Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 390
Default Just An Idea Mock

I liked the fact that we traded back last draft and picked up two more picks. I would like to continue with the theme to continue to add depth and value to our roster.
Trade back and pick up a 3rd and 5th round pick.
1st round: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas-Need more pressure on the QB, this guy is one the this years best.

2nd round: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas-With Oakland picks being fairly high I'm sure he will be available. Day one starter.

2nd round: Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida-With the RB class not so hot, I think he could get a bump up. Great speed and toughness. Great in pass protection.

3rd round: Kevin Reddick, LB, UNC-Highly underrated. Could develop into future MLB. If not can stay on the outside.

3rd round: Jelani Jenkins, LB, Florida-This guy just makes plays. Good in coverage and can lay some wood.

4th round: Mallicah Goodman, DE, Clemson-Extremely physical. Can be great depth and can lift lineman off the ground. Youtube it!

5th round: Ray Graham, RB, Pitt-Could slide because of injury history and recent run in law. Great wiggle and vision. New third down back.

5th round: Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas: Tore pectoral muscle that ended his season. Could still choose to come out. Late round steal if he heals.

6th round: Broderick Brown, CB, Ok State: Our new return man. This guy has some speed!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29296
Default Re: Just An Idea Mock

I really do not see us drafting 3 DEs, and the way we rotate our D-linemen I would be surprised to see us take one in 1.

Like the Vaccaro pick.

I prefer Randle. Or take Barner later.

Reddick is a reach in 3.

I think we might need a CB earlier. MUCH earlier.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8506

Gillislee's stock is rising, he's one guy im keeping my eyes on. I like Gio Bernard just a little better.

I honestly think we'll be drafting anywhere from 13-20 which is a good range to trade back and end up with another 2nd rounder.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6377

I would much rather see us trade up to get a guy that can make an immediate impact rather than moving back for depth.

We still need some serious playmakers at the RB, LB and S positions. We will probably have 3 picks in the top 50, so we should be able to get those spots addressed.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I would much rather see us trade up to get a guy that can make an immediate impact rather than moving back for depth.

We still need some serious playmakers at the RB, LB and S positions. We will probably have 3 picks in the top 50, so we should be able to get those spots addressed.
The problem with trading up is if you gamble on a guy and get it wrong you blow 2 draft picks instead of 1.

See Carter, Ki-Jana.

I agree, we should be able to get a good LB, S, and RB in the first 2 rounds.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
The problem with trading up is if you gamble on a guy and get it wrong you blow 2 draft picks instead of 1.

See Carter, Ki-Jana.

I agree, we should be able to get a good LB, S, and RB in the first 2 rounds.
Yeah, the problem with that one is that we should have taken Tony Boselli.

I'm not talking about giving away the farm, but with an extra 2nd rounder, I would be ok with giving up a 3rd or a 4th to move up to get a player at a position of need.