Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519
Default Re: Dr1441 1st mock of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
I say moving Burfict at MLB and drafting the best OLB available is the best option. Rey's not gonna catch on with another team looking for help at the MLB position. He had the luxury of playing in between Cushing and Matthews, thats the reason why he looked so good at MLB in USC. Rey had his best success on the outside in run support. Thats the only spot he's gonna earn a paycheck at. Jarvis Jones or CJ Mosley would be a great addition to the OLB position and would make Burficts transition to MLB a little easier.

If we draft Te'o in the 1st, we'd just be reinventing the wheel.
1 - Te'o
2 - RB & SS or DE & SS
3 - DE or RB

WILL: Howard/Lemur
MIKE: Te'o/Maualuga
SAM: Burfict/Muckelroy?/Rookie

This isn't so bad, and I wouldn't consider it reinventing the wheel either.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 345
bengals Re: Dr1441 1st mock of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1441 View Post
I really like Bowe actually. I have a feeling part of his inconsistency is partly due to having Cassel and Quinn as his QB. I think given the right system he could be a real stud. His career is reminding me of Brandon Lloyd, great talent but always stuck on a bad team.
Hey rememeber when you told me Doug Martin was just a big fish in a small pond. Good Call!!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10779

I'd rather have Rey at SAM than post injury Howard...... just sayin'.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
I'd rather have Rey at SAM than post injury Howard...... just sayin'.
What do you mean? Howard plays WILL.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9925

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Hey rememeber when you told me Doug Martin was just a big fish in a small pond. Good Call!!
Are you serious with this? He had two good weeks in his rookie year and you are calling him a star?

The last two weeks was the first time he has broken 100 yards in a game. And not to mention he has one of the best O-Line's in the league.

Come on you can't be serious after two weeks of even breaking 100. He had a big game against a defense that gives up 124 rushing yards per week.

Really?

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!

Last edited by dr1441; 11-06-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2541

Quote:
Are you serious with this? He had two good weeks in his rookie year and you are calling him a star?

The last two weeks was the first time he has broken 100 yards in a game. And not to mention he has one of the best O-Line's in the league.

Come on you can't be serious after two weeks of even breaking 100. He had a big game against a defense that gives up 124 rushing yards per week.

Really?
Seems like a **** move by that guy, hell we all liked and disliked players but I dont really see the point in running around trying to act like an *** because a guy I liked had a few good games. I will say though I dont follow TB but I thought both of there starting OG's were out this week? Even though it was a terrible D it was still an impressive few weeks for Martin.

As for the draft, Im not a fan of the first 2 picks, I think if Marvin is still here next year (and lets be serious, thats really likely) then Burfict will be at MLB, and Ill admit im not a huge fan of Teo. As for C we have Cook till what, 2016? Ill give him atleast a year with competent OG play before I write him off.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1422

wow! so you're happy with our present running game?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
wow! so you're happy with our present running game?
No I am not. If you continue to read through the thread you will see I said I think we go after a big name older RB in the off season. Kind of our thing we do.

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:09 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10779

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
What do you mean? Howard plays WILL.
I'd rather keep Burfict at WILL, put Te'o in the MIKE spot, and re-sign Rey and shift him back to SAM

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 43939

Quote:

I wasn't the biggest Doug Martin fan coming out either; however, I don't think you can attribute his recent performance to the O-line. They are playing without thier 2 best Olinemen.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I wasn't the biggest Doug Martin fan coming out either; however, I don't think you can attribute his recent performance to the O-line. They are playing without thier 2 best Olinemen.
Well they still have a good O-Line and they played two pretty sad run defenses. He did face the 18th and 21st ranked run defense.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Well they still have a good O-Line and they played two pretty sad run defenses. He did face the 18th and 21st ranked run defense.
Hell give the man some credit, you may not be a huge fan but I don't care who hes playing against or who's blocking for him 4 TDs and 251 yards is impressive.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10170

They lose Nicks and he still has a monster game..

Yea thats not talent or anything..
Old 11-08-2012, 02:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Yea I don't get it, I wont hold it against someone if they disliked a player during the draft process and the guy ends up being pretty good, we all get guys wrong, but at some point you gotta acknowledge your wrong and stop acting like the guy has no talent because he wasn't "your" guy.

251 yards and 4 TDs, what a bum.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
Yea I don't get it, I wont hold it against someone if they disliked a player during the draft process and the guy ends up being pretty good, we all get guys wrong, but at some point you gotta acknowledge your wrong and stop acting like the guy has no talent because he wasn't "your" guy.

251 yards and 4 TDs, what a bum.
I'm not saying he didn't have a good game.

You guys are acting like he has done this week in and week out.

He averaged 45 yards per game the first 6 weeks. 65 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just find it funny that after he had 2 games over 100 yards he is now the best pick in the draft. Forget the first 6 weeks, the last 2 have made his career correct?

Old 11-08-2012, 03:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I'm not saying he didn't have a good game.

You guys are acting like he has done this week in and week out.

He averaged 45 yards per game the first 6 weeks. 65 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just find it funny that after he had 2 games over 100 yards he is now the best pick in the draft. Forget the first 6 weeks, the last 2 have made his career correct?
No one has claimed he was the best pick in the draft and the ones claiming he is so great just want to be right about someone in the draft so badly there fooling themselves, most of us are just giving the guy credit for a good game and a great game.

Also while were looking at stats and throwing a bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! around lets take another look.

The first 2 weeks he had a decent game with 95 yards and a bad game with 66 against the giants.

The Next 4 weeks he had under 20 carries a game and still averaged over 4 yards a carry in 3 of them. 2 of those 4 he was averaging over 5.

Then the next 2 weeks he is back over 20 carries and has 2 really good games. So through 8 weeks he has atleast 4 yards a carry in 6 of his 8 games.

Few other stats, 2nd in the league in rushing TDs, 3rd in Yards, 3rd in the league in Yards per attempt from RBs with atleast 100 Attempts.

So yea if you just wanna look at yards and act like he is trash then go ahead, but he has been pretty good all year long.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
No one has claimed he was the best pick in the draft and the ones claiming he is so great just want to be right about someone in the draft so badly there fooling themselves, most of us are just giving the guy credit for a good game and a great game.

Also while were looking at stats and throwing a bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! around lets take another look.

The first 2 weeks he had a decent game with 95 yards and a bad game with 66 against the giants.

The Next 4 weeks he had under 20 carries a game and still averaged over 4 yards a carry in 3 of them. 2 of those 4 he was averaging over 5.

Then the next 2 weeks he is back over 20 carries and has 2 really good games. So through 8 weeks he has atleast 4 yards a carry in 6 of his 8 games.

Few other stats, 2nd in the league in rushing TDs, 3rd in Yards, 3rd in the league in Yards per attempt from RBs with atleast 100 Attempts.

So yea if you just wanna look at yards and act like he is trash then go ahead, but he has been pretty good all year long.
While your throwing out stats and you want to break down his stats, he wouldn't be in the top 10 or top 15 in any of those stats if you take away the last two games.

He had two TD's in the first 6 weeks, averaged 65 yards per game and had a long run of 17 yards the first 4 games.

I will give him credit where credit is due and he had a fantastic last two weeks.

But for people to bring him up after the last two weeks and was so quite on him the first 6, just shows how bad people want to be right about something without going out on a limb but only a few steps before they know it is safe.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4268

Quote:
While your throwing out stats and you want to break down his stats, he wouldn't be in the top 10 or top 15 in any of those stats if you take away the last two games.

He had two TD's in the first 6 weeks, averaged 65 yards per game and had a long run of 17 yards the first 4 games.

I will give him credit where credit is due and he had a fantastic last two weeks.

But for people to bring him up after the last two weeks and was so quite on him the first 6, just shows how bad people want to be right about something without going out on a limb but only a few steps before they know it is safe.
On the flipside, a rookie running back comes in and doesn't run for 100 yards a game (IN A PASSING ERA) and he's not worth a lick? And you know how averages work, right? This isn't the type of statistical analysis where you just throw out the outlier...it's part of it. It's called splash plays, and he's getting them at a devalued position, on a team that is pedestrian at best.

He's not all world halfway into his rookie season, but I just get joy out of seeing someone completely unable to admit he was wrong about a guy--which we all are from time to time. Thing is...you're so adamant about it you set yourself up.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
On the flipside, a rookie running back comes in and doesn't run for 100 yards a game (IN A PASSING ERA) and he's not worth a lick? And you know how averages work, right? This isn't the type of statistical analysis where you just throw out the outlier...it's part of it. It's called splash plays, and he's getting them at a devalued position, on a team that is pedestrian at best.

He's not all world halfway into his rookie season, but I just get joy out of seeing someone completely unable to admit he was wrong about a guy--which we all are from time to time. Thing is...you're so adamant about it you set yourself up.
Quote:

Yea rushing yardage isn't the only thing to look at, he has had atleast a 4.0 avg 6 out 8 games this year. He has run good this year and he hasn't had 100 yards every week in big part because of limited carries.

Add to that he has been pretty good in the receiving game with 245 yards this year and a TD.

Also, can we stop with the "well if you take away this game and that game crap", thats not how it works you take away Ray Rices NE/KC games and he hasnt had a 100 yard game this season, fact is they did it so its gonna be on the stat sheet.

As for dr1441's complaint that people only brought him up after his big games, well for most they really only care about the Bengals as far as the NFL goes on this board, the day Martin didnt end up with the Bengals was the day I stopped following him so with him just having a decent game and wasnt brought up much by the media then Im not paying much attention.

Also im not a big fan on bringing players up and throwing the fact I was right in peoples faces but if your gonna do it then it would be after a good performance or 2 wouldn't it?

Plus you claim everybody is bringing him up now but didn't wanna go out on a limb before, well there were plenty of us who were talking about drafting him all last offseason so I think we went out on a limb for him then.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Really?

never called him a star but doug martin is a good running back in the nfl. your big fish in a small pond comment proved to me ********. quiet down please.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: Dr1441 1st mock of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjones4980 View Post
yea i don't get it, i wont hold it against someone if they disliked a player during the draft process and the guy ends up being pretty good, we all get guys wrong, but at some point you gotta acknowledge your wrong and stop acting like the guy has no talent because he wasn't "your" guy.

251 yards and 4 tds, what a bum.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!