Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #276  
Old 10-17-2012, 05:41 PM
TigerJ@w's Avatar
TigerJ@w TigerJ@w is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,054
Rep Points: 699
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Stadium funding has nothing to do with this discussion.
Yes, it does.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 PM
mulligan mulligan is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 10,478
Rep Points: 6268
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
Yes, it does.
In what way?
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:07 PM
TigerJ@w's Avatar
TigerJ@w TigerJ@w is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,054
Rep Points: 699
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
In what way?
Tax Payers were upset when they found out the truth about the lease, but they still supported Mike Brown because they believed he meant what he said in that he would build a competitive team. Definition of competitive...

Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.

Has he done this definition? Nope and this is why many fans are not supporting him anymore. You want the fans to continue to support, but Mike Brown does not hold up his end of the bargain so then why should the fans continue to support? It really is this simple.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 PM
mulligan mulligan is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 10,478
Rep Points: 6268
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
Tax Payers were upset when they found out the truth about the lease, but they still supported Mike Brown because they believed he meant what he said in that he would build a competitive team. Definition of competitive...

Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.

Has he done this definition? Nope and this is why many fans are not supporting him anymore. You want the fans to continue to support, but Mike Brown does not hold up his end of the bargain so then why should the fans continue to support? It really is this simple.
This topic (and your post) have little to nothing to do with the lease. Fans are upset that the Bengals have been sub-par. This is irrespective/irrelevant to the stadium deal.

As relative to our peers, the Bengals have been to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. 22 other teams have not.

Yes, the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in forever. But, at least they are getting to the dance more frequently than 22 other NFL teams.

Historically (1992 - 2004), the Bengals haven't been competitive. But since, 2005, the Bengals have been competitive.

And how did the Bengal fans support the Bengals when they fielded a playoff team in 2011? With the worst attendance in the NFL.

Last edited by mulligan; 10-17-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,797
Rep Points: 11683
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
Tax Payers were upset when they found out the truth about the lease, but they still supported Mike Brown because they believed he meant what he said in that he would build a competitive team. Definition of competitive...

Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.

Has he done this definition? Nope and this is why many fans are not supporting him anymore. You want the fans to continue to support, but Mike Brown does not hold up his end of the bargain so then why should the fans continue to support? It really is this simple.
Don't be a hypocrit then, make sure you never watach another NFL game. If you do, you have supported Mike Brown.

The team is not Mike Brown. But of course, you couldn;t know that because you don't wacth them play.
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,797
Rep Points: 11683
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
This topic (and your post) have little to nothing to do with the lease. Fans are upset that the Bengals have been sub-par. This is irrespective/irrelevant to the stadium deal.

As relative to our peers, the Bengals have been to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. 22 other teams have not.

Yes, the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in forever. But, at least they are getting to the dance more frequently than 22 other NFL teams.

Historically (1992 - 2004), the Bengals haven't been competitive. But since, 2005, the Bengals have been competitive.

And how did the Bengal fans support the Bengals when they fielded a playoff team in 2011? With the worst attendance in the NFL.
The bashing of Mike Brown is a convenient excuse to use when a fan quits being loyal. Bottom line, I don't care about these fans. I care about the players and the true fans of the team. the others can remove themselves permanently as far as I am concerned. They have no idea how loyal fans like the Browns are and have been. We are a horrible fan base compared to them.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Toast Jones's Avatar
Toast Jones Toast Jones is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 6,009
Rep Points: 14192
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Bumped.

Told ya we'd see blackouts.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Who Dey Time Who Dey Time is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,690
Rep Points: 2574
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Bumped.

Told ya we'd see blackouts.
Based on the premise of your OP your latest post is still premature until we find out what the attendance is Sunday. If it is <85% filled your point is worthless. If >85% then you only still have a small point.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Toast Jones's Avatar
Toast Jones Toast Jones is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 6,009
Rep Points: 14192
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Bumped.

Told ya we'd see blackouts.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
The Great Sanu's Avatar
The Great Sanu The Great Sanu is online now
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Villa Hills, KY
Posts: 496
Rep Points: 934
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
Based on the premise of your OP your latest post is still premature until we find out what the attendance is Sunday. If it is <85% filled your point is worthless. If >85% then you only still have a small point.
Exactly. The buccaneers have had three blackouts with the 85% rule. Last years bengal average attendance was in the 70% range. So if we see that, it's a moot point.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Who is going to watch Peyton Manning? Or the Cowboys? Or Carson come back in town? Or the SB winning Giants? Or watch a divisional rival Baltimore Ravens?

If you hadn't noticed, Cincinnati fans don't really pay attention to the quality of the football team on the field.

Last year, the Bengals had a playoff team, yet Bengal had the worst attendence in the NFL.
So what was that about the giants game getting sold out? And there's a rrason this team had such low attendance last year despite the winning record. Fans were ticked off at mike brown for the way he runs the franchise and decided to make a point, and honestly I was happy to see the empty stadium because that's what he deserves for the poor product he puts out there. You can try to say I'm not a real fan because I'm not supporting the team, but I still watch every game on sunday ticket regardless of our record, I just don't want ol mikey boy to benefit from it because he *****.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Who Dey Time Who Dey Time is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,690
Rep Points: 2574
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
So what was that about the giants game getting sold out? And there's a rrason this team had such low attendance last year despite the winning record. Fans were ticked off at mike brown for the way he runs the franchise and decided to make a point, and honestly I was happy to see the empty stadium because that's what he deserves for the poor product he puts out there. You can try to say I'm not a real fan because I'm not supporting the team, but I still watch every game on sunday ticket regardless of our record, I just don't want ol mikey boy to benefit from it because he *****.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
You watching on the Ticket benefits MB immensly. Way to stick it to him.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
You watching on the Ticket benefits MB immensly. Way to stick it to him.
How? It benefits the entire NFL, but not him personally.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 12,310
Rep Points: 24136
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
The bashing of Mike Brown is a convenient excuse to use when a fan quits being loyal. Bottom line, I don't care about these fans. I care about the players and the true fans of the team. the others can remove themselves permanently as far as I am concerned. They have no idea how loyal fans like the Browns are and have been. We are a horrible fan base compared to them.
You and mulligan are the only "true fans" apparently. Have fun at the game guys. The rest of us (at least 95% of the fanbase) will continue to see Mike Brown for what he is.
__________________
From 2006-2013, this team has never finished higher than 20th in yards per carry. They've had an average rank of 27th during those 8 seasons.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Who Dey Time Who Dey Time is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,690
Rep Points: 2574
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
How? It benefits the entire NFL, but not him personally.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
DirecTV spends about $1 Billion (with a B ) per season for Sunday Ticket exclusivety. The NFL keeps a chunk of that (10% is a conservative estimate) and the rest is split evenly amongst the teams. So, using my conservative numbers, each team pockets roughly $28 million annually because of their relationship with DirecTV.

Mike Brown and the other 31 owners thank you for your support!
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
DirecTV spends about $1 Billion (with a B ) per season for Sunday Ticket exclusivety. The NFL keeps a chunk of that (10% is a conservative estimate) and the rest is split evenly amongst the teams. So, using my conservative numbers, each team pockets roughly $28 million annually because of their relationship with DirecTV.

Mike Brown and the other 31 owners thank you for your support!
I don't mind supporting the NFL as a whole. I play fantasy football and enjoy watching a lot of games. And as a bonus I also always get to watch the bengals play. But ol mikey can see the empty seat i would have been sitting in and realize I'm not happy which is why I'm not there. Because I'm not gonna drive 4 hours each way every sunday, spend a bunch of money, and waste my time to go to the game if he's not even gonna try and put a winning product on the field.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Who Dey Time Who Dey Time is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,690
Rep Points: 2574
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
I don't mind supporting the NFL as a whole. I play fantasy football and enjoy watching a lot of games. And as a bonus I also always get to watch the bengals play. But ol mikey can see the empty seat i would have been sitting in and realize I'm not happy which is why I'm not there. Because I'm not gonna drive 4 hours each way every sunday, spend a bunch of money, and waste my time to go to the game if he's not even gonna try and put a winning product on the field.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I could care less how, why, you support anything NFL or Bengals related. I'm only conveying to you that you are sadly mistaken if you think that subscribing to Sunday Ticket doesn't benefit the Bengals.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM
tmangoud tmangoud is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 798
Rep Points: 922
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Don't be a hypocrit then, make sure you never watach another NFL game. If you do, you have supported Mike Brown.

The team is not Mike Brown. But of course, you couldn;t know that because you don't wacth them play.
If you believe some posters on this board--Mike Brown gets paid everytime you take a breath.

Everytime you turn on the TV---acoording to these goofballs--mike brown gets a check.

Everytime we drink a beer mike brown gets paid.
Everytime you eat a chicken wing---pay Mike.

Would you knuckleheads knock that sillyness off.

Do you know how stupid you sound?

This is whats left of their argument.
Its so down right stupid I laugh everytime I read it.
(well dont read about it---mike gets royalties)

Hey--who-dey-time
I picked up an empty can today outside of PBS and put it in the trash--did I benefit the Bengals?
Did Mike get a check?
__________________
tman

Last edited by tmangoud; 11-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Who Dey Time Who Dey Time is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,690
Rep Points: 2574
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
If you believe some posters on this board--Mike Brown gets paid everytime you take a breath.

Everytime you turn on the TV---acoording to these goofballs--mike brown gets a check.

Everytime we drink a beer mike brown gets paid.
Everytime you eat a chicken wing---pay Mike.

Would you knuckleheads knock that sillyness off.

Do you know how stupid you sound?
The only stupid one is you because you fail to realize how the NFL economics work. Your mission to stick it to Mike Brown is cloaked full of inaccurate, illogical thoughts that are nothing more than the works of a troll. The above post does nothing to change that perception.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
The only stupid one is you because you fail to realize how the NFL economics work. Your mission to stick it to Mike Brown is cloaked full of inaccurate, illogical thoughts that are nothing more than the works of a troll. The above post does nothing to change that perception.
Actually there is a difference between what mike brown gets from shared revenue and what he gets from ticket sales. Yes he gets the same amount of money from the tv contracts that every other team gets but the money from ticket sales is his own. So by not going to the games he loses some money. There is nothing we can do about the shared revenue because it is set in place to ensure that every team has a chance to field a competitive team, but there are some things, suvh as ticket sales, that are not shared. Maybe it's you that doesn't understand how the nfl works there sunshine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM
r3stangs's Avatar
r3stangs r3stangs is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 869
Rep Points: 1073
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
The bashing of Mike Brown is a convenient excuse to use when a fan quits being loyal. Bottom line, I don't care about these fans. I care about the players and the true fans of the team. the others can remove themselves permanently as far as I am concerned. They have no idea how loyal fans like the Browns are and have been. We are a horrible fan base compared to them.
If they were so loyal wouldn't they remain fans of the same team no matter where they moved to? Shouldn't they be baltimore fans now?
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,459
Rep Points: 34471
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
The only stupid one is you because you fail to realize how the NFL economics work. Your mission to stick it to Mike Brown is cloaked full of inaccurate, illogical thoughts that are nothing more than the works of a troll. The above post does nothing to change that perception.
I stick it to Mikey; I buy bootleg jerseys.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Who Dey Time Who Dey Time is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,690
Rep Points: 2574
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
Actually there is a difference between what mike brown gets from shared revenue and what he gets from ticket sales. Yes he gets the same amount of money from the tv contracts that every other team gets but the money from ticket sales is his own. So by not going to the games he loses some money. There is nothing we can do about the shared revenue because it is set in place to ensure that every team has a chance to field a competitive team, but there are some things, suvh as ticket sales, that are not shared. Maybe it's you that doesn't understand how the nfl works there sunshine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Once again inaccurate. General admission seating is shared.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florence
Posts: 4,048
Rep Points: 4712
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Once again, everyone wants to oversimplify the argument.

Yes, historically (over 20 years), the Bengals have been a poor team.

But, in the last 10 years, they have improved a lot.
And in the last 5 years, they have been very, very competitive.
Competitive is a term you do not want to hear your team being referred as


I have never heard anyone describe a good team as competitive, its always the also rans
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
wildcatnku24 wildcatnku24 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 315
Rep Points: 101
Default Re: Remember Mike's Decision Not to Change the Blackout Rules???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
The bashing of Mike Brown is a convenient excuse to use when a fan quits being loyal. Bottom line, I don't care about these fans. I care about the players and the true fans of the team. the others can remove themselves permanently as far as I am concerned. They have no idea how loyal fans like the Browns are and have been. We are a horrible fan base compared to them.
The Browns are CERTAINLY not a more loyal fan base. They are a poor example of loyal fans.

Green Bay has the definition of loyal fans. That place shuts down for football. My buddy from Wisconsin took me to a game at Lambo and all I could say was WOW. It's part of their culture.

Cleveland did, however, receive credit for trashing their own stadium more than once. What loyal fans!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.