Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Interceptor's Avatar
Interceptor Interceptor is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: under a rock
Posts: 6,233
Rep Points: 11780
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Maybe he's so good that even if he threw with his left arm it still wouldn't be fair.
__________________




Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:05 PM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,337
Rep Points: 2381
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
fixed
Don't forget that Ed Reed will knock himself running too hard against the wind.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,921
Rep Points: 13585
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
Don't forget that Ed Reed will knock himself running too hard against the wind.
Don't forget Troy Pullamuscle hasn't played in as many games the last few seasons.
Reed>Hairball
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 PM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,337
Rep Points: 2381
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Don't forget Troy Pullamuscle hasn't played in as many games the last few seasons.
Reed>Hairball
Pulling a muscle is different from knocking yourself out making a running start hit on Heyward-Bey.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 16,017
Rep Points: 48718
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Just an AC joint, Big Jen should be back in a week or two.

Btw, Reed<Polamalu, body of work.

Still, both teams going down the tubes, fast.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
It is all based on the running game. We couldn't get one going so we had to throw then Ben went out and you have to limit Leftwich throwing.

Btw it was just reported as a sprained shoulder for Ben.
Tomlin described it as an SC sprain. The medical definition is a sternoclavicular dislocation. Apparently,it's a pretty rare injury,usually seen in car crashes when a driver's shoulder strikes the steering wheel. It's also suppossed to have a high risk of reinjury,so the Steelers should probably play it safe with the this one. Terrible time for it to happen,though. The Steelers are headed into a stretch of three straight division games,two against Baltimore,and you know Cleveland will be smelling blood in the water with Ben out to try and get an upset.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,807
Rep Points: 13990
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Tomlin described it as an SC sprain. The medical definition is a sternoclavicular dislocation. Apparently,it's a pretty rare injury,usually seen in car crashes when a driver's shoulder strikes the steering wheel. It's also suppossed to have a high risk of reinjury,so the Steelers should probably play it safe with the this one. Terrible time for it to happen,though. The Steelers are headed into a stretch of three straight division games,two against Baltimore,and you know Cleveland will be smelling blood in the water with Ben out to try and get an upset.
Yeah I seen that.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Tomlin described it as an SC sprain. The medical definition is a sternoclavicular dislocation. Apparently,it's a pretty rare injury,usually seen in car crashes when a driver's shoulder strikes the steering wheel. It's also suppossed to have a high risk of reinjury,so the Steelers should probably play it safe with the this one. Terrible time for it to happen,though. The Steelers are headed into a stretch of three straight division games,two against Baltimore,and you know Cleveland will be smelling blood in the water with Ben out to try and get an upset.

He may play this week depending on how he feels.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...d-favre-injury
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
He may play this week depending on how he feels.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...d-favre-injury
It would be silly for him to play this week. An injury like this actually ended Brett Favre's ironman starting streak. For another,this is the man's throwing shoulder. If it isn't right,then he can't play at anything close to an NFL level. As stated before,there is a high risk of reinjury with this type of injury. If he gets sacked again,he could be gone for the season,or worse,it could become a recurring problem. A franchise QB with nagging issues with his throwing shoulder ceases to become a franchise QB very quickly. This isn't an ankle sprain or injured ribs.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,360
Rep Points: 4284
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Maybe he's so good that even if he threw with his left arm it still wouldn't be fair.
Nah, throwing with his left arm would only make things even.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF

Last edited by Woodley; 11-14-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Captain Obvious's Avatar
Captain Obvious Captain Obvious is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Newville, PA
Posts: 4,537
Rep Points: 3585
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
It would be silly for him to play this week. An injury like this actually ended Brett Favre's ironman starting streak. For another,this is the man's throwing shoulder. If it isn't right,then he can't play at anything close to an NFL level. As stated before,there is a high risk of reinjury with this type of injury. If he gets sacked again,he could be gone for the season,or worse,it could become a recurring problem. A franchise QB with nagging issues with his throwing shoulder ceases to become a franchise QB very quickly. This isn't an ankle sprain or injured ribs.
I agree, he needs to rest a week or 2. If he's hurt he's not helping the Steelers in the long run by playing. He needs to rest it. He could play against the Ravens the second game.
__________________
Typical Bengals fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
I was just pulling numbers out of my ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I root for a team that has the most Championships
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,921
Rep Points: 13585
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
Pulling a muscle is different from knocking yourself out making a running start hit on Heyward-Bey.
Oh like Ryan Clark does every week

Point is.....Reed is out there playing. Pullamuscle is getting hot oil treatments for his hair. And has played a lot less game because of injuries. Troy is Soft.
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 14,750
Rep Points: 33716
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Just an AC joint, Big Jen should be back in a week or two.

Btw, Reed<Polamalu, body of work.

Still, both teams going down the tubes, fast.
I assume you meant to put Reed>Polamalu.

Reed: 60 ints, 11 fr, 132 pd, 152 games

Polamalu: 29 ints, 5 fr, 93 pd, 125 games

I'd take Reed all day. He might be the GOAT safety.
__________________

Sig by CinWillWin

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-14-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Beaker's Avatar
Beaker Beaker is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: An undisclosed biological research facility.
Posts: 21,798
Rep Points: 62698
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
You werent around when Palmer got injured in the first game of the 2005 playoffs.. There was no class coming from the Steelers fanbase.
Truth.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Asmith(DE)'s Avatar
Asmith(DE) Asmith(DE) is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,007
Rep Points: 3470
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Oh like Ryan Clark does every week

Point is.....Reed is out there playing. Pullamuscle is getting hot oil treatments for his hair. And has played a lot less game because of injuries. Troy is Soft.
We don't take gatorade baths mid-season. Since we're still #1 in defense, We'll save him for the playoffs when it matters.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe from Florence View Post
Chad is as good of a wr as Carson is at qb. I could care less if both find a new team.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Asmith(DE)'s Avatar
Asmith(DE) Asmith(DE) is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,007
Rep Points: 3470
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I assume you meant to put Reed>Polamalu.

Reed: 60 ints, 11 fr, 132 pd, 152 games

Polamalu: 29 ints, 5 fr, 93 pd, 125 games

I'd take Reed all day. He might be the GOAT safety.
These comparisons need to stop.

Entirely different positions and responsibilities.

Polamalu is far more dominant than Reed in doing what he is asked to do, vice versa.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe from Florence View Post
Chad is as good of a wr as Carson is at qb. I could care less if both find a new team.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 8,515
Rep Points: 29349
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Ben Roethlisberger is just faking an injury to get out of changing diapers.

Seriously, I hope he gets well and his injury isn't severe or permanent.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 14,750
Rep Points: 33716
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post
These comparisons need to stop.

Entirely different positions and responsibilities.

Polamalu is far more dominant than Reed in doing what he is asked to do, vice versa.
They do play different positions with different responsibilities. Everyone knows this. I beg to differ that Polamalu is more dominant at what he does though. That's a homerific comment if I ever heard one. Ed Reed has a career's worth more turnovers. When watching my Bengals, I've always worried more about Reed than Polamalu. Teams that win the turnover battle usually win the game, and noone has been better than Reed at getting turnovers.
__________________

Sig by CinWillWin
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,360
Rep Points: 4284
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
They do play different positions with different responsibilities. Everyone knows this. I beg to differ that Polamalu is more dominant at what he does though. That's a homerific comment if I ever heard one. Ed Reed has a career's worth more turnovers. When watching my Bengals, I've always worried more about Reed than Polamalu. Teams that win the turnover battle usually win the game, and noone has been better than Reed at getting turnovers.
You missed the "vice versa" in smiths comment.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 14,750
Rep Points: 33716
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
You missed the "vice versa" in smiths comment.
Apparently so. I'll just say this. If I were starting a team from scratch and got to choose either Troy or Reed, I would choose Reed. I have mad respect for head & shoulders and I think he will go down as one of the great safeties, but Ed Reed would probably be a starter on my all-time team.
__________________

Sig by CinWillWin
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Posts: 18,766
Rep Points: 29534
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Apparently so. I'll just say this. If I were starting a team from scratch and got to choose either Troy or Reed, I would choose Reed. I have mad respect for head & shoulders and I think he will go down as one of the great safeties, but Ed Reed would probably be a starter on my all-time team.
Why wouldn't you get to choose them both...I assume this would be an all time team and since Troy plays Strong Safety and Reed Plays Free Safety...Well wouldn't that be the best safety duo ever?

Arguing between the two is a bit silly since they have different tasks on the field much like arguing who you would take between two great LB one of them is OLB and the other is ILB...Shouldn't they be compared to others that play their position.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 AM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,939
Rep Points: 11149
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Why wouldn't you get to choose them both...I assume this would be an all time team and since Troy plays Strong Safety and Reed Plays Free Safety...Well wouldn't that be the best safety duo ever?

Arguing between the two is a bit silly since they have different tasks on the field much like arguing who you would take between two great LB one of them is OLB and the other is ILB...Shouldn't they be compared to others that play their position.

Woah, slow down. I'd take Ronnie Lott and one of either Troy, Reed, or John Lynch.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,921
Rep Points: 13585
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post
These comparisons need to stop.

Entirely different positions and responsibilities.

Polamalu is far more dominant than Reed in doing what he is asked to do, vice versa.
It comes down to pure skill. Take each player away from their successful teams and throw them in, say, the Bills secondary. Which player purely by the skill he posses would still but up the numbers and have near the same effect on the game.

Ed Reed, IMO, would be the winner every single time.





































Take the guy with a Man's haircut!
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Posts: 18,766
Rep Points: 29534
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Woah, slow down. I'd take Ronnie Lott and one of either Troy, Reed, or John Lynch.
Well since Lott played primarily FS and LCB...You would be either taking Troy or Lynch...I'll go with Troy.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Posts: 18,766
Rep Points: 29534
Default Re: Ben doesn't even stay at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
It comes down to pure skill. Take each player away from their successful teams and throw them in, say, the Bills secondary. Which player purely by the skill he posses would still but up the numbers and have near the same effect on the game.

Ed Reed, IMO, would be the winner every single time.

This is a completely ridiculous argument, one that is pure speculation and holds absolutely no value to the discussion.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.