Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:20 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1082
Default Re: Oh you counted us out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Take the advice in your sig, I was kidding around. Don't get too tough.
Tough...me? That's funny
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20610
Default Re: Hi haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
Shady shut it down for now you can start again in a week. We just beat the super bowl champs like a drum lets us cherish the moment.
It's not like there weren't plenty of things to be upset about. The real question now, after seeing what this team is actually capable of is where the hell has it been?

Take Sanu, for instance. After seeing what he can do, how can one not wonder why it took so long to give him his chance?

Might just be me, but it almost seems like Marvin got out of his coordinator's way and let them do their thing. Finally got some aggressive play calling on both sides of the ball and look at the results. Now there will be no excuse for not playing this way every week.

Can't stomp the Giants one week and then lay an egg against the Chefs(they'll always be the Chefs to me. One of the greatest commercials ever) the following week.

Show it to me two weeks in a row and I'll be a believer.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
..but last week wasn't too early to declare the season over?
Based on what we had been seeing, optimism seemed delusional at the time. We played one good game in a row. Let's wait for two in a row before we start printing SB tickets.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Default Re: Oh you counted us out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Why are we being dickish to each other?
Because to some people, tossing out "I told you so" is life's sweetest pleasure. I could say I told you so that AJ's remarks on the radio station would make no difference, but I'm just way too evolved for that.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2689

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Go ahead, doubt them. Everyone doubted them today, but guess what, they won.
So here's what's funny about this thread, and your comment above.

They lost 4 games in a row, including 2 losses to lousy teams with Rookie QBs. So did most of the planet "doubt" them when going up against the defending World Champions? Yes we did. Here's the kicker, nothing you can say would convince me that you did too.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
So here's what's funny about this thread, and your comment above.

They lost 4 games in a row, including 2 losses to lousy teams with Rookie QBs. So did most of the planet "doubt" them when going up against the defending World Champions? Yes we did. Here's the kicker, nothing you can say would convince me that you did too.

I think were going to win every game we play (especially the games I go to) , but that's just the homer in me. So maybe he didn't doubt them..
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19599

This WAS a very nice win. It was one I didn't expect, heck, I didn't even expect Denver to be close! That being said, I can't be overjoyed with the win. Happy, yeah, but ready to buy playoff tickets? No. In fact, it almost angers me. I mean, we LOSE to the effing Browns, the effing Dolphins, and a Steelers team that had to go to find players that were leaving the infirmary! Then, we come out and beat the World Champs?!?!?!?! That's a disgrace to me. I've seen this dog and pony show one too many times. Deadcat bounce. I'll tell ya this though, I sure hope they prove me wrong and run the table!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:35 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23057

Bengals played a great game.

Why is this the first we've seen of this? Their feet need put to the fire and we should expect this level of play from them week in and week out. If they play this well against the Chiefs, it will be rout of 40+ points. But I doubt that will occur, as they will come down from this high and be the same old Bengals again.

Still expect a win, but nothing in this fashion.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Quote:
LOL I shouldn't have expected any less from the internet and in particular this board. Instead of letting people revel in this victory and keeping your negativity to a minimum. We all have to hear the same predicate BS that you haters/negative people spew every time.

1. Well we haven't won a play off game in 20 years
2. MB still *****
3. Marvin still *****
4. The Bengals still ****
5. It was a fluke
6. Attacking the OP for enjoying this win.
7. Just insulting the OP for the sake of trolling
8. Playing the internet tough guy
9. More Bengals hate
10. More complaining.

I thought about replying but their were just to many negative people to reply to so I will just keep this as a mass reply to all you that had to speak up and troll, be negative or hate.

Let me start by saying I don't care about the past 20 years. Didn't anyone ever teach you people who bring this up not to focus on the past because you can not change it. Why dwell on something you can do nothing about? The only answer I can come up with is that you who do it just have some innate need to complain.

To the rest of you I never said this somehow makes up for the 4 games we dropped I also never said it makes up for 20 years. What I did ask for however was that you let us fans who try to stay more optimistic have a moment to enjoy our victory. Shame on me for that I should have known better I have been on these boards long enough to know a great deal of people on here have nothing better to do than be rude/negative. Most think they know the game of football and just spew ********. To you and those like you thanks for showing me that you can not even hush your mouths for one day.

This is a young team their will be growing pains. I do not see how you negative losers can not realize that. You keep complaining about one thing or another and honestly it is just petty and sad. Do you realize you couldn't even allow those who think like i do to enjoy one day or even one thread with out your negative criticisms. Shame on all of you.

Oh and to the guy that allude to me telling fans how to be fans. If your idea of being a fan is constantly complaining and being negative I think you need to look up the definition of what a fan is again.

There is a core of people on here who have a great deal of football knowledge or at least fun an quirky insight or humor to share. To you thanks for the great posts and debates. We may not have always agree but with ya'll it has always been fun thanks.

To the rest of you who this post was aimed at in hopes you would give us at least a day

I will get off my now.
Ummmm...you started a negative thread. 'Hi haters!' isn't exactly a positive title.

You could have started a thread about how this was a good win and hopefully it carries over and the team makes a run...but you chose to go with 'Hi haters!' as if this team on a 4 game losing streak didn't deserve criticism.

The fact of the matter is that our schedule will likely have 10 games against teams with losing records and 6 against winning records. Will we finish 10-6?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Fans should give them credit for today's win, and had every right to be negative on them for not only losing those 4 games prior, but how they lost them. But back to today's game, not only did it end the 4 game losing streak to possibly start a turnaround, they beat the Super Bowl champs with a winning record. They finally get that elusive win over a good team out of the way which is great for the psyche of the team.
That is a very good point Millz.....finally got that monkey off their backs.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
Is this the turning point of the season? It certainly has the potential. The Dalton-led Bengals finally got a win against what many consider - struggling or not - to be one of the league's best teams. Not only that, but they won easily due to a solid effort in every facet of the game. Pat Sims' return helped energize a defensive line rotation that was the hallmark of last year's playoff defense. Few penalties. Fundamentally sound tackling. I have to admit that I still have to see it to believe it, but it's encouraging.

Hopefully, we will, indeed, be talking about this as a signature win for this group - one that turned this season around.
I think Sims' importance in the middle is underrated around here. I said in the thread about him returning to practice should help the d-line quite a bit. He has the size to play in the middle. He doesn't get pushed back, and often times generates push of his own. Him in the rotation solidifies the run d, and helps the outside rush.....no doubt in my mind.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Come on folks, you who KNEW the Bengals could win today KNEW the 0-5 Browns would fall before us, as well. Let's have some context, gang!

As for me, well I put $ on the Bengals in all those 4 losses and then took the Giants this week. Oof.
Then you know who to bet on from here on out, right? NOT the Bengals!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
I think Sims' importance in the middle is underrated around here. I said in the thread about him returning to practice should help the d-line quite a bit. He has the size to play in the middle. He doesn't get pushed back, and often times generates push of his own. Him in the rotation solidifies the run d, and helps the outside rush.....no doubt in my mind.
Been thinking the same thing myself. Seemed to me Peko had a pretty good game also. Peko seems to be on and off at times, can't figure it out !
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
LOL I shouldn't have expected any less from the internet and in particular this board. Instead of letting people revel in this victory and keeping your negativity to a minimum. We all have to hear the same predicate BS that you haters/negative people spew every time.

1. Well we haven't won a play off game in 20 years
2. MB still *****
3. Marvin still *****
4. The Bengals still ****
5. It was a fluke
6. Attacking the OP for enjoying this win.
7. Just insulting the OP for the sake of trolling
8. Playing the internet tough guy
9. More Bengals hate
10. More complaining.

I thought about replying but their were just to many negative people to reply to so I will just keep this as a mass reply to all you that had to speak up and troll, be negative or hate.

Let me start by saying I don't care about the past 20 years. Didn't anyone ever teach you people who bring this up not to focus on the past because you can not change it. Why dwell on something you can do nothing about? The only answer I can come up with is that you who do it just have some innate need to complain.

To the rest of you I never said this somehow makes up for the 4 games we dropped I also never said it makes up for 20 years. What I did ask for however was that you let us fans who try to stay more optimistic have a moment to enjoy our victory. Shame on me for that I should have known better I have been on these boards long enough to know a great deal of people on here have nothing better to do than be rude/negative. Most think they know the game of football and just spew ********. To you and those like you thanks for showing me that you can not even hush your mouths for one day.

This is a young team their will be growing pains. I do not see how you negative losers can not realize that. You keep complaining about one thing or another and honestly it is just petty and sad. Do you realize you couldn't even allow those who think like i do to enjoy one day or even one thread with out your negative criticisms. Shame on all of you.

Oh and to the guy that allude to me telling fans how to be fans. If your idea of being a fan is constantly complaining and being negative I think you need to look up the definition of what a fan is again.

There is a core of people on here who have a great deal of football knowledge or at least fun an quirky insight or humor to share. To you thanks for the great posts and debates. We may not have always agree but with ya'll it has always been fun thanks.

To the rest of you who this post was aimed at in hopes you would give us at least a day

I will get off my now.
Let me start by saying that those who do not learn their history are doomed to repeat it......just like the turn of the last century, bought and paid for presidents, etc......but that's another forum.

You CANNOT ignore what has transpired since Mike Clown took over this team, you just can't. Especially when you're talking about fans who have been around since the Paul Brown days, or since the inception of the team.

That said, you have some good points....but all of us who don't think it's Candyland and Willie Wonka aren't HATERS, we're REALISTS.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Typically, when the expectations are the lowest the Bengals will produce. When, the fanbase has high expectations, this team will disappoint.

Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, and Ravens remaining.

Going into the season, that looked like a brutal stretch. In reality, there are only 2 teams with winning records there.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
It's not like there weren't plenty of things to be upset about. The real question now, after seeing what this team is actually capable of is where the hell has it been?

Take Sanu, for instance. After seeing what he can do, how can one not wonder why it took so long to give him his chance?

Might just be me, but it almost seems like Marvin got out of his coordinator's way and let them do their thing. Finally got some aggressive play calling on both sides of the ball and look at the results. Now there will be no excuse for not playing this way every week.

Can't stomp the Giants one week and then lay an egg against the Chefs(they'll always be the Chefs to me. One of the greatest commercials ever) the following week.

Show it to me two weeks in a row and I'll be a believer.
Exactly right McC......I agree on all points. This could be a signature win for this team, but the sad thing is, they lost three they had no business losing and really kinda let Denver off the hook. I'm proud of boys, I hope it's not too late, and they need to keep on keeping on.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
Been thinking the same thing myself. Seemed to me Peko had a pretty good game also. Peko seems to be on and off at times, can't figure it out !
Peko seems to play MUCH better when he's rotated more, and when Sims is in the rotation. Peko has the fire, he just isn't really that big. One thing that's hurt our d-line was replacing solid rotational guys (Rucker, Fanene) with turds in FA. When the kid out of Penn State (Still....my brain wasn't working until I had the post typed....lol) gets some more snaps under his belt and beefs up a little, I think he'll be a big contributor, I've liked what I've seen out of him thus far. Sims coming back was huge. I just saw highlights....family pictures, company, lots of stuff going on. How did Kirkpatrick look?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 109858

Quote:
caddie, as I stated previously, I love your enthusiasm for this team. And you're right - we should enjoy this victory. However, let's enjoy it for what it is: a victory over the New York Giants, not a victory over a certain segment of this fan base. You can't expect to come in here and call out that part of the fan base - particularly by using the very unfair label of "hater" in the thread title - then object to those who take exception to it.

There's way too much emphasis on the fans by the fans in this forum. That's not to say that the fans aren't an important part of the equation with this franchise. We are. All of us. It simply means that too many people are too concerned about how others choose to be fans of this team. We're all different people with different personalities and one common bond. If a fan wants to remain optimistic in the midst of a 4-game losing streak, then so be it. If another remains skeptical after a big win like the one we witnessed yesterday, it's understandable. Just let fans be fans.

So, all I ask is, if you truly want to revel in the outcome of this game - and it's definitely worth reveling in - then focus on the game, not other peoples' reactions to it.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73607

Quote:
caddie, as I stated previously, I love your enthusiasm for this team. And you're right - we should enjoy this victory. However, let's enjoy it for what it is: a victory over the New York Giants, not a victory over a certain segment of this fan base. You can't expect to come in here and call out that part of the fan base - particularly by using the very unfair label of "hater" in the thread title - then object to those who take exception to it.

There's way too much emphasis on the fans by the fans in this forum. That's not to say that the fans aren't an important part of the equation with this franchise. We are. All of us. It simply means that too many people are too concerned about how others choose to be fans of this team. We're all different people with different personalities and one common bond. If a fan wants to remain optimistic in the midst of a 4-game losing streak, then so be it. If another remains skeptical after a big win like the one we witnessed yesterday, it's understandable. Just let fans be fans.

So, all I ask is, if you truly want to revel in the outcome of this game - and it's definitely worth reveling in - then focus on the game, not other peoples' reactions to it.
Stop this senseless intelligence
Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31517

Quote:

Couldn't have said it better. The boards would be a better place if we weren't so focused on which side we're on. I'm so burned out on this homer vs hater stuff.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Couldn't have said it better. The boards would be a better place if we weren't so focused on which side we're on. I'm so burned out on this homer vs hater stuff.
Be thankful that you weren't here for the 2008 season.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-220
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Shut up, homer.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1166

how could anyone expect a win like that yest after the way the secondary played all season?....calling a spade a spade man...i love the bengals but i dont watch em wearing orange and black glasses and see all the holes this team has...but great win...now lets see how they play when they will be favored to win...2 in a row would be an excellent start to a long winning streak
Old 11-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2897

Quote:

SUPER MOD to the rescue! Well put.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Shut up, homer.
Pipe down, hater.