Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 AM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Ben May Play Sunday Night

It was just reported on the news here that he suffered a minor sprain and bruised ribs. Doctors are saying he could possibly be ready to go. Bad news for the Ravens fans.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:23 AM
browns town bengal's Avatar
browns town bengal browns town bengal is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: City of the Burning River
Posts: 9,504
Rep Points: 13746
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
It was just reported on the news here that he suffered a minor sprain and bruised ribs. Doctors are saying he could possibly be ready to go. Bad news for the Ravens fans.
You mean the drama queen might play? say it aint so. Typical ben behavior. Make em think its a horrific injury and then come back so people think youre a tough guy

Its all a bunch of BS if you ask me. Im reminded of that time a few years back against the browns(I think) where he was carted off and immobilized as if he was a quadraplegic. Only to end up playing in the very next game
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
It was just reported on the news here that he suffered a minor sprain and bruised ribs. Doctors are saying he could possibly be ready to go. Bad news for the Ravens fans.
Well,that certainly conflicts with earlier reports...

"Another Steelers source told ESPN that the team's staff was told: "proceed with (backup quarterback Byron (Leftwich). It doesn't look like you're going to have Ben this week. We're looking at next week as a possibility as of right now."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...-a-source-says

The report could also be smoke and mirrors from the Steelers to affect how Baltimore prepares for the game on Sunday.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,300
Rep Points: 7906
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

I could have sworn I read he had the same injury that ended Favre's ironman streak of consecutive games played. A sternoclavicular sprain. Here it is.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...d-favre-injury
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,355
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
You mean the drama queen might play? say it aint so. Typical ben behavior. Make em think its a horrific injury and then come back so people think youre a tough guy

Its all a bunch of BS if you ask me. Im reminded of that time a few years back against the browns(I think) where he was carted off and immobilized as if he was a quadraplegic. Only to end up playing in the very next game
Ben is so talented.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:24 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,355
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I could have sworn I read he had the same injury that ended Favre's ironman streak of consecutive games played. A sternoclavicular sprain. Here it is.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...d-favre-injury
You must have not read the last paragraph from the link you posted:

The odds are probably against Roethlisberger playing Sunday night with this shoulder sprain, although Roethlisberger can never be completely ruled out because of his track record of playing with injuries. It will ultimately depend on his pain tolerance and getting his throwing motion back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 AM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 16,007
Rep Points: 48605
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
You must have not read the last paragraph from the link you posted:

The odds are probably against Roethlisberger playing Sunday night with this shoulder sprain, although Roethlisberger can never be completely ruled out because of his track record of playing with injuries. It will ultimately depend on his pain tolerance and getting his throwing motion back.

Be that as it may, the Steelers will still have to deactivate someone in case Ben's body can't keep up with his heart. And if he does play, it could hurt the team more than it helps. Plus, by playing, he really makes himself a target.

Silly Steelers, shouldn't have been looking past the lowly Chefs.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:45 AM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,300
Rep Points: 7906
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
You must have not read the last paragraph from the link you posted:

The odds are probably against Roethlisberger playing Sunday night with this shoulder sprain, although Roethlisberger can never be completely ruled out because of his track record of playing with injuries. It will ultimately depend on his pain tolerance and getting his throwing motion back.
I read it, doesn't change the fact that his injury was a sternoclavicular not bruised ribs like the op said.
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 AM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 14,696
Rep Points: 18497
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
You must have not read the last paragraph from the link you posted:

The odds are probably against Roethlisberger playing Sunday night with this shoulder sprain, although Roethlisberger can never be completely ruled out because of his track record of playing with injuries. It will ultimately depend on his pain tolerance and getting his throwing motion back.
Pain tolerance. LOL. He doesn't have one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:05 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,355
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I read it, doesn't change the fact that his injury was a sternoclavicular not bruised ribs like the op said.
Understood, but you responded to the possibility that Ben may play Sunday night, not to the type of injury he had.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,355
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Be that as it may, the Steelers will still have to deactivate someone in case Ben's body can't keep up with his heart. And if he does play, it could hurt the team more than it helps. Plus, by playing, he really makes himself a target.

Silly Steelers, shouldn't have been looking past the lowly Chefs.
Agree. I'd rather him not play anyway, because unlike most, I feel confident Lefty can get the job done.
Btw...The lowly Chefs lost to both the Rats and Steelers by 3, that means they'll beat the bengals by 3.
__________________

Last edited by Woodley; 11-14-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:18 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,355
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Pain tolerance. LOL. He doesn't have one.
How many pain tolerances should he have? How many pain tolerances does dalton have?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 AM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 14,696
Rep Points: 18497
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
How many pain tolerances should he have? How many pain tolerances does dalton have?
Dumb question.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 AM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I read it, doesn't change the fact that his injury was a sternoclavicular not bruised ribs like the op said.
Bruised ribs and bruised sternum are fairly common, says Dr. Jon Tucker, an orthopedic surgeon at St. Clair Hospital.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...recovery-time/

Yep he does have bruised ribs
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,921
Rep Points: 13585
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

And we all know how this week is going to play out. Jenny will be shown on the sidelines in pre-game warm ups, throwing the ball with facial expressions that will look like his wife's soon to be labor pains.

The media will be on the wounded warrior bandwagon. Saying how he's working through the pain and what a hero he is for strapping on the cleats to give it a go. The Stealers won't disclose his status, hoping the Ravens will have to draw a game plan up with him on the field. What drama we'll see.

I'll then think back to that Monday night many years ago when I saw Bert Jones with a dislocated shoulder, beat the Redskins on a Monday night. A perfect pass to Roger Carr in the right corner of the endzone with seconds left in the game.

Then I'll see Jenny the rapist and all the drama that surrounds him and realize, they just don't make football players like Bert and Johnny U anymore.
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:55 AM
coltsfan4ever's Avatar
coltsfan4ever coltsfan4ever is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,370
Rep Points: 1904
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
You mean the drama queen might play? say it aint so. Typical ben behavior. Make em think its a horrific injury and then come back so people think youre a tough guy

Its all a bunch of BS if you ask me. Im reminded of that time a few years back against the browns(I think) where he was carted off and immobilized as if he was a quadraplegic. Only to end up playing in the very next game
Hey... you gotta admit, it's a good strategy, right? I mean... it's sort of like faking a field goal and either running or passing for a TD! The other team feels like they just got punked, but, hey, it produced a touchdown!

I think that as long as people buy into it, why not fake an injury to keep the upcoming team off-balanced? They end up game planning for Leftwich and then... BLAM! Up shows up Big Ben and ends up shredding the defense and scoring a bunch of TD's!

I don't have a problem with it. As long as the Steelers keep winning!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You're not coming out of Detroit with a win. lol
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,289
Rep Points: 7368
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Hey... you gotta admit, it's a good strategy, right? I mean... it's sort of like faking a field goal and either running or passing for a TD! The other team feels like they just got punked, but, hey, it produced a touchdown!

I think that as long as people buy into it, why not fake an injury to keep the upcoming team off-balanced? They end up game planning for Leftwich and then... BLAM! Up shows up Big Ben and ends up shredding the defense and scoring a bunch of TD's!

I don't have a problem with it. As long as the Steelers keep winning!


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 AM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,939
Rep Points: 11149
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:59 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Posts: 18,766
Rep Points: 29534
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Ben has been ruled out of the game on Sunday against the Ravens.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,939
Rep Points: 11149
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Ben has been ruled out of the game on Sunday against the Ravens.
What about Mr. Spear? Is he playing?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Posts: 18,766
Rep Points: 29534
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
What about Mr. Spear? Is he playing?
No word, but I doubt it.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 AM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Hey... you gotta admit, it's a good strategy, right? I mean... it's sort of like faking a field goal and either running or passing for a TD! The other team feels like they just got punked, but, hey, it produced a touchdown!

I think that as long as people buy into it, why not fake an injury to keep the upcoming team off-balanced? They end up game planning for Leftwich and then... BLAM! Up shows up Big Ben and ends up shredding the defense and scoring a bunch of TD's!

I don't have a problem with it. As long as the Steelers keep winning!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:03 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,807
Rep Points: 13975
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
That is a covered wagon...not a bandwagon.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:08 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 16,007
Rep Points: 48605
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
That is a covered wagon...not a bandwagon.





Now THAT'S a bandwagon. See coltsfan up there, holding the reins?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,289
Rep Points: 7368
Default Re: Ben May Play Sunday Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post




Now THAT'S a bandwagon. See coltsfan up there, holding the reins?

He's actually the guy off to the side, because let's face it, nobody wants em.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.