Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > College Football

College Football Now all you Buckeyes homers have your own place to talk about your favorite team.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4110
Default Alabama loses

Are their national championship hopes down the drain?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18185
Default Re: Alabama loses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4It View Post
Are their national championship hopes down the drain?
Never should have let it come down to what it came down to, but that was a bogus call. Big time.

CLEAR false start.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 762
bengals Re: Alabama loses

were lucky last week to beat lsu
Old 11-11-2012, 06:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Never should have let it come down to what it came down to, but that was a bogus call. Big time.

CLEAR false start.
The player was reacting to the defense.....how you call this a false start is beyond me. Love me some Gators so not sad to see Alabama in the 1 loss column with us

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post

CLEAR false start.
You are right that it shouldn't have come to that but it was clearly the right call. You cannot jump into the neutral zone drawing the opposing lineman to react. That's exactly what happened.

Alabama was bound to lose a game. Almost happened against LSU. That team was put up on a pedestal so every opponent they faced most likely looked at that game as the most important game of the season.

I don't dislike Alabama, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy that they lost. When certain people started mentioning Alabama could beat a NFL team I remembered the saying about how the Titanic was unsinkable. As much as I get down about the Bengals I know they would crush the Crimson Tide 100/100 times.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2596

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
The player was reacting to the defense.....how you call this a false start is beyond me. Love me some Gators so not sad to see Alabama in the 1 loss column with us
That Gator game was insane. I live in Florida and see nothing but Gator fan every where I go. This game is going to make it unbearable to go back to work. At least I can still tease these Gator fans that we (buckeye fans) still have their famed coach.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18185

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
You are right that it shouldn't have come to that but it was clearly the right call. You cannot jump into the neutral zone drawing the opposing lineman to react. That's exactly what happened.

Alabama was bound to lose a game. Almost happened against LSU. That team was put up on a pedestal so every opponent they faced most likely looked at that game as the most important game of the season.

I don't dislike Alabama, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy that they lost. When certain people started mentioning Alabama could beat a NFL team I remembered the saying about how the Titanic was unsinkable. As much as I get down about the Bengals I know they would crush the Crimson Tide 100/100 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
That Gator game was insane. I live in Florida and see nothing but Gator fan every where I go. This game is going to make it unbearable to go back to work. At least I can still tease these Gator fans that we (buckeye fans) still have their famed coach.
The punt protector flinched like a QB does, but even worse. THAT is the FS I'm referring to.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

This is why the BCS needs to figure something else out. That was a good game, and Alabama still deserves a shot at the Natty whether they go undefeated or not.

The best teams aren't always the undefeated ones. Look at NYG last season. 9-7 and barely make the playoffs, then go on to beat the Falcons (10-6), Packers (15-1), 49ers (13-3) and Patriots (13-3).....

Last edited by ibengals; 11-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.