Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42863
Default Re: L.A. Bengals...Haters Win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
He said he'd never step foot in PBS as a Bengal again. See - as a Bengal.
No he didn't
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/3/1/...-stadium-again

See-No he didn't.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 814

Mike Brown didnt get alot of cities knocking on his door last time he threatened to move the team. And I think the Rams already have the moving trucks reserved.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
They are not moving. Stop trying to spread fear and cancer.
I used the phrase, "Quite Possible,,," Actually, the depression over this losing streak suggests that many on this board would cheer such a scenario. I wouldn't.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13263

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
We'll assume it's a bit out of context when he said he'd never return, otherwise he'd of stayed retired instead of opting to be traded to another team - especially an AFC team.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1579

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
You mean "The Last Boy Scout"?
Rep'd
Old 11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2345

Bengals are not moving. Can we stop with these bogus threads
Old 11-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
Perhaps someone can help me but why would the Oakland game sellout?
Why would it be considered our Superbowl?

Carson is disliked by many here.
Loved by others (including me)..

But that alone will not sell the game out.
A lot of folks have hated Carson Palmer after he said he wasn't comming back. I'ts the best thing for the fans of Cincy Bengals could have ever got. I like Palmer. Palmer was not an AFC North QB. I'd would loved to see what he could have done some place else. I remember the interview when Boomer Esasion said " welcome to the Cincinnati Bengals " . I felt bad for him. No 1st round QB we've ever had worked out. I would have liked to see him play somewere else. I don't like that he wanted out. But the fact still remains. He should have wanted to retire here. Helped this team to, who knows 5-10 super bowls. Didn't happen. We may one day know why all that happend. Maybe not.
I still respict him, and hope him well. What if's, and what could have beens.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:19 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42863

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
Perhaps someone can help me but why would the Oakland game sellout?
Why would it be considered our Superbowl?

Carson is disliked by many here.
Loved by others (including me)..

But that alone will not sell the game out.
I remember when alot around here were saying that would be an obvious Prime Time game. The TV executive that woulda made that call would be looking for a new job right about now.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor24 View Post
It's a possibility that Mr. Mike Brown may consider moving his organization to L.A.
I can't be arsed to read all three pages except to say...no he won't. Nobody in their right mind (or Mike Brown) would EVER leave the sweet set up he has in Cincy. Nobody. He would not, and will not, try to leave Cincy while he has this stadium deal.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21077

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor24 View Post
I used the phrase, "Quite Possible,,," Actually, the depression over this losing streak suggests that many on this board would cheer such a scenario. I wouldn't.

The only way I would cheer the scenario MB going to LA would be this. The team out there would be re-named something else. The same year they move, a new Bengals team, basically an expansion similar to the Browns or Texans situations, would then replace the old Bengals team so to speak as the new Bengals with brand new owner and hierarchy in place. I'd be down for that, and would be able to handle the growing pains that would happen for a few years or so.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4119

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
Haha... heaven...
that's awesome right there.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19557

Quote:
I remember when alot around here were saying that would be an obvious Prime Time game. The TV executive that woulda made that call would be looking for a new job right about now.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
The only way I would cheer the scenario MB going to LA would be this. The team out there would be re-named something else. The same year they move, a new Bengals team, basically an expansion similar to the Browns or Texans situations, would then replace the old Bengals team so to speak as the new Bengals with brand new owner and hierarchy in place. I'd be down for that, and would be able to handle the growing pains that would happen for a few years or so.
That'll happen right after the Cincinnati Royals come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Dayton View Post
Ask Raider fans who won that deal. 9 out of 10 including the new GM would say Mike Brown.

I have had season tickets since PBS opened. See Balt and Pitt every year...seen Peyton before...seen Eli before...

You're obviously playing coy about the Carson game. The Golden Boy who was supposed to bring us out of the dark ages but then took his heisman and went home, comes back to Cincy to face the team he refused to ever play for again. Uh yeah, that storyline doesn't happen very often Chief...
The Raiders fans (message board variety) will admit that they gave a high price for Carson, but he's about the only thing on that team that is worth watching at this point. It's a sad state of a franchise now, but he's already breaking Raiders records, and don't act like you wouldn't have been on cloud 9 to see Dalton no-huddle the Steelers to death like Carson did this season. Carson is pretty popular, all things considered, at the moment. At least they are making the most of the debacle...doesn't seem like the Bengals are....yet.

Last edited by Nately120; 11-08-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
not to mention everyone thought it would be flexed into Sunday Night over a Packers/Giants game

personally I was guessing Thursday Night myself since at the time half the country couldnt watch it on nfl network and nfl network seems to senationalize and exaggerate things to the point of annoyance like Tim Tebow and Eagles fans crying about their losses

I thought the Palmer thing would have been natural for them, but that's not to say they wouldnt try that on gameday morning in 3 weeks

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-09-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Dayton View Post
Maybe not for you but its the game I've looked forward to all year. Mike did get a 1st and 2nd for him and its not like he's had any success out in Oakland so you could say Mike won as well.

And I think you're wrong about most fans here...They want to see Carson get crushed

You are correct.

Will make my day if Geno crushes him and then Peko does a leaping belly whopper on the quitter.

Attendance has not been a problem this season and will not be with Giants, Cowboy's, Raiders and Ravens coming yet.

But next year, who knows ? Another attendance drop probably if this season stays its course. Hopefully some soul searching and infusion of maturing rookies helps Bengals get realigned.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33539

Quote:
1000x yes to this scenario. The Bengals without Mike Brown? Yes please. I wouldn't even care if it took another 10 years to start seeing a great team. At least my son wouldn't have to suffer through this crap.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

True. But if one was forced to choose a Bengals game ? Then this is the one.

It will be the Bengals and Carson's Superbowl this season.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

This would be an ok scenario. But do not see a team coming here if this one leaves.
The fans are too venomous and the history not so glamorous. Hard sell being that most cities would love to have a NFL team. Not just LA. Maybe Oregon even with all that Nike money they wield. But think if an expansion happens that many cities will bid.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3244

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Maybe he'll move the team to Lexington. And then all those crappy UK fans could just move down there and live in their little "world".

Yeah, I'm looking at you faulk, Bengal Droppings, Meg, and all the other ones I forgot. Adios!

Sorry I didn't hear you, I was busy counting my championship banners.

Signed,
Crappy UK fan

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3244

Quote:
I'm not sure if Cincinnati would get another team... Its the 28th largest market in the United States so its not out of the realm of possibility, but their are other options for the NFL. I know Goddell's ultimate goal is to make this league popular world wide, and Toronto wants a team. Toronto has 5.5 million people in its metro area and 2.6 million in the city alone! Thats more than enough of a market to put an NFL franchise in.

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
A lot of folks have hated Carson Palmer after he said he wasn't comming back. I'ts the best thing for the fans of Cincy Bengals could have ever got. I like Palmer. Palmer was not an AFC North QB. I'd would loved to see what he could have done some place else. I remember the interview when Boomer Esasion said " welcome to the Cincinnati Bengals " . I felt bad for him. No 1st round QB we've ever had worked out. I would have liked to see him play somewere else. I don't like that he wanted out. But the fact still remains. He should have wanted to retire here. Helped this team to, who knows 5-10 super bowls. Didn't happen. We may one day know why all that happend. Maybe not.
I still respict him, and hope him well. What if's, and what could have beens.
Alot of fans here might hate Carson but that only represents the few folks who post here.
Dont' confuse this site as baromoter for all Bengals fans. Many Bengals fans gave up on this site and Mike Brown many years ago.

The VAST MAJORITY of Bengal fans, thousands of them, understand Carson and Mike far better than you.
They don't hold anything againt Carson Palmer.

If at this point you don't know why he wanted out,,,,,,,, you must be a new fan of living in a cave.
Every fan I know doesn't blame Carson. For the longest time Carson was in the conversation as one of the most talented QB's on the planet. You won't hear that out of a Bengal QB for many years.

Everyone understands why Carson wanted out.
It wans't the fans.
It wasn't the coach.
It was Mike Brown. Yet you aren't mad @ Mike, you're mad @ Carson?????
I remember Carson on hard knocks telling someone about the sea of orange @ PBS and how great it is on game day.

I got news for you--EVERY PLAYER on this team would rather be somewhere else.
Do you understand that?

Carson beat Mike Brown. For that alone he is my hero.
I loved watching him play.
I loved his leadership.
I loved that he gets an opportunity to play football somewhere else other than this nightmare.

Last edited by tmangoud; 11-09-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
Sorry I didn't hear you, I was busy counting my championship banners.

Signed,
Crappy UK fan
Banners, shmanners. Shouldn't you be packing?

Signed-
Disgruntled U of L fan
P.S. This is our year!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:20 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 460

Big city media would have a love affair for about 10 seconds. Brown could not handle the heat and the public onslaught that would ensue if this team was in LA.

Look at how the fans get after a slow start for the Lakers. Brown would have no place to hide. He would, for the first time in his life, have to be accountable for his actions or lack thereof.

Last edited by spurs of football; 11-09-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs of football View Post
Big city media would have a love affair for about 10 seconds. Brown could not handle the heat and the public onslaught that would ensue if this team was in LA.

Look at how the fans get after a slow start for the Lakers. Brown would have no place to hide. He would, for the first time in his life, have to be accountable for his actions or lack thereof.
Which would be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I wouldn't even care if it took another 10 years to start seeing a great team.
The city of LA simply would not accept a 10 year buildup - playoff potential within 5, I'd wager
Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7925

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
I'm not sure if Cincinnati would get another team... Its the 28th largest market in the United States so its not out of the realm of possibility, but their are other options for the NFL. I know Goddell's ultimate goal is to make this league popular world wide, and Toronto wants a team. Toronto has 5.5 million people in its metro area and 2.6 million in the city alone! Thats more than enough of a market to put an NFL franchise in.
If the Bengals ever leave Cincinnati....That is the END of NFL football in Cincinnati......Just as Royals left Cincinnati and it was the END of NBA in Cincinnati....If low attendance is reason both Royals and Bengals left, then Cincinnati gets bad rep as being a lousy small market to put a team. Rich owners are not going to want to lose money on such a risky investmant.

So why did Paul Brown put a team in Cincinnati ?.....In the mid 60s he saw Cincy with Reds and Royals and very strong WLW local TV and radio market also....Ruth Lyons, Bob Braun, Paul Dixon, Kenny Price, Phil Donahue WLW TV days are long, long gone....Royals are long, long gone....If Bengals leave, NFL won't come back.....Cincy will have oldest baseball franchise, The Reds....but NBA and NFL will be gone forever due to small market low attendance.....But Paul Brown also knew and was involved in the future merger of the AFL and NFL, He felt he had been stabbed in the back in Cleveland by Moddell and he had started Browns, not Moddell. CB = Cleveland Browns. CB= Cincinnati Bengals. Same state, same initials, same uniforms....it could have been Columbus, but it would be hard to compete with Buckeys there....Paul Brown was out for some revenge against Moddell in the state of Ohio. With both deceased, thats no longer relevant to getting a new team.

Last edited by kevin; 11-09-2012 at 02:48 PM.