Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770
Default some form of justice

Quote:
The NFL has fined the Steelers $35,000 and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders $15,000 for his faking an injury in a Week 7 win against the Bengals, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Friday.
via ESPN's ******** AFCN blog

we were clearly outplayed and outcoached, and i wouldn't ever say this legitimatizes putting an asterisk on the game, but... seriously. an extra timeout.

this was bogus as **** and i'm happy as hell to see both Sanders and the team fined.

another moral victory for my team that seems to prefer moral victories to real ones

Last edited by Lygraf; 11-09-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: some form of justice

ghey but most teams do it..i'm sure someone is going to come in and put the epic fail .gif of this when 2 players fell down at the same time lol. miscommunication on who was supposed to fake the injury...bahaha.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17603

lol. What a terrible faker. Joe Nash was ashamed.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13399

Simpson vs. Browns.....enough said.

Besides the steelers were just taking that time out that they tried earlier when the refs told them they couldn't.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Simpson vs. Browns.....enough said.
not really enough said, but i did consider that

jerome pulled a flag out of his *** alone. sanders dropped like a sack of potatoes without even being touched, and his team endorsed it.

it's not the same, at all. at least i don't think so.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
not really enough said, but i did consider that

jerome pulled a flag out of his *** alone. sanders dropped like a sack of potatoes without even being touched, and his team endorsed it.

it's not the same, at all. at least i don't think so.
I must look at it differently. Under the same sort of logic the league should have fined him also. Not saying the Steelers shouldn't have been but fair is fair right?

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I must look at it differently. Under the same sort of logic the league should have fined him also. Not saying the Steelers shouldn't have been but fair is fair right?
fine him? ABSOLUTELY. i'm actually not sure whether he was or not, i'm too lazy to look it up

but the bengals wouldn't have been fined - that's the difference, and that's what ****** me off about it: it was purposely done by the team, and then they went on the record backing him.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
fine him? ABSOLUTELY. i'm actually not sure whether he was or not, i'm too lazy to look it up

but the bengals wouldn't have been fined - that's the difference, and that's what ****** me off about it: it was purposely done by the team, and then they went on the record backing him.
I don't know he could have gotten a cramp. It did look fishy as hell I agree. Besides they
Were ripped off a time out earlier. Luckily the Bengals D ***** and couldn't defend the 2 point

Edit: I didn't look it up either but I assume he didn't because there was not a huge uproar here.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9353

Quote:
You're trying to rationalize it with a game that happened last season, a player who isn't on our team anymore, and it was against the Browns not the Steelers.

Just stop it.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
You're trying to rationalize it with a game that happened last season, a player who isn't on our team anymore, and it was against the Browns not the Steelers.

Just stop it.
Lol I'm not trying to "rationalize" anything. It was an example of a similar infraction. Who care what year, player, or opponent it was?

Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
I don't know he could have gotten a cramp. It did look fishy as hell I agree. Besides they
Were ripped off a time out earlier. Luckily the Bengals D ***** and couldn't defend the 2 point

Edit: I didn't look it up either but I assume he didn't because there was not a huge uproar here.
Meh,at the end of the day,it didn't make any difference at all. It didn't wind up affecting the outcome,so I'm not terribly worked up about it. At the same time,it is a shining example of a totally classless organization endorsing it's players to use any sort of underhanded tactics to win.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2834

Hah! I can say with pride that Cincy doesn't have to fake being lame.