Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10924
Default Just got laughed at on ESPN Radio

They were asking who would be the best team in 4 years, I of course phoned in and said Cincinnati. They just laughed a lot and said that Dalton is serviceable but will never be elite. And that they don't know that he'll be surrounded by enough talent, big surprise. Lol, it was worth a shot.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354
Default Re: Just got laughed at on ESPN Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
They were asking who would be the best team in 4 years, I of course phoned in and said Cincinnati. They just laughed a lot and said that Dalton is serviceable but will never be elite. And that they don't know that he'll be surrounded by enough talent, big surprise. Lol, it was worth a shot.
that is sad..They don't understand our Bengals!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post

I doubt any of you dang kids with your hip hop music and high top shoes even know who that man is.. damn kids
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 11-06-2012, 05:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

I would laugh at that also.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9925

But with our great history how do they not think Mike Brown will turn this team around?

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post

I doubt any of you dang kids with your hip hop music and high top shoes even know who that man is.. damn kids
You don't understand Bengal pride..Noone should laugh at your team like that..No I d not listen to hip hop..I listen to radioU columbus..so ha you proably never heard of that..back to bengal talk..
Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10924

I just wanted to see what they had to say. They said the Colts, Packers, and Bears.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 47030

Quote:

Yeah, I avoid calling into my local ESPN radio affiliate for just that reason. Now, there is this "Raider Dave" character that calls in several times a week. I think the only reason they don't laugh him off the air is because he gushes over CCU to them a good bit, as well.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23144

I agree with the Colts, and likely Packers, but not the Bears.

As for the Bengals in four years, they will still be getting crucified by their beloved sub-.500 coach and winning just enough to slip a mad exedous by season ticket holders. One post season showing every 2-4 years will keep Mikey's coffers full and keep fans believing that Lucy won't pull the football away at the last moment...
Old 11-06-2012, 05:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10585

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post

The Kids In The Hall used to be my favorite show. That's Bruce McCullough. Those guys were freakin' funny!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
You don't understand Bengal pride..Noone should laugh at your team like that..No I d not listen to hip hop..I listen to radioU columbus..so ha you proably never heard of that..back to bengal talk..
Yeah, but seriously, those dudes where funny, and probably a couple of them could start, this Sunday!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16559

Pretty funny.

I will say though that is one of the dumber questions/polls they could offer up. There is no way to even come close to accurately predict who will be among the league's elite in 4 years. It's hard enough to do even for next year, or two years down the road.

So many name, elite players now will be well past their prime by them. (Ray Rice, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings, R, White, Marquis Colston, Frank Gore, Brandon Marshall, etc.) Guys like Urlacher, McGahee, P Manning, Gonzales, Gates will all be out of the league. Where is Tom Brady? Is he playing? What level is Rodgers still at? Heck, a guy like Calvin Johnson will be just about the same age as Chad was when we let him go.

Throw in a few dozen major injuries, and you can't even project who will be where, and playing at what level, if playing at all.

Then think of the coaches. In four years I think it's safe to say just about half the league will have someone else at the helm.

I will say though, that the Bengals not being among them is probably about the strongest pick you could make. Just look at the top of the franchise and past results, and that's probably a pretty solid argument.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19759

I don't know what would make anyone think MB isn't running his 26 years to success plan exactly how he wanted it.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:53 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9353

Mike and Marvin are both clowns, and this team is the circus.. Whats not to laugh at?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
they laughed because they know Mike Brown is still the owner
Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2221

Quote:
I just wanted to see what they had to say. They said the Colts, Packers, and Bears.
I noticed a few people agreeing that the Colts will be one of the elite teams in a few years and I'm just curious what separates them from the Bengals? I understand that Luck is performing better than Dalton, but other than that what makes them better? They have Wayne but we have Green. The have Mathis and Freeney, but not much longer and we have Atkins, Johnson, Dunlap, and Burfict. They have a better looking situation at RB, but I'm hopeful the Bengals take care of that in this years draft. I'm not sure how they appear to be that much better? Outside of Luck their stars are getting old fast, but our play-makers are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year players... Just curious what everyone thought.

P.S. I understand we have Mike Brown as an owner, so maybe that is the reason.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1514

Quote:
If we were in a bar having this conversation I would have the bartender cut you off. You've obviously had enough.

Besides, 4 years from now NFL rosters will be very different from today. Buuuuuut, I'm guessing a certain owner and head coach will still be giggling all the way to the bank.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367

I would have never allowed myself to get in a position like that. Hahaha. Not worth the struggle.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Banned

I was at the Libary this morning and talking to people, they were steelers fans..They talked about that the steelers are playing great..When I mentioned I was a Bengal fan, they laughed at me..

Old 11-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1875

Quote:
I was at the Libary this morning and talking to people, they were steelers fans..They talked about that the steelers are playing great..When I mentioned I was a Bengal fan, they laughed at me..
Must have been in the CD/DVD section. Steelers fans can't read
Old 11-07-2012, 01:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Quote:
You should have told them that the Bengals 25 year rebuilding plan will finally be realized in 4 years.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Quote:

I live in the Pittsburgh area...I've learned not to tell people I am a Bengals fan.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
I live in the Pittsburgh area...I've learned not to tell people I am a Bengals fan.
Really?

You asked me to write up my interpretation of fan etiquette.

I know that you state that cheering and booing for your team doesn't differentiate between a "good" fan & a "bad" fan.

But, does being a "closet" Bengals fan differentiate?
Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35113

Quote:
Those that cant Do Teach
Those that Cant Teach write books

Those that cant even dress themselves talk on the radio...