Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: In the remaining season, the Bengals will win
3 or less games. 44 57.14%
4 or more games. 33 42.86%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2012, 11:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18549
Default Re: 3.5 wins for the rest of the season. Over or Under?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
I see us beating KC, Oakland, Dallas and either the Steelers or Ravens in an upset.

We also have the opportunity to beat San Diego and Philly.
We seem to have a hard time with the Chiefs. And KC is a tough place to play. Don't their fans come out in force no matter their record? And they will make it a slugfest, and we don't win a lot of those. Win or lose, it will be ugly.

Oakland seems like a win because Carson Palmer might be a bit too amped for this one and he doesn't play his best ball that way. If he stays in the pocket, we should be able to sack him. The alternative for Oakland is a quick passing game and that's not CP's forte. But we're not good against the pass, so I could see this going either way. They could bust a couple long ones. Our chances go up from being here, not so much for home field advantage, but because it's not out on the west coast.

I think the Chargers are powder puffs, but it is out there. Advantage Bolts. Not insurmountable, but it makes it a lot tougher. I think we'll score against them, but what will the defense do? I don't think it'll be a win, but I don't call it out of the question.

The Eagles have some good weapons. And running QB's--we don't always do that well against them. I think, all in all, we have a pretty good shot against them. A win in a shootout.

That's the thing about the Bengals, that whole box of chocolate thing.

Steelers--loss. Now way around it. Can't stop their offense. We win the first half, they win the game. Same old formula. We've done better in Pittsburgh, but that was Carson Palmer that did better there. Marvin usually gets outcoached against them.

The Ravens comes down to where they stand. Like others have said, it's a win if the Ravens sit their starters. Now we can't stop their offense either.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:59 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 277

KC, Oakland, and Dallas for sure. But Ravens and Steelers would be a huge upset for the team. And gain them momentum and respect!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
Under, 6 - 10 mark it down. We're going nowhere with our Head Clown.
and what makes Romeo Crennel, Norv Turner, Jason Garrett and Andy Reid any better than Lewis at this point? Crennel is 1-6, Turner hasnt beaten a team with more than 1 win this year and lost in Cleveland as well, take your pick on Jason Garrett botching playcalling late in the 4th the last 2 years and Andy Reid makes Marvin Lewis look secure by comparison with his own teams fans right now, because it's very noticable anytime they talk Eagles on nfl network

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkd View Post
You guys sure are optimistic. I've had tickets since the first stadium opened. The Bengals may win one more game if the Ravens have made the playoffs by the last game. We never win in Kansas or against the chargers and we always lose the games we should win. So i predict 4-12 season and Marvin keeps his job. Thanks Mike!
where do you get we never win in Kansas City? we havent played there since 2007 and we won the season opener there in 2006

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-10-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
every last one of my pennies on the over.

i don't care what anyone says. it's not too late to get hot and make a run.

we've proven we can compete with big teams - we're either going to start finishing those games, or start looking for another HC in the offseason. watching the 4th quarter against pittsburgh was like watching the team slowly walk into a ****ing sword.

marv's sofa is going to start getting warmer if we fumble another winnable game. i've had his back season in and out, but even i'm getting sick of this.

"we've proven we can compete with big teams"

And exactly where is this "proof"??

We have not beat a team with a winning record since last year and that was only 1 team (the titans) who only went 9-7 i believe and didnt even make the playoffs. If we dont beat a winning team this year that will be only one win in two seasons against a winning team,,,so again where is this "proof" you speak of?

Brown isnt going to fire Marv he still has another year or two on contract.

The ONLY possible way i can see brown canning marv is if the stadium becomes extremely empty and people are protesting out in the lot with fire marvin signs, and even then i think brown out of stubborness and spite would keep him.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanevans View Post
We play pretty damn well with our backs to the wall...most of the time. Going with 4 wins, though I hope it's more

Apparently not this year we dont.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
And exactly where is this "proof"??

We have not beat a team with a winning record since last year and that was only 1 team (the titans) who only went 9-7 i believe and didnt even make the playoffs. If we dont beat a winning team this year that will be only one win in two seasons against a winning team,,,so again where is this "proof" you speak of?
the box score? those points don't get there on their own. we've been in every game but one.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
and what makes Romeo Crennel, Norv Turner, Jason Garrett and Andy Reid any better than Lewis at this point? Crennel is 1-6, Turner hasnt beaten a team with more than 1 win this year and lost in Cleveland as well, take your pick on Jason Garrett botching playcalling late in the 4th the last 2 years and Andy Reid makes Marvin Lewis look secure by comparison with his own teams fans right now, because it's very noticable anytime they talk Eagles on nfl network

where do you get we never win in Kansas City? we havent played there since 2007 and we won the season opener there in 2006
Dont' know ? But I know what makes Lewis worse. None of them has been on a team for 10 seasons without ever putting together back to back winnings seasons or a playoff win !

We have a total of 2 wins against teams with final winnings records in the past three seasons !
Old 11-10-2012, 01:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14676

Quote:
the box score? those points don't get there on their own. we've been in every game but one.
Now there's something to hang your hat on. Sorry fans for going 6 - 10 again and totally stinking. But hey we were in every game !
Old 11-10-2012, 01:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18782

Quote:
While I agree that we have kept every game close and have had some unfortunate breaks, I don't consider not being blown out every week as proof that we can hang with the big dogs.

The fact of the matter is Dalton has 1 career win against a team that ended up being a team with a winning record. That was Tennessee last year. Not exactly a powerhouse.

I'm going to withhold my judgement until we actually defeat a playoff team.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 11-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
Now there's something to hang your hat on. Sorry fans for going 6 - 10 again and totally stinking. But hey we were in every game !
Your sarcasm is so innovative and refreshing. It blows my mind.

I stand by my word. Over.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 42851

Quote:
The majority of NFL games are one-possession decisions, as the talent level doesn't vary all that greatly from team to team. The difference is in the coaching and leadership, the teams that have it know how to win those close games, the ones that don't, do not.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 673

I see 3 wins possibly 4 as realistic. But 6-10 season is most likely at this point. I picked 4 only out of blind luck we have a ball bounce our way for once for a win.

Another top 10 draft pick is looming on the horizon.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19786

I said 8-8 before the season began, with a +/- 2 as tops or bottom. Right now gotta go with the 6-10, and I just hope we can hit 6-10 based on these last 4 losses in a row.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-10-2012, 03:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I see 3 wins possibly 4 as realistic. But 6-10 season is most likely at this point. I picked 4 only out of blind luck we have a ball bounce our way for once for a win.

Another top 10 draft pick is looming on the horizon.

I just hope it is a skill player, and on offense at that.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown

Old 11-10-2012, 03:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
No running back is worth that pick this year and the only running backs picked that high that have been as good as advertised have been Adrian Peterson 5 years ago and Trent Richardson this year, I doubt anyone that good enough is available next year only a year after Richardson

Fortunately thanks to Carson Palmer we're probably looking at a Top 10 pick in the 2nd round where the runningbacks are expected to be taken and we wouldnt have to reach to get one
Old 11-10-2012, 03:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27410

Quote:
If we have a chance at Te'o, I think we should take him. Even if we pick 5-10. I doubt we take a WR that high after taking Sanu and Jones this year. I'd rather not have a JJ/Leon situation at WR either. As for RB, Lattimore was the only 1st round prospect at RB and he shredded his knee, so the top RBs will be going in the 2nd round. Hopefully we take one with our Carson pick.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
No running back is worth that pick this year and the only running backs picked that high that have been as good as advertised have been Adrian Peterson 5 years ago and Trent Richardson this year, I doubt anyone that good enough is available next year only a year after Richardson

Fortunately thanks to Carson Palmer we're probably looking at a Top 10 pick in the 2nd round where the runningbacks are expected to be taken and we wouldnt have to reach to get one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
If we have a chance at Te'o, I think we should take him. Even if we pick 5-10. I doubt we take a WR that high after taking Sanu and Jones this year. I'd rather not have a JJ/Leon situation at WR either. As for RB, Lattimore was the only 1st round prospect at RB and he shredded his knee, so the top RBs will be going in the 2nd round. Hopefully we take one with our Carson pick.

Then let it be a receiver then, or use it to trade down to get a rb. Everyone thought before this last draft D. Martin wouldnt be worth a 1st round pick, and in hindsight I would much rather had him at 17th overall instead of Dre K, not even close imo.

But yeah if Te'o is there, take him.

Last edited by Millz; 11-10-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Then let it be a receiver then, or use it to trade down to get a rb. Everyone thought before this last draft D. Martin wouldnt be worth a 1st round pick, and in hindsight I would much rather had him at 17th overall instead of Dre K, not even close imo.

But yeah if Te'o is there, take him.
I was gonna say I'd be infuriated if we used that 1st round pick on a receiver when there's a bigger hole on the team (Linebacker) but Te'o is the obvious pick to get with the 1st, my only concern is what other teams could be after him and if the Bengals would have to move up a few spots into getting him like the Browns did with Richardson this year with only 1 spot
Old 11-10-2012, 03:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 673

Quote:

I'm liking the idea of a RB in the early 2nd. As long as we can avoid the early draft RB knee curse (insert superstitious ritual....)
Old 11-10-2012, 07:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2758
bengals Re: 3.5 wins for the rest of the season. Over or Under?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Setting the line at 3.5 wins for the Bengals on the remainder of the season.

Where do you have the team and why?

I have them over because it falls within my predicted range, ending at 7-9. Plus in a bad season the Bengals are notorious for ending strong and making the fans believe they have a winner on their hands if they can just over pay for 2-3 positions in FA.
I have them at 4.

I think this team will turn things around because they do have heart and--eventually--some of these injuries will heal. Plus, some of the teams they play will have lost their will to compete and/or will overlook the Bengals and we'll snatch the win. Why? Because this happens every lousy year we have. Cincy ALWAYS snags some wins over bad or unfocused teams to pad our wins in Nov and Dec.

We can beat NYG, but I'm not counting on that (they just lost to Pitt). My suspected victims are most likely:

KC (esp. if Quinn plays)
Oak (they're terrible in eastern games, plus we have extra desire for that one)
Dallas (we'll catch them napping)

And I think we can get either SD or Philly on the road if their wins/losses work in our favor. (When you play is always a big deal.) If not them, we might pull one off against either Pitt or Balt depending on how bad they need the game and how overconfident we can catch them.

But I just can't see more than 4 wins in this group without a major improvement in consistency on this team. And that's a big challenge when the head coach looks like he's had enough of this place.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779

The Cincinnati Bengals win against the Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders.

The Cincinnati Bengals lose against San Diego, Dallas, Philadelphia (my third loss seen personally joining the 2009 game at mall of America Field and the opening game of the 2012 schedule),Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21133

Guessing some voters might be changing their minds about now.