Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 176
Default Where's Peerman?

He touched it one time vs Pitt.. scores a TD and is a ghost the rest of the way and into the next game? Come on Marv and Gruden wake up. And what is with this lackluster offense, after the skins game, I thought things were truly different(Sanu Pass, Wildcat, Fakes on special teams) What in the world happened to change this trend.... incompetence probably, I just don't get it. Every week is the same thing, my friend and I watch the game, and it is mainly comedy hour, as we are baffled by decisions made, as well as Marvin's non emotional deer in the headlights confused looks, as his waste line continues to expand by about 10 pounds a year. It is really quite comedic.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:18 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10180
Default Re: Where's Peerman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740Bengal View Post
He touched it one time vs Pitt.. scores a TD and is a ghost the rest of the way and into the next game? Come on Marv and Gruden wake up. And what is with this lackluster offense, after the skins game, I thought things were truly different(Sanu Pass, Wildcat, Fakes on special teams) What in the world happened to change this trend.... incompetence probably, I just don't get it. Every week is the same thing, my friend and I watch the game, and it is mainly comedy hour, as we are baffled by decisions made, as well as Marvin's non emotional deer in the headlights confused looks, as his waste line continues to expand by about 10 pounds a year. It is really quite comedic.
Its not about trying new things to pump some life into the run game, its strictly about the fact that Peerman is not getting paid premiere back money so he's not gonna see that kind of playing time. This is the Mike Brown way of running a team. Just another insight to how little control Marvin has over this team.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 14172

Do not get it either. Kid is tough as nails. Evident by his special teams play and runs a 4.34- 40 yard dash. This is Hawkins speed with more girth. He has at least earned a shot.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Do not get it either. Kid is tough as nails. Evident by his special teams play and runs a 4.34- 40 yard dash. This is Hawkins speed with more girth. He has at least earned a shot.

Are you trying to say Peerman is a chode?

Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
4.34? what are you smoking? he ran a 4.45, and i think people get too caught up in the 40 time, if 40 time is all that mattered, wouldn't Oakland be a dynasty by now?????

whether he is a scat back or not, just remember he was special teams guy for a reason, I'd rather have Leonard out there before peerman (peerman cant pass block well at all) were not out in practice to see these guys, we dont know the ins and outs of the personnel. But with BJGE's fumbling problem and lack of a big play, and B Scott out for the year, we are limited in what we have. Also with such disarray at RB think why for a game we played with 2 active RBs on the roster and not bring up Boom from the practice squad. Peerman is a special teams guy maybe an occasional Spell back at best, but def not the answer.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 49974

Where's Peerman? He's in that special, secret spot that Bengals keep most of their players....The Bench.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3349

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick0499 View Post
4.34? what are you smoking? he ran a 4.45, and i think people get too caught up in the 40 time, if 40 time is all that mattered, wouldn't Oakland be a dynasty by now?????

whether he is a scat back or not, just remember he was special teams guy for a reason, I'd rather have Leonard out there before peerman (peerman cant pass block well at all) were not out in practice to see these guys, we dont know the ins and outs of the personnel. But with BJGE's fumbling problem and lack of a big play, and B Scott out for the year, we are limited in what we have. Also with such disarray at RB think why for a game we played with 2 active RBs on the roster and not bring up Boom from the practice squad. Peerman is a special teams guy maybe an occasional Spell back at best, but def not the answer.
Actually, when you google Cedric Peerman 40 time, it comes up with 4.34. However, this is not his 40-time from the NFL combine. The NFL combine was 4.45. He must have done a 4.34 at his pro day or some other event that was not the combine.

Boom Herron currently has nothing different to offer from what we already had on our active roster. But that does not mean that I would not at least consider him if we are out of the playoffs with just a couple games left in the year. He may have developed some new skills, like faster speed or agility. We can only base our knowledge on what he showed (or didn't show) in college and training camp.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2793

Quote:

I may be in the minority here, but I think Peerman could be a spark for this offense. He is shifty, has decent power and vision, and also has great hands. IMO the only reason Peerman is not loved on these boards is because he has not had enough of a chance to prove what he can do. Is he the answer? Probably not, does he deserve a shot to prove what he can do, certainly. I like what he brings to the table, and a good mix between him, BJGE, and Leonard could possibly open up the running game which would do wonders for this team. They have talent everywhere, but the gaping hole on this team right now is the lack of a running game. Fix the running game and you fix the Bengals.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 54

In my opinion, if Peerman is there to only play special teams, it is a wasted roster spot. He is a running back, so why don't they see what he can do with a few more carries. How does anyone know if he can pass protect? He hasn't played on offense enough. How does anyone know what he can do running the football? He doesn't have enough carries to amount to anything. It is plain to see that BJGE is not a bell cow RB and Leonard can't stay healthy. Why have a running back on the active roster, as a back-up, if you are not going to utilize them when you need him? The Saints and Steelers use all of their running backs!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Graduated Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
Actually, when you google Cedric Peerman 40 time, it comes up with 4.34. However, this is not his 40-time from the NFL combine. The NFL combine was 4.45. He must have done a 4.34 at his pro day or some other event that was not the combine.

Boom Herron currently has nothing different to offer from what we already had on our active roster. But that does not mean that I would not at least consider him if we are out of the playoffs with just a couple games left in the year. He may have developed some new skills, like faster speed or agility. We can only base our knowledge on what he showed (or didn't show) in college and training camp.
cant teach speed my man, i followed boom at OSU considering im a bucks fan, but he lacks a second gear, hands aren't all that great, and not much of an explosion, he has good balance and good vision, but i agree that he doesnt offer from what we already have on our roster. but we're 3-5 and we have a game coming up with a struggling eli manning, i dont see us chalking up this season as over yet, although i dont like the RBs we currently have either, but boom just doesnt do anything for us positive, either does peerman except a carry or two every now and then. and oh btw, we signed wharton (a run blocking force) he is out, Bowling is more of a pass protection guy, and cook is out, faine or whoever doenst know whats happening, and zeitler is just a rooking, so our o-line has a lot to do with why ANY of our RBs cant find a hole. most RBs would struggle in cincy running the ball at this point
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3349

Quote:
cant teach speed my man, i followed boom at OSU considering im a bucks fan, but he lacks a second gear, hands aren't all that great, and not much of an explosion, he has good balance and good vision, but i agree that he doesnt offer from what we already have on our roster. but we're 3-5 and we have a game coming up with a struggling eli manning, i dont see us chalking up this season as over yet, although i dont like the RBs we currently have either, but boom just doesnt do anything for us positive, either does peerman except a carry or two every now and then. and oh btw, we signed wharton (a run blocking force) he is out, Bowling is more of a pass protection guy, and cook is out, faine or whoever doenst know whats happening, and zeitler is just a rooking, so our o-line has a lot to do with why ANY of our RBs cant find a hole. most RBs would struggle in cincy running the ball at this point
I agree for the most part. The only RBs I think could possibly make a difference are ones that can be shifty and fast enough to get to the outside away from the linemen. But even then, it wouldn't make much of a difference. You can't run to the outside every single run, especially once the defense started adjusting to that. We really could use Cook back. I don't think he's amazing, but he is better than Faine or Robinson.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2793

just another thing to add here, rumbles around Nashville is that the Titans may decide not to keep CJ due to his $9 mil roster bonus next season. The fans are disappointed with him, but he still has the wheels and hands to be a threat in the NFL. The Bengals have BJGE for a power back, and I think CJ would be a perfect compliment to that. I understand that nothing has been officially released about these "rumors" and I also understand the likelihood of MB making a move on a high profile player like CJ are slim to none, but IMO it would be worth it. Our line should be healthy again next season, and the addition of a real threat at RB could be what this team needs to get over the hump.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:

Right. And Binns and Tate are #2WR's and Nate Livings was a starting quality G and Gutcheck was a starting C and Rey Rey is a starting MLB and Dan Coats was a TE. What exactly is your point? That if Marvin doesn't play him, he's no good? Swing and a miss there, guy.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
All he ever does is produce when his number is called. Wouldn't want that, would we?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27315
bengals Re: Where's Peerman?

Quote:

I have been a big Peerman supporter for years and people on here have gave me crap for it.

This year when called upon he has been producing everytime he gets a chance and that is
all i have asked for in the past. Give the guy a chance and he will produce. His speed and
change of direction are much better than BJGE or Leonard.

Give the dude more snaps no doubt.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline Tweeting 101 View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I think Peerman could be a spark for this offense. He is shifty, has decent power and vision, and also has great hands. IMO the only reason Peerman is not loved on these boards is because he has not had enough of a chance to prove what he can do. Is he the answer? Probably not, does he deserve a shot to prove what he can do, certainly. I like what he brings to the table, and a good mix between him, BJGE, and Leonard could possibly open up the running game which would do wonders for this team. They have talent everywhere, but the gaping hole on this team right now is the lack of a running game. Fix the running game and you fix the Bengals.

Damn good post.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Graduated Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Right. And Binns and Tate are #2WR's and Nate Livings was a starting quality G and Gutcheck was a starting C and Rey Rey is a starting MLB and Dan Coats was a TE. What exactly is your point? That if Marvin doesn't play him, he's no good? Swing and a miss there, guy.
huh? i didn't say any of those? and if your not a starter on a struggling team so i do agree your not that good. Mathis was a starter and now a starter for Phily, how is that o-line doing? yeah..... chad johnson was a starter for us and couldnt get on the field for the patriots or even make the Miami team with no true #1. TO was a starter and cant find a team. TJ never did anything in Sea or Oak. so yes if you dont start for the bengals then your no good, cause some of our starters cant play for others teams. Dont understand where your comment came from but yeah....
Old 11-08-2012, 04:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
huh? i didn't say any of those? and if your not a starter on a struggling team so i do agree your not that good. Mathis was a starter and now a starter for Phily, how is that o-line doing? yeah..... chad johnson was a starter for us and couldnt get on the field for the patriots or even make the Miami team with no true #1. TO was a starter and cant find a team. TJ never did anything in Sea or Oak. so yes if you dont start for the bengals then your no good, cause some of our starters cant play for others teams. Dont understand where your comment came from but yeah....

All the guys that McC pointed out were starting ahead of better players, i think that is his point.

The coaches don't know their arse from a hole in the ground and Marv always starts the paychecks over the talent.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24338

One carry is a very small sample, but agree it would be good to see him get a few more touches, as long as it doesn't affect his contributions to special teams.

Give a few more touches to Leonard, and give Peerman 3-5 a game, then ride the hot back in the second half.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 706

Quote:

And you make this statement and judge him on his 10 carries in the last 2 years.You are so certain he is not the answer after watching him get 10 touches running the ball in 2 years .lol
Old 11-08-2012, 07:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 22228

Pretty much goes in line with the question why is Tate still starting instead of Sanu. Not saying Peerman should start however as Sanu should be this week, but let him have some carries to see what he has on gamedays. Can't hurt anything consideriing we are not a good run team period.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-08-2012, 07:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You either lack reading comprehension or any knowledge of the Bengals if what I said wasn't crystal clear. If you didn't understand the first time, why should I explain it again?
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 14172

Quote:

For the record, I am smoking the good weed. Always do. But my google search brought up the answer 4.34 40 time. Upon further searching it was revealed that this was a hand clocked time.
But still the kid has earned a chance imo. Have not seen him enough to see if he can pick up the blitz. But if you are correct, then I agree. This is why I have never been a Scott fan. He can run but not block.
Agree that Leonard should get more time. But like you said we do not see practice and there must be some reason he does not. Have never been a Law Firm fan. Should have picked up UofL Cardinal Michael Bush in my opinion to bridge us to our back of the future that will be drafted this year.

Still think Peerman can help the Bengals.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15055

I would love to see more of Peerman and think we should see more of him. However, how many times have we seen these coaches make poor decisions, keeping guys down on the depth chart and on the bench instead of in the game where they should be. Is it any wonder this team isn't a consistent winner?

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 54651

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsBong View Post
And you make this statement and judge him on his 10 carries in the last 2 years.You are so certain he is not the answer after watching him get 10 touches running the ball in 2 years .lol
How about the fact that Peerman has been signed by four different NFL teams and the coaches of three of those teams did not even think he was worth a roster spot.

And I am a guy that had the Bengals taking Peerman in the fourth round of my mock draft a few years ago. Peerman was the fastest RB at the combine in '09. In fact his ten yard split in the forty (1.40) is the fastest posted by any player since 1999 (http://www.topendsports.com/sport/gr...esults-top.htm), and the ten yard split is more important in judging RBs than the forty time. However Peerman looks thicker than he was co,ming out of college, so he may have lost some of that speed.

Last edited by fredtoast; 11-09-2012 at 11:01 AM.