Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4101
Default Re: No sellout, not even an extention hahaha Worthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
No you don't, you get no early game
Yes we do. Bengals on FOX. FOX has the DH. WXIX 19 is blacking out the 1:00 game, which means WKRC 12 has to show a 1:00 game. Here is a website which shows what Cincinnati is getting this week, and you can clearly see the 1:00 FOX game is indeed blacked out.

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html

BTW, I did e-mail FOX 19 to confirm they are not showing a 1:00 game. They replied back and said yes.

Last edited by SurvivorMatt; 11-09-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2646

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlotharw View Post
Exactly right, we in the Greater Cincinnati area are sent to our room with out NFL football. Another well-deserved spanking for this unappreciative, sorry fan base. We are so bad we are naughty. We have one option chili-eaters - get out to PBS and watch our beloved Bengals collapse in the 4th quarter.

No you can stream the game-the other choice......

Ian
Old 11-09-2012, 04:10 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4It View Post
Yes we do. Bengals on FOX. FOX has the DH. WXIX 19 is blacking out the 1:00 game, which means WKRC 12 has to show a 1:00 game. Here is a website which shows what Cincinnati is getting this week, and you can clearly see the 1:00 FOX game is indeed blacked out.

BTW, I did e-mail FOX 19 to confirm they are not showing a 1:00 game. They replied back and said yes.
No opposing games
Another policy to encourage sellouts, is that no other NFL game can air opposite the local club's broadcast on the primary market's affiliate due to NFL rules.
If a local club's broadcast is at home in the early game of a doubleheader, the other network (which shows the single game) may only show a game during the late time slot.
If a local club's broadcast is at home in the late game of a doubleheader, the other network (which shows the single game) may only show a game during the early time slot.
If a local club is playing at home, and the broadcast is shown by the single game network, the other network (which shows the doubleheader) may only air one game in that market; either early or late (the slot which the local club is not playing).
If a local club is playing away, and the broadcast is shown by the single game network, the other network (which shows the doubleheader) may air both of their games.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4It View Post

I'm more shocked at how most of the country has the Giants/Bengals game and the Falcons/Saints is only viewable in the southeast, if the average football fan had to choose which one of these games to watch with no allegiance to any team I would think the 8-0 Falcons would be more compelling to watch than the Giants or Bengals but fox thinks everyone wants to watch the Giants
Old 11-09-2012, 04:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
I'm more shocked at how most of the country has the Giants/Bengals game and the Falcons/Saints is only viewable in the southeast, if the average football fan had to choose which one of these games to watch with no allegiance to any team I would think the 8-0 Falcons would be more compelling to watch than the Giants or Bengals but fox thinks everyone wants to watch the Giants
New York is the biggest market.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
New York is the biggest market.
I never said it shouldnt be on there, of course they would have the game on in New York as they would in any market of a team that's playing, but they're showing it in 3/4 of the entire country where everyone would be generally neutral to

and I stand corrected, more stations switched off of the Bengals game for others

San Diego CA; Wichita KS; Cape Girardeau MO; St. Joseph MO; Bowling Green KY; Jackson TN; Dayton OH; Lexington KY: NYG-CIN to ATL-NO
Chico CA: ATL-NO to NYG-CIN
all Montana stations; Fort Wayne IN; Twin Falls ID: NYG-CIN to DET-MIN
Cincinnati: NYG-CIN to NONE (Bengals blacked out)
Old 11-09-2012, 04:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
I never said it shouldnt be on there, of course they would have the game on in New York as they would in any market of a team that's playing, but they're showing it in 3/4 of the entire country where everyone would be generally neutral to

and I stand corrected, more stations switched off of the Bengals game for others

San Diego CA; Wichita KS; Cape Girardeau MO; St. Joseph MO; Bowling Green KY; Jackson TN; Dayton OH; Lexington KY: NYG-CIN to ATL-NO
Chico CA: ATL-NO to NYG-CIN
all Montana stations; Fort Wayne IN; Twin Falls ID: NYG-CIN to DET-MIN
Cincinnati: NYG-CIN to NONE (Bengals blacked out)
I guess they think there's a lot of Giants fans out there? Personally, I find the Giants rather boring. Eli is overrated, and always will be because his last name is Manning and the Giants D plays lights out in the playoffs.

When the Bengals are blacked out, these are the teams I like to watch:

1. Steelers (to cheer against them)
2. Lions (my Wife's team)
3. Redskins (RGIII is exciting to watch)
4. Any of the good teams. (Packers, Pats, Falcons etc).
Old 11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I guess they think there's a lot of Giants fans out there? Personally, I find the Giants rather boring. Eli is overrated, and always will be because his last name is Manning and the Giants D plays lights out in the playoffs.

oh I'm not complaining about either team, I was just saying with the Falcons/Saints game on at the same time I would be more interested in that if I didnt care for any team that played at 1 and with the Falcons at 8-0 I'm surprised fox confined that to only the Southeast

I have nothing against the Giants myself, personally it's the Eagles and Cowboys I cant stand, the Eagles for their fans complaining so much they get recognized by nfl network among others and the Cowboys I cant stand mostly because of Romo throws away too many games
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7657
bengals Re: No sellout, not even an extention hahaha Worthless

Quote:

I am actually a bit of a Bucs fan, I think Freeman will be part of the next generation of elite QBs and have been a pretty big fan of him since he came into the league, and a Doug Martin fan too.

Steelers are always fun to cheer against, but I also like to watch the Rams too. They have one of my favorite RBs in Jackson, as well as Laurinaitis, and my favorite CB in the league in Finnegan.

Liked watched the Cowboys when they had Marion Barber III, dude ran like a monster.. but now they're pretty meh.

0-5 Postseason, 7-18 Prime Time, 93-90-1 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcat454545 View Post
Bengals Blacked out for the ones that care to know. This franchise is a joke!!
I'll second that!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 619

Not to be a ****, but there are other teams in this general vicinity that care about their fans and winning.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-10-2012, 12:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
No opposing games
Another policy to encourage sellouts, is that no other NFL game can air opposite the local club's broadcast on the primary market's affiliate due to NFL rules.
If a local club's broadcast is at home in the early game of a doubleheader, the other network (which shows the single game) may only show a game during the late time slot.
If a local club's broadcast is at home in the late game of a doubleheader, the other network (which shows the single game) may only show a game during the early time slot.
If a local club is playing at home, and the broadcast is shown by the single game network, the other network (which shows the doubleheader) may only air one game in that market; either early or late (the slot which the local club is not playing).
If a local club is playing away, and the broadcast is shown by the single game network, the other network (which shows the doubleheader) may air both of their games.

You can check this website for yourself and it will clearly show you the CBS map has been updated to show Cincy is indeed getting the Ravens game.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
This is why I love where I live. (And maybe the only reason.) Halfway downstream between The Nati, and The Ville.

WDRB(HD) - FOX 41 - Sunday 1:00 PM - Giants vs Bengals
So your point is you get to watch the Bengals lose?
Old 11-10-2012, 06:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
No opposing games
You can send Local 12 an e-mail at programming@local12.com or call them directly at 513-763-5500 and they can explain why they are indeed airing the Ravens game. If you call them, be sure to say you have a programming question as it relates to NFL coverage.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

I am sure some people will enjoy watching Carson again?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan6147 View Post
So your point is you get to watch the Bengals lose?
And your point is, that being a Bengals fan, you wouldn't watch the game if you had the option? I don't have to explain my point. But I'm going to.

I'm a Bengals fan. When they play, I watch. When they lose, I complain, and then go on with my week. Same as if they win.

Please, do yourself a HUGE favor, and don't start with the crap that because I'm getting to see the game, and am going to watch it, that I'm making Mike Brown richer.

I stated I was glad I get to watch the game. Win, or lose.

So the answer to your question sunshine, is no.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:23 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41165

It is alright, game isn't going to be worth watching anyway.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20094

What is sad is that right after the half-way point going up against the Super Bowl champs, and less than a year than playing a game in the playoffs, there is already a blackout. If that doesn't send a message to the front-office (if they really care that is), I dont know what would. But if they would lose their 5th in a row, I'd have no problem if 100 fans went to the rest of the games. Well other than having the problem of being a fan of a team that has 100 fans at their games.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
What is sad is that right after the half-way point going up against the Super Bowl champs, and less than a year than playing a game in the playoffs, there is already a blackout. If that doesn't send a message to the front-office (if they really care that is), I dont know what would. But if they would lose their 5th in a row, I'd have no problem if 100 fans went to the rest of the games. Well other than having the problem of being a fan of a team that has 100 fans at their games.
Well Millz, what's your feelings about me watching the game, in my living room, because I have the FOX affiliate out of Louisville. Am I a part of the problem, putting money in MB's pocket? It appears I'm committing some form of treason, just because I'm going to watch the game, and I'm glad about it. Should I watch something else on purpose? I'm just as disgruntled with this team and the crap as anyone, but I'm still a fan, not an ostrich. I'll be damned if I'm just going to bury my head in the sand and ignore the teams existence.

Last edited by RumbleCat; 11-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2724

I thought about taking my Dad for his Birthday.

He told me not to waste the money and that 20$ was fine.

I can't see us selling out unless we bring chad back to buy half the tickets or we start winning and looking like a team that wants to win.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2776

I finally bought tickets this year to a game and now I'm wondering if I will go. I know that's fair weather fan attidude but it's going to cost us 700-800 dollars for the trip and I don't know if it's worth it now. Maybe we will go somewhere warm instead. Mike already has my money though.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
I finally bought tickets this year to a game and now I'm wondering if I will go. I know that's fair weather fan attidude but it's going to cost us 700-800 dollars for the trip and I don't know if it's worth it now. Maybe we will go somewhere warm instead. Mike already has my money though.
worth the money and drive to watch carson lose.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20094

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Well Millz, what's your feelings about me watching the game, in my living room, because I have the FOX affiliate out of Louisville. Am I a part of the problem, putting money in MB's pocket? It appears I'm committing some form of treason, just because I'm going to watch the game, and I'm glad about it. Should I watch something else on purpose? I'm just as disgruntled with this team and the crap as anyone, but I'm still a fan, not an ostrich. I'll be damned if I'm just going to bury my head in the sand and ignore the teams existence.

My feeling is that as a fan, you should be watching them regardless if they stink or not. I am going to watch the game too (via vipboxsports tho ). But when it comes to fans deciding not to go to games because they dont want to spend the money involved with that ie tickets, gas, parking, food, drink & whatnot, then those fans have every right to not go so to speak.

And for anyone out there that wants to boycott the Bengals so MB doesnt make money of it, then they should boycott every single NFL game on t.v. including the playoffs and the Super Bowl, and advocate every other Bengals fan to do the same. MB will in some part be making money off of all that due to the revenue sharing. But all in all if they have a problem with other fans watching them on tv, well, they are simply an idiot.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
My feeling is that as a fan, you should be watching them regardless if they stink or not. I am going to watch the game too (via vipboxsports tho ). But when it comes to fans deciding not to go to games because they dont want to spend the money involved with that ie tickets, gas, parking, food, drink & whatnot, then those fans have every right to not go so to speak.

And for anyone out there that wants to boycott the Bengals so MB doesnt make money of it, then they should boycott every single NFL game on t.v. including the playoffs and the Super Bowl, and advocate every other Bengals fan to do the same. MB will in some part be making money off of all that due to the revenue sharing. But all in all if they have a problem with other fans watching them on tv, well, they are simply an idiot.
Thanks buddy, I feel a lot less like a traitor for simply being glad I get to see the game. I've NEVER been to a game, and only own a few T-Shirts, and a hoodie, so I haven't given him much money, anyway. Don't misunderstand me, if I could afford to, I'd go. I want to see one NFL game before I check out.

But for people to pop off because I'm glad I'm going to be able to see it on television, well they need to get a grip. I like football, and even if they lose, I still like football. There are a couple of people in this thread that got me worked up, and one of them has done it before in another section. And to the both of them:
Old 11-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
Send me one, I'll go. Never been to a game.