLB
Nice pass rusher and provides depth in case Howard's not 100% and Lawson's bye bye

4. Best Corner

5. Best Olineman

6. Blocking TE

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 11-05-2012, 06:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29542
Default Re: Natikid's "Midway" mock (1.1)

Burfict is the MLB of the future. I want an OLB or CB in 1.

The rest is solid.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

Let's be real here, were in top ten range whether it's in or out of it. Teo is everything we don't have. Leadership, consistency and pass coverage ability. I actually prefer moving Burfict to the outside, he doesn't look like he can consistently fill gaps but is a nice outside tackler. Why wouldn't you want the defensive heisman candidate? Jones is a top 3 lock and Montgomery looks like mid 1st round. Teo is my guy. We need solididation at the linebacker position, he can bring it with Burfict. If he's gone though, Miliner wouldn't be that bad though.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Let's be real here, were in top ten range whether it's in or out of it. Teo is everything we don't have. Leadership, consistency and pass coverage ability. I actually prefer moving Burfict to the outside, he doesn't look like he can consistently fill gaps but is a nice outside tackler. Why wouldn't you want the defensive heisman candidate? Jones is a top 3 lock and Montgomery looks like mid 1st round. Teo is my guy. We need solididation at the linebacker position, he can bring it with Burfict. If he's gone though, Miliner wouldn't be that bad though.
I like Te'o as well. However, I HOPE that if the Bengals are still picking in the top 10 and want Te'o, that they would do what they did last year and trade back their first pick to someone like TB, and we would pick up their first and second round picks. TB desperately needs a new CB with Talib being traded, and De Milliner is right there for them to get if they trade with us.

We can then take Te'o still around pick 15-18 with TB's first-round pick (he should still be there), and then we can use the extra second rounder to get another good player.

Also, taking a Heisman candidate/winner is not always a great idea. Troy Smith was a Heisman winner, and he's out of football already.

As to Jason's point about Burfict being MLB of the future, I disagree. Burfict does not have the leadership that Te'o possesses. Burfict would benefit greatly from the attitude and inspiration from Te'o alongside him since he does have attitude, but Burfict does not seem like that leader himself.
Also, everyone thought the same with Maualuga when he was originally put at OLB. "He will be even better when he moves to his natural position at MLB." Turns out that he actually became worse than when he was OLB (IMO). We have a good thing going with Burfict at OLB, so why not develop him there? He has even openly stated he enjoys being there because he doesn't have to worry as much about taking on linemen.

The only other LB I think is completely better than Te'o is Jarvis Jones. I think the important thing is drafting the best overall LB we can when we pick, as we have the flexibility to move Burfict around if needed.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
I like Te'o as well. However, I HOPE that if the Bengals are still picking in the top 10 and want Te'o, that they would do what they did last year and trade back their first pick to someone like TB, and we would pick up their first and second round picks. TB desperately needs a new CB with Talib being traded, and De Milliner is right there for them to get if they trade with us.

We can then take Te'o still around pick 15-18 with TB's first-round pick (he should still be there), and then we can use the extra second rounder to get another good player.

Also, taking a Heisman candidate/winner is not always a great idea. Troy Smith was a Heisman winner, and he's out of football already.

As to Jason's point about Burfict being MLB of the future, I disagree. Burfict does not have the leadership that Te'o possesses. Burfict would benefit greatly from the attitude and inspiration from Te'o alongside him since he does have attitude, but Burfict does not seem like that leader himself.
Also, everyone thought the same with Maualuga when he was originally put at OLB. "He will be even better when he moves to his natural position at MLB." Turns out that he actually became worse than when he was OLB (IMO). We have a good thing going with Burfict at OLB, so why not develop him there? He has even openly stated he enjoys being there because he doesn't have to worry as much about taking on linemen.

The only other LB I think is completely better than Te'o is Jarvis Jones. I think the important thing is drafting the best overall LB we can when we pick, as we have the flexibility to move Burfict around if needed.
Nice scenario, but there is NO way that Teo is around at 15-18. I don't see him going in the top 10, but he won't get out of the top 15.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Nice scenario, but there is NO way that Teo is around at 15-18. I don't see him going in the top 10, but he won't get out of the top 15.
I dunno, I've seen him being projected anywhere between 10 and 20. So 15-18 is not out of the question. The performance against Pitt did not help raise his stock either, but it did not hinder it too much. People drop/raise every draft, so you definitely cannot say he WON'T be there.

I think we can both agree that he shouldn't be taken top 10 though, unless he finishes the season with remarkable games.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
I dunno, I've seen him being projected anywhere between 10 and 20. So 15-18 is not out of the question. The performance against Pitt did not help raise his stock either, but it did not hinder it too much. People drop/raise every draft, so you definitely cannot say he WON'T be there.

I think we can both agree that he shouldn't be taken top 10 though, unless he finishes the season with remarkable games.
I guess as of now I see him ranked as one of top 5 prospects, so it would be hard for me to see him fall that far.