Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27593
Default Re: Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
What stinks even more is I doubt Dalton will ever have a real running game.
We haven't had a good RB since Rudi left. We've only been top 15 in rushing one time since 2005.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Originally Posted by shake n blake View Post
we haven't had a good rb since rudi left. We've only been top 15 in rushing one time since 2005.
word
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
We haven't had a good RB since Rudi left. We've only been top 15 in rushing one time since 2005.
So true.

I really hope we draft a stud back. We can't always get screwed with injuries. We all know the names.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatnku24 View Post
So true.

I really hope we draft a stud back. We can't always get screwed with injuries. We all know the names.
What stinks is that from what I'm hearing, this is a weak class of RBs coming up. The top RBs won't go until the 2nd round.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Yes, log it.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:17 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
What stinks is that from what I'm hearing, this is a weak class of RBs coming up. The top RBs won't go until the 2nd round.
this may not be a bad thing, the Raiders are giving us their 2nd rounder (Thanks Palmer) and that would appear to be a top 10 in the 2nd round in addition to the Bengals own pick that could be in the same range leaving the 1st rounder to be used on someone actually worth taking for where the Bengals would be picking instead of reaching out of desperation when they could do just as well to take a back in the 2nd with either pick

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-09-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149
bengals Re: Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
First of all.....

and Secondly....

If you're gonna ***** and moan about Dalton over his record, then you better have a comparison directly linked to Dalton that's equal or better than him and in the only instances that you could compare his record, you still come up short in many ways

Dalton is 12-12 since the beginning of last season is still better than Carson Palmer's 7-10 so the hindsight at QB doesn't work for you there either

the only people comparable to Dalton at this stage of his career are the QB's who were drafted in the same year as him and you wanted to complain abput his record but you've embarrassed yourself there yet again because nobody in his draft class has as many wins, had a winning season or been to the playoffs

Andy Dalton 12-12
Christian Ponder 7-12
Cam Newton 8-16
Blaine Gabbert 5-18
Jake Locker 1-4

your analysis in the present isn't very good and what basis or success have you had to convince anyone that you can predict anything now let alone a future?
Plus you have to take the fact that andy plays agained some of the best defenses in the N.F.L 2 times a year... And he has 3 new guys up front on the oline .... Rookies on the field every where....And we are still in every game .....You are just lost when t come to whats goimg on...... Some of the bengal fans dont understand theres alot of new things going on right now with the bengals .....Every thing has to come together .....Where not a bad team ...We really aint... New running back new oline... new W.Rs new corners..new saftys new coaches ...1 year old offense play book...Its alot to ask to just have all this stuff just be perfect from day 1...Dont you think ....Give it a lil time and you will see it all come together....Trust me we are almost there
Old 11-10-2012, 02:40 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
Plus you have to take the fact that andy plays agained some of the best defenses in the N.F.L 2 times a year... And he has 3 new guys up front on the oline .... Rookies on the field every where....And we are still in every game .....You are just lost when t come to whats goimg on...... Some of the bengal fans dont understand theres alot of new things going on right now with the bengals .....Every thing has to come together .....Where not a bad team ...We really aint... New running back new oline... new W.Rs new corners..new saftys new coaches ...1 year old offense play book...Its alot to ask to just have all this stuff just be perfect from day 1...Dont you think ....Give it a lil time and you will see it all come together....Trust me we are almost there
I wasn't the one putting down Dalton I showed how he's been the best quarterback of his draft class to this day and the other guy thinks AJ McCarron who wont start in the nfl will be the 2nd overall pick in the draft next year
Old 12-13-2012, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779

With the completion of Week 14 (game 13), quarterback Dalton has accumulated a 16-13 regular season record and a playoff loss, thus the reappearance of "Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton". Quarterback Dalton exemplefies mediocrity.

His record of 0-3 against the Baltimore Ravens, 0-3 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, destructibve losses to the Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys only amplifies the cry of medocrity.

With Alabama`s AJ McCarron remaing in college football and University of Southern California`s Matt Barkley receiving "a separated shoulder injury to his throwing shoulder " and hence very damaged goods, the only future left to break the Cincinnati Bengals out of the medocrity at the quarterback position would be the future drafting of University of Southern California quarterback Max Wittak.

The medocrity of quarterback Dalton would provide enough wins (a predicted 7-9 in 2012 and 6-10 in 2013 to keep the Cincinnati Bengals out of contention for Wittak hence the reappearance of "Stuck with Quarterback Andy Dalton".
Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
With the completion of Week 14 (game 13), quarterback Dalton has accumulated a 16-13 regular season record and a playoff loss, thus the reappearance of "Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton". Quarterback Dalton exemplefies mediocrity.

His record of 0-3 against the Baltimore Ravens, 0-3 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, destructibve losses to the Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys only amplifies the cry of medocrity.

With Alabama`s AJ McCarron remaing in college football and University of Southern California`s Matt Barkley receiving "a separated shoulder injury to his throwing shoulder " and hence very damaged goods, the only future left to break the Cincinnati Bengals out of the medocrity at the quarterback position would be the future drafting of University of Southern California quarterback Max Wittak.

The medocrity of quarterback Dalton would provide enough wins (a predicted 7-9 in 2012 and 6-10 in 2013 to keep the Cincinnati Bengals out of contention for Wittak hence the reappearance of "Stuck with Quarterback Andy Dalton".
Gee I thought your prediction was 6-10 for 2012. But you were wrong, and will be wrong again tonight, and next week. You are a complete moron and should just leave.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13997

Quote:

'What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 12-13-2012, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:

Old 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3614

Quote:

If you are going to post stuff like this at least make it believable Wittak seriously? I would trade a 3rd and 5th to San Fransisco for Alex Smith first.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 232

Quote:
Well, that's a free RB in second draft thanks to Carson! We'll take it!

Although now that our OL is opening up gaping holes, maybe BJGE is enough at the moment?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11344

God damn the trolls are out in force this week.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2290

the best part about this thread is the OP is on my ignore list so i don't actually have to read any of the content that makes it trollish.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Quote:
Yes, log it.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9218

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
God damn the trolls are out in force this week.
One loss and "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

I'm not saying I liked that loss. It was aweful the way it happened, but you could just sense, from the start of the game coverage to the very end, the murder/suicide of two weeks ago and the death of the Cowboys NT the couple days prior was really hanging over the atmosphere. It seemed like our guys weren't focused at all.

I almost knew things weren't going to go well by the vibe and expressions I saw pregame.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
Gee I thought your prediction was 6-10 for 2012. But you were wrong, and will be wrong again tonight, and next week. You are a complete moron and should just leave.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I don't understand how he doesn't get banned.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:39 PM

Rep Points: 17

Quote:
It looks like the Cincinnati Bengals will be stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton til at least the 2013 National Football League draft (providing the Cincinnati Bengals finish the 2012 National Football League season 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, these records should assure of the number draft pick and the selection of Matt Barkley).

Quarterback Dalton has proved to the fans of the Cincinnati Bengals that average can excite and that mediocre (9-7 and a playoff loss) can promote the unrealistic talk of "elite: and "playoff wins".

My opinion that the Cincinnati Bengals should trade the 2 first round picks in 2012 and the first round pick in 2013 to Indianpolis for Andrew Luck is a strategy loaded with misconceptions. The first round pick is valued at 3000 points and pick 17 and 21 would only add up to about 1500 and the 2013 first round is up in the air, contolled by quarterback Dalton to a greate extent.

Even the trade with the St. Louis Rams for Robert Griffin III would be unrealistic given the value of the second pick (2800 - 2700).

So there is only one option but to fortify the positions that surround quarterback Dalton and hope that mediocre (a position that during the Coach Lewis era is standartd operating procedure) will placate the Bengal fans starved for a playoff win.
He's in his 2nd year, let's see how it plays out there genius
Old 12-13-2012, 02:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21280

I would say the Bengals haven't had a good back here since Dillon.

Rudi was a bit above average, but he had a great o-line blocking for him along with a solid passing game with threats like Ocho, Housh, and Henery.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 49
Thumbs down Re: Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton

this thread is down right absurd. Andy Dalton has done WAY better than anyone thought he would.. meaning OVERACHIEVED. Anyone complaining about Dalton at this stage of his career dont know **** about football. I am glad we are "stuck" with Dalton.

oh, and if the recievers would have been catching the money throws from Dalton the Cowboys game woulda ended up as a W.. but i guess the trolls only see the stats that help there god forsaken nonsence they spew.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post

I would say the Bengals haven't had a good back here since Dillon.

Rudi was a bit above average, but he had a great o-line blocking for him along with a solid passing game with threats like Ocho, Housh, and Henery.
I think that's semantics. Whatever you think of the RB himself, the whole offense has to play well to have good performances. I think his point was "We haven't had a good running game since Rudi left."

I do think Rudi was really underappreciated, but I think Dillon for a time was historically great. I was still relatively young so I don't remember what I thought of Dillon at the time, but I think it was similar to how I currently feel about AJ.

Also I have a holographic souvenir cup because of Corey. Rudi never did that for me.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUberHuber View Post
this thread is down right absurd. Andy Dalton has done WAY better than anyone thought he would.. meaning OVERACHIEVED. Anyone complaining about Dalton at this stage of his career dont know **** about football. I am glad we are "stuck" with Dalton.

oh, and if the recievers would have been catching the money throws from Dalton the Cowboys game woulda ended up as a W.. but i guess the trolls only see the stats that help there god forsaken nonsence they spew.
Amen. While there are certainly better qbs out there, and Andy may never be considered elite, we can win with him. I think he is doing fine for a 2nd year qb. Let's judge him once he has a more complete team around him. There are several teams out there that would be happy to have him.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6314

This thread is silly indeed.

Andy is doing it with one reliable WR and a spotty running game. If you want a better gauge on Andy look at what happened when Sanu finally got significant snaps. Don't underestimate the impact something as mundane as a possession receiver can have on an offense.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

you are a blatant liar and anything you think or say has no credibility to it you geriatric fart, you literally called out a 6-10 season and now you think you can change it to 7-9? you're the same person who called AJ McCarron the first pick of this draft and now you think you're such an expert to evaluate what some freshman at USC is gonna do playing only 1 game? you don't deserve second chances and you dont deserve to be a fan of this team, compared to Mike Brown's handling of the franchise, your opinions are an embarrassment

Quote:
By the end of the 2012 National Football League season, quartreback Andy Dalton will have a record of 14-18 and a playoff loss and the 2013 National Football League season will have a record of 6-10......giving quarterback Dalton a overall record of 20-28 and a playoff loss.
Quote:
(a predicted 7-9 in 2012 and 6-10 in 2013 to keep the Cincinnati Bengals out of contention for Wittak hence the reappearance of "Stuck with Quarterback Andy Dalton".