Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36265
Default Re: Star Wars fans discuss: Disney buys Lucas Arts. Plans Ep 7, 8 & 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Being realistic, they were already playing characters younger than they were in 1977. Carrie was the closest to her character's age at 21 playing a 18-19 year old and Mark was 26 playing the same age. Ford was 35 playing playing a 29 year old. The last major series (Legacy of the Force) took place 40 years after the first book. So if they go with this, they're at least playing 60-70 year olds, which is realistic. If the decide to go afterwards, that would work too.
This is exactly what I was talking about. Post Yuuzhan Vong (which is the LotF series) would be the only way.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14183

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
This is exactly what I was talking about. Post Yuuzhan Vong (which is the LotF series) would be the only way.
I stopped at invincible because I couldn't accept the fact that SPOILER ALERT!!! Jaina could kill Jacen is a duel and because he was my favorite character, so I have no clue what the series post LotF has looked like. LotF definitely could make for a good condensed trilogy but they would need to find a way to introduce characters and briefly explain the significance of NJO and the Dark Nest Crisis.

For those unfamiliar with these books, this is how the trio is portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I stopped at invincible because I couldn't accept the fact that SPOILER ALERT!!! Jaina could kill Jacen is a duel and because he was my favorite character, so I have no clue what the series post LotF has looked like. LotF definitely could make for a good condensed trilogy but they would need to find a way to introduce characters and briefly explain the significance of NJO and the Dark Nest Crisis.
It's kind of sad that people will miss out on all the in between stuff, but it would be the most logical place to go with the movies. Most people that like Star Wars don't know all the stuff before Phantom Menace time frame. So going with stuff still associated with those characters would make the most sense.

I'm still holding out for a movie about the Dawn of the Jedi.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:
A lot of stuff got skipped....

But im sure whatever they do will be interesting. It wont be the orginial lucas arts story ark though (the one they set up when planning on 12 episodes.)
Old 11-12-2012, 01:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
A lot of stuff got skipped....

But im sure whatever they do will be interesting. It wont be the orginial lucas arts story ark though (the one they set up when planning on 12 episodes.)
Yeah, but you can't really do movies about a 20 year old Luke and Leia and a 30 year old Han when the actors are never going to be convincing enough to pull it of. Essentially, we will get episodes 10, 11, and 12.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Yeah, but you can't really do movies about a 20 year old Luke and Leia and a 30 year old Han when the actors are never going to be convincing enough to pull it of. Essentially, we will get episodes 10, 11, and 12.
which will be fine....

We were suppose to meet lukes sister in episode 8 and her name wasnt lela...
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
which will be fine....

Do you mean an adopted sister? Luke and Leia were the only children from Anakin or Padme (unless there is some obscure piece of canon out there that states otherwise that I am unaware of).
Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 235

Well, Lucas was making it all up as he went along anyway (he never had it all planned out like he initially said he did), so meh.

Last edited by BumpyTrumpy; 11-12-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
which will be fine....

Luke was also suppose to finally confront the Emperor then and it would take place a few decades after RotJ. This is all story he thought before he finished the original trilogy and he allowed future writers to write new canon post RotJ. For the prequels, he was a lot more restrictive on the content prior to episode 4.

I imagine he abandoned all of this.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
--------
Quote:
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Luke was also suppose to finally confront the Emperor then and it would take place a few decades after RotJ. This is all story he thought before he finished the original trilogy and he allowed future writers to write new canon post RotJ. For the prequels, he was a lot more restrictive on the content prior to episode 4.

I imagine he abandoned all of this.
Actually Lucas was making it up as he went along. Which Gary Kurtz and Lucas himself admit to.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Do you mean an adopted sister? Luke and Leia were the only children from Anakin or Padme (unless there is some obscure piece of canon out there that states otherwise that I am unaware of).
ill try and find the article i was reading about it to share with you....

but Lela i dont think was originally intended to be his sister or maybe not a character at all or an imposter sister lol (made that last one up but where are her jedi powers...)
Old 11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyTrumpy View Post
Actually Lucas was making it up as he went along. Which Gary Kurtz and Lucas himself admit to.
Yea, there's a lot of contradicting quotes from him throughout the years. At some points he says 12, some he says 9, at one point he said no one would ever be making 7,8,9. Timothy Zahn has said the books were only ever suppose to be books.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
Quote:
--------
Quote:

Old 11-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yea, there's a lot of contradicting quotes from him throughout the years. At some points he says 12, some he says 9, at one point he said no one would ever be making 7,8,9. Timothy Zahn has said the books were only ever suppose to be books.
Did you see the letter he wrote to the Lost producers, saying he was making it up as he went along? It reads so unlike anything that Lucas has ever said about SW, that it almost seems made up. But it isn't.

Congratulations on pulling off an amazing show. Don’t tell anyone … but when ‘Star Wars’ first came out, I didn’t know where it was going either. The trick is to pretend you’ve planned the whole thing out in advance. Throw in some father issues and references to other stories — let’s call them homages — and you’ve got a series.
In six seasons, you’ve managed to span both time and space, and I don’t think I’m alone in saying that I never saw what was around the corner. Now that it’s all coming to an end, it’s impressive to see how much was planned out in advance and how neatly you’ve wrapped up everything. You’ve created something really special. I’m sad that the series is ending, but I look forward to seeing what you two are going to do next.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11232

The Replacements:

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Old 06-09-2013, 10:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12336

I don't have a clue what most of you are talking about. I'm huge fan of the original trilogy, but I've never read any of the books/novels. And even though the prequels were a huge disappointment, I'm somewhat excited about the announcement of more movies. With that said, I'm very interested in reading some of the books that take place after Jedi to see where the story went. Which ones would you all recommend, and are they still available?
“Eventually, it won’t be football. If every time someone gets hurt we decide to take that play out of football it will be a different game. They need to change the name of it and change the name of the league." - Ryan Clark
Old 06-09-2013, 10:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4118

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKiller View Post
I don't have a clue what most of you are talking about. I'm huge fan of the original trilogy, but I've never read any of the books/novels. And even though the prequels were a huge disappointment, I'm somewhat excited about the announcement of more movies. With that said, I'm very interested in reading some of the books that take place after Jedi to see where the story went. Which ones would you all recommend, and are they still available?
Thrawn Triology is a great start or anything written by either Timmothy Zahn or Michael Stackpole. RA Salvatore starts out the New Jedi Order series, but thats about 15 to 20 books into the expanded universe. If you are a Mandolorian/Boba Fett fan try Karen Traviss's Republic Commando Series.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKiller View Post

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_books

Must reads (in chronological order):

Courtship of Princess Leia

The Thrawn Trilogy

The Jedi Academy Trilogy

The New Jedi Order (20+ book series)

The Dark Nest Trilogy

The Legacy of the Force (I stopped at this series)

Fate of the Jedi

There's a lot of material in between the Academy series and the New Jedi Order, but none that are on the level of the Thrawn or Academy series and you could go online and read what happens in between. Mostly side character development and political on goings of the galaxy. The Solo twins have their own young adult novel series and the youngest Solo has his own kids series. The New Jedi Order is where the **** hits the fan. The rest involve the aftermath and recovery.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
Quote:
--------
Quote:

Old 06-09-2013, 02:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmorePat87 View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_books

Must reads (in chronological order):

Courtship of Princess Leia

The Thrawn Trilogy

The Jedi Academy Trilogy

The New Jedi Order (20+ book series)

The Dark Nest Trilogy

The Legacy of the Force (I stopped at this series)

Fate of the Jedi

There's a lot of material in between the Academy series and the New Jedi Order, but none that are on the level of the Thrawn or Academy series and you could go online and read what happens in between. Mostly side character development and political on goings of the galaxy. The Solo twins have their own young adult novel series and the youngest Solo has his own kids series. The New Jedi Order is where the **** hits the fan. The rest involve the aftermath and recovery.
I personally don't like the academy series because I'm not a fan of how Anderson( much better editor) writes but stackpole wrote a book that runs along that series called I, Jedi that is a great book.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12336

Thanks for the info guys. Time to start looking for these books, I've got some catching up to do.
“Eventually, it won’t be football. If every time someone gets hurt we decide to take that play out of football it will be a different game. They need to change the name of it and change the name of the league." - Ryan Clark
Old 06-13-2013, 04:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synric View Post
I personally don't like the academy series because I'm not a fan of how Anderson( much better editor) writes but stackpole wrote a book that runs along that series called I, Jedi that is a great book.
I left out I, Jedi and some others because, while they are great books, they don't move the story line of the core characters as significantly as these do.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
Quote:
--------
Quote:

Old 06-13-2013, 06:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmorePat87 View Post
I left out I, Jedi and some others because, while they are great books, they don't move the story line of the core characters as significantly as these do.
I understand was just pointing out that you can get most of the base story plots from the Academy series in I,Jedi and Corran Horn is the best character in the expanded universe that isn't in the movies. (Unless you throw in Thrawn and that is really a toss up.)