Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18116
Default Re: Can they please start SANU at WR vs Giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunzbengal#1FAN View Post
I was going to start a thread about Sanu and how he is outplaying everyone not names a.j. So little snaps and consistently gets open. Caoches are dumb!

Last edited by BengalYankee; 11-06-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1359

Have some darn faith in the young kids. Guys that have taen 3-4 yrs to sho up probably aren't all you think they are. Let's go with San u and Jones and see what we got.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7362

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
Have some darn faith in the young kids. Guys that have taen 3-4 yrs to sho up probably aren't all you think they are. Let's go with San u and Jones and see what we got.
I know he gambled on baseball as a manager, but I liked one of Pete Rose ideas on managing. ...When asked if some players were too young, he said, " Hey, Hutchinson gave me a chance when I was young. Everybody has to be young once in their lives. I'm not going to keep somebody on the bench just because their only fault is that they are young. "

So I'm all for Green and Sanu getting the most WR playing time the second half of the season. It looks like our best combo, with Hawk in as a 3rd WR as a slot reciever sometimes........and how about some double TE formations with Gresham and Charles because those seem to work when used.

I agree with the person who said Marvin gets hard headed on things. Jay Gruden seems hard headed about not playing Sanu also, going on who looks good in practice...Then maybe something is wrong with the way these coaches have practice, because in games Sanu looks great.....Going from 3-1 to 3-5, wanting his QB and MLB to be "prycks" ( his real word for jerks ) , not playing Sanu....This is probably Marvins worst coaching year since he has been here. I'm not sure Marvin even knows what he is doing anymore. This team has had jerks who couldn't lead like Pros, Hey Marvin, why not try to have Pros that lead and a team that doesn't act like jerks for a change. Your jerks had too many 4 win seasons anyway.

Sanu ! Sanu ! Sanu ! Sanu ! Sanu ! Sanu ! Sanu ! Sanu !

Last edited by kevin; 11-06-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
Hopefully Marvin Jones is back next week and the lineup is:

AJ, Sanu, Hawk, Jones.
4 WRs, 5 oline, QB, RB.

I guess you are in favor of benching Gresham.

BTW, Gresham is 2nd in yards (433), 2nd in receptions (34), 2nd in targets (51), 2nd in yards after catch (195), 2nd in first downs (18), & tied for 2nd in TD (2). http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/...innati-bengals

If you want to run a 3 WR set, then you can have 3 WRs (AJ, Jones, Hawk/Sanu), TE, 5 olinemen, QB, & RB. But, of course, in the 3 WR set scenario, you are keeping Orson Charles off the field.

Last edited by mulligan; 11-06-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 501

Brandon Tate is not as bad as many think. He has the size , speed and hands. IMO this kid can play. If anything he makes too many mental errors, but not as many as the great HOF Gresham. Dalton has also tossed him some not great passes at times. i hope tate proves me right.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronomo View Post
Brandon Tate is not as bad as many think. He has the size , speed and hands. IMO this kid can play. If anything he makes too many mental errors, but not as many as the great HOF Gresham. Dalton has also tossed him some not great passes at times. i hope tate proves me right.
I hope this is a joke or Brandon Tate's mother.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4119

3 reasons why I don't think Sanu will start Sunday (or any time this year):

1.) ML is a huge believer in practice. We've all been told that Binns is a practice warrior. So,...

2.) It seems like they want to limit Sanu's snaps so that he is effective on trick plays or as a decoy for someone else (trick play)

3.) ML is a huge believer that rookies don't play in front of veterans (unless they are extraordinary--AJ)

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

#15--gone, but never forgotten...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19732

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr18 View Post
3 reasons why I don't think Sanu will start Sunday (or any time this year):

1.) ML is a huge believer in practice. We've all been told that Binns is a practice warrior. So,...

2.) It seems like they want to limit Sanu's snaps so that he is effective on trick plays or as a decoy for someone else (trick play)

3.) ML is a huge believer that rookies don't play in front of veterans (unless they are extraordinary--AJ)
!. Marvin is a fool. The players deserve better.

2. That is some real boneheaded coaching. The fans deserve better.

3. Marvin couldn't coach water to be wet. The city deserves better.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17571

Quote:
Tate is garbage.

Whalen can get better separation than him FFS, and he's slow, white, and more of a slot guy.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-07-2012, 07:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20071

Quote:

Tate and Binns are nothing more than backups. Binns might perhaps develop into starting material one year tho I wont hold my breath on that (legit material I mean), but Tate just wont ever be a legit number two starter. He is nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd string receiver that should get very few snaps a game.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20071

Who else thinks Sanu should be the starter after today's performance over Tate? Binns was inactive for Whalen who I didnt notice out there.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Who else thinks Sanu should be the starter after today's performance over Tate? Binns was inactive for Whalen who I didnt notice out there.
I've been saying for the longest, the kid can ball. The guy is a solid built guy too. He should be able to get separation from his size alone.

I say start him. He has to keep improving of course. I know everyone has been drooling over Marvin Jone but since we drafted him, I felt like this Sanu was our future 2. Now Marvin can be a heck of a weapon. But Sanu is my guy.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2969

I thought it would be Jones (and if not for the injury, I may have been correct) that would be starting by now, but either way Sanu played wonderfully. It was a huge relief to see someone other than Green having success out there. Come out next week and beat a slumping Chiefs team, and the Bengals are 5-5 with an outside shot of the WC. Still not lost.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
He didn't see a damn snap, and Tate saw 9 billion while doing nothing.

I can't grasp this.

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-11-2012, 05:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26714
bengals Re: Can they please start SANU at WR vs Giants.

Quote:
Even though the season is virtually over with the schedule ahead, can they please for the love of the football gods start Sanu? How the coaching staff handled the receivers this off-season & season is a tragedy, and I am calling them out for that WR by committee crap they were advertising. Sure bring in receivers at times for breathers and such, but if they don't start Sanu next week and let him be the main #2 guy out there as opposed to Tate/Binns, then I will post about it again, that is how mad I will be.

Now I am waiting for the response that coaches see more and know more than I do. Well whatever, but when it comes to this particular topic, they have been wrong from the get-go. Sanu should be the starter for the remaining 8 games, period.

Good call.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9962

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD-88 View Post
I've been saying for the longest, the kid can ball. The guy is a solid built guy too. He should be able to get separation from his size alone.

I say start him. He has to keep improving of course. I know everyone has been drooling over Marvin Jone but since we drafted him, I felt like this Sanu was our future 2. Now Marvin can be a heck of a weapon. But Sanu is my guy.
I hate WR by committee.

They have to build chemistry with Dalton. The more Dalton trusts his other WRs besides Green and Gresh the less predictable he'll be.

Keep Sanu in and tell Tate to grab some Gatorade.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
He didn't see a damn snap, and Tate saw 9 billion while doing nothing.

I can't grasp this.
Well,that's because going into the game this week,Tate vs Whalen broke down like this...

Tate=7 catches on 15 targets[46.7%],105 yards,15.0 ypc,7 ypa,1 TD

Whalen=4 catches on 7 targets[57.1%],31 yards,7.8 ypc,4.42 ypa

The Bengals complete a higher percentage of passes to Whalen than Tate,but it's all check down stuff. Whalen can't get seperation downfield at all. Tate catches fewer passes thrown his way,but when he does catch one,it's usually for a significant gain.

The debate between the two is pretty much a moot point,as both guys frankly aren't doing much in the passing game. When it comes to targets vs. completions,Tate has the lowest completed to percentage on the team at 46.7% while Whalen is 3rd worst[57.1%]. Chris Pressley is 2nd worst at 50%[1 catch on two targets]. Whalen also has the 3rd worst yards per pass attempt on the team,at 4.42. Only Pressley[.5 yads/attempt] and BJGE[3.31 yards/attempt] are worse in that department. Whalen is trash,as well,and neither he nor Tate should be getting significant looks in the passing game.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3154

The Giants game just further proves that Sanu is reliable catching machine and that Tate is near worthless. Can't wait for Marvin Jones to get healthy again. Green, Sanu, Hawkins, Gresham, and Jones will be a fun group of receivers to watch.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
this goofy arse coaching staff could have a future HOFer in the making and sit him for 2 seasons under a scrub,,,thats how stupid they are.

And no im not saying sanu is future HOF.

Just saying thats how dumb they are.
Please. Give us an example of a future HOFer or even a Pro-Bowl player that sat for 2 seasons behind a scrub.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Well,that's because going into the game this week,Tate vs Whalen broke down like this...

Tate=7 catches on 15 targets[46.7%],105 yards,15.0 ypc,7 ypa,1 TD

Whalen=4 catches on 7 targets[57.1%],31 yards,7.8 ypc,4.42 ypa

The Bengals complete a higher percentage of passes to Whalen than Tate,but it's all check down stuff. Whalen can't get seperation downfield at all. Tate catches fewer passes thrown his way,but when he does catch one,it's usually for a significant gain.

The debate between the two is pretty much a moot point,as both guys frankly aren't doing much in the passing game. When it comes to targets vs. completions,Tate has the lowest completed to percentage on the team at 46.7% while Whalen is 3rd worst[57.1%]. Chris Pressley is 2nd worst at 50%[1 catch on two targets]. Whalen also has the 3rd worst yards per pass attempt on the team,at 4.42. Only Pressley[.5 yads/attempt] and BJGE[3.31 yards/attempt] are worse in that department. Whalen is trash,as well,and neither he nor Tate should be getting significant looks in the passing game.
Haha, Whalen is a trash, good one!

Check down or not, Whalen was getting separation all day on Pitt defenders, and he's a "slow, white guy."

Whereas Tate does not appear to be an NFL calibre WR, and if he is, we aren't using him correctly.

He *****. *****, *****, *****.

But Whalen is trash is a good one!

And I LOVE how you use plain numbers without context to try and prove your point, when it is so false its ridiculous.

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18213

Good call Millz.....
Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73391

Quote:
It's not like any other player deserves the spot. I don't worry about limited separation when he won't have anything extra on him and can make regular contested catches by knowing the subtle nuances. He'll kill zone Ds soon. When Marvin Jones gets out there and Sanu works against more slot guys, safeties, and occasionally LBs, the O can be dangerous.

Also, I want to see 4 and 5 WR sets more often with Gresh, Sanu, Hawk, Jones,, and obviously AJ. Then you get their dime Ds out and force very weak setups against a huge variety of play style receivers. Then you can move Hawk or Sanu into the backfield and have them run against a singular linebacker.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Please. Give us an example of a future HOFer or even a Pro-Bowl player that sat for 2 seasons behind a scrub.
Don't know about future HOFers or Pro Bowlers, but a few good young guys have had to sit behind Gaethers....wasn't Geno a backup for a while when it was OBVIOUS he was the better player? I'm sure we could go on here stripes.....I don't think the guy meant it literally, just a case of using hyperbole to prove a point, IMO. If he was serious, then he has some bigger problems than the Bengals to sort out, 'cause only have 1 HOFer......EVER.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
It's not like any other player deserves the spot. I don't worry about limited separation when he won't have anything extra on him and can make regular contested catches by knowing the subtle nuances. He'll kill zone Ds soon. When Marvin Jones gets out there and Sanu works against more slot guys, safeties, and occasionally LBs, the O can be dangerous.

Also, I want to see 4 and 5 WR sets more often with Gresh, Sanu, Hawk, Jones,, and obviously AJ. Then you get their dime Ds out and force very weak setups against a huge variety of play style receivers. Then you can move Hawk or Sanu into the backfield and have them run against a singular linebacker.
Yup, good call. You could even go flea flicker option pass with Sanu, double reverse....lots of possibilities there. I like the idea...
Old 11-12-2012, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD-88 View Post

I kinda see it as, Aj is the new and better chad, Sanu is the new and hopefully better TJ, and jones is the new chris henry without the baggage. Sanu is a great possession reciever like TJ was and jones will be our speedy deep threat that stretches the field and gets the double off AJ.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2