Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default Jags refs

Jags are getting screwed by the refs. I mean this is ridiculous. There needs to be something done to hold the refs accountable because these last 2 seasons have been horrible.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:10 PM
SurvivorMatt SurvivorMatt is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ft. Wright, KY
Posts: 10,109
Rep Points: 4001
Default Re: Jags refs

Can't blame Mularkey for throwing his headset & playbook. I would have reviewed that 2nd TD run by Luck. Anybody see this?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 PM
momadance02's Avatar
momadance02 momadance02 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 7,811
Rep Points: 8278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4It View Post
Can't blame Mularkey for throwing his headset & playbook. I would have reviewed that 2nd TD run by Luck. Anybody see this?
He got in.


They are getting screwed though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:25 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
He got in.


They are getting screwed though.
Whether he got in or not it should have been reviewed. And there was no possible way they reviewed it that fast. The gact that the announcers have been wrong on every play says something is amiss here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:30 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,428
Rep Points: 44838
Default Re: Jags refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
Whether he got in or not it should have been reviewed. And there was no possible way they reviewed it that fast. The gact that the announcers have been wrong on every play says something is amiss here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ha! The NFL likely has people already reviewing plays, every play. When you see them go "under the hood", it is likely a formality, for the refs to ascertain the correct spot for the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 AM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Ha! The NFL likely has people already reviewing plays, every play. When you see them go "under the hood", it is likely a formality, for the refs to ascertain the correct spot for the ball.
I know the booth does reviews but it normally takes longer than that if it is close at all and that one was close. I'm pretty sure that's why mularky threw his headset, because it didn't seem like the refs even bothered to check.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 AM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,874
Rep Points: 1711
Default Re: Jags refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
I know the booth does reviews but it normally takes longer than that if it is close at all and that one was close. I'm pretty sure that's why mularky threw his headset, because it didn't seem like the refs even bothered to check.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, that's why. But the refs DID check! And Luck DID cross the goal of the plane. That's why it was a TD.

By the way, I think that one-handed catch by the Jags receiver was a reception. I think the refs blew that call.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Yes, that's why. But the refs DID check! And Luck DID cross the goal of the plane. That's why it was a TD.

By the way, I think that one-handed catch by the Jags receiver was a reception. I think the refs blew that call.
And the fumble was too close for a reversal. And there were about 5 other blown calls before halftime and i just turned it off and went to bed. I normally don't have anything against the colts, but with the way the refs were in their pocket i was rooting for the jags.

And no I'm not saying the colts paid them off, but something was definitely amiss.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2012, 04:32 PM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,874
Rep Points: 1711
Default Re: Jags refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
And the fumble was too close for a reversal. And there were about 5 other blown calls before halftime and i just turned it off and went to bed. I normally don't have anything against the colts, but with the way the refs were in their pocket i was rooting for the jags.

And no I'm not saying the colts paid them off, but something was definitely amiss.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Maybe Jags management was too cheap to pay the refs?

You "do" realize that the game was played in Jacksonville, right? If there was any favoritism, it should have been for the Jags.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2012, 04:36 PM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,775
Rep Points: 10464
Default Re: Jags refs

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
SurvivorMatt SurvivorMatt is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ft. Wright, KY
Posts: 10,109
Rep Points: 4001
Default Re: Jags refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
He got in.


They are getting screwed though.
Luck did regain control and stuck the ball over the goal line. Correct call.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Maybe Jags management was too cheap to pay the refs?

You "do" realize that the game was played in Jacksonville, right? If there was any favoritism, it should have been for the Jags.
It doesn't always go the way of the home team. I mean, those refs aren't necessarily from Jacksonville. They go from game to game. Who says they are not told to call a game favoring one team. Just like the giants steelers game. New york has a tragedy and then all the calls go against pitt. Luck shaves his head in honor of his coach and the calls go against the jags. It's all about ratings.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:22 PM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,874
Rep Points: 1711
Default Re: Jags refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
It doesn't always go the way of the home team. I mean, those refs aren't necessarily from Jacksonville. They go from game to game. Who says they are not told to call a game favoring one team. Just like the giants steelers game. New york has a tragedy and then all the calls go against pitt. Luck shaves his head in honor of his coach and the calls go against the jags. It's all about ratings.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah... you're right. The calls against the Jags "did" seem excessive. Even as a Colts fan, I found myself getting mad that the refs kept calling penalties on the Jags. Just when the Jags were going to make the game interesting, suddenly, they get a barrage of flags and what was going to be a 3rd and 7 suddenly became a 3rd and 25! I'm all for rooting for my team, but I would also like to see a fair fight. Getting constantly chumped like that the entire game sort of cheapens the game, in my opinion.

Maybe the Jags are sloppy, but I didn't think they were THAT sloppy!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.