Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1032
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

I've thought about it--Ive changed me mind. As a Bengal fan for over forty years this doesn't come naturally but,,,,,

I hope Carson Palmer Sticks it to Mike Brown by Beating the Bengals in record fashion.

Bad enough that it is the talk of the NFL world the following day.

Last edited by tmangoud; 11-13-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 93

I must admit i was a carson apologist. I hung on to the very end when the press conference was scheduled in oakland. at that point i thought i was going to get my explanation of why.

i didn't and i was forced to accept that he quit on this team, this city, and me as a season ticket holder.

all he had to say was i can't play here because of X. he never did and now i will be the one with the sign that says.

Carson, why did you quit on me?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2403

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
I've thought about it--Ive changed me mind. As a Bengal fan for over forty years this doesn't come natuarlny but,,,,,

I hope Carson Palmer Sticks it to Mike Brown by Beating the Bengals in record fashion.

A complete joke of a fan here. If your a fan of Carson like some of the guys on here then whatever but when you start hoping for the Bengals to get beatdown your a complete joke of a fan, if you can even call yourself a fan.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20599

Quote:
i've thought about it--ive changed me mind. As a bengal fan for over forty years this doesn't come naturally but,,,,,

i hope carson palmer sticks it to mike brown by beating the bengals in record fashion.

Bad enough that it is the talk of the nfl world the following day.
booooooooooooo!!!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14134

Quote:
I've thought about it--Ive changed me mind. As a Bengal fan for over forty years this doesn't come naturally but,,,,,

Fanhood Fail!

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 63

I actually remember feelling sorry for CP when he got drafted by us.... For a few years I thought ML had tapped into a Brown week spot since we started making good decisions and winning. Then, well, my prediction that CP's career was ruined the day we drafted him started looking more true when we had no depth on d and an old ol that helped carson almost set a bengals record for sacks. After that season - all down hill from there. I dont blame the guy. He also had chad and TO causing distractions and I am assuming he stuck around long after he was fed up. I do find myself daydreaming about a CP- AJ duo though.....
Old 11-13-2012, 05:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20599

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUberHuber View Post
I actually remember feelling sorry for CP when he got drafted by us.... For a few years I thought ML had tapped into a Brown week spot since we started making good decisions and winning. Then, well, my prediction that CP's career was ruined the day we drafted him started looking more true when we had no depth on d and an old ol that helped carson almost set a bengals record for sacks. After that season - all down hill from there. I dont blame the guy. He also had chad and TO causing distractions and I am assuming he stuck around long after he was fed up. I do find myself daydreaming about a CP- AJ duo though.....
Didn't CP ask for TO to be signed, or, at the very least, put his stamp of approval on it?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3520

It all depends on how we do against KC...

If we lose, I wouldn't mind if Palmer comes in and lights us up to stick it to Mike Brown.

But if we win, I hope we beat them worse than the Ravens did.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
Glad you set us straight Carson, but you still scuk.
Not Carson, just pointing out facts is all. Palmer is playing average enough, so there's no need to bend the truth to make him look worse.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
Not Carson, just pointing out facts is all. Palmer is playing average enough, so there's no need to bend the truth to make him look worse.
He is a bum, and a cry baby, and always will be, and anyone who hopes he beats the Bengals, are not fans of this team in my eyes, Mike Brown did nothing to the wimp, except fill his pockets with money, he himself did the rest.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Why the hate for CP9? He was the best QB this team had in a LONG time. The man should be applauded..
Yep, and we all thought that too right up until he quit on his team.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Greg View Post
Palmer will come in and make us realize what we are missing! The Raiders have at least one good player, and his name is Carson Palmer. Remember, if Marvin had left, Carson would still be here! He left and we are the ones left with a loser!
Sigh...

Andy is putting up better numbers than Palmer did in 2007. Marvin does deserve to be fired (should've been fired in 2008 honestly), but we're better off at QB.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
He is a bum, and a cry baby, and always will be, and anyone who hopes he beats the Bengals, are not fans of this team in my eyes, Mike Brown did nothing to the wimp, except fill his pockets with money, he himself did the rest.
I'm glad you can look at the situation so objectively.

A bum would mean he can't play: He's actually playing pretty well right now.

A cry baby? I don't see how. He's never complained publicly, or whined about his situation to any media outlets. So really, you have no basis for this label.

A wimp? There's another label he doesn't deserve. A major knee injury, a major elbow injury, and a thumb injury that affected him for most of a season. He rehabbed and recovered, never complaining, never wanting anyone to feel sorry for him.

After a win, he always spread the credit around.
After a loss, he always shouldered the blame.

Carson toed the company line for 8 seasons, and did more at that position for this franchise than anybody since Boomer(who also demanded a trade); but the one time he stands up to Mike Brown he gets vilified and becomes the scapegoat for most of the franchise's lack of success, especially in the post-season.

You may not like the guy, but spewing baseless pejoratives isn't necessary.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Didn't CP ask for TO to be signed, or, at the very least, put his stamp of approval on it?
Carson did. He got sick of Chad Johnson's act, he wanted some one that would catch the ball a little more often, TO was in their minds the best thing out there. Carson ok'ed it. The problem started, Carson thought TO was changed, he ended up short arming damm near every thing when a defender was close. Make no mistake, everyone talks about the Carson and Chad show. The last few years T J Hous. was Carson's main target. I think if T J was still catchen' Carson, they both would be playing well.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
I'm glad you can look at the situation so objectively.

A bum would mean he can't play: He's actually playing pretty well right now.

A cry baby? I don't see how. He's never complained publicly, or whined about his situation to any media outlets. So really, you have no basis for this label.

A wimp? There's another label he doesn't deserve. A major knee injury, a major elbow injury, and a thumb injury that affected him for most of a season. He rehabbed and recovered, never complaining, never wanting anyone to feel sorry for him.

After a win, he always spread the credit around.
After a loss, he always shouldered the blame.

Carson toed the company line for 8 seasons, and did more at that position for this franchise than anybody since Boomer(who also demanded a trade); but the one time he stands up to Mike Brown he gets vilified and becomes the scapegoat for most of the franchise's lack of success, especially in the post-season.

You may not like the guy, but spewing baseless pejoratives isn't necessary.
Agree 10000%
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12582

Hope Geno sacks Carson and then Peko does flying belly whopper on him. Then as he is standing up Taylor Mays delivers a helmet to helmet blow that causes Carson's helmet to eject. and then Dunlap gives him noogies while Marvin beans the red bean bag flag off his face, and then the ref flags Carson for taunting afterward as the rest of the Defense gang tattoo's quitter on him.

Hopefully none of the above result in actual injury. Except for severe rug burn from the noogies.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Carson did. He got sick of Chad Johnson's act, he wanted some one that would catch the ball a little more often, TO was in their minds the best thing out there. Carson ok'ed it. The problem started, Carson thought TO was changed, he ended up short arming damm near every thing when a defender was close. Make no mistake, everyone talks about the Carson and Chad show. The last few years T J Hous. was Carson's main target. I think if T J was still catchen' Carson, they both would be playing well.
that theory isnt possible because TJ was in Oakland last year and he did next to nothing there, no better indication of that than how they went from 7-4 to 8-8
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6434

I want to see Geno and Dunlop fighting over Carsons carcass like 2 dogs fighting over a T-Bone steak. I want him to get sacked so many times he goes home looking like a grocery bag. I want to see him harassed, hurried and knocked down on every snap to the point he starts weeping on the sideline. I want him to remember what he left, HOW he left and I want him regretting that decision every time he touches the ball. Hes a traitor, and traitors need to be dealt with accordingly.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1032

Mike Brown tried to END the career of a man who's only fault was giving his all to the organization for many years.

Carson was born to play football. Mike Brown tried to take that away from him..Carson is guilty of nothing

I blame no one who attempts to seperate themselves from Mike Brown.
IMHO-there's not a player on this team that would not rather be somewhere else.

If the Bengals were in contention, I would as always pull for my Bengals. Given the fact that they lose every possible tie breaker scenario, they would have to finish a full game ahead of every other team to make the playoffs. Clearly this isn't going to happen.

On this one Sunday, I'm pulling for Carson Palmer to beat Mike Brown---AGAIN.

Last edited by tmangoud; 11-14-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Mike Brown tried to END the career of a man who's only fault was giving his all to the organization for many years.

Carson was born to play football. Mike Brown tried to take that away from him..Carson is guilty of nothing

I blame no one who attempts to seperate themselves from Mike Brown.
IMHO-there's not a player on this team that would not rather be somewhere else.

If the Bengals were in contention, I would as always pull for my Bengals. Given the fact that they lose every possible tie breaker scenario, they would have to finish a full game ahead of every other team to make the playoffs. Clearly this isn't going to happen.

How the **** are they not in contention? Please enlighten me. That is just silly.

You act like there is a couple games left this season...

We've found crazier ways to snake in to the playoffs.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
In order for something to happen AGAIN, he has to win something in the first place, and I know what he didn't win before he quit, more games than his pick 6's

that trade actually won Mike Brown an NFL executive of the year award which is more than what Palmer has won since that trade, so what exactly did Palmer win to begin with?

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-14-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:34 AM
VIP Gold Member

For those expecting dramatics and hype on tv over this game, cbs isn't buying it. They've assigned it to their #6 crew on the cbs depth chart out of their 7 games that week with Bill Macatee and Steve Tasker

WEEK 12 – Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving Day)
12:30 PM, ET start:
1 •Houston @ Detroit — Jim Nantz/Phil Simms
WEEK 12 – November 25
1:00 PM, ET starts:
6 •Oakland @ Cincinnati — Bill Macatee/Steve Tasker
5 •Pittsburgh @ Cleveland — Kevin Harlan/Solomon Wilcots
4 •Buffalo @ Indianapolis — Marv Albert/Rich Gannon
7 •Tennessee @ Jacksonville — Spero Dedes/Steve Beuerlein
2 •Denver @ Kansas City — Greg Gumbel/Dan Dierdorf
4:00 PM, ET start:
3 •Baltimore @ San Diego — Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts

For those unfamiliar with cbs' crews, I numbered how they're listed on the network

and this week Marv Albert and Rich Gannon are in Kansas City which is a higher assignment than what they think of the Raiders game
Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31425

Anyone who would like to see Carson beat the Bengals should turn in their fan card. I'm not a fan of any player in another uniform. I'm a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals. Carson can kick rocks.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-14-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Anyone who would like to see Carson beat the Bengals should turn in their fan card. I'm not a fan of any player. I'm a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals. Carson can kick rocks.
Yeah, that's pretty asinine.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5203

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
I want to see Geno and Dunlop fighting over Carsons carcass like 2 dogs fighting over a T-Bone steak. I want him to get sacked so many times he goes home looking like a grocery bag. I want to see him harassed, hurried and knocked down on every snap to the point he starts weeping on the sideline. I want him to remember what he left, HOW he left and I want him regretting that decision every time he touches the ball. Hes a traitor, and traitors need to be dealt with accordingly.
This and about 4 pick sixes.. Just like the good old days only the Bengals defense will be the one scoring!