Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1740
Default Re: The bengals will beat the giants!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Figures that you'd be back. While you're at it, why don't you tell Luvnuts to come back to the forum.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9605

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
mark my words eli will rue the day he faced dunlap...
You better talk like this next week or I will hurt you.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5029

Why does Eli always look like he is about to cry?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick D from 83 View Post
Well for the this week at least the Bengals beat "elite" Eli, and deserve their props.

I own AJ in my dynasty fantasy league too so no complaints there either.
The Bengals were the better team today,and they deserved to win. The Giants got outplayed in all three phases,and it was never really much of a game. Just when it looked like the Giants were finally starting to get something going in the 3rd quarter,they fumbled the ball away and just folded. The Bengals have to build on this,though. If they go out and lay an egg in Arrowhead,then this win doesn't really mean a whole heckuva alot.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
You better talk like this next week or I will hurt you.
trust me i will
Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13409

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Figures that you'd be back. While you're at it, why don't you tell Luvnuts to come back to the forum.
Figures you wouldnt say anything about your whoopass prediction.

BTW, Your luvie obsession is starting to get borderline creepy
Old 11-11-2012, 05:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
This minimizes the Steeler win last week. The Giants are garbage.
Nevertheless, good win bengals. You didn't bungle it up this time.
Maybe. But it's also possible that the loss last week (combined with their hurricane woes) took the wind out of the Giants' sails. There was a lot going on in their favor last week (emotion, home crowd, questionable ref calls) that they simply didn't have this week.

I didn't see the game, and I'm sure Cincy deserves a lot of credit, but given all that's happened, I wouldn't discount the notion that the Giants were a beat up team (emotionally and physically) this week.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-Steelerfan View Post
I didn't see the game, and im sure Cincy deserves a lot of credit, but given all that's gone on, I wouldn't discount the notion that the Giants were a beat up team (emotionally and physically) this week.
i don't think a lot of bengal fans would admit it, but the giants looked awful. they looked completely emotionally deflated.

was over by the middle of the 3rd. the look on eli's face said it all.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
The Bengals were the better team today,and they deserved to win. The Giants got outplayed in all three phases,and it was never really much of a game. Just when it looked like the Giants were finally starting to get something going in the 3rd quarter,they fumbled the ball away and just folded. The Bengals have to build on this,though. If they go out and lay an egg in Arrowhead,then this win doesn't really mean a whole heckuva alot.
Exactly. But not only next week, the next two weeks. If they can't get both in the bag, the win today means little.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3894

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Exactly. But not only next week, the next two weeks. If they can't get both in the bag, the win today means little.
I vehemently disagree with that rfaulk.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
i don't think a lot of bengal fans would admit it, but the giants looked awful. they looked completely emotionally deflated.

well that happens after a dt picks a tipped ball...
Old 11-11-2012, 06:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13533

Bengals played great bu the Giants did not come into this game looking like they could win. The D in the first quarter just gave up every pass to the Bengals.

Now if you guys could just play that well against the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1740

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
Figures you wouldnt say anything about your whoopass prediction.

BTW, Your luvie obsession is starting to get borderline creepy
Uh, what did you want me to say? That the Giants played terrible? Is that what you wanted to hear? Or did you want me to say that the Bengals played awesome? Which one?

The Giants played terrible AND the Bengals took advantage of the terrible plays. That's why the Bengals won. They deserved the win, and congrats to them, but let's not get over enthusiastic about this game. If the Giants were on their game and the Bengals had won, I would be the first to say so. I actually thought the Bengals played better against the Broncos. If they hadn't had that meltdown, they could have beaten Peyton. In this game, it was just a total Giants collapse. What else is there to say?

As for Luvnut... dude... he and I have a running bet. That's the only reason I keep asking for him. He was posting like crazy here and then... the Bengals started losing and suddenly he's just gone. One of the things I like about the smack forum is ongoing smack with folks here - especially with one that I actually have an active, running bet. But it's not much fun if he never shows up. He's sort of told me he's officially "retiring" from this forum, so if you know him outside of this forum, tell him to come back and post. It's almost as if he's conceded the bet - even though the season isn't even over yet.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
I vehemently disagree with that rfaulk.
You care to explain or are you just going to leave it at that?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Uh, what did you want me to say? That the Giants played terrible? Is that what you wanted to hear? Or did you want me to say that the Bengals played awesome? Which one?

The Giants played terrible AND the Bengals took advantage of the terrible plays. That's why the Bengals won. They deserved the win, and congrats to them, but let's not get over enthusiastic about this game. If the Giants were on their game and the Bengals had won, I would be the first to say so. I actually thought the Bengals played better against the Broncos. If they hadn't had that meltdown, they could have beaten Peyton. In this game, it was just a total Giants collapse. What else is there to say?

As for Luvnut... dude... he and I have a running bet. That's the only reason I keep asking for him. He was posting like crazy here and then... the Bengals started losing and suddenly he's just gone. One of the things I like about the smack forum is ongoing smack with folks here - especially with one that I actually have an active, running bet. But it's not much fun if he never shows up. He's sort of told me he's officially "retiring" from this forum, so if you know him outside of this forum, tell him to come back and post. It's almost as if he's conceded the bet - even though the season isn't even over yet.
LOL. I get it. You can't just admit the Bengals beat them because that would mean you'd inadvertently be complimenting Super Marvio. Don't worry. No one takes you seriously so there's no losing face here. Just go ahead and admit it.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:35 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 61765

Quote:
Figures you'd be not crowing about your prediction by starting a new thread proclaiming your genius. Just goes to prove your predictions really aren't a big thing. And speaking of not so big things, no wonder she left you for Delhomme.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:26 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
It was nice to get a W. Obviously,the Giants aren't at their best,right now,and how could they be after all the devastation they've been dealing with up north. I still expected a better effort out of them,though. They frankly stunk the place up and just weren't mentally in the game at all. The Bengals were obviously up for this one,but now they've got to prove they can do it week after week. Until then,I take this W with a huge grain of salt. At the end of the day,it's nice to get that "can't beat good teams" monkey off our backs,though. Hopefully,this helps propel this club past that glass ceiling that's been hanging over them for the past 2 1/2 years,but they have to prove it on the field.
Gigantic grain of salt. Zimmer pushed their OC's ish in and the Giants appeared lackadaisical on all fronts. Credit to the Bengals for stomping them, they were desperate and they did what they had to do.

Can this team maintain that for the next five weeks and run off a total of six in a row in order to be 9-5 heading into division match ups with Pitt and Bmore? I doubt it.

That's what happens when you lose to the Dolphins and Browns when you're supposed to be the better team, you end up having to make a spectacular regular season run just to get back in the hunt. I don't think they've got it in them tbh.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:26 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 77752

Interesting thread.

Verrrrry interesting.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3894

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Gigantic grain of salt. Zimmer pushed their OC's ish in and the Giants appeared lackadaisical on all fronts. Credit to the Bengals for stomping them, they were desperate and they did what they had to do.
No pun intended I assume lol

Quote:
That's what happens when you lose to the Dolphins and Browns when you're supposed to be the better team, you end up having to make a spectacular regular season run just to get back in the hunt. I don't think they've got it in them tbh.
Like they backed into the playoffs a year ago...no pun intended there either I assume.lol

Last edited by Woodley; 11-12-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:

Can this team maintain that for the next five weeks and run off a total of six in a row in order to be 9-5 heading into division match ups with Pitt and Bmore? I doubt it.

Honestly,I think that the Bengals have dug themselves too deep of a hole to dig out of and make the playoffs. Even with the W today,we're still a game and a half out of the final WC spot,pending tonight's game. We've just dropped too many games that we should have won,and that's put us in an extremely bad position. The teams ahead do still have some tough games ahead,though. The Colts have the Patriots left to play,and still have to play the Texans twice. The Steelers still have to play Baltimore twice and we can pull a big swing there if we can upset them. But the team has to prove that they can do it on the field and pull off a big winning streak.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10563

Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13409

Quote:

What do I want to hear? I want to hear you admit how wrong you were. Because god knows, if the giants won, youd be stomping your chest and starting new threads explaining how you were right. Even though being correct about a team like the giants beating the bengals isnt exactly going out on a limb, but that still wouldnt have stopped you.

But instead you give the bengals backhanded compliments like "the giants played terrible and the bengals took advantage of the terrible plays" Which loosely translates to "The bengals didnt win this game, the Giants lost it" Which is another way for you to save face because it saves you from giving credit to the Bengals

Last edited by browns town bengal; 11-12-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Nobody's really talking about how pro a call rams made. Best one this season next to colts' shot in the dark vs. the packers.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post

They really didn't llok that way until the Bengals started beating them in all facets - lol. Why do people have to try to undermine when the Bengals play well?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 54

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
What do I want to hear? I want to hear you admit how wrong you were. Because god knows, if the giants won, youd be stomping your chest and starting new threads explaining how you were right. Even though being correct about a team like the giants beating the bengals isnt exactly going out on a limb, but that still wouldnt have stopped you.

But instead you give the bengals backhanded compliments like "the giants played terrible and the bengals took advantage of the terrible plays" Which loosely translates to "The bengals didnt win this game, the Giants lost it" Which is another way for you to save face because it saves you from giving credit to the Bengals
Yep, Colts+Bucs+Steelers+Broncosfan4ever is pulling a Roddy White - Roddy said, after losing to the Saints, "I feel like we kind of gave it away. We just gave it to them. It wasn’t nothing they did." White is a punk, not giving the Saints credit... just like Mr. Delhomme there.

Of course, Coltskid is informationally deprived. I wonder how many pounds of paint chips he consumed as a child...

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...ve-it-to-them/