Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2446
Default Re: Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I was a little shocked myself. He does need to cut back on the ints (on pace for 22) but didn't guys like Eli Manning, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees and our own Carson Palmer have some seasons with 20+ ints? Dalton is young. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with a real ground game and a better #2.
I completely agree. There will be growing pains, just like there are with all young QBs. He is going to be a fine QB for this franchise for years to come.

I really like that he is mobile and can extend plays by getting out of the pocket. As he continues to mature in the NFL, I believe he will also continue to improve. With a solid running game and #2 WR, he would/will put up very solid numbers.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiesfan View Post
I completely agree. There will be growing pains, just like there are with all young QBs. He is going to be a fine QB for this franchise for years to come.

I really like that he is mobile and can extend plays by getting out of the pocket. As he continues to mature in the NFL, I believe he will also continue to improve. With a solid running game and #2 WR, he would/will put up very solid numbers.
He could have three more ints if Denver backs could catch the ball, three hit them in the hands yesterday.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
It looks like the Cincinnati Bengals will be stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton til at least the 2013 National Football League draft (providing the Cincinnati Bengals finish the 2012 National Football League season 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, these records should assure of the number draft pick and the selection of Matt Barkley).

Quarterback Dalton has proved to the fans of the Cincinnati Bengals that average can excite and that mediocre (9-7 and a playoff loss) can promote the unrealistic talk of "elite: and "playoff wins".

My opinion that the Cincinnati Bengals should trade the 2 first round picks in 2012 and the first round pick in 2013 to Indianpolis for Andrew Luck is a strategy loaded with misconceptions. The first round pick is valued at 3000 points and pick 17 and 21 would only add up to about 1500 and the 2013 first round is up in the air, contolled by quarterback Dalton to a greate extent.

Even the trade with the St. Louis Rams for Robert Griffin III would be unrealistic given the value of the second pick (2800 - 2700).

So there is only one option but to fortify the positions that surround quarterback Dalton and hope that mediocre (a position that during the Coach Lewis era is standartd operating procedure) will placate the Bengal fans starved for a playoff win.

Andy will probably be glad when his contract is up. He will move out of the developmental league and move on to a real pro team, like Justin Smith, Jonathon Joseph, Kevin Walter, Ahmad Brooks...... .

Last edited by bengalmike; 11-05-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
With quarterback Dalton now in Week 10 (Game 9) of his career, his record of 12-12 and a playoff loss enters the realm of medocrity.

Unforunately, the Kansas City Chiefs will select AJ McCarron with the firstpick in the 2013 National Football League draft and the Jacksonville Jaguars selecting Matt Barkley, the Cincinnati Bengals would be forced to take the thrid or fourth rated quarterback.

So no improvement would be gainrd by drafting more incomptence, so hence the reappearance of `Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton``. By the end of the 2012 National Football League season, quartreback Andy Dalton will have a record of 14-18 and a playoff loss and the 2013 National Football League season will have a record of 6-10......giving quarterback Dalton a overall record of 20-28 and a playoff loss.

MEDOCRITY AT ITS BEST!
This thread is so stupid that only the jackazz who created it would drag it back out. He's in his second year, with an idiot head coach, a terrible, utterly unimaginative offensive scheme, a shoddy OLine, a miserable running game, a WR2 who has no business on an NFL field and a 1st round TE who only catches about 2/3 of the balls thrown to him. Jesus himself couldn't QB this mess. AD is obviously not perfect, but he is NOT the problem. Anyone who thinks he is is really a low grade moron or blind.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4588

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg707 View Post
I clicked on this thread and when it came up I realized you are on my ignore list, but I chose to view your post anyway. Now I wish I could invent a time machine to go back in time to when I decided to show your post and tell myself not to do it.
It's comforting knowing I'm not the only one that has him on ignore.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
This thread is so stupid that only the jackazz who created it would drag it back out. He's in his second year, with an idiot head coach, a terrible, utterly unimaginative offensive scheme, a shoddy OLine, a miserable running game, a WR2 who has no business on an NFL field and a 1st round TE who only catches about 2/3 of the balls thrown to him. Jesus himself couldn't QB this mess. AD is obviously not perfect, but he is NOT the problem. Anyone who thinks he is is really a low grade moron or blind.

Lucky for Andy that he can run. If he gets out of Bengaldumb before he becomes a casualty (see Carson Palmer, David Klingler et al) , courtesy of Paul Alexander's O-line , he will be even luckier. Then he can get on with his lifes work as a NFL QB.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalmike View Post
Lucky for Andy that he can run. If he gets out of Bengaldumb before he becomes a casualty (see Carson Palmer, David Klingler et al) , courtesy of Paul Alexander's O-line , he will be even luckier. Then he can get on with his lifes work as a NFL QB.
I think he'll be lucky to get out of next week in one piece.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2253

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
He could have three more ints if Denver backs could catch the ball, three hit them in the hands yesterday.
Yes and Peyton Manning could've had 3 more picks if the Bengals defense could catch. Every QB throws balls that hit the defenders in the hands. Dalton is an above average QB who is only in his 2nd year. Draft the top center, a top RB in the draft and Dalton will take off next year. Build around this guy and Green.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19118

Quote:
I think he'll be lucky to get out of next week in one piece.
They'll do nothing against our line next week.

They haven't faced a line as good as ours.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
They'll do nothing against our line next week.

They haven't faced a line as good as ours.
I hope you're right. We haven't faced a DLine as good as theirs.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I hope you're right. We haven't faced a DLine as good as theirs.
Hmm, you may be right.

I'd throw in Miami, and this past Sunday as being as good though.

Giants can't stop the run nearly as well as they can pass rush.

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Hmm, you may be right.

I'd throw in Miami, and this past Sunday as being as good though.

Giants can't stop the run nearly as well as they can pass rush.
But they can probably stop the run better than we can run, so...
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7946

Of course the thread premise is stupid. It comes from the umkubas-bot afterall.

Dalton is a second year QB learning the ins and outs of the pros. He has no real run game and one reliable WR (Green). No usable #2 WR and a TE who has butterfingers and shies away from contact. Add in spotty blocking and it is amazing he has done as well as he has.

Let's just settle down and build around Andy. At this point the parallels in career progress between him and the guy the scouts compared him to coming out of college (Drew Brees) are really evident. Let's not make the mistake San Diego made and let him get away just as the really good stuff starts to happen.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
But they can probably stop the run better than we can run, so...
We'll see about that on Sunday!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-07-2012, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboFett View Post
Dalton does a great job taking care of the ball. He gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately, and is a great leader in the locker room. His rookie season QB rating is 0.1 less than palmers first starting season. Its also comparable to that of most QB's. With no running game, and a pourous defense after leon hall went down, wtf do u expect? I cant tell if ur a troll, or just ignorant
That's exactly what the problem is too. Good to see people stick up for Andy Dalton. Andy Dalton needs more weapons around him, more options than AJ Green and more protection.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
We'll see about that on Sunday!
I would like nothing better than to be wrong.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
With quarterback Dalton now in Week 10 (Game 9) of his career, his record of 12-12 and a playoff loss enters the realm of medocrity.

Unforunately, the Kansas City Chiefs will select AJ McCarron with the firstpick in the 2013 National Football League draft and the Jacksonville Jaguars selecting Matt Barkley, the Cincinnati Bengals would be forced to take the thrid or fourth rated quarterback.

So no improvement would be gainrd by drafting more incomptence, so hence the reappearance of `Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton``. By the end of the 2012 National Football League season, quartreback Andy Dalton will have a record of 14-18 and a playoff loss and the 2013 National Football League season will have a record of 6-10......giving quarterback Dalton a overall record of 20-28 and a playoff loss.

MEDOCRITY AT ITS BEST!

First of all.....

and Secondly....

If you're gonna ***** and moan about Dalton over his record, then you better have a comparison directly linked to Dalton that's equal or better than him and in the only instances that you could compare his record, you still come up short in many ways

Dalton is 12-12 since the beginning of last season is still better than Carson Palmer's 7-10 so the hindsight at QB doesn't work for you there either

the only people comparable to Dalton at this stage of his career are the QB's who were drafted in the same year as him and you wanted to complain abput his record but you've embarrassed yourself there yet again because nobody in his draft class has as many wins, had a winning season or been to the playoffs

Andy Dalton 12-12
Christian Ponder 7-12
Cam Newton 8-16
Blaine Gabbert 5-18
Jake Locker 1-4

your analysis in the present isn't very good and what basis or success have you had to convince anyone that you can predict anything now let alone a future?

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-08-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1115

The comparison with quartrebacks drafted in 2011, in my opinion, is not the comparison that should be made.

The comparison should be made with the draft quarterback class of 2013. These quarterbacks are the future.

AJ McCarron and Matt Barkley have unlimited potential except they will be drafted by poor organizations (Kansas City and Jacksonville). This situation will lower the potential hence wins.

Quarterback Dalton is proving his claim to being nothing more than a back-uo with his record of 12-12 and a playoff loss.

The National Football League is about winning and quarterback Dalton has proved he can not.

The other quarterbacks in the 2013 National Football League draft would be as mediocre or incompetent as quarterback Dalton. So my statement stands..."Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton"
Old 11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1832

How do you ignore a member of the boards is there an actual link to click? I can't find it at all. And who would give this guy rep? Even you self proclaimed realist (considered haters by most) have to realize this guy is a troll.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2910

Quote:
The comparison with quartrebacks drafted in 2011, in my opinion, is not the comparison that should be made.

The comparison should be made with the draft quarterback class of 2013. These quarterbacks are the future.

AJ McCarron and Matt Barkley have unlimited potential except they will be drafted by poor organizations (Kansas City and Jacksonville). This situation will lower the potential hence wins.

Quarterback Dalton is proving his claim to being nothing more than a back-uo with his record of 12-12 and a playoff loss.

The National Football League is about winning and quarterback Dalton has proved he can not.

The other quarterbacks in the 2013 National Football League draft would be as mediocre or incompetent as quarterback Dalton. So my statement stands..."Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton"
Dalton is on pace to break the club record in single season passing yards despite having no reliable #2 WR and no consistent running game. His record, to date, is best amongst those who were drafted in the same class as him.

So, first, you evaluation of his play in ridiculous as many others here have pointed out. Ill add to that and state that It is especially ridiculous when you make a ludicrous claim that McCarron and Barkley, two players that have yet to sniff the NFL, would be better options.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7868

Homeboy is trollin all over yas
Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:

ok just the fact you made reference to AJ McCarron as a top 2 quarterback in the draft shows how little you know of quarterbacking or even the draft when obvious players like Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson will be taken way before McCarron would, McCarron wouldnt even be invited to attend the draft in the Green Room, hell AJ McCarron may never start a game in the NFL

do you even watch college football? Alabama has only had 1 quarterback taken out of the first 3 rounds of the draft since 1976, that was Brodie Croyle, or did you consider him to be the next Joe Montana?

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-08-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581

OP is such a ridiculous troll it is sad to watch.

Barkley who is having a suspect senior season and has honestly been average his entire career and stands only 6'2 230 is a better option than Dalton laughable. Barkley will be a mediocre starter who ends up relegated to a back up job before his rookie contract is up.

ROFL McCarron you mean a guy who has been held up by great RBs and is the definition of a game manager. Not to mention when is the last time an Alabma QB went on to start in the NFL. McCarron is just going to be a clone of McElroy and will probably never see a chance to start.

Now on to Dalton on pace to set a Bengals passing record in his 2nd year with one real target at WR and no running game to hold him up behind a suspect line. Dalton is the future of this franchise.

You obviously know **** about the game of football and are trolling the boards. That or you are just an idiot. Either way since you won't be banned you are going on ignore you bum.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals85 View Post
Yes and Peyton Manning could've had 3 more picks if the Bengals defense could catch. Every QB throws balls that hit the defenders in the hands. Dalton is an above average QB who is only in his 2nd year. Draft the top center, a top RB in the draft and Dalton will take off next year. Build around this guy and Green.
Peyton Manning is not our quarterback, although I wish he was.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9354

What stinks even more is I doubt Dalton will ever have a real running game.