Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Aquapod770's Avatar
Aquapod770 Aquapod770 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,994
Rep Points: 3164
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

I hated the pick when we took him...(really wanted Earl Thomas but the Seahawks took him before he got to us ) That being said he hasn't lived up to the status of a first round pick. He has shown flashes of greatness at times, but has been very inconsistent overall. At first I thought it was because we weren't using him right, which may be true, but when we have put him in position to make plays...sometimes he has had crucial drops and fumbles. Last weeks game was definitely a positive one for Gresham, and hopefully he will continue to build upon it and reach a more consistent level of play.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-09-2012, 01:12 PM
3wt's Avatar
3wt 3wt is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,230
Rep Points: 3078
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
When you say he has drops (and he has) he has also alligator armed a few and rounded some routes...he hasn't EARNED a bigger role and going down field more.
I mean I think you're right about him not earning the bigger role. But his limited role is not working very well either, and I think we need to exploit his strengths as much as he can. Hopefully more consistent playing time will help him to refine his game.

One of the discouraging tendencies about Marvin is he seems to punish his players for not performing up to par. While I understand the concept I think it may be hurting us more than helping us.
  • He doesn't play Dunlap for whatever - My guess is that he is not a good practice player
  • He doesn't play Sanu very much for apparently the same reason
  • He limits Gresham's snaps because of his mistakes
  • He has unreasonable expectation about Mayes - then takes him off the field entirely because of his (stupid I'll grant you) mistakes

Just seems like we're taking a large portion of our best talent off the field because they're not perfect instead of honing them - not just individually, but as a unit.

I think we need to give them a more consistent opportunity to develope. The only guy he apparently has given a total mulligan to is Tate.

Now THAT's who needs to be benched!

Last edited by 3wt; 11-09-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:16 PM
SHRacerX's Avatar
SHRacerX SHRacerX is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,530
Rep Points: 3412
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
That right there is the root of all the problems with Gresham. He's not a good blocker. Let me repeat that.. He. Is. Not. A. Good. Blocker.

Yet for some reason, the Bengals coaches keep trying to play him like he's Dan Coats or Reggie Kelly. The guy shouldn't be in to block most of the time. That's like keeping Hernandez or Graham in to block. They're not particularly great at it, and it's just a waste of receiving talent. Take a look at these stats for Gresham:

Bengals Win:
2 plays of 20+ yds

Bengals Loss:
3 plays of 20+ yds, 2 plays of 40+ yds

The only time they take shots down the field to Gresham and/or try to get him the ball frequently is later in the game when they're losing. They keep him in to block or just don't get him the ball at all for most of the game, letting him get the crap beaten out of him in blocking for 30-50 minutes of the game, and then suddenly throw the ball at him 5 times on one drive while they're trying to come from behind.

You have to keep a player involved in the game to keep his head involved in the game. The Bengals coaches simply don't know how to keep a TE involved in the gameplan for the entire game, just like they don't know how to defend a TE (I think it's 5 TDs allowed by TEs this year?).. I really think they just are horrible misusing and under-utilizing Gresham.

Does he have some stupid drops? Yes. That doesn't change the fact he's the team's 2nd best receiving threat and has size/speed/talent that should keep him involved in the passing game, not in the blocking game. I also think that even though he looks slow on the field, he's a lot faster than he seems. 6'5" takes some slow long strides, so while he's not looking fast, he covers a lot of ground.. dude's 260lbs. He moves for a man that size.
He may not be a "good" blocker, but he isn't terrible. He has improved and that is part of becoming an All-Pro TE. The flexibility to move him out or have him block is part of what makes a good offense. As far as "looking fast" or not due to a long stride....trust me...he is NOT fast at the games this season. And the whole point of keeping him in and sending Charles out in a pattern is to be unpredictable. Defenses see both of them, they will key on Gresh to go out. He is viewed as a pass-catching TE, not a blocking TE that can catch a pass. Charles has caught everything thrown his way. I would keep giving him opportunities as well as Gresh.
__________________
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Weazzel80 Weazzel80 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 423
Rep Points: 439
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Athletically, he's a beast. But as you say, he lacks passion. Honestly I think he's a bit soft too.
How can you judge the passion of an individual based upon what you see on TV?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,211
Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazzel80 View Post
How can you judge the passion of an individual based upon what you see on TV?

You've never judged marvin's passion from what you've seen on TV?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM
FootballBender FootballBender is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyrule
Posts: 637
Rep Points: 510
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Athletically, he's a beast. But as you say, he lacks passion. Honestly I think he's a bit soft too.
100% agree with you on this. I had high hopes for Gresh this year. Even drafted him on my FF team. Well I let him go when I lost faith in him a long time ago. Just like I'm losing faith with the rest of the season
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,732
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Gresham is the guy who will have a huge year in his contract year, sign a huge contract, then a couple seasons later fans of whatever team will wonder how get got such a large contract.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:56 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,904
Rep Points: 7137
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Gresham is the guy who will have a huge year in his contract year, sign a huge contract, then a couple seasons later fans of whatever team will wonder how get got such a large contract.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/...innati-bengals

Is this a contract year?

Gresham is 2nd in practically every receiving statistic. First downs, yardage, yards per catch (4th), yards after catch, TD, average, 20+ yarders.

Gresham needs to be more consistant, catch the balls thrown to him.

Outside of AJ Green, Gresham will benefit the most when a WR2 steps up.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Truck_1_0_1_'s Avatar
Truck_1_0_1_ Truck_1_0_1_ is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,231
Rep Points: 16345
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/...innati-bengals

Is this a contract year?

Gresham is 2nd in practically every receiving statistic. First downs, yardage, yards per catch (4th), yards after catch, TD, average, 20+ yarders.

Gresham needs to be more consistant, catch the balls thrown to him.

Outside of AJ Green, Gresham will benefit the most when a WR2 steps up.
Exactly.

And his negatives this season have outweighed his positive contributions.

Not worried about Gresh long term, but he has laid a ton of eggs this year.
__________________


Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,732
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/...innati-bengals

Is this a contract year?

Gresham is 2nd in practically every receiving statistic. First downs, yardage, yards per catch (4th), yards after catch, TD, average, 20+ yarders.

Gresham needs to be more consistant, catch the balls thrown to him.

Outside of AJ Green, Gresham will benefit the most when a WR2 steps up.
He was also ranked last on PFF in terms of TE's, drops a lot of passes, goes through the motions blocking, etc.

His stats are a product of not having a #2-caliber and possibly #3-caliber WR on the roster.

I don't see how a #2 WR is going to improve his blocking and concentration...
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM
gardner30's Avatar
gardner30 gardner30 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,901
Rep Points: 4231
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/...innati-bengals

Is this a contract year?

Gresham is 2nd in practically every receiving statistic. First downs, yardage, yards per catch (4th), yards after catch, TD, average, 20+ yarders.

Gresham needs to be more consistant, catch the balls thrown to him.

Outside of AJ Green, Gresham will benefit the most when a WR2 steps up.
I was hoping Gresham would take the next step so developing a 2nd WR wouldn't have to be a priority this year.

If Gresham became a consistent, legitimate receiving threat the 2nd WR in this offense would be a decoy.

Perfect for Jones/Sanu/Whalen/Binns to develop at their own pace instead of now having to rely on serious production from that spot because Gresham can't be the force he was drafted to be.

As Zerk mentioned earlier, he isn't trusted/hasn't earned to be a down field threat.

Hopefully the Denver game will change that.

To me, that is a glimpse of what Gresham could be, and it was GLORIOUS.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,904
Rep Points: 7137
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wt View Post
I mean I think you're right about him not earning the bigger role. But his limited role is not working very well either, and I think we need to exploit his strengths as much as he can. Hopefully more consistent playing time will help him to refine his game.


One of the discouraging tendencies about Marvin is he seems to punish his players for not performing up to par. While I understand the concept I think it may be hurting us more than helping us.
  • He doesn't play Dunlap for whatever - My guess is that he is not a good practice player
  • He doesn't play Sanu very much for apparently the same reason
  • He limits Gresham's snaps because of his mistakes
  • He has unreasonable expectation about Mayes - then takes him off the field entirely because of his (stupid I'll grant you) mistakes
Just seems like we're taking a large portion of our best talent off the field because they're not perfect instead of honing them - not just individually, but as a unit.

I think we need to give them a more consistent opportunity to develope. The only guy he apparently has given a total mulligan to is Tate.

Now THAT's who needs to be benched!
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/11/5...ive-snap-count

Against the Broncos, Dunlap played 38/63 snaps or 60%. I wouldn't qualify this as "not playing Dunlap." Nor would I access that Dunlap's "limited" snaps are because Dunlap doesn't "practice well." It seems to me that the strategy against the Broncos was to stop the run. WTS, Dunlap may not be the best run stopper, so he didn't get the most snaps. I also know that the Bengals want their pass-rushers fresh in the 4th quarter. To accomplish this, it helps if they don't get every snap prior.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/11/5...ver/in/3362377
Gresham played 75/76 snaps against the Broncos. I wouldn't qualify this as "limited".

As for Mays, in my view, Mays earned his "benching". He seems to be a defensive gadget player.

Brandon tate played 65/76 snaps (86%) against the Broncos, but I think that this is more of a function of the Bengals going mostly with 3 WR sets throughout the game. Binns had 6 snaps, Hawkins had 57 snaps, & Sanu had 12. Sanu seems to be more of a slot receiver, so I can understand (in part) why the slot receiver spot was split between Sanu & Hawkins.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,904
Rep Points: 7137
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
He was also ranked last on PFF in terms of TE's, drops a lot of passes, goes through the motions blocking, etc.

His stats are a product of not having a #2-caliber and possibly #3-caliber WR on the roster.

I don't see how a #2 WR is going to improve his blocking and concentration...
Numbers game.

AJ Green gets double-teamed, WR2 gets double teams, Slot gets single coverage, and TE gets single covered.

This is 6 defenders against Green, WR2, slot, & TE. 5 remaining defenders would result in less blitzes, more predicable pass rushes, and less pressure on the QB.

With less QB pressure, then Gresham can be more of a pass-first TE and less block-first.

WTS, he needs to get better at blocking. I agree.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
gardner30's Avatar
gardner30 gardner30 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,901
Rep Points: 4231
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Aren't the Bengals supposed to have 2 near "Elite" Tackles?

Why is Gresham pass blocking all the time?

If you have a physical threat like Gresham wouldn't it be better to chip/block with a RB and send Gresham out in a route?

That's what most good offenses do.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,732
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/11/5...ive-snap-count

Against the Broncos, Dunlap played 38/63 snaps or 60%. I wouldn't qualify this as "not playing Dunlap." Nor would I access that Dunlap's "limited" snaps are because Dunlap doesn't "practice well." It seems to me that the strategy against the Broncos was to stop the run. WTS, Dunlap may not be the best run stopper, so he didn't get the most snaps. I also know that the Bengals want their pass-rushers fresh in the 4th quarter. To accomplish this, it helps if they don't get every snap prior.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/11/5...ver/in/3362377
Gresham played 75/76 snaps against the Broncos. I wouldn't qualify this as "limited".

As for Mays, in my view, Mays earned his "benching". He seems to be a defensive gadget player.

Brandon tate played 65/76 snaps (86%) against the Broncos, but I think that this is more of a function of the Bengals going mostly with 3 WR sets throughout the game. Binns had 6 snaps, Hawkins had 57 snaps, & Sanu had 12. Sanu seems to be more of a slot receiver, so I can understand (in part) why the slot receiver spot was split between Sanu & Hawkins.
They use Dunlap a lot like the Colts used Mathis early in his career. Limit the snaps so he can go full speed and use him a lot on passing situations.

Plus, a guy like Dunlap was labelled as a kind of lazier player in college. I haven't saw one hint of that in the Pros. Maybe it has to do with less snaps which lets him go full steam...Maybe he was just tired in college...
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,732
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner30 View Post
Aren't the Bengals supposed to have 2 near "Elite" Tackles?

Why is Gresham pass blocking all the time?

If you have a physical threat like Gresham wouldn't it be better to chip/block with a RB and send Gresham out in a route?

That's what most good offenses do.
There in lies an interesting question that I've thought about: If Gresham is such a poor pass blocker, why not send him into the routes? Why have him block DE's like Wake?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:41 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,904
Rep Points: 7137
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
There in lies an interesting question that I've thought about: If Gresham is such a poor pass blocker, why not send him into the routes? Why have him block DE's like Wake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner30 View Post
Aren't the Bengals supposed to have 2 near "Elite" Tackles?

Why is Gresham pass blocking all the time?

If you have a physical threat like Gresham wouldn't it be better to chip/block with a RB and send Gresham out in a route?

That's what most good offenses do.
To risk the ire of Truck, perhaps, our near "elite" tackles aren't as elite in pass protection.

The Bronco LB is phenomenal. But, Andre gave up 3 sacks (2 with Von Miller & 1 with Dumervill). Is there a coincidence that Gresham seemed to run more routes on Sunday and our pass protection was suspect at times? Perhaps not.

On a different note, Chris Pressley played 4/76 snaps on Sunday. Does anyone else feel that it is about time for the Bengals to get a WCO FB? I just think that the Bengals need a more dual-threat FB.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:41 PM
gardner30's Avatar
gardner30 gardner30 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,901
Rep Points: 4231
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
There in lies an interesting question that I've thought about: If Gresham is such a poor pass blocker, why not send him into the routes? Why have him block DE's like Wake?
Because the Bengals coaches are stuck in the 90's.

They are not innovators.

Gruden was supposed to be this "Bright, Young OC" but its a lie.

Bright, young OCs don't spend time in the UFL.

Bright, young OCs are developing the TE position into a unstoppable force and finding ways to use the weapons they have.

We keep using the traditional 90's offense.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Hawkins in a Darren Sproles type role?

Or even a Dexter McCluster type role?

The kid has big play ability, find different ways to get him the ball dammit.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:44 PM
gardner30's Avatar
gardner30 gardner30 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,901
Rep Points: 4231
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
To risk the ire of Truck, perhaps, our near "elite" tackles aren't as elite in pass protection.

The Bronco LB is phenomenal. But, Andre gave up 3 sacks (2 with Von Miller & 1 with Dumervill). Is there a coincidence that Gresham seemed to run more routes on Sunday and our pass protection was suspect at times? Perhaps not.

On a different note, Chris Pressley played 4/76 snaps on Sunday. Does anyone else feel that it is about time for the Bengals to get a WCO FB? I just think that the Bengals need a more dual-threat FB.
Does Pressley have trouble catching the ball?

I've seen Andy throw it to him once and Pressley caught it.

The personnel won't matter if the scheme doesn't change for the personnel.

A WCO FB wouldn't get used here either.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,904
Rep Points: 7137
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner30 View Post
Because the Bengals coaches are stuck in the 90's.

They are not innovators.

Gruden was supposed to be this "Bright, Young OC" but its a lie.

Bright, young OCs don't spend time in the UFL.

Bright, young OCs are developing the TE position into a unstoppable force and finding ways to use the weapons they have.

We keep using the traditional 90's offense.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Hawkins in a Darren Sproles type role?

Or even a Dexter McCluster type role?

The kid has big play ability, find different ways to get him the ball dammit.
This may be a bit harsh and off.

Pressley had hardly an snaps on Sunday. The Bengals were pretty much in a 3 WR set all game against the Broncos.

Hawkins is a "midget." Is this why there have been so many batted down balls?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,732
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
To risk the ire of Truck, perhaps, our near "elite" tackles aren't as elite in pass protection.

The Bronco LB is phenomenal. But, Andre gave up 3 sacks (2 with Von Miller & 1 with Dumervill). Is there a coincidence that Gresham seemed to run more routes on Sunday and our pass protection was suspect at times? Perhaps not.

On a different note, Chris Pressley played 4/76 snaps on Sunday. Does anyone else feel that it is about time for the Bengals to get a WCO FB? I just think that the Bengals need a more dual-threat FB.
Why couldn't Leonard be used as a fullback in certain situations?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,904
Rep Points: 7137
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner30 View Post
Does Pressley have trouble catching the ball?

I've seen Andy throw it to him once and Pressley caught it.

The personnel won't matter if the scheme doesn't change for the personnel.

A WCO FB wouldn't get used here either.
I don't think that a WCO FB wouldn't get used here either.

Any thoughts on why the Bengals can't successfully execute a screen pass to a RB?

They haven't (seemingly) attempted all year, and when they tried against the Broncos, it was a night mare.

Is it Dalton? He gets passes knocked down attempting to get the ball to Hawkins. And the RB screen game was a nightmare.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,732
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner30 View Post
Because the Bengals coaches are stuck in the 90's.

They are not innovators.

Gruden was supposed to be this "Bright, Young OC" but its a lie.

Bright, young OCs don't spend time in the UFL.

Bright, young OCs are developing the TE position into a unstoppable force and finding ways to use the weapons they have.

We keep using the traditional 90's offense.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Hawkins in a Darren Sproles type role?

Or even a Dexter McCluster type role?

The kid has big play ability, find different ways to get him the ball dammit.
IF they used Gresham like the Patriots use Gronkowski or Hernandez...we wouldn't be desperate to add a #2 WR...and I think Sanu, Jones, Binns, Tate, and Hawkins would be adequate.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,732
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I don't think that a WCO FB wouldn't get used here either.

Any thoughts on why the Bengals can't successfully execute a screen pass to a RB?

They haven't (seemingly) attempted all year, and when they tried against the Broncos, it was a night mare.

Is it Dalton? He gets passes knocked down attempting to get the ball to Hawkins. And the RB screen game was a nightmare.
The other team seems to sniff it out so easily when they do. I see other teams like the Steelers pick up a lot of yards on them.

Some of the Bengals tendencies are predictable. Like when they are going to run they bring the TE in motion and have him stop by the tackle. It's obvious.

Maybe they have some sort of tell for screens?

I'll watch closer this week.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,904
Rep Points: 7137
Default Re: Gresham and the Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Why couldn't Leonard be used as a fullback in certain situations?
Idk. Leonard is 225 lbs. Pressley is 260 lbs. Maybe Leonard is too poor at run blocking to be effective in a 2 back set. Again, I just don't know.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.