Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Bengals versus....

Bengals versus.... A forum for visiting fans to partake in conversations with Bengals fans about upcoming games or the Bengals in general. Please leave the trash talk in the Smack Talk subforum below. Formerly the Game Day subforum (Game Day threads remain here).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-11-2012, 04:55 PM
fumetti fumetti is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rural, 4 hrs from Cincy
Posts: 1,024
Rep Points: 2834
bengals Postseason? There is a light in this tunnel.

If the current division leaders win their divisions, Cincy is 5th in the wild card race right now (Miami, Pittsburgh, San Diego). How can they get to the promised land? Well, it's not so bleak as it was yesterday.

This week's not over, so I type this prematurely. Oh well.

Unless 5-3 Pitt falls off a cliff, I see no way Cincy takes 2nd place in the division. Other than 2x Baltimore, there's not much left on their sched.

4-5 Miami has a tough second half: Seattle, San Fran, and New England twice. Also, two vs Buffalo might provide another loss. It's reasonable that Miami stumbles, especially since 3-6 Tennessee just obliterated them.

4-5 San Diego is our best chance to have a tie-breaker since they're on our schedule. SD is entering a tough stretch: Denver, Balt, Cincy, Pitt. Cincy can gain ground here because Cincy plays a lesser sched: KC, Oak, SD, and Dal. After that, tho, SD has the advantage. They play Carolina, NYJ, Oak...while we play Philly, Pitt, and Balt.

The worst obstacle is 6-3 Indianapolis. They need to lose alot. They still face Houston twice and New England. They also face Tennessee (they beat in OT), Buffalo, and Detroit--who'll be stealing some wins against unsuspecting teams. Also, as teams get more film on Luck and what Indy tries to do, they could start losing like Cincy did last year.

While I think Cincy's chances are under still under 10%, the chances are there. They just can't get into any tie-breaker situations (except possibly SD). Simply gonna need a better record.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 10,186
Rep Points: 23744
Default Re: Postseason? There is a light in this tunnel.

It's possible, but we'll need alot of help. Too bad our stretch of 4 was against exclusively AFC and AFC North teams. That was the killer.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:07 PM
spinksjinx's Avatar
spinksjinx spinksjinx is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,092
Rep Points: 12921
Default Re: Postseason? There is a light in this tunnel.

Our AFC record is garbage. We picked the wrong Manning to beat. In the grand scheme of things this win is garbage.
__________________


RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 PM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 19,486
Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Postseason? There is a light in this tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
If the current division leaders win their divisions, Cincy is 5th in the wild card race right now (Miami, Pittsburgh, San Diego). How can they get to the promised land? Well, it's not so bleak as it was yesterday.

This week's not over, so I type this prematurely. Oh well.

Unless 5-3 Pitt falls off a cliff, I see no way Cincy takes 2nd place in the division. Other than 2x Baltimore, there's not much left on their sched.

4-5 Miami has a tough second half: Seattle, San Fran, and New England twice. Also, two vs Buffalo might provide another loss. It's reasonable that Miami stumbles, especially since 3-6 Tennessee just obliterated them.

4-5 San Diego is our best chance to have a tie-breaker since they're on our schedule. SD is entering a tough stretch: Denver, Balt, Cincy, Pitt. Cincy can gain ground here because Cincy plays a lesser sched: KC, Oak, SD, and Dal. After that, tho, SD has the advantage. They play Carolina, NYJ, Oak...while we play Philly, Pitt, and Balt.

The worst obstacle is 6-3 Indianapolis. They need to lose alot. They still face Houston twice and New England. They also face Tennessee (they beat in OT), Buffalo, and Detroit--who'll be stealing some wins against unsuspecting teams. Also, as teams get more film on Luck and what Indy tries to do, they could start losing like Cincy did last year.

While I think Cincy's chances are under still under 10%, the chances are there. They just can't get into any tie-breaker situations (except possibly SD). Simply gonna need a better record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
It's possible, but we'll need alot of help. Too bad our stretch of 4 was against exclusively AFC and AFC North teams. That was the killer.

Definately possible but Shady is right. The teams we have lost to are what hurts us.

We just need to win games, it is that simple and if this team plays every game like they did this one we will go 11-5 and most assuredly make the playoffs.

Problem is i doubt we play every game like we did today, highly doubt it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 PM
thompson19osu thompson19osu is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,599
Rep Points: 3191
Default Re: Postseason? There is a light in this tunnel.

The Colts are going to get a WC spot I believe. I think our best chance is to pray the Ravens sweep the Steelers and we beat the Steelers at their place. That automatically puts the Steelers with 6 losses and 3 in the division as well. I'll be rooting for Baltimore in the Bal/Pitt games.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:22 PM
thompson19osu thompson19osu is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,599
Rep Points: 3191
Default Re: Postseason? There is a light in this tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
Our AFC record is garbage. We picked the wrong Manning to beat. In the grand scheme of things this win is garbage.
Umm except really up our playoff chances.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.