Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Game Day!!

Game Day!! A place to discuss the current games during the games themselves.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5129
Default Re: Think AJ will leave eventually ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
If AJ leaves I will no longer be a fan of this team.
I truly hope we get our guys extended before their contracts are up. I'm actually scared. I can just see Geno Atkins coming on the end of his rookie deal with half the league offering him $60-70 million, and Mike won't match it.

I don't see AJ leaving though honestly. He's not a diva, and Mike will never let him go.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19293

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
If AJ leaves I will no longer be a fan of this team.

I am pretty much with ya. If AJ goes that tells me a couple of things. One is the obvious that the "model-model" is a complete and utter joke, and it is all about saving money. The second thing it would show me is that the team basically just isnt that good at that time, and AJ will want to go somewhere to be on a winner. Between those two things, I would just give up being a fan of this team until MB is dead or signs over the team to someone else.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2278

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Dalton is doing just fine throwing him the ball. He's already one of the top 5 WRs in the league.

And it's pretty sad that you hope he leaves.
It's sad that there is a whole slew of fans including yourself that actually believe that this team ever has a chance at winning it all. There is not a single thing that has happened in the last 20 years that would point to this team having a snowballs chance in hell.

A.J. is something special and everybody knows this. He doesn't go around acting that way as he is a total class act. The second he starts accepting the status quo that is the Cincinnati Bengals is the second that playing football becomes just a job to him.

This team is horrible for a reason. It's starts in the Front Office to each position coach that has a job for no other reason than the loyalty Mike Brown has to them.

The way the team attacks each offseason is unlike any other team. Yes they like to build through the draft but out of the players drafted only so many pan out. Where do they fill in the apparent holes? Free agency. However, it is players that couldn't cut it anywhere else.

The saddest thing is that you and the others who like to puff their chests out about how great of a Bengals fan you are know every single one of these things.

I just wonder if in other aspects of your life you accept failure and mediocrity and bash others who expect more. If so, that is very SAD.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3082

No. By the time his contract is up i see a new coach.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8961

This thread alone proves how bat-tish crazy people on this board have gotten.

Stop watching, stop attending, stop listening, and stop posting. It's that easy.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
This thread alone proves how bat-tish crazy people on this board have gotten.

Stop watching, stop attending, stop listening, and stop posting. It's that easy.
If it is bat-ish crazy to wish something good for a talented class act person such as AJ Green...count me in.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8961

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
If it is bat-ish crazy to wish something good for a talented class act person such as AJ Green...count me in.
Given your previous post, I'm going to assume you're one of the whiners who threatens to jump ship when things are bad and claim to be the greatest fan of all time when things are good.

If only more people would commit to jumping...
Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Given your previous post, I'm going to assume you're one of the whiners who threatens to jump ship when things are bad and claim to be the greatest fan of all time when things are good.

If only more people would commit to jumping...
Haha too funny. If you only knew how wrong you were. I've never threatened to jump ship and I've never claimed to be a better fan then any other person for any team.

I'm realistic. If anything I should take a bunch of heat for my unoriginality as I haven't said anything about the franchise that hasn't been said before.

I find it mildly amusing that in times of hardship there are a few members on this website that feel it necessary to put down other fans simply because they have a different view of things. These members can be found doing it over and over providing no real substance.

I get attacked because I chose to express my view that someone as talented and modest as AJ Green deserves a chance to know the feeling of success and winning it all. I just don't think we will have enough pieces in place with all our glaring needs to do it while AJ Green is with us.

I'd love for AJ to be the one to take us to the big game and win it all but the truth is that it's not going to happen with the current owner and coaching staff philosophies.

But hey you keep assuming there buddy...someday you may just be right.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
When his rookie deal is up you think he will leave ? If we keep up on these roller coaster seasons......I think we can say bye bye to AJ unfortunately, i love the Bengals but its a shame
Everyone leaves eventually

Either they Retire
Get Hurt
Not Resigned
Or stolen for tons of Cash

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-08-2012, 05:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19817

If Mike Brown pays him like he ought to be paid, and gets an extention done before the final year of the deal, Green will stay around.

They need him to stay. Imagine how Dalton would look without him...
Old 11-11-2012, 11:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
When his rookie deal is up you think he will leave ? If we keep up on these roller coaster seasons......I think we can say bye bye to AJ unfortunately, i love the Bengals but its a shame

Gresham will leave before AJ....but yes, AJ will leave too...

Ian
In some cities when times are difficult, fans encourage their athletes with platitudes like go for the Gold or Go for the Goal, here in Cincinnati we are a little skewed...when times get ruff, we go for the Goat
Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Magic 8 ball says YES