Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7973
Default Life flashing before your eyes

Don't people say that when you are about to die or have a near death experience your life flashes before your eyes? Well, on Saturday, the McDonalds I work at(**** off I'm 19), was held up at gunpoint. The guy somehow got in the back door and threatened to shoot both me and my manager(he had a revolver). I'm standing there thinking, "I'm gonna die", but my life never flashed before my eyes. Nothing like that happened, my heart was pounding, I was terrified, but I didn't get to see my greatest hits. Anyone have an idea why?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9088
Default Re: Life flashing before your eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Don't people say that when you are about to die or have a near death experience your life flashes before your eyes? Well, on Saturday, the McDonalds I work at(**** off I'm 19), was held up at gunpoint. The guy somehow got in the back door and threatened to shoot both me and my manager(he had a revolver). I'm standing there thinking, "I'm gonna die", but my life never flashed before my eyes. Nothing like that happened, my heart was pounding, I was terrified, but I didn't get to see my greatest hits. Anyone have an idea why?
You didn't have a near death Expierience, what you got was the crap scared out of you. Maybe if you had been shot, your mind would have taken you back to a happier time so you wouldn't have been so traumatized. Then again, what do I know? I'm just a high school graduate from the Cincinnati Public Schools.

When I was in my accident, I didn't get the life passing before my eyes thing. Matter of fact, the accident knocked a lot out of my head. I was dilusional one time when I was hospitalized with pneumonia for 9 days and had a fever of 104. Docs told me, "Two more degrees and you would have started to suffer brain damage, lol. I was seeing friends from the way past, but I figure it was my brain trying to help me cope or whatever. It was cool though, because I hadn't seen them for a long time, lol.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5178

Probably something you either believe, or you don't. Just like when people die and they see the light. Who knows?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:02 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1476

Quote:
A. LOL at bolded remark.

B. No one should ever feel they have to justify working anywhere. In these days of young people (and people of all ages for that matter) having such a sense of entitlement, working anywhere trying to support yourself and move on with your life is admirable.

C. Sorry about your experience. That's scary ****. Don't underestimate the effect is has taken on you. Make sure you have someone to talk to about it; preferably a health care professional instead of your drunken buddies (who you know are just going to make fun of you anyways).
Old 11-07-2012, 09:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
You didn't have a near death Expierience, what you got was the crap scared out of you. Maybe if you had been shot, your mind would have taken you back to a happier time so you wouldn't have been so traumatized. Then again, what do I know? I'm just a high school graduate from the Cincinnati Public Schools.

When I was in my accident, I didn't get the life passing before my eyes thing. Matter of fact, the accident knocked a lot out of my head. I was dilusional one time when I was hospitalized with pneumonia for 9 days and had a fever of 104. Docs told me, "Two more degrees and you would have started to suffer brain damage, lol. I was seeing friends from the way past, but I figure it was my brain trying to help me cope or whatever. It was cool though, because I hadn't seen them for a long time, lol.
lol
Old 11-07-2012, 09:46 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29986

Quote:
You probably didn't have anything great to flash back to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in response to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1476

At 19, this is probably the only flashback you'd have.

image016.jpg
Old 11-07-2012, 10:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9045

Quote:
This is absolutely not a NDE, juste a deep trauma.

You were scared to death but absolutely not dead at all.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 63198

Quote:
I'm standing there thinking, "I'm gonna die", but my life never flashed before my eyes. Nothing like that happened, my heart was pounding, I was terrified, but I didn't get to see my greatest hits. Anyone have an idea why?
You work at McD's....you dont have a life.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
You work at McD's....you dont have a life.
Like I said, **** off I'm 19.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
I was technically dead for 90 seconds. Totally flatlined. Somehow they got me back. Luckily, all the stuff I had put in my body had caused me to be unconscious, I would not want to see all of that stuff again, it was bad enough the first time.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

And I didn't mean to make it seem like I had a near death experience, I thought I was gonna die, so I thought my brain would start flashing back, but nothing happened.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
And I didn't mean to make it seem like I had a near death experience, I thought I was gonna die, so I thought my brain would start flashing back, but nothing happened.
It's just a story parents make up to keep their kids from trying to die. It's like, telling you to come in after dark or the boogeyman will get you. I've been there, done that. No boogeyman, and no life flashing.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13617

Quote:
Maybe if the gun had clicked and flashed - having a gun pointed at you doesn't constitute your brain breaking down (that bad, anyways).
Old 11-07-2012, 10:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4228

Quote:
Sorry about your experience. Was scary I'm sure.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18257

Quote:
Like I said, **** off I'm 19.
"Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity." - Bill Gates.

Proud of the fact you're 19 and work.

Last edited by Blitzberg06; 11-08-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2777

Quote:
That's pretty scary and I'm glad you were able to make it through that unscathed. I had what I thought was a near death experience one time. I thought for sure if the imminent danger I was facing wasn't going to kill me that my heart would explode from all the adrenaline.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21904

I've had it probably twice in my life. Yes, they do happen. However, I believe Life flashes are the result of something happening very quick and unexpectedly like a possible accident where you come out unharmed. In one of my cases I lost control of my vehicle and slid in front of a semi truck. At that very second, in my mind I thought there was no way possible a collision would not happen, and physically braced for impact. Yet, nothing happened. I can't tell you if the flash of my life happened during or immediately after the incident, but I know it did. In addition, even though the flash was probably a millisecond long, it felt like a short movie and I believe it was in black & white. HEHE.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11135

When I worked at a Mcdz back in high school a drunk guy got ****** off about his wait around 1030pm and threw his McChicken at me. My life didn't flash either.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 30168

Quote:
Anyone have an idea why?

Hi Bryan. Simple: It wasn't your time. I do hope you've recovered from this horrible incident and most of all that it never happens again. A place of business should be safe at all times and I will pray for both you and your assailant as he must feel exceedingly desperate if he tried to rob a McDonald's.