Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > College Football

College Football Now all you Buckeyes homers have your own place to talk about your favorite team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 PM
kevin kevin is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio
Posts: 6,391
Rep Points: 8113
Default OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Two very tough games.....I'll be honest, I haven't watched OSU yet this year......But a win at Wisconsin is a tough win to get......and OSU vs Michigan is THE GAME, even if we could play in a bowl game, more than a bowl game, OSU vs Michigan is always THE GAME. OSU lost at Michigan last year, which means we play at Michigan next year. Need this win at Columbus to make sure Michigan doesn't get a 3 year sweep.

So I will be glued to the remainder of the OSU games this year.
__________________
Bengalfan1968

Last edited by kevin; 11-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 AM
whodey21's Avatar
whodey21 whodey21 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 3,015
Rep Points: 6355
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Two very tough games.....I'll be honest, I haven't watched OSU yet this year......But a win at Wisconsin is a tough win to get......and OSU vs Michigan is THE GAME, even if we could play in a bowl game, more than a bowl game, OSU vs Michigan is always THE GAME. OSU lost at Michigan last year, which means we play at Michigan next year. Need this win at Columbus to make sure Michigan doesn't get a 3 year sweep.

So I will be glued to the remainder of the OSU games this year.
Last I checked, the home team doesn't always win, ask Jim Tressel about that. Last year was the worst Ohio State team in decades, and the best M!ch!g@n team since '06. TTUN was only able to win by 6 at home.

I'm excited for The Game, as always, but this is probably the most comfortable that I, as a Buckeye fan, have ever felt going into it. Hoke is a terrible coach, while Meyer seems to be pretty good. The talent probably only slightly favors the Buckeyes, but it actually fits the system, wheras Hoke is trying to force a pro-style offense on spread players. Ohio State will (probably) be playing with a Heisman candidate for an undefeated season, a division championship, and revenge at home. This is essentially their bowl game. M!ch!g@n will be trying to get into a less irrelevant bowl game, with the only real goal of trying to spoil OSU's season.

As I see it, Ohio State holds the edge in talent, motivation, and coaching. Where the game is played has little bearing on it, and next year's game is certainly not a throwaway.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Trademark's Avatar
Trademark Trademark is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 3,122
Rep Points: 3325
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
Last I checked, the home team doesn't always win, ask Jim Tressel about that. Last year was the worst Ohio State team in decades, and the best M!ch!g@n team since '06. TTUN was only able to win by 6 at home.

I'm excited for The Game, as always, but this is probably the most comfortable that I, as a Buckeye fan, have ever felt going into it. Hoke is a terrible coach
Um, dude calm your homerism down......Hoke is deff not a terrible coach by any stretch, & i don't think you all are going undefeated let alone beating us
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 AM
whodey21's Avatar
whodey21 whodey21 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 3,015
Rep Points: 6355
Talking Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Um, dude calm your homerism down......Hoke is deff not a terrible coach by any stretch, & i don't think you all are going undefeated let alone beating us
Sorry, I'm using UM logic here. I hear you guys constantly talking about how bad RichRod was, and I honestly think RichRod finally had that team primed to perform last year. Then you ripped the rug out from underneath him, and praised Hoke for screwing up what should have been a 12-0 team. This year, things have gotten worse instead of better, and I expect that it will continue that way until you guys end up 6-6 in the next few years.

I just don't get all the credit given to him. He's been a coach for 10 years, and won his division once. In that same span, Urban has won twice as many national titles. Maybe Hoke isn't terrible, but he's at least a step down from RichRod, and all I hear from you guys is how bad he was.

That is my honest assessment of Brady Hoke. If I were being a homer, I would add that he is a fat-arse with the voice of a 12-year old girl and one too many chromosomes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
kevin kevin is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio
Posts: 6,391
Rep Points: 8113
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Buckeyes will have a hard time winning at Wisconsin

They will then have a hard time beating Michigan in Columbus

I'll be rooting for Buckeyes, but they are playing their 2 hardest games on the schedule now. I don't want to hear how bad they beat Miami of Ohio ....It now gets alot harder.

Hoke was a good hire by Michigan. He is alot like Bo......Woody vs Bo was the 10 year war.....Hoke and Meyer should have some good battles.
__________________
Bengalfan1968
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:45 PM
bengal_fan_in_toronto's Avatar
bengal_fan_in_toronto bengal_fan_in_toronto is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,329
Rep Points: 4665
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
Sorry, I'm using UM logic here. I hear you guys constantly talking about how bad RichRod was, and I honestly think RichRod finally had that team primed to perform last year. Then you ripped the rug out from underneath him, and praised Hoke for screwing up what should have been a 12-0 team. This year, things have gotten worse instead of better, and I expect that it will continue that way until you guys end up 6-6 in the next few years.

I just don't get all the credit given to him. He's been a coach for 10 years, and won his division once. In that same span, Urban has won twice as many national titles. Maybe Hoke isn't terrible, but he's at least a step down from RichRod, and all I hear from you guys is how bad he was.

That is my honest assessment of Brady Hoke. If I were being a homer, I would add that he is a fat-arse with the voice of a 12-year old girl and one too many chromosomes.
Brady Hoke last coached at San Diege State and Meyer at Florida. I'll give you one guess where its easier to secure better talent on the recruiting trail, just from each school's brand recognition alone. Go ahead, you get one guess.

Rich Rod couldnt get it done recruiting at Michigan either. It pales in comparison to what Hoke has done so far in that department.

Rich Rod failed every year he coached at Michigan and i don't care if he was trying to fit a round peg into a square hole with the players he ended up with. Brady Hoke won a big bowl game last year with Rich Rod's players....round hole square peg accomplished. In year 1.

Hoke vs Meyer should be a great rivalry to enjoy for quite some time. Neither of them should have any problem recruiting kids to play for them. Neither school is a tough sell to most players in the midwest or accross the country for that matter.

Just check the class rankings at rivals100 over the past couple of years for the two programs. TSIO never let off the gas in reruiting and how hard is it for them to recruit a 5 star player form Ohio to play for TSIO? not very hard at all. You know, kinda like recruiting a player from Florida to play at Florida? Or is it like a player from Cali to play at USC or SDSU?

Rich Rod was seriously lacking in recruiting and Hoke doesnt seem to have any issues whatsoever. Most importantly...TSIO was another game on the schedule to Rich Rod. To Hoke, its the most important game on that schedule (while bashing his fist on the podium) That's the way its supposed to be and thats the way it should be.

rant over.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:04 PM
kevin kevin is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio
Posts: 6,391
Rep Points: 8113
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

but what some are missing is that before San Diego Hoke was in the Michigan orginazation....Before Florida, Meyer was in the Ohio State organization....Michigan definatly didn't like that West Virginia coaches style and it just didn't work at Michigan. Plus, he just didn't understand the Big 10 or the importance of MIchigan/ OSU game. Cooper was a good Pac 10 coach but never understood the importance of the Michigan/ OSU......Bo did, Woody did.....Michigan hired a person who had been with Michigan in the past in Hoke. Hoke bleeds Michigan blue. Hoke knows the importance of THE GAME because he played for Bo and coached under Carr. ...and Meyer has ties to Ohio State and with the quick surprise exit of Tressel, Meyer was the best head coach to replace him with.....Both know the importance of THE GAME.....As Woody said, " some coaches get hired and don't understand the importance of the MIchigan/ Ohio State game, and thats the reason Michigan and Ohio State have had to fire so many coaches in their historys. If you don't win this game at least every other year, you don't have a job long "......So that West Virginia coach and Cooper from the Pac 10 never got it, as per Woody Hayes, Woody said if you win every other game but lose the Michigan/ OSU game, your job is on the line because you are hired to win THE GAME.

That said...OSU better not be looking past Wisconsin....Badgers have beat Buckeys in Wisconsin before....The Cheese Heads are a hard game....At Wisconsin is a very, very hard game. They are always FIRED UP to lay one on Ohio State.
__________________
Bengalfan1968

Last edited by kevin; 11-09-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:03 PM
VCU Rams's Avatar
VCU Rams VCU Rams is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 16,148
Rep Points: 79078
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

always play those damn badgers at night on the road it seems like
__________________
2013 AFCN Champions
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 PM
whodey21's Avatar
whodey21 whodey21 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 3,015
Rep Points: 6355
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
Brady Hoke last coached at San Diege State and Meyer at Florida. I'll give you one guess where its easier to secure better talent on the recruiting trail, just from each school's brand recognition alone. Go ahead, you get one guess.
I don't want to belabor the point, but you are missing a few key points here, so I'll tackle this paragraph by paragraph. Are you really telling me that it's easier to win in the SEC than in the Mountain West? Because that's essentially what you said. Urban won in Florida against teams of similar caliber. Before that, he won at Bowling Green and Utah. There is not "brand recognition at either of the other schools. Hoke lost in San Diego AND at Ball State, against teams of similar caliber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
Rich Rod couldnt get it done recruiting at Michigan either. It pales in comparison to what Hoke has done so far in that department.
RichRod did a fine job with what Carr left him, which was nothing. Unfortunately, he never got a team that was fully his own. You have to give a coach 4 years to install his system and get his players. Short of that, it's the previous guy's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
Rich Rod failed every year he coached at Michigan and i don't care if he was trying to fit a round peg into a square hole with the players he ended up with. Brady Hoke won a big bowl game last year with Rich Rod's players....round hole square peg accomplished. In year 1.
Again, RichRod failed with the pieces Carr left him, and never got to see his system 100% in place. Hoke reaped the rewards of RichRod's efforts last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
Hoke vs Meyer should be a great rivalry to enjoy for quite some time. Neither of them should have any problem recruiting kids to play for them. Neither school is a tough sell to most players in the midwest or accross the country for that matter.
True, though I am still waiting for Hoke to prove himself with a team and system of his own. As far as I am concerned, he is a .500 level coach who arrived just in time to take the cake out of the oven, slap some icing on it, and take credit for the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
Just check the class rankings at rivals100 over the past couple of years for the two programs. TSIO never let off the gas in reruiting and how hard is it for them to recruit a 5 star player form Ohio to play for TSIO? not very hard at all. You know, kinda like recruiting a player from Florida to play at Florida? Or is it like a player from Cali to play at USC or SDSU?
Class rankings are irrelevant. If you need proof, compare the top 5 teams in recruiting 4 years ago to the AP top 5 now. They don't match. Again, Meyer did it at BGSU and Utah. No brand power there. And seriously? TSIO? That's cute. You took 40 years to come up with a response to Woody Hayes not saying M!ch!g@n, and that was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
Rich Rod was seriously lacking in recruiting and Hoke doesnt seem to have any issues whatsoever. Most importantly...TSIO was another game on the schedule to Rich Rod. To Hoke, its the most important game on that schedule (while bashing his fist on the podium) That's the way its supposed to be and thats the way it should be.
RichRod was in the top ten in recruiting in his first two years at M!ch!g@n, how is that "seriously lacking"? Every new coach at a major program gets a ton of hype. That's the way it works. The propoganda machine take over for the first two or so years, and then it's based on results after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
rant over.
Rebuttal over
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-10-2012, 03:01 PM
kevin kevin is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio
Posts: 6,391
Rep Points: 8113
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Your RichRod didn't seem to grasp the importance of ' THE GAME '....Just as Cooper never seemed to grasp the importance of ' THE GAME '......Coaches like Bo and Woody put 365 days a year into the Ohio State / Michigan Game. ....They may have been good in the states of West Virginia or Washington, but they didn't seem to get the importance of this game...thats why they lost it, thats why they got canned.

Michigan must not agree with your high praise of RichRod or they wouldn't have canned him. I remember what Michigan AD said, that RichRod took them away from Michigan style ball and they brought Hoke in to take them back to what Bo and Carr built at MIchigan. ( more power football, less RichRod rinky dink ).

Hoke already has a Michigan/ Ohio State game win....I look for Hoke and Meyer to be a good battle in years to come....Still, Bo and Woody would tell them this game is tricky. The team with the best record doesn't always win. You can throw the records out on this game. Plus the momentum shifts the whole game. Many a game decided on a turnover or a field goal missed or made. ...Woody said winning this game was 90 percent motivation. Thats why he fired his team up all year for it.....When John Cooper celebrated with his team on his TV show over beating Indiana and clinching a Rose Bowl spot, with the Michigan game next on the schedule, that showed he didn't get it. ...Oh, they won the Rose Bowl...but they lost to Michigan. They would have been undefeated and the #1 team that year, but he celebrated before the Michigan game, as if Michigan players needed any extra motivation....No way Woody would have celebrated a Rose Bowl spot on TV a week before playing " The Team Up North '. To him, bowl games were not as important as Michigan game.

but first, at a very tough Wisconsin....
__________________
Bengalfan1968

Last edited by kevin; 11-10-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM
whodey21's Avatar
whodey21 whodey21 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 3,015
Rep Points: 6355
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Your RichRod didn't seem to grasp the importance of ' THE GAME '....Just as Cooper never seemed to grasp the importance of ' THE GAME '......Coaches like Bo and Woody put 365 days a year into the Ohio State / Michigan Game. ....They may have been good in the states of West Virginia or Washington, but they didn't seem to get the importance of this game...thats why they lost it, thats why they got canned.

Michigan must not agree with your high praise of RichRod or they wouldn't have canned him. I remember what Michigan AD said, that RichRod took them away from Michigan style ball and they brought Hoke in to take them back to what Bo and Carr built at MIchigan. ( more power football, less RichRod rinky dink ).

Hoke already has a Michigan/ Ohio State game win....I look for Hoke and Meyer to be a good battle in years to come....Still, Bo and Woody would tell them this game is tricky. The team with the best record doesn't always win. You can throw the records out on this game. Plus the momentum shifts the whole game. Many a game decided on a turnover or a field goal missed or made. ...Woody said winning this game was 90 percent motivation. Thats why he fired his team up all year for it.....When John Cooper celebrated with his team on his TV show over beating Indiana and clinching a Rose Bowl spot, with the Michigan game next on the schedule, that showed he didn't get it. ...Oh, they won the Rose Bowl...but they lost to Michigan. They would have been undefeated and the #1 team that year, but he celebrated before the Michigan game, as if Michigan players needed any extra motivation....No way Woody would have celebrated a Rose Bowl spot on TV a week before playing " The Team Up North '. To him, bowl games were not as important as Michigan game.

but first, at a very tough Wisconsin....
A few questions...

Why is he "my" RichRod?
Do you realize Hoke "won" that game with RichRod's players?

M!ch!g@n fired RichRod because they are idiots. I said that the day it happened. It's not because he's so amazing, it's because if he was worth hiring in the first place, then it's worth giving him enough time to get his system in. They didn't. Cooper DID have enough time to implement his system. Plenty of time. Therefore, his failures were his own. RichRod's failures can all be traced to Carr, just as Hoke's success can all be traced to RichRod. It's simple cause and effect.

I guess I'm a little more farsighted than you. A coach never gets his own team in until he has had a full 4 years. Last year, RichRod's M!ch!g@n beat Jim Tressel's Buckeyes. This year, Jim Tressel's Buckeyes are 10-0. It doesn't matter who the coach is now, it matters who recruited and drilled the players when they were HS seniors, college freshmen, and college sophomores. When seniors are making an impact, you have to look at WHY they are making an impact. Hoke has not done ANYTHING yet. You can't hate RichRod and love Denard. They are fruit of the same tree.
__________________

Last edited by whodey21; 11-11-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
bengal_fan_in_toronto's Avatar
bengal_fan_in_toronto bengal_fan_in_toronto is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,329
Rep Points: 4665
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
I don't want to belabor the point, but you are missing a few key points here, so I'll tackle this paragraph by paragraph. Are you really telling me that it's easier to win in the SEC than in the Mountain West? Because that's essentially what you said. Urban won in Florida against teams of similar caliber. Before that, he won at Bowling Green and Utah. There is not "brand recognition at either of the other schools. Hoke lost in San Diego AND at Ball State, against teams of similar caliber.



RichRod did a fine job with what Carr left him, which was nothing. Unfortunately, he never got a team that was fully his own. You have to give a coach 4 years to install his system and get his players. Short of that, it's the previous guy's fault.



Again, RichRod failed with the pieces Carr left him, and never got to see his system 100% in place. Hoke reaped the rewards of RichRod's efforts last year.



True, though I am still waiting for Hoke to prove himself with a team and system of his own. As far as I am concerned, he is a .500 level coach who arrived just in time to take the cake out of the oven, slap some icing on it, and take credit for the party.



Class rankings are irrelevant. If you need proof, compare the top 5 teams in recruiting 4 years ago to the AP top 5 now. They don't match. Again, Meyer did it at BGSU and Utah. No brand power there. And seriously? TSIO? That's cute. You took 40 years to come up with a response to Woody Hayes not saying M!ch!g@n, and that was it?



RichRod was in the top ten in recruiting in his first two years at M!ch!g@n, how is that "seriously lacking"? Every new coach at a major program gets a ton of hype. That's the way it works. The propoganda machine take over for the first two or so years, and then it's based on results after that.



Rebuttal over

Can you explain how these top recruiting classes on the defensive side of the ball that Rich Rod brought in were constantly beaten like red headed step children? Now all of a sudden besides Alabama, Michigan has yet to be slapped under Hoke? With Rich Rod's players? Are you going to tell me defensively Rich Rods system was about to turn it around? You cant tell me that those defenses weren't terrible under Rich Rod and Hoke has it completely turned around with the same players. That is coaching and the system.

You better believe recruiting/rankings matter. I checked the final 2008 and final class rankings. You are correct they do not match exactly. There is a suprise...not an exact match? However, some of those top 10 classes include: Alabama, Florida, FSU, Georgia, Notre Dame, TSIO, Michigan, USC.


it actually took me 38 years to come up TSIO. How do you know it didnt take Woody 39 to not say Michigan?
__________________

Last edited by bengal_fan_in_toronto; 11-12-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15,042
Rep Points: 30701
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

RichRod's problem was he was trying to win Big Ten games with Big East talent.

The other issue is that school up north (tsun) is only good when they are competitive with OSU at recruiting Ohio talent. Under Tressel, OSU got just about all of the Ohio kids they wanted, and tsun didn't stand a chance.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM
whodey21's Avatar
whodey21 whodey21 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 3,015
Rep Points: 6355
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
Can you explain how these top recruiting classes on the defensive side of the ball that Rich Rod brought in were constantly beaten like red headed step children? Now all of a sudden besides Alabama, Michigan has yet to be slapped under Hoke? With Rich Rod's players? Are you going to tell me defensively Rich Rods system was about to turn it around? You cant tell me that those defenses weren't terrible under Rich Rod and Hoke has it completely turned around with the same players. That is coaching and the system.

You better believe recruiting/rankings matter. I checked the final 2008 and final class rankings. You are correct they do not match exactly. There is a suprise...not an exact match? However, some of those top 10 classes include: Alabama, Florida, FSU, Georgia, Notre Dame, TSIO, Michigan, USC.


it actually took me 38 years to come up TSIO. How do you know it didnt take Woody 39 to not say Michigan?

Wait, so first, RichRod's problem was that his recruiting was awful, and now you're saying he was a bad coach because his recruiting was so good and his teams were so bad? I'm confused, make up your mind.

You've missed what you were supposed to check. You don't match 2008 recruiting with 2008 polls. You check 2008 recruiting with 2012 polls. That was my entire point, and I can't really word it any differently than I've already explained to make it simpler. There will always be a few programs that are great at recruiting because they have 100 years of winning history to attract people. Of your hand-picked teams, those that have fallen short of expectations THIS year based on what happened recruiting-wise FOUR years ago are USC and M!ch!g@n (with Hoke). Florida State is borderline... Keep in mind this is ignoring the 17 other teams that you just decided not to mention.

As for your TSIO comment, it doesn't matter how long it takes to fire the first shot, what matters is the response. Yours is late and laughable. Did you go back to your preschool bully after college with "I'm rubber, you're glue"? Scratch that, I hope you did. It'd be par for the course at this point.

To summarize, yes. I am telling you that RichRod was about to turn it around. And he thought so, too when he said he would have gone "at least" 10-2 in 2011.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 AM
bengal_fan_in_toronto's Avatar
bengal_fan_in_toronto bengal_fan_in_toronto is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,329
Rep Points: 4665
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
Wait, so first, RichRod's problem was that his recruiting was awful, and now you're saying he was a bad coach because his recruiting was so good and his teams were so bad? I'm confused, make up your mind.

You've missed what you were supposed to check. You don't match 2008 recruiting with 2008 polls. You check 2008 recruiting with 2012 polls. That was my entire point, and I can't really word it any differently than I've already explained to make it simpler. There will always be a few programs that are great at recruiting because they have 100 years of winning history to attract people. Of your hand-picked teams, those that have fallen short of expectations THIS year based on what happened recruiting-wise FOUR years ago are USC and M!ch!g@n (with Hoke). Florida State is borderline... Keep in mind this is ignoring the 17 other teams that you just decided not to mention.

As for your TSIO comment, it doesn't matter how long it takes to fire the first shot, what matters is the response. Yours is late and laughable. Did you go back to your preschool bully after college with "I'm rubber, you're glue"? Scratch that, I hope you did. It'd be par for the course at this point.

To summarize, yes. I am telling you that RichRod was about to turn it around. And he thought so, too when he said he would have gone "at least" 10-2 in 2011.
way too long winded for me to read this early. i'll just say....check the records during Rich Rod's years at Michigan and check Hokes. Thats all that really needs to be said about who is the better coach and who is the better fit.

check the recruiting rankings of those teams i mentioned in 2008 and check their records today. I never said check their records in 2008. Is recruiting the be all to end all...absolutely not. Is it important? you better believe it. I'm sorry but talent and coaching equals wins. Take a good hard look in Jungle Noise...

you are quick to comment on the TSIO yet you wont spell out Michigan? I've chosen to ignore it up until now but you know...kettle meet pot?

Here's to an injury free game on Nov 24. Cheers.
__________________

Last edited by bengal_fan_in_toronto; 11-13-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Stewee28's Avatar
Stewee28 Stewee28 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cincy Burbs, Ohio
Posts: 702
Rep Points: 1025
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

There is no doubt in my mind the Buckeyes will go undefeated this year. You know Urban Meyer walked in to this job with a ***** knowing he has Braxton Miller for another two years. This offense is scary when it clicks. There will be no bowl game this year so he has plenty of time to install his offensive and defensive schemes. The team seems like it gets stronger and stronger each week, and with the bye week, you know they are itching to get out and make a statement with the next two games agains the Badgers and the School Up North. Braxton wont win the Heisman this year but next year it will be between Miller and Johnny Football from A & M.

Urban will have this team in a national championship next year or the year after and I am not saying that because I am a Buckeye fan, I am saying that because this is a very talented team being coached by one of the best in college football. He has already pulled in some great recruiting and it will only get better.

Lets go Buckeyes!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15,042
Rep Points: 30701
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
There is no doubt in my mind the Buckeyes will go undefeated this year. You know Urban Meyer walked in to this job with a ***** knowing he has Braxton Miller for another two years. This offense is scary when it clicks. There will be no bowl game this year so he has plenty of time to install his offensive and defensive schemes. The team seems like it gets stronger and stronger each week, and with the bye week, you know they are itching to get out and make a statement with the next two games agains the Badgers and the School Up North. Braxton wont win the Heisman this year but next year it will be between Miller and Johnny Football from A & M.

Urban will have this team in a national championship next year or the year after and I am not saying that because I am a Buckeye fan, I am saying that because this is a very talented team being coached by one of the best in college football. He has already pulled in some great recruiting and it will only get better.

Lets go Buckeyes!!!
Actually, a bowl game would help with that. When you are in a Bowl you get 15 (? I think) extra practices between the end of the season and the bowl game. Most teams use most of those practices to evaluate younger guys and work on new things, and about 5 for the actual bowl game.

If you are not in a bowl, you do not get those extra practice sessions.

We should have self imposed a bowl ban last year. (I'm not a fan of 6-6 teams playing in a bowl to begin with.)
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Stewee28's Avatar
Stewee28 Stewee28 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cincy Burbs, Ohio
Posts: 702
Rep Points: 1025
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Actually, a bowl game would help with that. When you are in a Bowl you get 15 (? I think) extra practices between the end of the season and the bowl game. Most teams use most of those practices to evaluate younger guys and work on new things, and about 5 for the actual bowl game.

If you are not in a bowl, you do not get those extra practice sessions.

We should have self imposed a bowl ban last year. (I'm not a fan of 6-6 teams playing in a bowl to begin with.)
Very true. I guess I was basing my opinion off the fact that there is no pressure to go out and reach for a BCS bowl and strive for perfection. Being undefeated is great, but Urban comes in with less pressure to get to a BCS bowl or National Championship in his first year. He can sit back and relax a little bit and worry more about installing everything. He doesnt need to worry about the record. Even though, every coach wants that goose egg in the loss column.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
kevin kevin is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio
Posts: 6,391
Rep Points: 8113
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Bowl Game or No Bowl Game......I look for at Wisconsin to be a very hard game. Buckeyes will be doing something if they win this one in Cheesehead Country.
__________________
Bengalfan1968
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15,042
Rep Points: 30701
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Bowl Game or No Bowl Game......I look for at Wisconsin to be a very hard game. Buckeyes will be doing something if they win this one in Cheesehead Country.
Once the game went to OT I thought Wisky would win, they had momentum. But the Buckeyes really stepped it up. Tighter than I like, but a win is a win.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-17-2012, 10:46 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 16,195
Rep Points: 49866
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Once the game went to OT I thought Wisky would win, they had momentum. But the Buckeyes really stepped it up. Tighter than I like, but a win is a win.

Tough win, hats off to both teams defenses today.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-18-2012, 09:09 AM
yellowxdiscipline's Avatar
yellowxdiscipline yellowxdiscipline is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: OBX
Posts: 8,912
Rep Points: 10170
Default Re: OSU...@ Wisconsin, Michigan...Now It Gets Good

I love it... This has been probably one of the best years to be a Buckeye fan (aside from winning a National Championship).. These guys are playing for nothing and have become the troll of the Big Ten.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.