Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2012, 01:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1327
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

To me it all comes down to one simple fact: He demanded a trade. Not only did he demand a trade, but he hated our city and viewed them as so pathetic that he vowed to RETIRE over putting on a Bengals uniform again. I take that personally. The Bengals may be a joke franchise, but their MY joke franchise. On top of that he insulted the city, fans, and teammates.

Carson played like garbage his final years here. The fact that he thought he was above getting booed or disliked or criticized after only 2 truly great seasons in 8 years here is a joke.

Only diva wide receivers demand trades. Carson spent all those years convincing us he was a classy, bright, humble guy, and then pulls a stunt on par with anything Terrell Owens ever did. Even Chad came to his senses.

I'm glad he's gone. I'm glad we got incredible trade value out of a third tier QB. I'm glad we have Andy Dalton. I'm glad we freed up all the money from his laughable contract.

But I will be burning his jersey that day. To me, his decision will always be personal.

-Marvin Lewis
Old 11-12-2012, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Why the hate for CP9? He was the best QB this team had in a LONG time. The man should be applauded..
The guy never thanked the fans... He showed Zer0 class and for that and how he left I hope
we crush him and the Raiders.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20048

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfanatic85 View Post
To me it all comes down to one simple fact: He demanded a trade. Not only did he demand a trade, but he hated our city and viewed them as so pathetic that he vowed to RETIRE over putting on a Bengals uniform again. I take that personally. The Bengals may be a joke franchise, but their MY joke franchise. On top of that he insulted the city, fans, and teammates.

Carson played like garbage his final years here. The fact that he thought he was above getting booed or disliked or criticized after only 2 truly great seasons in 8 years here is a joke.

Only diva wide receivers demand trades. Carson spent all those years convincing us he was a classy, bright, humble guy, and then pulls a stunt on par with anything Terrell Owens ever did. Even Chad came to his senses.

I'm glad he's gone. I'm glad we got incredible trade value out of a third tier QB. I'm glad we have Andy Dalton. I'm glad we freed up all the money from his laughable contract.

But I will be burning his jersey that day. To me, his decision will always be personal.
Really........when did he say all those things?

Where were the insults, got a link?

Look, Boomer "demanded a trade" too.......you hate him as well? Did he "insult the fans and the city" also?

I understand your frustration and even the irrational emotions over this business decision, but come on man, there's no reason to lie.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh-Nam View Post
The guy never thanked the fans... He showed Zer0 class and for that and how he left I hope
we crush him and the Raiders.
Now this is the best reason i have seen....it's accurate, rational, and correct.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyforkbengal View Post
I

If Carson had a problem big enough to retire from a 50 million he should have called somebody out. and said why he was leaving. A simple "I cant play for Marvin Lewis anymore, its either him or me!" or "Mike Brown is an idiot, I cant play another down for him". Instead he just held his middle finger up to an organization and a fanbase that has suffered along time before anyone knew who he was. That is where the hate comes from.
Yes. He didn't speak a word through the whole ordeal and let his agent do all the talking. The ultimate diss. We as fans could only speculate the disdain he had for the city, team, fans, coaches, organization, state, etc.. He didn't even have the stones to come out and speak his mind and MAYBE incite some change around here. If you're gonna act like an idiot, go out in style.

To all the Carson apologists, get used to it. This game is the closure all of us have been waiting for and you will likely see countless threads leading up to the Oakland game.

-Marvin Lewis
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I dont think anyone is upset at Carson for not playing hard or what he didnt do on the field. Carson took the easy way out of a disgruntled orginzation instead of turning us into a consistent winner. These players forget that the only reason that they make millions of dollars is because the fans watch this crap. Football is not a government job that is necessary to health and well being of this country. It exists because we let it exist.

If Carson had a problem big enough to retire from a 50 million he should have called somebody out. and said why he was leaving. A simple "I cant play for Marvin Lewis anymore, its either him or me!" or "Mike Brown is an idiot, I cant play another down for him"
. Instead he just held his middle finger up to an organization and a fanbase that has suffered along time before anyone knew who he was. That is where the hate comes from.
Couldn't agree more......
Old 11-12-2012, 01:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post

Look, Boomer "demanded a trade" too.......you hate him as well? Did he "insult the fans and the city" also?

I understand your frustration and even the irrational emotions over this business decision, but come on man, there's no reason to lie.
Yes I hate Boomer. Yes he insults the fans city and organization. He does it on a weekly basis on CBS and on his radio show. Clearly you haven't ever listened to one word of his as a professional broadcaster. Boomer is a moron. I wasn't really around to see him play but anyone who had a career like his as a QB should have become an ambassador for the city and team, instead of constantly rubbing salt in the wound. Or at least keep his mouth shut. Even Collinsworth, the top of the food chain in broadcasting, sticks up for us and shows mild fandom for the team and city.

Dude, Carson may not have literally said "I hate the fans and city"( He didn't say much of anything, matter of fact). BUT WHY ELSE DO YOU CHOOSE TO RETIRE OVER EVER PUTTING ON A BENGALS UNIFORM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

He clearly hated playing for us. STOP CALLING IT A BUSINESS DECISION!!

What kind of "businessman" leaves over 50 million on the table ? What kind of businessman goes to play in Oakland(the only organization worse than ours) where I can almost guarantee he won't be starting anymore at some point next season?

-Marvin Lewis

Last edited by bengalsfanatic85; 11-12-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey1302 View Post
The "hate" exists for his refusal to live up to the contract that he agreed to play for.
LOL--the owners fail to live up to 90 percent of all contracts signed.
Contracts in the NFL are nearly meaningless.

If you HATE another man simple because he choose to work @ another company--Ide have to say you're a small minded %@#$&.

Have you ever changed jobs?
Should people hate you when you change jobs?

Have you ever had a job?
If so does that keep you from looking for a better job?
Your attitude seems to indicate a fellow of few life experiences.

Or perhaps you can't seem to figure out why a man would rather work for someone other than Mike Brown.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:58 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41964

Quote:

http://sports.popcrunch.com/carson-palmer-hates-ohio/
Old 11-12-2012, 02:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Wow, even I forgot about how ridiculously moronic and stupid that comment was.

Let's completely trash maybe the most important thing in the world for 90% of the state! Should work out great for my reputation and career!

-Marvin Lewis

Last edited by bengalsfanatic85; 11-12-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfanatic85 View Post
Yes I hate Boomer. Yes he insults the fans city and organization. He does it on a weekly basis on CBS and on his radio show. Clearly you haven't ever listened to one word of his as a professional broadcaster. Boomer is a moron. I wasn't really around to see him play but anyone who had a career like his as a QB should have become an ambassador for the city and team, instead of constantly rubbing salt in the wound. Or at least keep his mouth shut. Even Collinsowrth, the top of the food chain in broadcasting, sticks up for us and shows mild fandom for the team and city.

Dude, Carson may not have literally said "I hate the fans and city"( He didn't say much of anything, matter of fact). BUT WHY ELSE DO YOU CHOOSE TO RETIRE OVER EVER PUTTING ON A BENGALS UNIFORM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

He clearly hated playing for us. STOP CALLING IT A BUSINESS DECISION!!

What kind of "businessman" leaves over 50 million on the table ? What kind of businessman goes to play in Oakland(the only organization worse than ours) where I can almost guarantee he won't be starting anymore at some point next season?
Exactly, you weren't around when Boomer played. Back when this team was led by a football genius and we were respected. Back when people hated coming to "The Jungle" at Riverfront Stadium to play. Boomer just tells it as he sees it. Coming from an insider, I'll take his word for it.

Let's face it, no one requested trades or flat out quit until ONE event happened: the death of Paul Brown. Boomer knew it, that's why he demanded a trade as soon as the idiot fired our Super Bowl coach! Why was Wyche fired? Because he had the audacity to request some authority on draft day! After David Klingler, Akili Smith, Perry over Steven Jackson, and countless other draft foulups, (especially in those early years when Wyche could have been picking our players), that idiot "GM" of ours set this team back 15-20 years!!!!!!

Also, all you guys who hate someone over choosing to walk away from 50 mil and quit, might have a point....if Carson were the first.....eff that, even the TENTH guy to "quit the Bengals, the city, and the fans". The TRUTH is, these guys have quit on Mike Brown, and Mike Brown is REALLY the one who has **** and quit on the fans and the city of Cincinnati. Takeo Spikes, Jeff Blake, Corey Dillon, Johnathan Joseph, Carson Palmer, Lee Johnson (a freaking punter!), Carl Pickens, Chad Johnson, Boomer Esiason.....are well documented cases of former players wanting out. Big Willie Anderson even called Mike Clown out on being too cheap to buy big towels that would cover up the guys! I think some of you could use a little Bengals history on here. Mike Clown has, and still does QUIT on the fans and the city EVERY SINGLE GD YEAR IN THE FREE AGENCY PERIOD!

AS for Palmer himself......I would just about guarantee you they don't bench the guy responsible for at least 3/4 of their offensive output. You might want to look at that suspect d. Isn't it kind of sad that he would rather play for Oakland than us? That's saying something right there. I'll call the decision what I wish, quit acting like he was your high school prom date that left your for another guy! (I kid).....This League IS a business, and it WAS, therefore, a business decision. He never said a harsh word that I ever read.....I think he was just tired of the Bengals. I also think the fans were tired of him, as evidenced by the incessant booing, the posts on here about him, and even mild vandalism. So, with that said, if everyone wanted Carson gone, then why all the hate when he did what so many wanted him to do? He left. People also forget that this was supposed to a personal, closed door meeting until our "benevolent front office" leaked the meeting to the press. If he hated Cincinnati so much, then why does he still have property there that he hunts on? Couldn't he just hunt the Sierra Nevada?

As for the game, I hope we kick the dog crap out of Oakland, and we sack him 6 times.

Last edited by Wyche'sWarrior; 11-12-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
So him talking smack about the Rose Bowl rivalry between these two hated rivals constitutes hatred for the state and the fans? Reach much? He was CLEARLY talking the Trojans vs. The Buckeyes. I hate the Buckeyes too.....guess what, I married a girl from Troy. That mean I now hate the Bengals, the state of Ohio, and all Bengals fans?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
Should people hate you when you change jobs?
This is the problem-for Carson it's just a job. It's not a passion or a calling. Every great player--esp. every great QB--has a fire and an obsession to win that consumes him to be the best he possibly can be. He makes it a point to be on the same page as the coaches and owners so that his team will be the best possible.

Carson never did this, he never took the brass to task. When things got bad, he just went through the motions. It was clear that his pick 6s bothered us far more than they bothered him. Winning isn't part of his DNA...some have it and some don't. Take a look at SB winning QBs and see how many are from California--not many.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereThereMayBeTigers View Post
This is the problem-for Carson it's just a job. It's not a passion or a calling. Every great player--esp. every great QB--has a fire and an obsession to win that consumes him to be the best he possibly can be. He makes it a point to be on the same page as the coaches and owners so that his team will be the best possible.

Carson never did this, he never took the brass to task. When things got bad, he just went through the motions. It was clear that his pick 6s bothered us far more than they bothered him. Winning isn't part of his DNA...some have it and some don't. Take a look at SB winning QBs and see how many are from California--not many.
How do you come up with your conclusions? If it was just a job, why would he play at all, he's got a ton of money.

If you want to the team to be a good as possible and win at all costs...you'll never be on the same page as Mike Brown, that should be obvious by now. Being good costs money, being OK is much cheaper.

Besides giving people another reason to gripe, what would taking the brass to task do? Do you think Palmer really could've changed the MB's mind?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereThereMayBeTigers View Post

You could be onto something with Carson....but our current QB has plenty of pick 6's (at one time not too long ago, he was leading the league in that category), and Carson was the first to lead a Bengals team under Mike Clown to a division title and playoff game.....did pretty good at USC as well.

I agree 1000% he should have taken some coaches and the "front office" to task. Absolutely, no doubt.

As far as California QB's in the Super Bowl?

Jim Plunkett, Troy Aikman, Tom Brady, Darryle Lamonica, Vince Ferragamo, and Tony Eason.

Might wanna rethink that one.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:39 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1138

I hope the team is pumped to play against him. He quit on his teammates when he refused to play.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcapuano View Post
I KNOW that it's 2 weeks away, but anybody else pumped to see Dunlap and Atkins chase Palmer down and force him to throw some pick 6's in his own backyard? you know... for old time's sake.

Probably more excited for this game vs the raiders than I have been in a while.. Cincinnati needs to make a STATEMENT like they did vs the Giants and keep this train rolling full steam ahead.

Anybody else thinking about this game? or is everybody focused on the chiefs
I'm a Carson Palmer fan.I think we win, but Palmer's going to have a good day. Mc Fadden is way over due.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41964

Good to see CP9 and the Raiders get doubled up on "C'Mon Man"
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM

Rep Points: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
I'm a Carson Palmer fan.I think we win, but Palmer's going to have a good day. Mc Fadden is way over due.
carson palmer is a big fat bum. He was just the first of many over rated USC QB's(Mark Sanchez, Matt Lienhart, Matt Cassel) to absolutely fall flat on thier faces. Granted one playoff win and a conference title but thats it. Al Davis is still turning over in his grave after how much Oakland paid to get him. Personally, I for one, am glad that hex is gone. Furthermore, I am glad mike brown actually got rid of that cancer instead of keeping it around to spread like chad johnson-itis did. Maybe in 2013 when Oakland is sick of carson stinking up thier team, if he still has a desire to play football, maybe t.o., chad, and carson can go play on t.o.'s arena football team together.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 307

Quote:
If Carson had a problem big enough to retire from a 50 million he should have called somebody out. and said why he was leaving. A simple "I cant play for Marvin Lewis anymore, its either him or me!" or "Mike Brown is an idiot, I cant play another down for him". Instead he just held his middle finger up to an organization and a fanbase that has suffered along time before anyone knew who he was.
Carl Pickens Clause, brah..
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32038

I'm over it. We're better off at the position now, plus we have Dre and another 2nd rounder. Gotta hand it to Carson though. He's having a decent year for a bad team.

As a side note, Hugh Jackson seems like a decent HC candidate considering how bad the Raiders look this year. He had them on the verge of the playoffs last year. That seems like a small miracle in hindsight.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1066

I am pumped for this game...If it is the only one I go to this year, so be it.

No one likes a quitter and I can't wait to watch our D rip him a new one.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Ohhh, Old Man...I'm just sitting here shaking my head, and laughing my arse off. I have no problem with who you are a fan of, but some of the peeps on here, well let's just say they might feel a bit different. There's still a lot of butt hurt fans in Cincy, myself included, who want Carson on his butt/eating turf all game long.

I say we (those butt hurt fans) are way over due.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

I would clap for palmer during the introductions.

I don't feel confident since palmer is familiar with our team and Mcfadden could easily beast on our defense.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2429

Quote:

Quote:
....agreed. People just can't get over his business decision. The guy walked away from 50 mil, and people complain. I'd rather him do that, than stick around disgruntled, take the coin, and tank it on the field.
You keep talking about his business decision and how we shouldn't be mad over a business decision, thing is, in what business would someone walk away from 50 Million?

Thing is it wasn't a Business decision it was a decision made over emotions and hurt feelings. He was upset that people would boo him, and held it against the entire community because a few idiots insulted his wife and threw some trash on his lawn.