Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 39540
Default Re: Very possible winning season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Not just those two games, but all of them. They had Pittsbugh's defense on it's heels in the 1st half, driving, with the opportunity to put some distance between them, and then that wierd, flukey slipped ball fumble by Dalton was just the emotional boost that Pittsburgh needed to get back into the game. Bengals played emotionless, already defeated after that. Good coaching wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

In the Denver game, what can you say? Bengals took all of the momentum with that sequence of goal line INT, drive for score, pinning Denver deep, INT, short scoring drive to take the lead. The entire world knew Peyton Manning wasn't going to fold, but the Bengal coaches failed to continue to press on offense, until it was too late. Another blown, very winable game.
You nailed it. I was watching Pittsburgh vs. Giants and they got hosed on a fumble returned for a touchdown call, and a terrible unnecessary roughness call that led to another touchdown and they shook it off, and said eff that we're still winning this thing. If that happened to us the rout would've been on.

Hard to follow a leader when he jogs like a fat girl.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8882

When a team loses to a team with 0 wins...it's impossible to look at the remaining schedule and count wins...especially when our best win is against a 3-6 team.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsdaddy1979 View Post
After looking at our remaining games i can see that we still have a very good chance of going 9-7.
Here is why ...

We will beat the Chiefs . I really do not see us losing 6 in a row .
The next 4 games are

Chiefs WIN They may be on of the worst teams in the nfl
Raiders WIN Can i say more
Chargers WIN Rivers just aint the same
Cowboys WIN They find ways to lose worse than we do .

This would sit us at 7-6

Next game is the Eagles . There is a good chance vick dont play by then . and even if he does there d suks and he is a turn over machine king . I see a WIN here .

NOW 8-6

next game is pit . i say we lose .

Now 8-7

Last game is the ravens at home . Balt may be locked by then an may be sitting players if so thats a sure WIN . If not i still think we have a shot . Cook will be healthy by then as well as a few other players . I say its 60/40 we will this game .

So as you can see it is more than possible we have a winning season an even a chance we back door the playoffs .
Here you go, got this ready for you on Monday morning...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367

Quote:
After looking at our remaining games i can see that we still have a very good chance of going 9-7 or 10-6 .
Here is why ...

We will beat the giants . I realy do not see us losing 5 in a row .
The next 4 games after the giants are

This would sit us at 8-5

Next game is the Eagles . There is a good chance vick dont play by then . and even if he does there d suks and he is a turn over machine king . I see a WIN here .

NOW 9-5

Now 9-6

Last game is the ravens at home . Balt may be locked by then an may be sitting players if so thats a sure WIN . If not i still think we have a shot . Cook will be healthy by then as well as a few other players . I say its 50 50 we will this game .

So as you can see it is more than possible we have a winning season an even a chance we back door the playoffs .
It's possible. Just look at the '09 Steelers who had a 5 game losing streak taking them from 6-2 to 6-7 with 3 games left. Is it possible for our Bengals team to get to 6-7 at the end of week 14. I would say the chances of that are actually very likely. What happened was the Steelers won their last 3 games and snuck in as a Wild Card. They ended up going to the Super Bowl.

In no way shape or form am I saying this team is like the '09 Steelers. I'm just pointing out that that sub .500 teams can come back and make the playoffs late in the season. People shouldn't give up hope yet because really I see 4 teams that just aren't good and the Bengals have a great shot against. Dallas, Oakland, KC, and Philly. Kick it off with a Giants win this week and there is no doubt in my mind that this team will beat those 4.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1855

Quote:
After looking at our remaining games i can see that we still have a very good chance of going 9-7 or 10-6 .
Here is why ...

This would sit us at 8-5

NOW 9-5

Now 9-6

Last game is the ravens at home . Balt may be locked by then an may be sitting players if so thats a sure WIN . If not i still think we have a shot . Cook will be healthy by then as well as a few other players . I say its 50 50 we will this game .

Is this the Comedy Central forum
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
When a team loses to a team with 0 wins...it's impossible to look at the remaining schedule and count wins...especially when our best win is against a 3-6 team.
Well then it's a good thing we only play 3 teams the rest of the season with a winning record. (Giants, Steelers, Ravens)

Here are the records of the 5 remaining opponents:

Chargers: 4-4
Dallas: 3-5
Philly: 3-5
Oakland: 3-5
KC: 1-7

By no means is the 2nd half schedule as ridiculous as people make it out to be. If, and I repeat if, we beat the Giants, the season will start to take a really nice swing. Let's hold all judgement until after Sunday.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 262

Quote:
Here is why ...

This would sit us at 8-5

NOW 9-5

Now 9-6

The sad thing about it is all those teams you listed are looking at their schedule and see a win for them. The bengals are not a threat nor a feared team I bet KC can't wait to get us at home to get some of their bad habits corrected.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old White Guy View Post
Is this the Comedy Central forum
lol
Old 11-08-2012, 04:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7956
Default Re: We still have a shot AFC is horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
This thread is for positive pattys and positives peters only, sir.

There's plenty of other threads for negative nancys and negative noahs
positive peters ?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
Well then it's a good thing we only play 3 teams the rest of the season with a winning record. (Giants, Steelers, Ravens)

By no means is the 2nd half schedule as ridiculous as people make it out to be. If, and I repeat if, we beat the Giants, the season will start to take a really nice swing. Let's hold all judgement until after Sunday.
Our schedule was much easier this season than last year in reality.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:

3 out of the 5 losses came to teams below .500. Cleveland didn't even have a win. I just can't be very positive about the schedule.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4692
Default Re: Forget The Trolls... We're going 6-2!

Wow...some of you have to be kidding. What makes anyone think we can beat the Giants. They are everything the Bengals are not. It would be a huge upset if we somehow won this game. Some of you say we will win because you can't see us losing 5 in a row? What kind of logic is that? The Bengals have lost 5 or more in a row numerous times.

You also think we are going to go to SD and beat the Chargers? When's the last time e Bengals won a west coast game? SD is not a good team anymore but they are still better than the Bengals. Dallas is better than Cincy too. Balt and Pitt will beat us easily like they usually do.

People on here make me laugh saying that we are better than anyone right now. This is a bad team with a crappy coach. Accept it and quit being delusional.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22253

Quote:

Nobody wants to believe more than me, but the evidence is just so damning. Inconsistent, undisciplined, sloppy, like so many of Marvin's teams before. I'm anxious to believe. Just give me one game to hang my hat on.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Nobody wants to believe more than me, but the evidence is just so damning. Inconsistent, undisciplined, sloppy, like so many of Marvin's teams before. I'm anxious to believe. Just give me one game to hang my hat on.
That's why this Giants game is so pivotal.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 100
Default Re: Forget The Trolls... We're going 6-2!

the loss to the browns killed us and gives me no reason to believe we can win no more
than maybe 1 or 2 games the rest of the way .

Old 11-09-2012, 01:04 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9244

Quote:
That's why this Giants game is so pivotal.
We said that last week too. We had every chance to win that game, just like every other one with the Ravens being the only exception. We could EASILY be 5-2 right now.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark W Griswold View Post

People on here make me laugh saying that we are better than anyone right now. This is a bad team with a crappy coach. Accept it and quit being delusional.
We are better than JAX and KC.

Boom.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1713
Default Teams with losing records bengals best chance going to playoffs!!

Just heard this on NFL am and you know what I agree. Though our season is tanking so are other teams seasons and guess what we play them. Don't give up quite yet.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4256
Default Re: Forgot The Trolls... We're going 6-2!

I don't really care for the expression "signature win", but if the Bengals could win this game....it would qualify. More importantly, it would get this team rolling in the right direction. They could steam roll the Cheifs and Raiders, and then their record would be 6-5.

If Marvin Jones and Cook were to get healthy during that time, the run game could improve substantially. Yes, even with BJGE.

If Pat Sims were able to come back and contribute on the defensive line, it could also pay dividends.

These are big "ifs", but we know Cook and Sims can play. And we know the team is worse without them. I honestly believe Marvin Jones, Cook, and Sanu can give this offense what it is missing and they could really start rolling.

If Dre Kirkpatrick is showing why he was a first round pick after easing him in over the next three games, he could be a fresh player that positively impacts the defense down the stretch as well.

I see the schedule like this:

Giants- WIN

Cheifs- WIN

Raiders- WIN

Chargers- WIN

Cowboys- WIN

Eagles- WIN

Steelers- LOSS

Ravens- WIN

That puts them at 10-6, and likely in the playoffs... It all has to start with a win against the Giants. That win could get this team believing.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7418
Default Re: Teams with losing records bengals best chance going to playoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Just heard this on NFL am and you know what I agree. Though our season is tanking so are other teams seasons and guess what we play them. Don't give up quite yet.

It's not over til the fat lady sings...and well right now..she's stuffing her face.

We're still good.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:38 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8617
bengals Re: Teams with losing records bengals best chance going to playoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
So in other words, the Bengals are the most polished turd? Whoo, that's something to hang your hat on.

12 years of Head Coaching has accumulated to one more nugget of pure knowledge: "We gotta play better." 12 more years of Marvin!

0-5 Postseason, 6-19 Prime Time, 95-93-2 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 48787

Yay, we're the best losers...
Old 11-09-2012, 09:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33439

Anything is possible.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
VIP Gold Member

Oh...there is a chance that 8-8 makes it.

But, with our power win being against the Redskins who are 3-6...

And our record should be 6-2 or 5-3 at worst now.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8617
bengals Re: Teams with losing records bengals best chance going to playoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Oh...there is a chance that 8-8 makes it.

But, with our power win being against the Redskins who are 3-6...

And our record should be 6-2 or 5-3 at worst now.
Even if 8-8 makes it, it won't make it with a 2-5 record in the AFC, because then you lose the first tiebreaker. Even then I highly doubt 8-8 makes it. Indy already has 6 wins, putting them far and away as the favorites for the first wildcard spot.. then the Steelers are 5-3 lining up for the 2nd wildcard spot. Those two teams would have to TANK the rest of the season to not get 9 wins.

12 years of Head Coaching has accumulated to one more nugget of pure knowledge: "We gotta play better." 12 more years of Marvin!

0-5 Postseason, 6-19 Prime Time, 95-93-2 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.