Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 950
Default Re: Whitworth telling it how it is.

Wow!
Its official,,,,, a total dysfunctional collapse.

I can't see them winning another game.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
WHIT WANTS SIMPLE WIN: A four-game losing skein wears on you. After being challenged last week by head coach Marvin Lewis to take more control of the team, quarterback Andy Dalton admitted Wednesday he's never lost four straight games in anything. Not even three straight, even. Not even in junior high school basketball when he was in eighth grade.
Left tackle Andrew Whitworth think it's time to just win a game instead of place a blame.
"Guys have to put away things. Stop looking for someone to blame, whose fault is this or that and start worrying about winning football games," Whitworth said. "It seems like every week we're trying to say this person needs to do this or that person needs to do that. What we need to happen is we need to go win a football game. I hear Marvin (Lewis) and Jay (Gruden) and all these people try to point to people needing to go do things and we just need to win a game.
"Win a game and stop worrying about who we're trying to say needs to do something, and start worrying about the team going out and putting out a complete game together. If we're going to score, go score a touchdown. Defensively make the stop and offensively put the game away in a four-minute (drill) and it will be a won game and we don't have to worry about whose fault it wasn't."

I like this and he is absolutly correct. It's hard to tell you're bosses how it is but Whit stood up, good for him and the team.
rock on Whit!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 542

wierd...is he really calling out Marvin?? I don't see it. I see it as everybody needs to shut the EFF up and frickin play the game. I see where Whit is coming from but he's just another person that messed up here and there too. How can you be outcoached if your players can't even play right. These penalties are ridiculous. Yeah Marv and Jay have some stupid moments too but it's not their fault the players don't play like they're supposed to.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralvarado View Post
Whitworth's game has significantly dropped this year. The dude has allowed more sacks than years past. We are totally unable to run off the left side. Most of the time its because the right DE has pushed Whitworth into our backfield and BJGE has to alter his angle of attack.

Whitworth needs to shut up and just beat the guy in front of him on EVERY play. Holding calls and sloppy work doesn't help this team. Let's not forget that he is getting paid $10 million dollars this year. TEN MILLION

His performance this year does not deserve TEN MILLION.
I agree

Last edited by FootballBender; 11-08-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 38821

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFather07 View Post
Andy"s never lost four in a row in anything and the simple truth of the matter is Andy has never been a Bengal before.

Andy"s in store for alot of "never happened before" comments.....

I'm surprised Andy hasn't mentioned that it "never happened before" when it comes to throwing an interceptions in 8 consecutive games?
Welcome to Cincinnati, Dalton. How long before he has that blank stare on his face that we're so used to? There's a word for it.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17838

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsBong View Post
He was a guard long before he was a tackle in the NFL so you shut up.
He was a tackle his entire life so get informed, bonehead.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30379

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballBender View Post
wierd...is he really calling out Marvin?? I don't see it. I see it as everybody needs to shut the EFF up and frickin play the game. I see where Whit is coming from but he's just another person that messed up here and there too. How can you be outcoached if your players can't even play right. These penalties are ridiculous. Yeah Marv and Jay have some stupid moments too but it's not their fault the players don't play like they're supposed to.
Coaches are supposed to instill the discipline so that players aren't have multiple penalties on critical drives. Have you ever paid attention to Tom Coughlin? He would go ape **** over that kind of stuff.

As for the comments Whit made, lets see it for what it is. A sign of dysfunction. In all the years Whit has been here, I've never heard him call out coaches, and I'm sure he's been frustrated before, so why is he venting on coaches now?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7409

Quote:
WHIT WANTS SIMPLE WIN: A four-game losing skein wears on you. After being challenged last week by head coach Marvin Lewis to take more control of the team, quarterback Andy Dalton admitted Wednesday he's never lost four straight games in anything. Not even three straight, even. Not even in junior high school basketball when he was in eighth grade.
Left tackle Andrew Whitworth think it's time to just win a game instead of place a blame.
"Guys have to put away things. Stop looking for someone to blame, whose fault is this or that and start worrying about winning football games," Whitworth said. "It seems like every week we're trying to say this person needs to do this or that person needs to do that. What we need to happen is we need to go win a football game. I hear Marvin (Lewis) and Jay (Gruden) and all these people try to point to people needing to go do things and we just need to win a game.
"Win a game and stop worrying about who we're trying to say needs to do something, and start worrying about the team going out and putting out a complete game together. If we're going to score, go score a touchdown. Defensively make the stop and offensively put the game away in a four-minute (drill) and it will be a won game and we don't have to worry about whose fault it wasn't."

I like this and he is absolutly correct. It's hard to tell you're bosses how it is but Whit stood up, good for him and the team.
I like Whitworth.....Ochos last year here, team was getting lined up to snap the ball, but Ocho was not and Ocho was still complaining to Carson about last play.....Whitworth walked over and told Ocho to shut up and line up, and Ocho did.....Whitworth is a take charge giant of a man, and at times makes it clear he is sick of the nonsense, lets line-up, play ball and win....I like Whitworth.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24734

Quote:
He was a guard long before he was a tackle in the NFL so you shut up.
What the hell are you talking about
Old 11-08-2012, 03:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23535
Default Did Marvin just call Whitworth an a-hole?

In the front page article chronicling Whitworth's comments on Marvin and Jay's approach to the losing streak, Hobson described Marvin's reaction in the following terms:

Quote:
Lewis says the Bengals don't need him to be a psychologist right now. Or anything else.

"No proctologist here," he said with a laugh on Tuesday. "Or orthodontist. I’m keeping all my doctors hats in reserve.

Really?

Is he implying that he might need to be both a proctologist and an orthodontist in order to treat an A-hole who runs his mouth?

It may just be Marvin's stupid way of dismissing Hobson's suggestion that he might need to be a psychologist to help motivate this team out of its losing streak, but he picked a couple of interesting medical specialties to use in his reply.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12668
Default Re: Did Marvin just call Whitworth an a-hole?

Dude, Marvin needs a proctologist to get his head removed from his arse.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34081

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
that could help
Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Did Marvin just call Whitworth an a-hole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post

You know it BPK.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

bengals Re: Whitworth telling it how it is.

Quote:

Promote Zimmer to HC.

Marv has lost the team.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7409

What Whitworth said was good....If Marvin is putting down Whitworth.....It adds to his somewhat stupid comments on wanting Dalton and Rey to be Jerks....and Marvin letting a 3-1 team slip to 3-5.....and adds to my feeling that although I have been for Marvin all along, this may be his worst year of coaching here.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Promote Zimmer to HC.

Marv has lost the team.
What exactly has Zimmer done to deserve HC status?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

bengals Re: Whitworth telling it how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
What exactly has Zimmer done to deserve HC status?

Nothing, but he might atleast be able to fire up the team or maybe give players snaps who deserve them.

This is not as much as Zimmer praise as Marv being unable to coach.

To me it looks like Marv has lost the teams respect and i don't blame them. Need a change, maybe we could go on a run if we did.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
He was a tackle his entire life so get informed, bonehead.
I was talking about Whit I did not see he was talking about Smith my fault you are still a bonehead tho lol
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51236

Quote:
I was talking about Whit I did not see he was talking about Smith my fault you are still a bonehead tho lol
So you're saying Whit played guard long before we made him a tackle?

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-220
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

Whitworth gets his free pass from the sheeple fans just like every other year.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Whitworth gets his free pass from the sheeple fans just like every other year.
Yeah all those sites that consistently list him as a top LT are stupid sheeple too huh?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member

You are a blind man if you did not see him getting owned in the last game on one drive alone he had 3 bad plays.Then he all of a sudden calls his coaches out after never doing this before.You might not be able to read between the lines and see his days here are numbered but I can.If his play does not improve a lot by the end of the year then he is on his way out along with his rank and Team leadership....What kind of team leader calls out his coach...I know you guys will twist it to make him look good but there is always another side to the coin.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
I know you guys will twist it to make him look good but there is always another side to the coin.
There sure isn't another side to yours. I'd probably stop talking to save face if I were you.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member

Let us just be glad you are not me and call it good.I have a different opinion then you so I should retract my statement and hide my face.lol
Old 11-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
.I have a different opinion then you so I should retract my statement and hide my face.lol
Essentially, yeah.