Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13436
Default Re: Marijuana being completly legalized in Washington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
This is an ignorant statement. Just sayin
Why is that? It goes both ways.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13436

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-09-2012, 01:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Little man, my first major in college was Economics. Boring as balls. Like I said, I believe it would boost the economy, but you're stating something as a fact that cannot be verified because it had never happened. There is a difference between fact and opinion that some people just can't seem to grasp.
FACT: #1 Cash crop in america = POT
FACT Government doesnt see a dime from it till now.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 235

Quote:
Little man, my first major in college was Economics. Boring as balls. Like I said, I believe it would boost the economy, but you're stating something as a fact that cannot be verified because it had never happened. There is a difference between fact and opinion that some people just can't seem to grasp.
It's already been proven kid, get over it and learn more about life.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17612

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyTrumpy View Post
...Its a generalization.

Our founding fathers grew bud. Our president in office was a self admitted pot head. From Ted Turner and Rick Steves, to Richard Branson, all smokers.
It's a generalization and it's pretty much overblown by a lot of people. It's understandable to a point because there will be people that think, now that it's legal, i can smoke whenever i want. Just like employers don't want people coming to work drunk or drinking on the job, they're not going to want people coming to work high or smoking it on the job. Those that do will be weeded (no pun intended) out and they will start to get the idea. Or they won't and they'll never have a consistent, decent job.

Back in the '90s, after my divorce, i starting hanging with a guy i knew from work and his friends. They were all clean cut, professional acting good workers. It wasn't until i started hanging with them that i found out they were regular smokers. It didn't really surprise me since i grew up around all different types. Same thing a while back with a guy i worked with for a couple years. He was almost OCD with how he kept things organized and how particular he was about appearance. After he left, he came in one day to say hi to everyone and he was obviously baked out of his mind. That did surprise me a little because i had fallen into the stereotype about 'potheads' and their behaviour.

I don't smoke and i have no intention of it even if it is legalized here but this country needs to get in the 21st Century and realize that legalizing it has way more upside than downside.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
competent trolls stopped using 'kid' and 'boy' years ago bro

i smoke everyday, and though i'm a motorcycle mechanic, i NEVER show up high. professionalism.

you can either be a big boy and have your priorities straight, or you can be a lazy moron - seen plenty of both in my line of work.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
competent trolls stopped using 'kid' and 'boy' years ago bro

i smoke everyday, and though i'm a motorcycle mechanic, i NEVER show up high. professionalism.

you can either be a big boy and have your priorities straight, or you can be a lazy moron - seen plenty of both in my line of work.
Learn to read and write, kid.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16952

Quote:
Learn to read and write, kid.
Like how you edited it, so you could write "kid" at the end. Clever. Tolling at its best. Wow, you got him really good!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccracky View Post
Like how you edited it, so you could write "kid" at the end. Clever. Tolling at its best. Wow, you got him really good!
Guess that's why there isn't an edit stamp. Try reading next time. Legalizing Marijuana grows the economy, fact. Get over it trolls.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Guess that's why there isn't an edit stamp. Try reading next time. Legalizing Marijuana grows the economy, fact. Get over it trolls.
Don't know how you did it, but I had two browsers open. Then when I hit reply, all of a sudden "kid" was added. Hmmmmmmm........

And I'm all for legalizing Marijuana.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
herp derp merp merp merrrrrrrr
ok
Old 11-10-2012, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 141

First, let me say I've never smoked pot and have no intention of ever trying it. Having said that, I'm in favor of legalizing it. Then, tax the hell out of it like we do with tobacco. As for the comments about people being high at work or on the road, it would be no different than any other drug, which includes alcohol. You can't drive drunk, or under the influence of prescription pain meds. Most employers treat work the same way. Show up under the influence of something, even though it's legal, and you won't keep that job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28268

Stupid hippies. What's next, medicinal crack?
Old 11-10-2012, 05:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17612

Quote:
Don't know how you did it, but I had two browsers open. Then when I hit reply, all of a sudden "kid" was added. Hmmmmmmm........

You can edit posts without the stamp showing up.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You can edit posts without the stamp showing up.
it's always been hit or miss for me, seems like sometimes it shows up, sometimes not
Old 11-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

Nope. I didn't even edit it. Get over it, kid.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Yes, Marijuana should be legalized. I'll be as brief as I can as to why:

1. Legalizing is in line with the principles that this country was founded on. No, not partying, but having individual rights as long as they do not infringe on others.

2. It would be a huge boon to the economy. Marijuana is extremely popular. Slap a huge excise tax on it = revenue

3. It will actually make our cities safer. Before you snicker remember that alcohol was once illegal in this country and trafficking caused massive violence in cities. Now, illegal drug trade is the major socio economic engine in many inner cities. Legalizing essentially takes away trafficking from violent scumbags and kids looking to make easy money (and ending up with a record and fewer opportunties.

4. Think of the cost of incarcerating non-violent drug offenders. Just the monetary cost is huge. Let alone the uninteded consequences of the drug war (namely, children of prisoners having very limited opportunties).

5. The cost of 'The War on Drugs' is in the billions. Yet, drugs are more plentiful than ever. In fact, it's probably easier for teenagers to get weed as opposed to alcohol. Cultivating weed here takes away imports from mexico and S.America that foster gang activity...plus, we can now spend that money elsewhere (or not spend it at all).

6. Marijuana is pretty harmless. Not a fan myself (havent smoked in years but it made me either: paranoid or way too mellow). Alcohol is my drug of choice...and it is infinitely more dangerous than marijuana.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 22490

Count me as one against. We don't need more pot-heads and recreational drugs to use. We don't need more DUI's. And we don't need more families destroyed. This will be my only post here.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41165

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
How will it bring more money?

Once a single farmer plants a field of wacky tobacky, flooding the market, the price falls through the floor. In addition, the people who grow it in secret would increase their own production since they could do it in the open, and prices fall even further. In addition, casual smokers could grow their own, eliminating their purchasing from the pool, and prices fall yet again.

In addition, there is no test to let someone know is a person is currently high via MJ usage, so that presents another problem. Unless a simple level of the metabolites is adopted to claim one is high. But the problem becomes in that someone new could be completely buzzing and might not hit that mark, while a constant smoker could hit that mark days after hit last joint.

Legalization is not a magic bullet.
You have an interesting theory. But I had some tomato plants this summer, but that doesn't stop Kroger from selling a ton of them every year. I mean it certainly helps that there is an out of season tomatoes available in the area, but the same can be applied to weed. Not only that, but the lights to grow it in house cost so much that it would be practically a waste of time to grow anything inside the house unless cooking up some of the good stuff.

In the end, the market will set a price, and that price will determine how many people will grow it. Someone who is hoping to make a profit is going to quite if everyone is doing it, so in the end there will be a happy medium. Just like tomato plants.

Anyway, I just wanted to play devils advocate to your post
Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Nope. I didn't even edit it. Get over it, kid.
You're right. I lied. Thanks, you old fart.

Last response to you.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:17 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23546

Quote:
Jesus Herman Christ, you have to be one of the most idiotic people that I've seen post on these boards. Legalizing marijuana cannot be proven to boost the economy because until about a week ago, it hadn't happened. Talk to me when the Colorado and Washington state economies skyrocket, and state your opinion as fact then. And I really wish I knew who kept +repping you to make up for the negatives that I give you. It would show who your alternate identity on these boards are....
Old 11-11-2012, 01:38 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23546

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
FACT: #1 Cash crop in america = POT
FACT Government doesnt see a dime from it till now.
Fact #1 is correct. Fact #2 is not. You don't think all those drug dealers are just burying their money in jars, do you? It's just taking the money out of the hands of gangs and such (which I'm all for) and putting in the hands of people that know what they're doing with it.

Yes, it would be taxed, and the government would make money off of it, but they're already making money off of it anyway.

I'm all for the complete legalization of it, and I THINK that it would boost the economy, but it definitely isn't a fact.....especially when someone's saying that it's already happened.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Jesus Herman Christ, you have to be one of the most idiotic people that I've seen post on these boards. Legalizing marijuana cannot be proven to boost the economy because until about a week ago, it hadn't happened. Talk to me when the Colorado and Washington state economies skyrocket, and state your opinion as fact then. And I really wish I knew who kept +repping you to make up for the negatives that I give you. It would show who your alternate identity on these boards are....
Only him and Sloppy have ever given me negative rep

Old 11-11-2012, 02:19 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37595

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
It isn't as easy as just putting a seed in the dirt and you all the sudden you get massive plants. It takes a LOT of knowledge and skill to grow Any plant properly, let alone a marijuana plant.
If it was so easy to do then there wouldn't be a need for dispensaries in the medical states A lot of people don't have the knowledge to do it properly for one. But they also might not have the time or space to grow and would rather just go buy it. It is a LOT of work to grow a plant from start to finished product that is ready for use.
Then you factor in the start up cost and the time it will take before you will see ANY money and it makes it less attractive.
The average "flowering" (bloom) time on a Marijuana plant is 2 to 2 1/2 months.
Plus add at least a month of "vegetation" time if you want it to produce much.
Then you have to trim everything which is VERY tedious and time consuming and also "curing"time, which can ruin all your work if done improperly.
So your looking at close to 5 months of work and expenses before you even have a chance to recoup one cent.
I'm not going to list all of the other things you need such as nutrients, lights, dirt, building a space, etc, but that would be OVER $700 EASILY.
So yeah, not anyone can just pop a few seeds and be up to their elbows in high quality bud.

DISCLAIMER
I know what I am talking about from experience. NO IM NOT GROWING ANYMORE BECAUSE I GOT "BUSTED" Well sorta . I didn't have anything growing at the time. They just took my equipment and gave me a fine
When I was still growing I have been told by many people that it was the best looking and quality they've ever smoked. So yeah, I know what I'm talking about.
It may take experience to grow the high quality stuff, but if legal to do so, ppl are gonna grow their own whether they have a good "green thumb" (ahem) or not. Cultivating some average to below average weed isn't that hard to pull of, it is after all, a weed. A hearty one at that. So casual smokers or even potheads who just can't afford to always buy the high grade will grow their own and the market would take a hit.

Like Rugby said, it's not a magic bullet. Certainly some tax revenue would be created by legalizing it, but probably not as much as some ppl think due to the exact things he mentioned.
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.

The Patriots, Steelers and
Giants got fat while the Bengals
starved in the streets. It's our turn.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

I think those of you that are saying marijuana won't generate revenue bc people will just grow it themselves are giving the consumer base too much credit. Busam made a good point, it is easy to grow your own produce. Do people do it? No, not really. Homebrewing is fun and easy...not a lot of people do it (I don't anymore). I think as a nation we've gotten lazy and unindustrious. We're consumers. It is easier to buy things rather than make/grow them yourself. That is what the vast majority of people will do. Also, if you just throw some seeds into the soil yes, you will likely get some pot (if the weather cooperates and wildlife doesnt consume it)..but it will not be near the quality that specialized growers produce...not even close. To do that, at minimum you will need to purchase seeds for the strand of weed you want, grow lights and a timed watering system. If people that smoke pot are all so lazy, do you really see them doing that?