Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19098
Default Re: Don't Let The Bengals Fool You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
The Giants are considered a strong running team, as well. Coming into the game, they were averaging 4.4 ypc, and the Bengals held them to 2.7. The Bengals have shown that with Sims back in the lineup, they can look like the team that had a top 5 defensive ranking.

With the Chiefs, I notice that the bulk of their carries are between the tackles. That should play right into the strength of the Bengals front 7. In fact, I'm more worried about Hillis, than I am about Charles. Hillis has a great ability to make a cut, for a big back, while Charles is more straight a head charging. Should the Bengals get a 2 score lead, it could get ugly, fast. Cassell is not a very accurate passer. He blew several opportunities to wide open recievers last night, in a game where a score of any kind likely would have won it for the Chefs.

Exactly.

Get ahead and make the Chiefs pass. I'm even alright with Black Jesus getting a little gutsey in the beginning to make it happen.

Take the ball out of the hands of their RB's and it's an easy game for the Bengals.
I agree about making them pass. And I'd even say do this whether we're ahead or not. Wasn't really on board with that kind of game plan against Peyton, but against the Chiefs, by all means.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44658

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I agree about making them pass. And I'd even say do this whether we're ahead or not. Wasn't really on board with that kind of game plan against Peyton, but against the Chiefs, by all means.
The thing is, the Chiefs know that their QB is not good, so they are going to bank on running the ball until they are down 2 TDs. Once that happens, it only gets worse for them, as their QB is not accurate. The problem will be getting up 2 scores on them early, their front 7 is as equally tough as the Steelers or Ravens (just based upon my observations). To win this game, they will have to go wide open early, build a lead, then eat up clock with the running game in the second half.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19098

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
The thing is, the Chiefs know that their QB is not good, so they are going to bank on running the ball until they are down 2 TDs. Once that happens, it only gets worse for them, as their QB is not accurate. The problem will be getting up 2 scores on them early, their front 7 is as equally tough as the Steelers or Ravens (just based upon my observations). To win this game, they will have to go wide open early, build a lead, then eat up clock with the running game in the second half.
110% agree. I'm just saying I'd stack up against the run right from the get go.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Don't Let The Bengals Fool You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallad82 View Post
Bottom line we will have to beat either one or both Steelers and Ravens. I just dont see it happening. Last time we played Steelers they were beat up badly and had a 3rd string Rb eat us up. And the Ravens just squashed us week 1.

KC----W
OAK--W
SD-----W
DAL---L
PHI----W
PIT----L
BAL---L

Season over at 8-8
We will beat Dallas, and Pitt, if big Ben is still out.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
exactly, it's turnovers that have doomed the Chiefs and those turnovers have set up short fields and quick points and that's how they fall behind so fast and play from behind so often but their record is not an indictment of their Defense as seen last night when playing with a lead for a change
Old 11-13-2012, 06:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFather07 View Post
So we played the best game I've seen in a very long time. All phases were working and the best part of the game was watching us dominate due to good playing by us and horrible playing by the Giants.

So what would one think, ahhh this week were playing the Chiefs and after the way we played this past Sunday we're going to kill them!

Think again, this is the Bengals after all and I can see us coming out this Sunday and playing flat and losing in an embarrassing fashion after playing on all cylinders against the Giants.

Call me skeptical but I can't help it, the Bengals have worked hard to find ways to disappoint the fans time and time again. Im hoping we get two wins in a row but Im not holding my breath.
You should have titled this Don't let the Chiefs fool you
Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
exactly, it's turnovers that have doomed the Chiefs and those turnovers have set up short fields and quick points and that's how they fall behind so fast and play from behind so often but their record is not an indictment of their Defense as seen last night when playing with a lead for a change

Not just the turnovers, but the senseless mistakes. Like last night, they thought that they had a defensive TD, and got a penalty for group celebration. Completely let Pittsburgh out of the hole.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4510

You guys are kidding yourselves thinking the Steelers will collapse without Ben at QB. History shows that they will likely lose to Balt (0-4 w/o Ben) but be OK after that (7-1 vs rest of league w/o Ben at qb)

I hope you are right but don't count on it.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28817

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
Shake, I think if Ben misses any games, Pitt is in trouble, the back up is terrible, they should have lost last night, and would have with decent refs.
I still think they might be able to win 3 out of 7 even with Leftwich. Leftwich looked bad, but he came in cold off the bench last night. If Ben really is out the rest of the season, Leftwich will get all the 1st team snaps and the Steelers will game plan to help him be successful. Don't forget that Leftwich has had success in this league before, and they have 2 games against the Browns left.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark W Griswold View Post
You guys are kidding yourselves thinking the Steelers will collapse without Ben at QB. History shows that they will likely lose to Balt (0-4 w/o Ben) but be OK after that (7-1 vs rest of league w/o Ben at qb)

I hope you are right but don't count on it.
well consider who they have left on the schedule

11 Sun, Nov 18 vs Baltimore 8:20 PM NBC
12 Sun, Nov 25 @ Cleveland 1:00 PM CBS
13 Sun, Dec 2 @ Baltimore 4:25 PM CBS
14 Sun, Dec 9 vs San Diego 1:00 PM CBS
15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Dallas 4:25 PM CBS
16 Sun, Dec 23 vs Cincinnati 1:00 PM CBS
17 Sun, Dec 30 vs Cleveland 1:00 PM CBS

the Steelers have had trouble with the Ravens even when Ben was healthy, but to be fair the Ravens defense isnt the same right now so who's worse? Leftwich or that Defense?

the Browns have been in every game they've played this year and even when Ben was healthy they've been close with them even in both games last year and the Browns are only better now than they were before but of course the Steelers aren't without Ben

the Chargers havent beaten a team with more than 1 win at the time of when they've played all year but can Leftwich outpass Philip Rivers? he's gonna have to with the Chargers #2 run defense, but at the same time outside of the 1994 AFC Championship the Chargers have never won a game in Pittsburgh

the Cowboys are being heralded a playoff team again after that win over the Eagles but they've been a sinking stone in December and at home in recent years, the Steelers could just sit back and wait for Romo to screw up to survive that game seeing as its in December

and of course the Bengals cant seem to beat the Steelers no matter how well or not they're doing and no matter who is or isnt playing for the Steelers as we saw last month
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2394

In other words ... beware of the dead cat bounce!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:53 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17096

Quote:
So we played the best game I've seen in a very long time. All phases were working and the best part of the game was watching us dominate due to good playing by us and horrible playing by the Giants.

So what would one think, ahhh this week were playing the Chiefs and after the way we played this past Sunday we're going to kill them!

Think again, this is the Bengals after all and I can see us coming out this Sunday and playing flat and losing in an embarrassing fashion after playing on all cylinders against the Giants.

Call me skeptical but I can't help it, the Bengals have worked hard to find ways to disappoint the fans time and time again. Im hoping we get two wins in a row but Im not holding my breath.
I can't fault your post. It is the Bengals MO.

Put together three in a row and we can talk about turn arounds. You see the truth my friend
Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6082

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
We will beat Dallas, and Pitt, if big Ben is still out.
Famous last words...
Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1265

I was good to see the Bengals play well and win, but ... I must agree that this is the Bengals. The playoffs are unlikely at this point. Going 5-2 against Dallas, Philly, Pitt, Baltimore, Oakland, KC and SD would require the team to play its best. Seems like wishful thinking. The team showed how bad they can be against Cleveland.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2538

The chiefs biggest problem is turnovers.. when they dont turn it over they are able to compete with teams... when they do have turnover issues, its usually a multipe turnover game and they struggle to keep it close.. bengals will need to force turnovers early to get rid of the pesky chiefs team.. this is one of those typical marvin lewis keep the gameplan conservative and hope the chiefs make the mistakes and bengals pull one out late... Bengals need to come out firing early and just get a lead and let the defense just come out and play..Let dalton come out throwing and let the passing attack open the running game
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalChris View Post
I was good to see the Bengals play well and win, but ... I must agree that this is the Bengals. The playoffs are unlikely at this point. Going 5-2 against Dallas, Philly, Pitt, Baltimore, Oakland, KC and SD would require the team to play its best. Seems like wishful thinking. The team showed how bad they can be against Cleveland.
not exactly wishful thinking, everyone says Marvin Lewis isnt good enough to lead the team like that but the same can be said for the opposing coaches and teams the Bengals have to play at least in the next 5 games, Kansas City leads the nfl in turnovers and of course have the worst record, Oakland has given up 97 in their last 2 games, San Diego hasnt beaten a team with more than 1 win when they've played, among their many meltdowns Dallas has struggled in December in recent years and Philadelphia has turnover problems of their own
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5050

Im not going to add any bad Mojo to my team this week. They played well, deserve a pat on the back for a job well done. Look forward and not backwards my friends... you will see so much further because your head is turned in the right direction. <BengaliJack 2012>

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallad82 View Post
Bottom line we will have to beat either one or both Steelers and Ravens. I just dont see it happening. Last time we played Steelers they were beat up badly and had a 3rd string Rb eat us up. And the Ravens just squashed us week 1.

KC----W
OAK--W
SD-----W
DAL---L
PHI----W
PIT----L
BAL---L

Season over at 8-8
Could go this way for sure.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic for the first time this year. Here's how I see it shaking out:

KC----W
OAK--W
SD-----W
DAL---L
PHI----W
PIT----W
BAL---W

10 and 6 and into the playoffs! If we don't have any more injuries - and if Cook makes it back in time to play the last 3 games (Phlly being the warm up game)
Old 11-14-2012, 02:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6082

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wt View Post
Could go this way for sure.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic for the first time this year. Here's how I see it shaking out:

KC----W
OAK--W
SD-----W
DAL---L
PHI----W
PIT----W
BAL---W

10 and 6 and into the playoffs! If we don't have any more injuries - and if Cook makes it back in time to play the last 3 games (Phlly being the warm up game)
You arent biased with your thoughts. I can see you having a conversation with other fans from teams

3wt- I see us going 10-6
NY Jets fan- I hear ya buddy I see us going 10-6 too maybe we'll meet in the playoffs
Redskins Fan- Hey dont forget us, We've got RGIII, I see us finish strong at 10-6 and make the playoffs with our remaining schedule.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7239

Quote:

You're skeptical...maybe negative also.....but I ask, " Why NOT let Bengals fool you ? " ......If we root for Bengals and they lose Sunday, our lives are not on the line. Nobody is going to die. .....I suggest not betting on football period.....So if all we are doing is rooting for the team, what do we lose if we root for the team and they lose ?.....What in fact is the point of all the realism and skeptical stuff I've been reading on Bengals.com over the years ?.....Why is it so important to be realistic and skeptical and try to be 100 % correct in regards to your sports team ?.....It is not life and death.....It is not life and death......

I choose to root for the Bengals this Sunday....If they lose, the fans are not fools, simply fans rooting for their team.......If Bengals win though, those who were too smart to root for the team should not celebrate in the victory.....Don't hold your breath. It's not life and death. Just hope they get on a winning streak and enjoy it.

Last edited by kevin; 11-14-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2032

Well only a few weeks ago we got humiliated in Cleveland, so of course there's consistency issues.

Even though the margin for error is practically 0, we've got nothing to lose. If we make it it'll have been an amazing effort. If we dont, well I figure most aren't expecting playoffs now. Im looking forward to how this team can play the rest of the way. We've already shown in phases we've got a ton of talent, and can play against good teams (the last two weeks show that). Im confident that if we play well, all 7 of the games we've got left this regular season will be good ones.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
You're skeptical...maybe negative also.....but I ask, " Why NOT let Bengals fool you ? " ......If we root for Bengals and they lose Sunday, our lives are not on the line. Nobody is going to die. .....I suggest not betting on football period.....So if all we are doing is rooting for the team, what do we lose if we root for the team and they lose ?.....What in fact is the point of all the realism and skeptical stuff I've been reading on Bengals.com over the years ?.....Why is it so important to be realistic and skeptical and try to be 100 % correct in regards to your sports team ?.....It is not life and death.....It is not life and death......

I choose to root for the Bengals this Sunday....If they lose, the fans are not fools, simply fans rooting for their team.......If Bengals win though, those who were too smart to root for the team should not celebrate in the victory.....Don't hold your breath. It's not life and death. Just hope they get on a winning streak and enjoy it.
trust me on this one, all of us long suffering fans want our team to win every week,,but the reality of it is they for years have always let us down, so its only natural to be unsure of any of sundays results.the chiefs are all saying they will flat out beat the bengals in their house this sunday. this will be a pickin big time fight to the finish and if we do not start fast, we are in trouble. i feel like we are going to lose this game, as the chiefs have a stong running game and they will be bringing it. reggie nelson is out and that is a concern. i do hope we win this game, but it will not surprise me if we get beat and beat good.we have No RUNNING GAME LIKE THEY DO.THEY SO WANT A WIN like real real bad.the fans will be crazy and its a sell out. that place is crazy to play in. its very very loud. i see mega off-sides and false starts, holding and all that. not trying to be a bad mouth. i am just saying what we have seen before. do not expect much and if you get good things, its all good baby.but i do believe next week, we will be back to bashing old marvin again and waiting on another season to hope for a playoff berth.not going to happen this year. too big of a hole to dig out of and this staff is not capable of digging out of anything.just start on your christman list to hand to your wife and wish for something great, like a new harley or better yet, one of harley dogs smokin babes he puts up on here.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
not exactly wishful thinking, everyone says Marvin Lewis isnt good enough to lead the team like that but the same can be said for the opposing coaches and teams the Bengals have to play at least in the next 5 games, Kansas City leads the nfl in turnovers and of course have the worst record, Oakland has given up 97 in their last 2 games, San Diego hasnt beaten a team with more than 1 win when they've played, among their many meltdowns Dallas has struggled in December in recent years and Philadelphia has turnover problems of their own
ALLRIGHT, guys, i am on in. i recently talked to a jennie in a bottle and gave her my three wishes.one is the bengals win out this year. two win the AFC title.and three play the falcons in the super bowl and win big. i will ride my bike to new orleans if the first two come true.hey, a guy can dream once in a while, and i don't even drink.used to though. man was i bengal crazy then.got into fights alot. that happens when you are always defending a loser.i learned the hard way. now i just cruise some on here and chill. its safer and healthier.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooDooMagoo View Post
The chiefs biggest problem is turnovers.. when they dont turn it over they are able to compete with teams... when they do have turnover issues, its usually a multipe turnover game and they struggle to keep it close.. bengals will need to force turnovers early to get rid of the pesky chiefs team.. this is one of those typical marvin lewis keep the gameplan conservative and hope the chiefs make the mistakes and bengals pull one out late... Bengals need to come out firing early and just get a lead and let the defense just come out and play..Let dalton come out throwing and let the passing attack open the running game
all of us want them to win this sunday and play lights out, but in reality, its what do the players want,to a man and collectively.if they do not play as a team,its over.its up to the players, not us, not the coaches, not the networks , not the refs.its all up to the players. they simply must overcome everything that gets in their way and make it happen as a team. bottom line.lets lay the mission at their feet. someone on here give them the mental juice they need. they must feel and think as one person, all 53 of them. someone on here that is close to the team or a player get the mission out to them from the real fans.that is your mission whoever you are and you know who you are. all of us our counting on you.WE WILL BE WATCHING SUNDAY.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
ALLRIGHT, guys, i am on in. i recently talked to a jennie in a bottle and gave her my three wishes.one is the bengals win out this year. two win the AFC title.and three play the falcons in the super bowl and win big. i will ride my bike to new orleans if the first two come true.hey, a guy can dream once in a while, and i don't even drink.used to though. man was i bengal crazy then.got into fights alot. that happens when you are always defending a loser.i learned the hard way. now i just cruise some on here and chill. its safer and healthier.
well I'm not saying all 5 of those games are automatic wins but people want to write those games off as unplayable and unwinnable and those people apparently watch nothing but the Bengals and pay very little attention to football outside of Cincinnati where they don't know that those teams have their own flaws too and it's fair game to the Bengals to be playing teams like those