Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5368
Default Re: Bengals @ Chiefs predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
Amazing the phantom holding call on the screen pass for a TD yet the Steelers got away with murder all game. I could not believe the amount of holding that was not called against the Steelers. Absolutely mind blowing.
Goodell is a life-long Steeler fan and is very good friend of the Rooney family.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1680
bengals Re: Bengals @ Chiefs predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Ben View Post
We will beat the Chiefs...Period
to all on here, do not underestimate the chiefs. they should have beaten the steelers. the steelers got away with holding the whole game as they always do. they are a super dirty playing team and always have been.unless someone, anyone takes big ben out for the season, the steelers will win the division again and at the very least be in the playoffs and they are super dangerous when its playoff time. i would not be surprised to see them in the super bowl again.as far as our team and the chiefs are concerned, our team had better bring their A-game sunday and play that way the whole game or else they will get beat for sure. i see this as a very tough game to win. the chiefs have a very good running game.just sayin. i think a field goal wins it and thats my take on this game.if they lose this game its over for the season and a possible playoff.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
to all on here, do not underestimate the chiefs. they should have beaten the steelers. the steelers got away with holding the whole game as they always do. they are a super dirty playing team and always have been.unless someone, anyone takes big ben out for the season, the steelers will win the division again and at the very least be in the playoffs and they are super dangerous when its playoff time. i would not be surprised to see them in the super bowl again.as far as our team and the chiefs are concerned, our team had better bring their A-game sunday and play that way the whole game or else they will get beat for sure. i see this as a very tough game to win. the chiefs have a very good running game.just sayin. i think a field goal wins it and thats my take on this game.if they lose this game its over for the season and a possible playoff.

Yeah for some reason, the chiefs have been playing our division very well. 3 point losses against both Balt and Pitt. I don't see Pitt winning our division but I do see them getting a wildcard, unless they have a pretty bad collaspe. We will need to beat them at the end of the season.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Yeah for some reason, the chiefs have been playing our division very well. 3 point losses against both Balt and Pitt. I don't see Pitt winning our division but I do see them getting a wildcard, unless they have a pretty bad collaspe. We will need to beat them at the end of the season.
if Ben isnt out for the long term, it's almost certain that it would be Ravens/Steelers on Wildcard Weekend
Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1680
bengals Re: Bengals @ Chiefs predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Well the Steelers won tonight, so they're 2 games ahead of us now. I see them winning at least 9 games and they hold the tiebreakers over us due to division and conference record.
The Colts only have to go 3-4 down the stretch to finish 9-7, and they hold conference tiebreakers over us as well. I could see us winning 4 more games, maybe 5 if we're lucky. Basically, we would have to play lights out and hope the Colts fall apart.

Edit: I wasn't considering the fact that we have 5 AFC games left. If we can take all 3 non-divisional AFC games and split with Baltimore and Pitt, we should have a shot. If we do this, we could afford a loss to either Dallas or Philly.
while beating the gaints was so good, i see our team finishing the season as losers again.no way will they win out and thats what it would take to even have a chance. its over i think. too many teams ahead of us. losing to the browns and phins killed us.thats a wrap for sure.another losing season, believe that. all we can do as fans is hope, which is what we do every year.rex ryan and andy reid will be fired this year.hopefully marvin is too. 10 years of losing folks.afterall, its suppose to be his job to get the players ready to play EVERY GAME like the gaints game. he did not do that again.instead we get to watch some other team in the playoffs. i am telling you, the chiefs game will be very very difficult to win. they are a very tough team to play at their place and they will want to beat the crap out of us. i see us having a big letdown. thats the memo of our team.all of you know that. cannnot put my finger on it except its gotta be the staff not putting the right players on the field at the right time and of course the playcalling. we shall see as they say.hope i am wrong, but i see us losing to the chiefs.our super bowl was beating the gaints.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
while beating the gaints was so good, i see our team finishing the season as losers again.no way will they win out and thats what it would take to even have a chance. its over i think. too many teams ahead of us. losing to the browns and phins killed us.thats a wrap for sure.another losing season, believe that. all we can do as fans is hope, which is what we do every year.rex ryan and andy reid will be fired this year.hopefully marvin is too. 10 years of losing folks.afterall, its suppose to be his job to get the players ready to play EVERY GAME like the gaints game. he did not do that again.instead we get to watch some other team in the playoffs. i am telling you, the chiefs game will be very very difficult to win. they are a very tough team to play at their place and they will want to beat the crap out of us. i see us having a big letdown. thats the memo of our team.all of you know that. cannnot put my finger on it except its gotta be the staff not putting the right players on the field at the right time and of course the playcalling. we shall see as they say.hope i am wrong, but i see us losing to the chiefs.our super bowl was beating the gaints.
wow get over it, Marvin will not be fired with 2+ years left on his deal
Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
if Ben isnt out for the long term, it's almost certain that it would be Ravens/Steelers on Wildcard Weekend
All 3 of us made it in last year.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

I just hope they do not play the chiefs down like they did Cleveland..they will win but i feel it will not be a blowout.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
All 3 of us made it in last year.
oh I'm just referring to the fact that the Ravens and Steelers are more than likely gonna be 4th and 5th in the AFC, the Texans Patriots and Broncos all look like they'll win 12 games minimum and the Broncos would be the odd team out for a bye between the 3 of them having lost to them both already, the Texans and Patriots have a Monday Nighter in December

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-13-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1469

Brady Quinn has been cleared to play Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-play-sunday/
Since Mike Brown became owner, the team has only 5 winning seasons out of 23 and has a winning percentage of .403 (151-224-1) in the regular season and .000 (0-5) in the playoffs. Bengals hold a number of distinctions under Brown's ownership: It is the only team with three 9-game-or-more losing streaks. It holds 6 of the 25 0-6 starts (24%) and 4 of the 13 0-8 starts (31%) in that time. Most successful coach during Brown's tenure is coach Marvin Lewis with a .514 winning percentage.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 156

Quote:
Chiefs coming to play against the Steelers tonight. Would be up 17-10 if not for a BS holding call. Refs always bail out the Steelers in critical moments.
This!... I was hoping the replacement ref. pan out cause these so call real ref. seem to bail out the Steelers every year.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779

The Cincinnati Bengals defeat the Kansas City Chiefs and the Oakland Raiders.

If a loss is incurred at Arrowhead Stadium, the true personality and leadership of quarterback Andy Dalton must and will be questioned. He has lead the Cincinnati Bengals to a loss against a team that had not won a game in the 2012 National Football League season. Could he possibly lead the Cincinnati Bengals to a loss against a one win team in week 11 of the 2012 National Football League season?

Time will only tell which is the main defense of quaretrback Andy Dalton. Given enough time, even a monkey will write the complete works of William Shakespeare.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2919

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post

If a loss is incurred at Arrowhead Stadium, the true personality and leadership of quarterback Andy Dalton must and will be questioned. He has lead the Cincinnati Bengals to a loss against a team that had not won a game in the 2012 National Football League season. Could he possibly lead the Cincinnati Bengals to a loss against a one win team in week 11 of the 2012 National Football League season?

Time will only tell which is the main defense of quaretrback Andy Dalton. Given enough time, even a monkey will write the complete works of William Shakespeare.
Andy has carried this offense without an ounce of a running game. We are sitting at 24 points a game. If the defense is playing well at all, 24 points should be good enough to win most games. If there is a loss at Arrowhead the only thing that should be questioned is Marvin Lewis' future with the team.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4830

Quote:
Originally Posted by need2mellowout View Post
Brady Quinn has been cleared to play Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-play-sunday/
In that case we are screwed.......
Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

A must win, even more so than the Giants game because it's AFC. Winning the two games against KC and OAK would be huge in our playoff hopes.

Still think KC could surprise us. They've got more talent than they're given credit for. Jamaal Charles could single handedly take over a game, and Derrick Johnson is a beast at linebacker.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2622

Quote:
My God. The officials might as well throw on some Steelers uniforms. This drive has been all refs.
I had to turn it off after the weak holding call on the apparent TD.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2622

The real question is, are The Bengals a better team than the chiefs?
My prediction won't have a score, just an obvious statement... The chiefs had better be able to put up points in this game, or it will be a long day for them.
The Bengals' O-Line has started to gel. Trevor has taken major steps forward, too. Giving Dalton any time is very very dangerous. BJGE/Peerman/Leonard/Sanu are efficient enough that kc will have to watch the run just like the giants had to. The Bengals' Defense has taken huge steps forward and I just see no reason for a let down. Finally, Cincinnati does not play tight (not counting the raven's opening game) when their away from home. In fact they seem to play a lot better.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1073

I have never seen a team undercut themselves more than the Chiefs against the Steelers.

Unsportsmanlike, personal fouls, pass interference, missed field goals....If they could screw it up... they did.

Looks like if we stop Charles, we stop the Chiefs for the most part.

If we lose this game, that will be a huge letdown and I'll be forced to start complaining about coaching again because theres no way we should lose to that team.

Bengals - 24
Chiefs - 10
Old 11-13-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18582

As long as we don't give anything away--turnovers on offense, missed assignments on D, we should be okay. I'd guess it won't be high scoring--Bengals 14-6.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post

this coming from the one who thinks AJ McCarron will be the 2nd overall pick in the draft

going by your logic, you should question the leadership of Drew Brees then after all the Saints lost at home to the Chiefs

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-15-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

21-17 bengals. Cheifs play tough and it's at KC. We could lose this one pretty easily if we don't execute.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4911

The turn-over machine got plugged in!
Who-deys get 3 more!
Bengals 24
Chiefs 13
Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1367

The Bengals need to show up and decide which team they are.
are they the team that dominated the Giants or will they be the team that got beat by 2 rookie QBs?
The Chiefs are better than their record states,but at the end of the day,you are what you are.
If the Bengals can shut down Jamal Charles,then they should win.
Mike Zimmer should be able to out scheme Brian Daboll who is one of worst OC in the NFL.
Zimmer is gonna load the box and force Brady Quinn to beat him downfield.
now match up wise, I worry about Whitworth vs Tamba Hali.
Whitworth has issues vs DEs of his build and dimensions.
I think the X factor on the Bengals offense will be Sanu. I expect Green to be productive,but Brandon Flowers is a darn good CB.
But Sanu lined up vs Javier Arena is a mismatch. Sanu should be able to get leverage on Arenas all day.
Trevor Robinson vs Dontari Poe is another matchup to key on.
I hope Gruden does some misdirection cause the Chiefs do have some over aggressive flowing to the ball LB's.
I expect the Bengals to win by 10 or more.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
CIN 34
KC 20

Bengals get back to .500 by shutting down the run game and forcing Cassel to throw a ton. Bowe will be doubled all day.
This.

All that is required in this game to come out with a win. KC's offense is minimal without charles and bowe. Neutralize those two and it's over with.
Fat Pat is back and the run d will be even more stout than it has been for the majority of the season.
2 early scores and KC will fold, another 2 in the second half to stay comfortable.

Bengals-24

KC-10
Old 11-14-2012, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 328

I felt better after our gae sunday, then I watched K.C v/s Pitt. and they looked pretty darn good and that was when Ben was playing. I still say they only have one win and are gonna slow down and we are coming off a big win...
Bengals 20-13