Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:41 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 699
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Stadium funding has nothing to do with this discussion.
Yes, it does.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6268

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
Yes, it does.
In what way?
Old 10-17-2012, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 699

Quote:
In what way?
Tax Payers were upset when they found out the truth about the lease, but they still supported Mike Brown because they believed he meant what he said in that he would build a competitive team. Definition of competitive...

Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.

Has he done this definition? Nope and this is why many fans are not supporting him anymore. You want the fans to continue to support, but Mike Brown does not hold up his end of the bargain so then why should the fans continue to support? It really is this simple.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6268

Quote:
Tax Payers were upset when they found out the truth about the lease, but they still supported Mike Brown because they believed he meant what he said in that he would build a competitive team. Definition of competitive...

Has he done this definition? Nope and this is why many fans are not supporting him anymore. You want the fans to continue to support, but Mike Brown does not hold up his end of the bargain so then why should the fans continue to support? It really is this simple.
This topic (and your post) have little to nothing to do with the lease. Fans are upset that the Bengals have been sub-par. This is irrespective/irrelevant to the stadium deal.

As relative to our peers, the Bengals have been to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. 22 other teams have not.

Yes, the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in forever. But, at least they are getting to the dance more frequently than 22 other NFL teams.

Historically (1992 - 2004), the Bengals haven't been competitive. But since, 2005, the Bengals have been competitive.

And how did the Bengal fans support the Bengals when they fielded a playoff team in 2011? With the worst attendance in the NFL.

Last edited by mulligan; 10-17-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 11683

Quote:

Don't be a hypocrit then, make sure you never watach another NFL game. If you do, you have supported Mike Brown.

The team is not Mike Brown. But of course, you couldn;t know that because you don't wacth them play.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 11683

Quote:
This topic (and your post) have little to nothing to do with the lease. Fans are upset that the Bengals have been sub-par. This is irrespective/irrelevant to the stadium deal.

As relative to our peers, the Bengals have been to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. 22 other teams have not.

Yes, the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in forever. But, at least they are getting to the dance more frequently than 22 other NFL teams.

Historically (1992 - 2004), the Bengals haven't been competitive. But since, 2005, the Bengals have been competitive.

And how did the Bengal fans support the Bengals when they fielded a playoff team in 2011? With the worst attendance in the NFL.
The bashing of Mike Brown is a convenient excuse to use when a fan quits being loyal. Bottom line, I don't care about these fans. I care about the players and the true fans of the team. the others can remove themselves permanently as far as I am concerned. They have no idea how loyal fans like the Browns are and have been. We are a horrible fan base compared to them.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14192

Bumped.

Told ya we'd see blackouts.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Bumped.

Based on the premise of your OP your latest post is still premature until we find out what the attendance is Sunday. If it is <85% filled your point is worthless. If >85% then you only still have a small point.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14192

Bumped.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
Based on the premise of your OP your latest post is still premature until we find out what the attendance is Sunday. If it is <85% filled your point is worthless. If >85% then you only still have a small point.
Exactly. The buccaneers have had three blackouts with the 85% rule. Last years bengal average attendance was in the 70% range. So if we see that, it's a moot point.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Who is going to watch Peyton Manning? Or the Cowboys? Or Carson come back in town? Or the SB winning Giants? Or watch a divisional rival Baltimore Ravens?

If you hadn't noticed, Cincinnati fans don't really pay attention to the quality of the football team on the field.

Last year, the Bengals had a playoff team, yet Bengal had the worst attendence in the NFL.
So what was that about the giants game getting sold out? And there's a rrason this team had such low attendance last year despite the winning record. Fans were ticked off at mike brown for the way he runs the franchise and decided to make a point, and honestly I was happy to see the empty stadium because that's what he deserves for the poor product he puts out there. You can try to say I'm not a real fan because I'm not supporting the team, but I still watch every game on sunday ticket regardless of our record, I just don't want ol mikey boy to benefit from it because he *****.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
So what was that about the giants game getting sold out? And there's a rrason this team had such low attendance last year despite the winning record. Fans were ticked off at mike brown for the way he runs the franchise and decided to make a point, and honestly I was happy to see the empty stadium because that's what he deserves for the poor product he puts out there. You can try to say I'm not a real fan because I'm not supporting the team, but I still watch every game on sunday ticket regardless of our record, I just don't want ol mikey boy to benefit from it because he *****.

You watching on the Ticket benefits MB immensly. Way to stick it to him.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
You watching on the Ticket benefits MB immensly. Way to stick it to him.
How? It benefits the entire NFL, but not him personally.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
The bashing of Mike Brown is a convenient excuse to use when a fan quits being loyal. Bottom line, I don't care about these fans. I care about the players and the true fans of the team. the others can remove themselves permanently as far as I am concerned. They have no idea how loyal fans like the Browns are and have been. We are a horrible fan base compared to them.
You and mulligan are the only "true fans" apparently. Have fun at the game guys. The rest of us (at least 95% of the fanbase) will continue to see Mike Brown for what he is.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
How? It benefits the entire NFL, but not him personally.

DirecTV spends about $1 Billion (with a B ) per season for Sunday Ticket exclusivety. The NFL keeps a chunk of that (10% is a conservative estimate) and the rest is split evenly amongst the teams. So, using my conservative numbers, each team pockets roughly $28 million annually because of their relationship with DirecTV.

Mike Brown and the other 31 owners thank you for your support!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
DirecTV spends about $1 Billion (with a B ) per season for Sunday Ticket exclusivety. The NFL keeps a chunk of that (10% is a conservative estimate) and the rest is split evenly amongst the teams. So, using my conservative numbers, each team pockets roughly $28 million annually because of their relationship with DirecTV.

Mike Brown and the other 31 owners thank you for your support!
I don't mind supporting the NFL as a whole. I play fantasy football and enjoy watching a lot of games. And as a bonus I also always get to watch the bengals play. But ol mikey can see the empty seat i would have been sitting in and realize I'm not happy which is why I'm not there. Because I'm not gonna drive 4 hours each way every sunday, spend a bunch of money, and waste my time to go to the game if he's not even gonna try and put a winning product on the field.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I don't mind supporting the NFL as a whole. I play fantasy football and enjoy watching a lot of games. And as a bonus I also always get to watch the bengals play. But ol mikey can see the empty seat i would have been sitting in and realize I'm not happy which is why I'm not there. Because I'm not gonna drive 4 hours each way every sunday, spend a bunch of money, and waste my time to go to the game if he's not even gonna try and put a winning product on the field.

I could care less how, why, you support anything NFL or Bengals related. I'm only conveying to you that you are sadly mistaken if you think that subscribing to Sunday Ticket doesn't benefit the Bengals.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 922

Quote:
Don't be a hypocrit then, make sure you never watach another NFL game. If you do, you have supported Mike Brown.

The team is not Mike Brown. But of course, you couldn;t know that because you don't wacth them play.
If you believe some posters on this board--Mike Brown gets paid everytime you take a breath.

Everytime you turn on the TV---acoording to these goofballs--mike brown gets a check.

Everytime we drink a beer mike brown gets paid.
Everytime you eat a chicken wing---pay Mike.

Would you knuckleheads knock that sillyness off.

Do you know how stupid you sound?

This is whats left of their argument.
Its so down right stupid I laugh everytime I read it.
(well dont read about it---mike gets royalties)

Hey--who-dey-time
I picked up an empty can today outside of PBS and put it in the trash--did I benefit the Bengals?
Did Mike get a check?

Last edited by tmangoud; 11-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
If you believe some posters on this board--Mike Brown gets paid everytime you take a breath.

Everytime you turn on the TV---acoording to these goofballs--mike brown gets a check.

Everytime we drink a beer mike brown gets paid.
Everytime you eat a chicken wing---pay Mike.

Would you knuckleheads knock that sillyness off.

Do you know how stupid you sound?
The only stupid one is you because you fail to realize how the NFL economics work. Your mission to stick it to Mike Brown is cloaked full of inaccurate, illogical thoughts that are nothing more than the works of a troll. The above post does nothing to change that perception.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
The only stupid one is you because you fail to realize how the NFL economics work. Your mission to stick it to Mike Brown is cloaked full of inaccurate, illogical thoughts that are nothing more than the works of a troll. The above post does nothing to change that perception.
Actually there is a difference between what mike brown gets from shared revenue and what he gets from ticket sales. Yes he gets the same amount of money from the tv contracts that every other team gets but the money from ticket sales is his own. So by not going to the games he loses some money. There is nothing we can do about the shared revenue because it is set in place to ensure that every team has a chance to field a competitive team, but there are some things, suvh as ticket sales, that are not shared. Maybe it's you that doesn't understand how the nfl works there sunshine.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1073

Quote:
If they were so loyal wouldn't they remain fans of the same team no matter where they moved to? Shouldn't they be baltimore fans now?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 34471

Quote:
I stick it to Mikey; I buy bootleg jerseys.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Actually there is a difference between what mike brown gets from shared revenue and what he gets from ticket sales. Yes he gets the same amount of money from the tv contracts that every other team gets but the money from ticket sales is his own. So by not going to the games he loses some money. There is nothing we can do about the shared revenue because it is set in place to ensure that every team has a chance to field a competitive team, but there are some things, suvh as ticket sales, that are not shared. Maybe it's you that doesn't understand how the nfl works there sunshine.

Once again inaccurate. General admission seating is shared.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4712

Quote:
Once again, everyone wants to oversimplify the argument.

Yes, historically (over 20 years), the Bengals have been a poor team.

But, in the last 10 years, they have improved a lot.
And in the last 5 years, they have been very, very competitive.
Competitive is a term you do not want to hear your team being referred as

I have never heard anyone describe a good team as competitive, its always the also rans
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 101

Quote:
The Browns are CERTAINLY not a more loyal fan base. They are a poor example of loyal fans.

Green Bay has the definition of loyal fans. That place shuts down for football. My buddy from Wisconsin took me to a game at Lambo and all I could say was WOW. It's part of their culture.

Cleveland did, however, receive credit for trashing their own stadium more than once. What loyal fans!