Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2880
Default Good Job, Marvin!

I'm quite sure the anti-Lewis crowd will respond with the typical comment, "...They won in spite of Lewis...".
The fact that Coach Lewis pulled the psychological strings that caused a young talented team to respond with obvious confidence and attitude is admirable and experience extraordinaire. It was THIS type of mental work by Coach Marvin Lewis as a Defensive Coordinator that transformed Ray Lewis and the Ravens' defense. Marvin Lewis was Ray Lewis' personal mentor.
Coach Lewis "..Grew this young team up." He also challenged his Coordinators, too. After all the Bashing, Criticizing and Name-Calling, Give this Man credit!

FYI: The font is a tribute to DENNY.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7473
Default Re: Good Job, Marvin!

It was a great W, and I'll give credit where credit is due but are we already letting him out of the dog house? I'd like to see how the season plays out..
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11255

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor24 View Post
I'm quite sure the anti-Lewis crowd will respond with the typical comment, "...They won in spite of Lewis...".
The fact that Coach Lewis pulled the psychological strings that caused a young talented team to respond with obvious confidence and attitude is admirable and experience extraordinaire. It was THIS type of mental work by Coach Marvin Lewis as a Defensive Coordinator that transformed Ray Lewis and the Ravens' defense. Marvin Lewis was Ray Lewis' personal mentor.
Coach Lewis "..Grew this young team up." He also challenged his Coordinators, too. After all the Bashing, Criticizing and Name-Calling, Give this Man credit!

It was one game. Lets see if the team continues to play aggressive and attack the other side of the ball or goes back to the play conservative and let the other team dictate how the game is played before all of the where are the haters at threads show up and call everyone out....
Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22487

Quote:

I'd like to suggest an alternate scenario where Marvin got out of his coordinators' way and let them do what they can do. Either way, a huge win that hopefully starts the ball rolling.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
It was a great W, and I'll give credit where credit is due but are we already letting him out of the dog house? I'd like to see how the season plays out..
This, this is a once in a blue moon victory for Lewis as winning against solid teams just doesn't happen nearly often enough.

It was odd seeing the Bengals play great football against a good team, lets hope it continues!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

I saw the post game talk Marvin he had with the team last night..he said it was the little things that made the win..He always says that for a win or a loss..lol
Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8983

The reaction to one win shows just how far downtrodden the Bengals fanbase is.

It's like we won the Super Bowl.

It was a great win...but it doesn't erase the losses to the Dolphins, Browns, Steelers, or Broncos.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:

I will give Marvin credit. He had the team ready to play today,and they looked sharp in all three areas. However,that doesn't give him a pass on the club underachieving throughout the first half of the season. To me,it's still playoffs or bust for Marvin. He has to prove that he can sustain sucess and build off of it.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
The reaction to one win shows just how far downtrodden the Bengals fanbase is.

It's like we won the Super Bowl.

It was a great win...but it doesn't erase the losses to the Dolphins, Browns, Steelers, or Broncos.
Don't worry.

The Bengal fan base demonstrated how much they have given up on the Bengals with an attendance of 56,614.

The Bengals fans can continue to demonstrate their excellent memory when the Bengals play the Raiders in 2 weeks.

Bengal fans, don't let this win over a team with a winning record confuse you! Teach the Bengals a lesson. Continue to get football games blacked out, so that the rest of the fan base doesn't see a good win and can deny it actually happening!

And if the Bengals beat KC at Arrowhead, dont' waver! The Bengals will still be mediocre at 5-5. Don't support this young, developing team. Squelch their spirit and show them that you don't like their owner!

Who Dey!

The Bucs had 54,813 in attendance.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1259

Quote:
I'm quite sure this was one game......

That's the problem with people on this message board. If the Bengals lose one game you have people shouting "THIS TEAM IS TERRIBLE". And if the Bengals win one game you have people going "MARVIN LEWIS IS A GOOD COACH". Neither of these are true. The fact is we have a really good team, but Marvin Lewis is a terrible if not average, head coach. Marvin Lewis hardly ever shows that killer instinct that other teams have. When I was watching the Ravens vs Oakland game yesterday, the Ravens were up by two scores with a minute left in the 2nd half and they had the ball. What did they do? They drove down the field before the end of the half and scored a touchdown.

This is the type of thing that seperates the Bengals from the better teams. If that were Marvin Lewis coaching, we wouldve either ran the clock out or got just close enough to kick a field goal if we happened to be down in points. The problem with Marvin Lewis is that he will hardly ever coach to win the game. He just coaches enough not to lose and this is why we're always so close and end up losing in the end.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3073

Quote:
I would agree, last week most, including me, were looking for the next coach. That looked like a different team out there and the Giants were bad. It really has been a crazy year in the NFL altogether.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Don't worry.

The Bengal fan base demonstrated how much they have given up on the Bengals with an attendance of 56,614.

The Bengals fans can continue to demonstrate their excellent memory when the Bengals play the Raiders in 2 weeks.

Bengal fans, don't let this win over a team with a winning record confuse you! Teach the Bengals a lesson. Continue to get football games blacked out, so that the rest of the fan base doesn't see a good win and can deny it actually happening!

And if the Bengals beat KC at Arrowhead, dont' waver! The Bengals will still be mediocre at 5-5. Don't support this young, developing team. Squelch their spirit and show them that you don't like their owner!

Who Dey!

Funny they also lost to a Browns team with no wins. A Steelers team with a lot of injuries. A Dolphins team that is now 4-5 with a rookie QB.

It's the definition of mediocrity...

They should finish the year 10-6 just by beating teams with a losing record.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Don't worry.

Who Dey!

Why must every thread you post in be something negative about the attendance. I'm starting to find it entertaining.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Why must every thread you post in be something negative about the attendance. I'm starting to find it entertaining.
Don't tell anyone! The game was blacked out because of the attendance. Shhhhhh!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-cincinnati/
Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21759

Quote:

Give me this speech after we string several wins together, make the playoffs, and actually win there !
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21759

Quote:
Maybe he has a concession stand at PBS ? ?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Funny they also lost to a Browns team with no wins. A Steelers team with a lot of injuries. A Dolphins team that is now 4-5 with a rookie QB.

It's the definition of mediocrity...

They should finish the year 10-6 just by beating teams with a losing record.
Do you think that Giant fans are saying today that they should have beat the Bengals yesterday? Probably. Heck, some Bengal fans are saying that the Giants should have beaten the Bengals.

What about the 49ers tieing the Rams? Or the Lions and the Vikings?

Don't get confused by this win against the Giants!

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 22 years. They haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in over 30 (with only 4 instances in 44 years). MB is still the owner. ML is still the HC. The Bengals approach to free agency hasn't changed. There is no in-door practice field. The Bengals still have $9 million in salary cap. The scouting department is still the smallest in the NFL. J Jo is still a Houston Texan. And countless Bengals have requested to get out of this hopeless franchise.

None of this has changed.

Gladly, this game was blacked out so there is still a chance that the Cincinnati fan base will not get on board with this mediocre team.

Who Dey!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
lol
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Don't tell anyone! The game was blacked out because of the attendance. Shhhhhh!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-cincinnati/
Your "secret" is safe with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
LOL
Old 11-12-2012, 10:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13923

Quote:

Ill give him credit for this game but thats about it. The man has been here for 10 years now and I think we've seen all marvin is going to give us. Marvin is who he is, he's not suddenly gonna snap out of it and become vince lombardi.

Ill always respect marvin for what he did when he first got here. He took a team that was widely considered the worst in all of the professional sports and immediately made them relevant. That was no easy task and Ill always remember him for that. However, he isnt the guy that can get us over the hump. His body of work proves that.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Don't worry.

Who Dey!

Super Troll response

Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Crimson View Post
I'm quite sure this was one game......

That's the problem with people on this message board. If the Bengals lose one game you have people shouting "THIS TEAM IS TERRIBLE". And if the Bengals win one game you have people going "MARVIN LEWIS IS A GOOD COACH". Neither of these are true. The fact is we have a really good team, but Marvin Lewis is a terrible if not average, head coach. Marvin Lewis hardly ever shows that killer instinct that other teams have. When I was watching the Ravens vs Oakland game yesterday, the Ravens were up by two scores with a minute left in the 2nd half and they had the ball. What did they do? They drove down the field before the end of the half and scored a touchdown.

This is the type of thing that seperates the Bengals from the better teams. If that were Marvin Lewis coaching, we wouldve either ran the clock out or got just close enough to kick a field goal if we happened to be down in points. The problem with Marvin Lewis is that he will hardly ever coach to win the game. He just coaches enough not to lose and this is why we're always so close and end up losing in the end.
Yep, 31 to 13 was a very close win
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24924

I've got an idea. Why don't we spread disention on the boards and get people urinating all over each other? That sounds like a splendid idea!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Do you think that Giant fans are saying today that they should have beat the Bengals yesterday? Probably. Heck, some Bengal fans are saying that the Giants should have beaten the Bengals.

What about the 49ers tieing the Rams? Or the Lions and the Vikings?

Don't get confused by this win against the Giants!

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 22 years. They haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in over 30 (with only 4 instances in 44 years). MB is still the owner. ML is still the HC. The Bengals approach to free agency hasn't changed. There is no in-door practice field. The Bengals still have $9 million in salary cap. The scouting department is still the smallest in the NFL. J Jo is still a Houston Texan. And countless Bengals have requested to get out of this hopeless franchise.

None of this has changed.

Gladly, this game was blacked out so there is still a chance that the Cincinnati fan base will not get on board with this mediocre team.

Who Dey!
You are correct on most of that stuff. And we are still 4-5 instead of the 7-2 or 6-3 that most predicted.

After losing 4 winnable games...the Giants win is a step in the right direction...but the only thing that is going to erase the stench of the past 4 losses, is a winning streak. We play a string of games against losing teams so it's possible.

The Giants record under Couglin in November has been pretty bad for whatever reason. It's kind of interesting.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1259

Quote:
Yep, 31 to 13 was a very close win
I think you missed the part where I said it was one game. I'm sorry, but one game doesn't make up for what is an undeniable fact that has been made through countless other games in the past.