Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1164
Default Re: Who's going to the Giants-Bengals game this Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
I won't go just because crippled people hate the cold, so I'd rather sit in my place in the heat and watch it on NFL Network or normal TV with friends and save myself a lot of money.

I'm not giving up on the season, but this game is big.
Call me if you want two. My treat (since I dumped you out of your chair and all...).
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1164

We are going. Always do. Sigh.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14134

Section 118 as always...

Although 60+ degrees is making consider a round of golf...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsmom View Post
Call me if you want two. My treat (since I dumped you out of your chair and all...).
You sure you want me to call you sounding like Chewbacca? You speak Wookie?

I'll give you a text if I can find anyone to go, but I'd need to have someone call and make sure that I can switch them out for tickets in the crippled section (which I'm sure I'll be able to).

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1594

Dear Quest for 31:

Our fight song is sort of humiliating. It sounds like something out of a bad vaudeville show, vintage about 1928. There is nothing fun about singing it.

But, I'll be there, at the stadium, and will sing it with abandon. We just try to revel in its badness. How's that for maladjustment?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1436

I am going to the game!!..... I am going to yell at Marvin.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 893

I'll be there, first time ever seeing a Bengals game live or even being at PBS. I was sorta hoping we'd be at least 5-3 by this game, so kinda disappointed but I'm still excited!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 953

Got tickets for my birthday back in September. Get to go once a year because of my awesome sister. Hope I'm in a cheering section and not a retirement home section like the past few years!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

If your going to the game, sneak in a sign that says "Fire Marvin"..Your bound to get on tv...The only thing the security guys can do is take the sign away.

I will never go to a game again until that ******* is gone.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

Wait till the game gets ugly to hold up the sign (if it does)....Or if were about to lose hold up the sign and break out the boo birds while saying "LEWIS *****"
Old 11-07-2012, 11:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
If your going to the game, sneak in a sign that says "Fire Marvin"..Your bound to get on tv...The only thing the security guys can do is take the sign away.

Quote:
Wait till the game gets ugly to hold up the sign (if it does)....Or if were about to lose hold up the sign and break out the boo birds while saying "LEWIS *****"
Take your bull**** somewhere else.......... we're all frustrated, but season's not over and we're still in it, so why hate on the team because you're ****** that Marvin's still hear?

Have some dignity.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Take your bull**** somewhere else.......... we're all frustrated, but season's not over and we're still in it, so why hate on the team because you're ****** that Marvin's still hear?

Have some dignity.

I'm not bashing the team at all, if anything im trying to do them a favor by bashing Lewis......but I hope we win.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 54280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Dayton View Post
Section 118 as always...

Although 60+ degrees is making consider a round of golf...
Playing golf Saturday and Sunday because of the weather, though I usually will play if it's in the 40's as long as it's dry and not windy.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:29 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 803

I'm going out of obligation. I have already purchased tickets for the year.

I can't stand the idea of selling my tickets to Giants fans, so, I take one of my kids to the games and enjoy time with them.

BUT, I am REALLY thinking about dropping my tickets for next year.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2824

Quote:

How will the team ever survive knowing this?

And I'll be there. Can't wait! Hoping the team can get it together and pull this out.

Last edited by Who Dey Time; 11-08-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCloud View Post
Dear Quest for 31:

Our fight song is sort of humiliating. It sounds like something out of a bad vaudeville show, vintage about 1928. There is nothing fun about singing it.

But, I'll be there, at the stadium, and will sing it with abandon. We just try to revel in its badness. How's that for maladjustment?
I agree. I have never given it much thought until this last game. There were 2 Colts fans in front of me with their Manning jerseys on and Bronco's fans to my right and they all started laughing when we scored our first touchdown and the song started playing. How embarrassing.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questfor31 View Post
I've been traveling around the NFL for the last seven years attending a game in every stadium in the NFL. It's a feat I call the Quest for 31. I started in 2006 and completed the Quest in 2009, but I just kept on going back to continue to improve my website (www.nflfootballstadiums.com). Anyway, I scored some tickets to the New York Giants at Cincinnati Bengals game next weekend (November 11) and I'm pretty psyched to be back in Cincinnati since the last time I was down there was 2006 (http://www.nflfootballstadiums.com/PaulBrown.htm). Paul Brown Stadium was actually one of the first stadiums I visited on my Quest for 31, so I really didn't get as involved in pregame activities as I do now. You can see the review I wrote back then was pretty ordinary.

Anyway, what I attempt to do for each of my stadium visits is create the ultimate home team experience. I go to the bar districts and most unique sports bars at night, do the touristy things during the day, drink local beer, hit up the best local restaurants to eat the types of food that make each city unique ... Oh and then there's gameday traditions and tailgating.

So I'm writing to find out what there is to see and do in Cincinnati. Where's the best tailgating? What touristy sites does everybody go down there to visit? I know about Skyline Chili, what other foods of local eateries do I need to hit up?

Bengals Culture: Do you guys have a fight song? Are there any gameday traditions that I need to know about? Any accessories that all fans have? I want to come out of Cincinnati with a thorough understanding of what being a Bengals fan is all about, so I can write about it for my site.
Yes,Mike likes to gather the family and count coins before every game. It is shown on the big screen,,,don't miss it!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14134

Quote:
Originally Posted by magishn1 View Post
There were 2 Colts fans in front of me with their Manning jerseys on and Bronco's fans to my right and they all started laughing when we scored our first touchdown and the song started playing. How embarrassing.
The only thing embarrassing about this is that you were embarrassed...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4It View Post
I'll be there Section 315, Row 21.
why...
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Who's going to the Giants-Bengals game this Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Block View Post
why...
You're not funny, as your neg. reps. indicate.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:02 PM

Rep Points: 0

I'm trying to conduct some pregame research. As part of my journey to each stadium, I try to experience each city as a true local would, I attempt to create the ultimate Cincinnati Bengals experience, which I then write about for my website.

I've been digging up some preliminary things, but I still have all types of questions ...

I understand you guys host the 2nd largest Octoberfest in the country and the world's largest chicken dance ... any other German influences I might wanna know about? Great german restaurants or beer gardens, perhaps?

Local foods - So I'm pulling up references to a "mystery meat" that you guys call "goetta". I gotta get some of that. I looked it up online and it looks ... interesting .. like spam. Where's the best place to get some goetta? I'm aware of skyline chili and goldstar chili, are there any other local foods that outsiders would not know about? What exactly is goetta? Oh and mettwurst, where's a good place to get some of that?

Local Beer - Looks like I need to try anything brewed by the Christian Moerlein Brewing Company including some of this Hudepohl. Anything else I should look for?

Bar districts - Where are the best bar districts to go to on gameday weekends? Are
there any in the city that I'm going to want to check out? Are there any special Bengals sports bars that I should be sure to stop in at?

Restaurants - I'm always intrigued by local restaturants. I'm told I need to get some Montgomery Inn ribs at the Boathouse and that you guys have also have a Hofbrauhaus in the city. What other restaurants offer an excellent pre and post game meal?

Bengals Culture - Anything I need to know about being a Bengals fans for the day? Any accessories I need to have? I know about the "Bengal Growl" fight song (i'll be practicing, it can't be THAT bad) and "WhoDey!". What about this Mike couting coins on the Jumbotron... not sure what that is. Anything else I'm missing?

Last Item ... Tourist attractions
What kinds of things to tourists in the city want to go to. I'm familiar with the Cincinnati Zoo, National Underground RR freedom museum, Newport aquarium, Reds HOF, am I missing anything?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by magishn1 View Post
I agree. I have never given it much thought until this last game. There were 2 Colts fans in front of me with their Manning jerseys on and Bronco's fans to my right and they all started laughing when we scored our first touchdown and the song started playing. How embarrassing.
Doesnt embarrass me... I sing the song with pride!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 PM

Rep Points: 0

thanks guys. So for bar districts, I'm hearing I need to hit "The Banks" in the evening. Are there any other bar districts in the downtown area? Is it safe to walk around at night in downtown Cincy?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10238

Hey! The Mynt Martini seems to be kickin'! It's kind of like the bar/clubs in New York City.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.

Last edited by Interceptor; 11-10-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questfor31 View Post
thanks guys. So for bar districts, I'm hearing I need to hit "The Banks" in the evening. Are there any other bar districts in the downtown area? Is it safe to walk around at night in downtown Cincy?
Just as long as you don't venture into Over the Rhine at night. Anywhere else in downtown you should be OK.