Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20476
Default Re: Bleacher Report hits the nail on the head about Lewis...Keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
No, i'm saying we have a good team and the problem is our coach..Are you saying Marvin Lewis is the man?

We make the playoffs last year, & add more talent this year, but then we lay an egg..???

Pretty sure we didn't add much if any more talent to this team from last year. Certainly not at RB and WR and rest of offense, though Wharton did get hurt right off bat. Zeitler was the only real upgrade on offense, but wasnt nearly enough. Defense, yeah not really more talent as well, unless Newman was the added talent, or Crocker re-added. Anyways yeah not a fan of the coaching staff this season on offense and of Marv as well.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Last edited by Millz; 11-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2897

It's not just Marvin you have some coaches that have been here for 20+ years. A. Hawkins made a good point that when you don't fear your job whats your motivation.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19887

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
It's not just Marvin you have some coaches that have been here for 20+ years. A. Hawkins made a good point that when you don't fear your job whats your motivation.
Right on D's !

That's the core problem here, no accountability.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Pretty sure we didn't add much if any more talent to this team from last year. Certainly not at RB and WR and rest of offense, though Wharton did get hurt right off bat. Defense, yeah not really more talent as well, unless Newman was the added talent, or Crocker re-added. Anyways yeah not a fan of the coaching staff this season on offense and of Marv as well.

Benson ******, Jerome was inconsistent, We had Clements as our number #2 but added more vets, Burfict at LB, Thompson & Still at DT. We have more talent than last year.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Fear and accountability are great motivators.

The Bengals coaches have neither.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5275

Quote:
No, i'm saying we have a good team and the problem is our coach..Are you saying Marvin Lewis is the man?

We make the playoffs last year, & add more talent this year, but then we lay an egg..???
Marvin is not a good coach but he is the least of the problems, I just don't see the talent being there, they failed to address the RB position in the offseason they don't have a #2 WR, their best safety was just signed off the waiver wire 3 weeks ago and they don't have a LBer on the roster that could start for any other team.

The team is crippled by an incompetent front office
Old 11-07-2012, 11:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9353

Marvin just isnt a good coach.. Its simple.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Marvin is not a good coach but he is the least of the problems, I just don't see the talent being there, they failed to address the RB position in the offseason they don't have a #2 WR, their best safety was just signed off the waiver wire 3 weeks ago and they don't have a LBer on the roster that could start for any other team.

The team is crippled by an incompetent front office
Go look at most other teams rosters, they're not full of all stars either. Look at the team PIT brought out when they beat us. I will agree that the RB position is a big concern.

Coaching and I mean the whole staff/ incompetent front office who hired and is keeping them around.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 20

Only one way to get Mike brown's attention - Stay Home!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8834

I finally jumped in the 'Fire Marvin' bandwagon.

We need to do something else with someone else.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 706

Quote:
Benson ******, Jerome was inconsistent, We had Clements as our number #2 but added more vets, Burfict at LB, Thompson & Still at DT. We have more talent than last year.
Benson or BJGE the line in front of them *****.Jeromes 700 yards last year will be more then anyone not named AJ this year.CB are same as last year since we have not seen Kirkpatrick yet.We got Burfict but lost Howard our leading tackler from last year.We lost 2 vets in place of 2 rookies I do not see the Rookies stats matching the vets stats from last year......Everyone expected big things from this team this year Marvin with the DNO t shirts in preseason.The fans thinking we would be back into the playoffs with Dalton and Green.We had holes last year to fill SS RB-OLINE {running game} #2 WR ...There was not a lot of SS to draft.We tried to fix the line but Wharton got hurt so did the center and Whit is going downhill fast.We was trying to build a line we could run behind so we are not protecting Andy as well this year in the passing game the interior line is being pushed into his face or the tackles are giving up pressure.We cut Shipley loose to keep Whalen on the team give up a guy that had 50 catches up for a guy that had 5 catches and will have about 5 catches this year.We have 7 WR on the team we could of carried an injured Shipley unless his injury is career ending.The point is we had 3 glaring holes or problems last year and we failed to fix any of them.If the season ended today how many holes problems do we have to fix for next year?Too many we need to find out how these young guys can help us in the future.

Last edited by BengalsBong; 11-08-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:26 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 814

Quote:
Benson is 5 times better than Green-Elis is turning out to be LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Fear and accountability are great motivators.

The Bengals coaches have neither.
The last time Marvin tried to hold a player accountable Mike Brown over ruled him and brought back Chris Henry.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

I have hated Marvin "Giggles the Clown" Lewis since 08!

But to be honest, I am not surprised one bit about how this team is playing. History has shown us multiple times that THE BENGALS CANNOT HAVE WINNING SEASONS IN BACK TO BACK YEARS! Not possible. Not surprised. Marvin Lewis and his coaching staff do not know how to take the next step and push this team to another level. Marvin and ******* Brown are content with an early exit in the playoffs every 4 years.

Give me one other team that would have given a below .500 coach a two year extension. A 10 year head coach stint, are you f***ing kidding me. I could see a 10 year coach, but maybe someone like Bellicheck, who actually produces championships.

Anyone on this board who thinks Marvin Lewis can turn this team into a Super Bowl caliber team, needs to get me a baggie of the fresh new weed being passed around in Washington and Colorado, becuase it must be amazing (kidding by the way. I do not condone the selling, distributing or consumption of any type of drug)!

I want a coach that gets in faces, who is someone you dont want to **** off. Gives you that stare on the bench when something goes wrong that makes you want to **** your pants. But, and there is always a "but" with this team, we will not get a successful coach with our front office. Jerry Jones is getting lit up on ESPN this last week about how he runs everything, well, I got news for you Dallas, you got it good compared to what we have!

I pray the news media lights a fire on Marvins *** becuase his name should be at the top of the Hot Seat list. This team needs a face lift at the coaching positions!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1032
Default Re: Marvin Lewis you and your staff are a joke

Mike loves to hear that Marvin is on the hot seat. It takes the attention away from him.

If you seriously think the problem is Marvin Lewis, the former NFL coach of the year, then you haven't been paying attention. And you know NOTHING about footall, about coaching or about Mike Brown.

Marvin could leave TODAY and the Bengals are NOT any better off. This year, next year or the year after that.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLucieBengal View Post
I also like the Hayes brothers. I know most do not but i think they are quality position coaches which have developed their positions.
You got to be kidding, you left out the ,
Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
Mike loves to hear that Marvin is on the hot seat. It takes the attention away from him.

If you seriously think the problem is Marvin Lewis, the former NFL coach of the year, then you haven't been paying attention. And you know NOTHING about footall, about coaching or about Mike Brown.

Marvin could leave TODAY and the Bengals are NOT any better off. This year, next year or the year after that.
seriously?
Old 11-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

there is a lot fustration with the bengals and we are not half way through the season.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 974

The possibility that Coach Lewis and his staff are a "joke" are modified by the playoff years of 2005, 2009 and 2011. Were the head coach and coaching staff a "joke" during these seasons of playoff appearances.

As the National Football League is a quarterback driven league the emphasis must be on the position of quarterback. Quarterback Dalton is providing more and more evidence (12-12 and a playoff loss) that his play indicates a position of no more than a back up role in a National Football League franchise.

Coach Lewis can only provide the framework of a frnachise that seeks the outcome of wiining in the National Football League. Quarterback Dalton, first and foremost, must be the player than executes under this framework and, very sadly, this has not been happening.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 39188

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
The possibility that Coach Lewis and his staff are a "joke" are modified by the playoff years of 2005, 2009 and 2011. Were the head coach and coaching staff a "joke" during these seasons of playoff appearances.

As the National Football League is a quarterback driven league the emphasis must be on the position of quarterback. Quarterback Dalton is providing more and more evidence (12-12 and a playoff loss) that his play indicates a position of no more than a back up role in a National Football League franchise.

Coach Lewis can only provide the framework of a frnachise that seeks the outcome of wiining in the National Football League. Quarterback Dalton, first and foremost, must be the player than executes under this framework and, very sadly, this has not been happening.
Marvin Lewis and his staff accidentally tripped and fell backward into the playoffs.

I don't see how anyone can still defend Marvin Lewis. The guy has a losing record complete with a TIE on the end of it. A tie which he's probably proud of.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
Marvin Lewis and his staff accidentally tripped and fell backward into the playoffs.

I don't see how anyone can still defend Marvin Lewis. The guy has a losing record complete with a TIE on the end of it. A tie which he's probably proud of.
SO I'll ask, Who in their right mind, who could qualify as being a good coach, would come here and work for Mike Brown?

You don't have a shot in hell of getting anyone experienced and knowledgable to come here and coach.

After twenty some odd years---if you think the problem is Marvin Lewis---you're completely nuts..
I'm not a Marvin Lewis fan. But Ive seen HALL OF FAMER coaches lose here. And lose bigtime.

One of the best and brightest coaches that ever lived went 12–33. in three seasons as head coach. LeBeau finished with a 2-14 season.

2-14 ?

Marvin Lewis may be far from perfect but he's the best you will ever see so long as Mike Brown runs the club.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2226

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Revisionist history, my friend. Don't forget who was waiting if we had beaten the Steelers--Peyton Manning. Please provide one piece of realistic evidence to say the Bengals would have beaten the Colts.

Zimmer--defensive genius? Sorry. Don't buy it. A defensive genius would have manufactured a pass rush yesterday. Zimmer is nad-less. He's really beginning to **** me off as much as Marvin. Why does Zimmer's defense disappear in crunch time? One stop in the 4th quarter yesterday and we'd have had a real shot at a win. Sorry, can't buy the genius tag on No Balls.

Marvin lifted us from all out horrible to mediocre. Maybe you're satisfied with middle of the road. I'm not.
Manning has been sacked a total of 10 times this year, everyone struggles to get home verses Peyton. They were able to generate some pressure, but Manning is the best in the business at getting the ball out fast. The only way to get sacks against Manning is coverage sacks, and we all know that the Bengals secondary cannot cover well enough to make that happen.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post

While that is true...how good would that team have been had they spent some of the nearly $30 million in cap space?

For instance, if they retained Joseph on the franchise tag and signed a Guard that was an upgrade to Livings?

It's easy to criticize the results, but the circumstances play a role.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
While that is true...how good would that team have been had they spent some of the nearly $30 million in cap space?

For instance, if they retained Joseph on the franchise tag and signed a Guard that was an upgrade to Livings?

It's easy to criticize the results, but the circumstances play a role.
Pistons, using your crystal ball, please tell us how good the Bengals would have been if the Bengals would have spend some of the nearly $30 million in cap space.

Please be sure to factor out $15 million of Carson Palmer's "hostage" salary.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20770
Default 'You just have to go'

If the title of the article on the front page was about Marvin, I'd have to agree.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...3-15422ce56cf5

Let me get this straight. You go up against Peyton Manning and what you worry about is stopping the run? Am I missing something? If that's not all the evidence required to know how clueless Marvin is, I don't know what is. Marvin--'You just have to go'. What a clown. I'd fire his *** over that alone.

Marvin, George Costanza thinks you need to adopt his "Opposite" philosophy on your way out of town. Maybe it'll serve you well in your next job. What a farging icehole. I'll never have one ounce of hope for this organization until that boob is outa here.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31598
Default Re: 'You just have to go'

Well, the Broncos do have a good run game and they actually run more than they pass (from what I've heard). That said, Manning is a HOF QB. Why focus on one aspect when the Broncos can run AND pass? Surely they didn't think that stopping the run and forcing Manning to pass would expose some weakness.

Sig by CinWillWin