Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3328
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Women and Children first. The Men wait until the end. I can only assume you are a big fan of that Italian Boat Captian.
This is a horrible comparison. There is a huge difference between putting lives at risk and hurting someones feelings, but maybe it isn't to some people on here who have wished physical injury and/or death on Palmer.

Not completely directing this at you Bfine...tmangoud shouldn't have used the Titanic example in the first place.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18199

....also b, why would they even be talking pay cut if there wasn't some merit to it? Also, I would bet dollars to donuts, the whole no trade thing with Mikey was a stubborn, typical, Mike Clown ego trip. I mean, it's not the first time we've seen it with that idiot is it?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5583

Carson before the game
Carson during the game
Carson after the game

Glad your gone Carson...dont want you..dont need you...dont MISS you.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Carson before the game
Carson during the game
Carson after the game

Glad your gone Carson...dont want you..dont need you...dont MISS you.
Agreed, but why LIE about the situation? Why ignore the elephant in the room: our idiot "GM"?

That's all I'm tryin to say. The ONLY two things I like about the whole deal was Mike Clown being told to stick it....and Andy Dalton.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:11 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
....also b, why would they even be talking pay cut if there wasn't some merit to it? Also, I would bet dollars to donuts, the whole no trade thing with Mikey was a stubborn, typical, Mike Clown ego trip. I mean, it's not the first time we've seen it with that idiot is it?
I know better, but here goes:

There was merit to CP9 taking a paycut, he was playing like garbage and the team won 4 games. SO AFC North blogger says "Hey CP9 would you take a paycut to stay on the team?" CP9 says "No."

Nowhere was it reported that Mike Brown wanted CP9 to take a cut. He actually said "CP9has a contract and we expect him to honor it." Do you honestly think he would have said that if HE wanted to void the contract?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5583

Quote:
Agreed, but why LIE about the situation? Why ignore the elephant in the room: our idiot "GM"?

That's all I'm tryin to say. The ONLY two things I like about the whole deal was Mike Clown being told to stick it....and Andy Dalton.
Ummm....we did get some pretty good draft picks too.....just saying.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
This is a horrible comparison. There is a huge difference between putting lives at risk and hurting someones feelings, but maybe it isn't to some people on here who have wished physical injury and/or death on Palmer.

Not completely directing this at you Bfine...tmangoud shouldn't have used the Titanic example in the first place.
I didn't make the comparison.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Ummm....we did get some pretty good draft picks too.....just saying.
OOPS! Duh!.....lol.....thanks for the reminder.....yeah, make that THREE things
Old 11-14-2012, 01:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I know better, but here goes:

There was merit to CP9 taking a paycut, he was playing like garbage and the team won 4 games. SO AFC North blogger says "Hey CP9 would you take a paycut to stay on the team?" CP9 says "No."

Nowhere was it reported that Mike Brown wanted CP9 to take a cut. He actually said "CP9has a contract and we expect him to honor it." Do you honestly think he would have said that if HE wanted to void the contract?
Yeah, cause, you know, Mike Clown is "such the man of honor"......

Seriously, are you a lawyer? It's a valid question the way you attempted to derail the original argument once it was TOTALLY debunked with FACT.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2964

I think we should win this game but people need to understand that Carson knows this defense as well as anyone. Hopefully he doesn't use it to his advantage and pick the secondary apart. We will need a big day from the front 4 to get pressure.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
I think we should win this game but people need to understand that Carson knows this defense as well as anyone. Hopefully he doesn't use it to his advantage and pick the secondary apart. We will need a big day from the front 4 to get pressure.
I don't think he will. While his line is solid, I just don't know if the has the reliable threats at wideout. Of course, if McFadden comes back by then, he will be more dangerous. Couple that with their horrendous defense that can't get off the field, we should win by two scores or more. That said, you do make a very valid point about his knowledge of Zim's d.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10563

Quote:
Yes, but Zimmer knows that Carson knows our defense. Zimmer also knows Carson's weaknesses. I bet Carson throws 3 picks.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Yes, but Zimmer knows that Carson knows our defense. Zimmer also knows Carson's weaknesses. I bet Carson throws 3 picks.
As long as we don't have to make any halftime adjustments, we'll do fine
Old 11-14-2012, 01:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2964

Quote:
I don't think he will. While his line is solid, I just don't know if the has the reliable threats at wideout. Of course, if McFadden comes back by then, he will be more dangerous. Couple that with their horrendous defense that can't get off the field, we should win by two scores or more. That said, you do make a very valid point about his knowledge of Zim's d.
Good point. Their D is awful. If we can put even half the points the Ravens put up on them then we have a great chance. I noticed Ray Rice didn't even have many rushing yards although he did have a TD. That means they did it through the air which bodes well for us.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Good point. Their D is awful. If we can put even half the points the Ravens put up on them then we have a great chance. I noticed Ray Rice didn't even have many rushing yards although he did have a TD. That means they did it through the air which bodes well for us.
Yep.....their pass d, from what I've seen, is one of the worst in the league......without looking up stats, just eyeball test.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

I want to see him pick himself up, nose bleeding, and helmet on crooked, anyone have that pic to post, I just love it.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1082

Quote:
Women and Children first. The Men wait until the end. I can only assume you are a big fan of that Italian Boat Captian.
Considering the HMS Bengal is going to be a slowly sinking shipwreck, was Palmer supposed to hope he outlived Mikey Boy?

It's funny that so many people who claim they don't like/miss Palmer are still so upset about it. Dude wanted out, he got his way and the Bengals got some primo draft picks, it looks like everybody won.

Last edited by Bengals_Moderator; 11-14-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 PM

Rep Points: 0

lol this made me laugh.

As a die hard Bengals fan I hope our performance in last game sets the tone for the rest of the year. I have been waiting for one of my favorite players, Rey Rey to show the tenacity he did in college and as a rookie before he had all these pesky injuries. I think he can lead and bring energy to our defense. I have been keeping up with his news stories and tweets on http://bit.ly/Qe5F43 and Im looking for him to keep improving to earn the spot we drafted him at. Following player blogs and polls during the season gives me a whole new perspective then just the average fan.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19720

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
This makes about as much sense as complaining about the timing of leaving the Titanic.

The time and manner in which to leave the Bengals is.......ANYTIME ,,,,,,,,,is a good time.
Actually, it makes a lot of sense because it is absolutely true. He could have waited a lifetime and never found a worse time to leave his teammates high and dry and without a QB. Yeah, he did it to Mike, but he did it to Andrew and Geno and everyone else on the team and you and me and every other fan.

I just don't understand how anyone could so vehemently stand up for the take my ball and go home mentality. To not understand why that ****** people off is to just be clueless.

To me, if you're a Bengal. I'm a fan. If you leave, I'm dome with you. And if you leave by leaving your teammates up **** creek, then you can go straight to hell. This is not just CP, this is any Bengal who leaves. Fanene, eat ****. Rucker, blow me. CP, your day is coming soon.

Another thing to think about--he went from the Bengals to the Bengals. Yeah, maybe they get soda and deodorant out there, but they also have no clue how to run a football team. At best, he made a lateral move.

To get all up in arms or indignant if Bengal fans don't like him or even hate him, that's so patently naive or just plain argumentative, I can't even imagine you typing the words with a straight face.

He had a brief shining moment here on the heels of a string of sorry predecessors. It all ended with the knee injury. Because of it, he never became what we thought or hoped he would, which was world class good for long time.

He came across as a good guy(I'm not saying he isn't, but I'm far from convinced he is) and that bought him a lot more slack than the level of his play the last couple years, imo.

The mistakes he made in year 1 were the same mistakes he made in his last year here, so even becoming a wily veteran didn't wise him up. CP and Marvin share a whole lot in this regard.

Don't even pretend he didn't go straight down the pipes. It's a results driven business, all about winning in the playoffs. Just thinking about his playoff game performance against the Jets still makes me sick to my stomach whenever I think about it.

All in all, I think it's kind of a sad tale. He was The Golden Buy who fell to Earth. That's about as sad as it gets in sports. Yeah, he's richer than God, but I can't imagine his career turned out like he thought it would and that's got to take a piece out of the good feeling you get by being rich.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:10 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Why the hate for CP9? He was the best QB this team had in a LONG time. The man should be applauded..
I agree, and he's still good. But he's all the Raiders have (on account of McFadden being completely misused by Raiders OC) so we should be able to get a lead on that god awful defense and then get some interceptions and sacks......I like the guy, but this match up sets up perfectly for the haters.

Palmer will probably get sacked and intercepted multiple times and most will just assume it's cuz he's terrible which is inaccurate but whatevs. I'll just be happy to see the Bengals get a W. That W needs to be by a big margin too, as does the KC game if I'm gonna start to believe in this team at all.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 336

Green should demand for the Picken's Clause removed.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29826

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Actually, it makes a lot of sense because it is absolutely true. He could have waited a lifetime and never found a worse time to leave his teammates high and dry and without a QB. Yeah, he did it to Mike, but he did it to Andrew and Geno and everyone else on the team and you and me and every other fan.

I just don't understand how anyone could so vehemently stand up for the take my ball and go home mentality. To not understand why that ****** people off is to just be clueless.

To me, if you're a Bengal. I'm a fan. If you leave, I'm dome with you. And if you leave by leaving your teammates up **** creek, then you can go straight to hell. This is not just CP, this is any Bengal who leaves. Fanene, eat ****. Rucker, blow me. CP, your day is coming soon.

Another thing to think about--he went from the Bengals to the Bengals. Yeah, maybe they get soda and deodorant out there, but they also have no clue how to run a football team. At best, he made a lateral move.

To get all up in arms or indignant if Bengal fans don't like him or even hate him, that's so patently naive or just plain argumentative, I can't even imagine you typing the words with a straight face.

He had a brief shining moment here on the heels of a string of sorry predecessors. It all ended with the knee injury. Because of it, he never became what we thought or hoped he would, which was world class good for long time.

He came across as a good guy(I'm not saying he isn't, but I'm far from convinced he is) and that bought him a lot more slack than the level of his play the last couple years, imo.

The mistakes he made in year 1 were the same mistakes he made in his last year here, so even becoming a wily veteran didn't wise him up. CP and Marvin share a whole lot in this regard.

Don't even pretend he didn't go straight down the pipes. It's a results driven business, all about winning in the playoffs. Just thinking about his playoff game performance against the Jets still makes me sick to my stomach whenever I think about it.

All in all, I think it's kind of a sad tale. He was The Golden Buy who fell to Earth. That's about as sad as it gets in sports. Yeah, he's richer than God, but I can't imagine his career turned out like he thought it would and that's got to take a piece out of the good feeling you get by being rich.
Post of the year right here. Pretty much sums it up for me.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:13 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37105

Quote:
I resisted for as long as I could.

I donít see anybody on this board that is mad that CP9 is gone. I see a number of fans who are upset with the guy because he abandoned his team at a very critical time. It was during the lockout; young players and rookies had no institutional support. While real leaders around the league were scheduling and orchestrating voluntary workouts with teammates; CP9 was complaining about how he had been wronged by the fans and organization. Meanwhile the teammates that worked toward making him a very wealthy man, with millions in the bank, were left to follow the lead of Jordan Palmer.

I just cannot see how anybody can stand behind a QB that abandoned him team at the time and manner CP9 did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post

Fair points.

But I still ain't mad at him. He didn't want to be here, okay, cya.......I wanted us to draft Dalton anyway, not as a replacement but as a good back up and potential threat. Palmer sped up the process. It wasn't working. My feeling was that it was less on Palmer and more on poor coaching/receiving and I don't think I was wrong, but still, it wasn't working regardless.

Tbph, he did us a favor, if you ain't geeked about playing here, especially as a QB, do me a favor and gtfoutta here. Cuz that's the last position we need some emotionally spent 30 something as our starter. If you'd rather start fresh somewhere else, good luck with that.

Then we end up with more than fair compensation in return and Dalton is just as good if not better in spite of ppl ill founded critiques.

Palmer is all good in my book. He did it the right way while he was here, he was and is better than ppl think, he did us the favor of bouncing rather than sticking around and being a stick in the mud malcontent, and hooked us up with a first and second rounder on his way out the door.

Don't bring up Chad Bfine, he was a total jacka** about it when he made his trade demand, so much so that just to spite him, MB didn't take dang near the same friggin' deal to trade him lol.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23605
bengals Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkValleyBengal View Post
At 4-5 the Bengals shouldn't even be aware they play anyone past this coming Sunday.

And I for one have no ill will toward Palmer. He actually did quite a bit for this franchise.
The thread is not about the Bengals looking past the Chiefs he was asking if the fans are looking forward to it. I am sure the team is well aware of where their focus is.

Carson Palmer is Fredo. He is a quitter that walked out on his team members. I do not want to hear the moral high ground of standing up to Mike Brown because it is a load of crap. He made a commitment then walked out on it. Simple as that.

However, really glad he did because we now have a real QB that understands what it takes to lead a team.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Fair points.

But I still ain't mad at him. He didn't want to be here, okay, cya.......I wanted us to draft Dalton anyway, not as a replacement but as a good back up and potential threat. Palmer sped up the process. It wasn't working. My feeling was that it was less on Palmer and more on poor coaching/receiving and I don't think I was wrong, but still, it wasn't working regardless.

Tbph, he did us a favor, if you ain't geeked about playing here, especially as a QB, do me a favor and gtfoutta here. Cuz that's the last position we need some emotionally spent 30 something as our starter. If you'd rather start fresh somewhere else, good luck with that.

Then we end up with more than fair compensation in return and Dalton is just as good if not better in spite of ppl ill founded critiques.

Palmer is all good in my book. He did it the right way while he was here, he was and is better than ppl think, he did us the favor of bouncing rather than sticking around and being a stick in the mud malcontent, and hooked us up with a first and second rounder on his way out the door.

Don't bring up Chad Bfine, he was a total jacka** about it when he made his trade demand, so much so that just to spite him, MB didn't take dang near the same friggin' deal to trade him lol.
Post of the last two years right here.....so there Shake!