Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #226  
Old 11-11-2012, 01:04 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
It's unfortunate Bama lost, I think Oregon could of spread out Bama and really taken advantage.

I also think K-State could beat Florida, LSU, and maybe UGA (team is just a complete wildcard with Murray).
Jesse Williams would wreck the Oregon OL.
Nick Fairley did it and I think the Oregon OL was better then.

K-State with a healthy Colin Klein would beat Florida and LSU. It would be a 13-10 game.
UGA can be the best team in the country when on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 PM
HellMarine HellMarine is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,726
Rep Points: 2969
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Jesse Williams would wreck the Oregon OL.
Nick Fairley did it and I think the Oregon OL was better then.

K-State with a healthy Colin Klein would beat Florida and LSU. It would be a 13-10 game.
UGA can be the best team in the country when on.
Happens everytime, that's what sets the SEC apart from other conferences usually. I'm a huge Oregon fan, and there is no doubt that Oregon can score on anyone in the country, but Bama's DLine would disrupt the Oregon run game big time, hence why LMJ struggled in his two games against top-tier SEC opponents. Both games defenders were in the backfield and took everything away from him. In order for Oregon to have a chance against someone like Bama, they would need Mariota to step up big time. Thomas did it against Auburn, and Mariota is a much better QB in all aspects of the game than Thomas. If they both win out (which they should), I'm really excited to watch Oregon-KSU.
__________________


Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Happens everytime, that's what sets the SEC apart from other conferences usually. I'm a huge Oregon fan, and there is no doubt that Oregon can score on anyone in the country, but Bama's DLine would disrupt the Oregon run game big time, hence why LMJ struggled in his two games against top-tier SEC opponents. Both games defenders were in the backfield and took everything away from him. In order for Oregon to have a chance against someone like Bama, they would need Mariota to step up big time. Thomas did it against Auburn, and Mariota is a much better QB in all aspects of the game than Thomas. If they both win out (which they should), I'm really excited to watch Oregon-KSU.
I dont get excited over games with no defense

(would be the best match up of undefeated teams)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Archer's Avatar
Archer Archer is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Danger Zone
Posts: 1,785
Rep Points: 1738
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
I dont get excited over games with no defense

(would be the best match up of undefeated teams)
KSU has a pretty decent defense.

Not that it will be able to stop Oregon...

Either way that match up sounds 100x better than last years awful LSU Bama part deux.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
KSU has a pretty decent defense.

Not that it will be able to stop Oregon...

Either way that match up sounds 100x better than last years awful LSU Bama part deux.
Blame LSU for the sukkage.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 PM
blt4584 blt4584 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 413
Rep Points: 323
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Blame LSU for the sukkage.
Personally, I blame Iowa State. If they had just rolled over for Okie State then there would have been no rematch and LSU would have won the title.

I also blame Les for going super stupid that game.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt4584 View Post
Personally, I blame Iowa State. If they had just rolled over for Okie State then there would have been no rematch and LSU would have won the title.

I also blame Les for going super stupid that game.
Not his fault he has a semi-******** QB.....
Alabama wins the first game if the kicker didn't **** himself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Archer's Avatar
Archer Archer is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Danger Zone
Posts: 1,785
Rep Points: 1738
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Blame LSU for the sukkage.
No matter who won that game it was going to be bad. The fact that they had already played each other previously in the year made a rematch just awful for the viewer.

It was the least watched BCS title game since the BCS started.

Back on topic, I keep trying to find more info on a Virginia Tech CB. I believe it was Antone Exum who was playing really well in the VT FSU game. Guy was extremely physical and has great size for a CB at 6'1" 225.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
No matter who won that game it was going to be bad. The fact that they had already played each other previously in the year made a rematch just awful for the viewer.

It was the least watched BCS title game since the BCS started.

Back on topic, I keep trying to find more info on a Virginia Tech CB. I believe it was Antone Exum who was playing really well in the VT FSU game. Guy was extremely physical and has great size for a CB at 6'1" 225.
It was the 2 best teams.
And also the best way to show how terrible the BCS is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 PM
blt4584 blt4584 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 413
Rep Points: 323
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Not his fault he has a semi-******** QB.....
Alabama wins the first game if the kicker didn't **** himself.
The first game Saban went stupid with his "only run Richardson up to the 30 and then pass" strategy.


Also, Les completely ruined both Jefferson and Lee's progression by keeping Gary "I'm the worst coach of anything ever at any level" Crowton. Apparently Gary had the QBs practice separate from the rest of the team most of the time. Because practicing with your WRs is apparently madness. He didn't teach them any technique or how to read D's while doing this.

Further proving his coaching genius, Russell Shepard was asked what has changed have Crowton left, his response was "we have to learn routes now."

In short, Gary Crowton is terrible and I hate him.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:28 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

I know a few people liked Michael Mauti and he hurt his knee again today. Not putting any weight on it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Leveon Bell down
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:08 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,357
Rep Points: 73507
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Leveon Bell down
Also not a good player
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 22,022
Rep Points: 40563
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Also not a good player
I was never a Bell fan; however, there are those on here that have compared him to Eddie George.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:34 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Also not a good player
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I was never a Bell fan; however, there are those on here that have compared him to Eddie George.
Bell is not a good RB.
He has gotten worse as the season progresses.
Wouldn't touch him before the 4/5th
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #241  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:40 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,357
Rep Points: 73507
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I was never a Bell fan; however, there are those on here that have compared him to Eddie George.
No way. He's Brandon Jacobs. Won't be a good short yardage runner, has little agility, and needs second level blocking to be successful because he doesn't have the burst. He's a complete 3rd guy on the depth chart player
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:44 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Few things I noticed:
Werner has a lot of pass rush moves but needs to refine them more. Can really dip the shoulder to the outside and get leverage on the rush. He picks up an inside move with this and he will be a star in the NFL.

Carradine has some great speed and burst. But that's about it. Every time I see him play he beats the OT with speed and his burst but doesn't have any moves if he doesn't win off the snap. Intriguing player for his speed and burst alone.

Jawan Jamison not playing much due to an injury. But the kid is good.

Eddie Lacy is going to challenge for the #1 RB spot.

Logan Ryan could be a steal at CB if he declares. Made a great pick beating the WR to the ball on a jump throw.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:52 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 22,022
Rep Points: 40563
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

The 3:30 kickoffs will have a lot of good RB prospects televized in my market:

Cierre Woods
Jonathan Franklin
Silas Redd
Andre Ellington
Montee Ball

And the primetime game has personal fav Barner going up against Stephan Taylor
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:26 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Khaseem Greene is one of those guys who just finds a way to make things happen. Late in games he makes the plays. If he were on a big school team, he would be getting some serious hype.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:27 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

What a terrible year to need a QB
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
The 3:30 kickoffs will have a lot of good RB prospects televized in my market:

Cierre Woods
Jonathan Franklin
Silas Redd
Andre Ellington
Montee Ball

And the primetime game has personal fav Barner going up against Stephan Taylor
I like Franklin late. Has some speed but also ball control issues.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:24 PM
ibengals's Avatar
ibengals ibengals is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,310
Rep Points: 5169
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

I can only laugh at USC at this point.....


11/17/2012, the fall of Troy?
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
I can only laugh at USC at this point.....


11/17/2012, the fall of Troy?
The day Carroll left USC to get hit by the bus of sanctions and Laner was the day Troy fell
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 11-17-2012, 06:23 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

Barkley hurt.
His OL left him out to dry bad there.
His left side OL should feel bad. Real bad. Can't let anyone go unblocked like that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,169
Rep Points: 24734
Default Re: Prospect Watch 2012

John Simon is having a very good game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.