Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,749
Rep Points: 10363
Default When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...als-highlights

I have been so kind as to provide the above video footage for you all to look at. There are 2 plays that I feel are vital for some of you to watch to fully understand the NFL.

If you go to about to 35 second mark, you will see Michael Johnson and Geno Atkins pressuring Eli. Now if Eli goes down and the Bengals get a sack, he doesn't throw this interception and the Bengals do not get the ball at about the Giants 12 yard line.

If you would now be so kind to forward to the 1:20 minute mark, I will show you another example. During this play you can see Eli being pressure again, thus resulting in another Interception. Had the Bengals gotten the sack, that's right folks, no interception again.

I hope this has been educational and I look forward to teaching you more in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 13,318
Rep Points: 14580
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...als-highlights

I have been so kind as to provide the above video footage for you all to look at. There are 2 plays that I feel are vital for some of you to watch to fully understand the NFL.

If you go to about to 35 second mark, you will see Michael Johnson and Geno Atkins pressuring Eli. Now if Eli goes down and the Bengals get a sack, he doesn't throw this interception and the Bengals do not get the ball at about the Giants 12 yard line.

If you would now be so kind to forward to the 1:20 minute mark, I will show you another example. During this play you can see Eli being pressure again, thus resulting in another Interception. Had the Bengals gotten the sack, that's right folks, no interception again.

I hope this has been educational and I look forward to teaching you more in the future.
But..... Steelers fan says a sack would be better...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 PM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Posts: 18,094
Rep Points: 28060
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
But..... Steelers fan says a sack would be better...
Yeah....QB's never lose the football when sacked...this thread is logically foolish.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Posts: 18,094
Rep Points: 28060
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

P.S. I forgot to add this to reflect me feelings about this thread:



















__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,280
Rep Points: 3132
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

lol watch burfict.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 9,799
Rep Points: 12967
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...als-highlights

I have been so kind as to provide the above video footage for you all to look at. There are 2 plays that I feel are vital for some of you to watch to fully understand the NFL.

If you go to about to 35 second mark, you will see Michael Johnson and Geno Atkins pressuring Eli. Now if Eli goes down and the Bengals get a sack, he doesn't throw this interception and the Bengals do not get the ball at about the Giants 12 yard line.

If you would now be so kind to forward to the 1:20 minute mark, I will show you another example. During this play you can see Eli being pressure again, thus resulting in another Interception. Had the Bengals gotten the sack, that's right folks, no interception again.

I hope this has been educational and I look forward to teaching you more in the future.
Do we have the numbers of % of sacks that result in lost fumbles and the % of hits on the QB that result in interceptions?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2012, 06:36 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 13,318
Rep Points: 14580
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Yeah....QB's never lose the football when sacked...this thread is logically foolish.
Of course QBs sometimes lose the ball when they're sacked. Or sometimes they throw interceptions when they're "almost sacked".

And it's not logically foolish because it starts with "when". ninny ninny pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2012, 06:39 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 13,318
Rep Points: 14580
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Do we have the numbers of % of sacks that result in lost fumbles and the % of hits on the QB that result in interceptions?
It doesn't matter, punkass. It happened twice for the Bengals on Sunday.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,710
Rep Points: 3459
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
But..... Steelers fan says a sack would be better...
Because a sack is a sure thing ya ****. I suppose a D lineman should let up before a certain sack in hopes it may be intercepted.
__________________


Last edited by Woodley; 11-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,710
Rep Points: 3459
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...als-highlights

I have been so kind as to provide the above video footage for you all to look at. There are 2 plays that I feel are vital for some of you to watch to fully understand the NFL.

If you go to about to 35 second mark, you will see Michael Johnson and Geno Atkins pressuring Eli. Now if Eli goes down and the Bengals get a sack, he doesn't throw this interception and the Bengals do not get the ball at about the Giants 12 yard line.

If you would now be so kind to forward to the 1:20 minute mark, I will show you another example. During this play you can see Eli being pressure again, thus resulting in another Interception. Had the Bengals gotten the sack, that's right folks, no interception again.

I hope this has been educational and I look forward to teaching you more in the future.
Really neek?... a ball gets intercepted for a TD because of a pressure is better than a sack?
Brilliant observation, John the Neek Madden.

Also, if you score more points than your opponent you'll win the game...bet you didn't know that either.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,280
Rep Points: 3132
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Really neek?... a ball gets intercepted for a TD because of a pressure is better than a sack?
Brilliant observation, John the Neek Madden.

Also, if you score more points than your opponent you'll win the game...bet you didn't know that either.
I thought you of all people would have seen the point of this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 13,318
Rep Points: 14580
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Because a sack is a sure thing ya ****. I suppose a D lineman should let up before a certain sack in hopes it may be intercepted.
Are you not grasping the very simple concept of this whole discussion?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM
neiser's Avatar
neiser neiser is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: partyin w jerome
Posts: 737
Rep Points: 1166
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

when an "almost blumpkin" is better than a blumpkin...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,749
Rep Points: 10363
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
I thought you of all people would have seen the point of this thread.
It baffled me as well.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Posts: 18,094
Rep Points: 28060
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
I thought you of all people would have seen the point of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
It baffled me as well.
I'm pretty sure I did....


Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 AM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,749
Rep Points: 10363
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
I'm pretty sure I did....
Wrong...

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:10 AM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 8,925
Rep Points: 11277
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Of course QBs sometimes lose the ball when they're sacked. Or sometimes they throw interceptions when they're "almost sacked".

And it's not logically foolish because it starts with "when". ninny ninny pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.
Sometimes they throw incomplete passed that the refs incorrectly call fumbles that get returned for touchdowns.

Twice in two weeks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:59 PM
stonyhands's Avatar
stonyhands stonyhands is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 1,846
Rep Points: 2322
Default Re: When an "Almost Sack" is better than a Sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post

Also, if you score more points than your opponent you'll win the game...bet you didn't know that either.
Yep...until GoDdel has an electoral system put in place.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.