Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16540
Default Te'o Against Boston College

Rey 2.0.

Unimpressive, once again.

I didn't start watching til the end of the second quarter and it's not over, but:

Looked good on two blitzes and once when he took on a blocker, but the blocker just threw his shoulder at Te'o and didn't even move, so Te'o shoulder tapped him and got to the back.

Those were the only good things.

Did horrible covering the TE, which I've mentioned before and he just keeps strengthening my opinion on the matter, which is huge considering how much our division uses the TE.

Looked horrible covering the back out of the backfield and then held the back the next time he tried to cover him.

Played too high all game and just looks lost and unsure, especially in pass coverage.

Say no to Te'o.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.

Last edited by bradfritz21; 11-10-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Default Re: Te'o Against Boston College

Came up and made a nice hit on a back that caught a ball out of the backfield, and then an interception, but it was off a tip.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:29 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 34313

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Rey 2.0.

I didn't start watching til the end of the second quarter and it's not over, but:

Looked good on two blitzes and once when he took on a blocker, but the blocker just threw his shoulder at Te'o and didn't even move, so Te'o shoulder tapped him and got to the back.

Did horrible covering the TE, which I've mentioned before and he just keeps strengthening my opinion on the matter, which is huge considering how much our division uses the TE.

Looked horrible covering the back out of the backfield and then held the back the next time he tried to cover him.

Played too high all game and just looks lost and unsure, especially in pass coverage.

Say no to Te'o.
We got it. You like Vontaze.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2056

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I don't love Vontaze(although don't hate him either) but I gotta somewhat agree with him, Teo doesn't really look as special as some are making him out to be.

I think my main thing though is I don't want another LB in round 1 unless his name is Jarvis Jones, whats our record with LBs round 1-3 lately? Seems we do better with undrafted rookies than 1-3 rounders under Marvin.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

Te'o is overrated. NFL he needs to be in a 3 - 4 to succeed right away.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 11-11-2012, 03:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Another person bringing my love for a player into an unrelated thread to try and discredit my points because they have no answer for anything that I posted.......... typical....... but understandable.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7430

Quote:
Rey 2.0.

Say no to Te'o.
That in itself is enough to pass on.. We havent been able to cover TE's for years now, why would we want another linebacker who cant? I havent been impressed with this guy at all, and I dont see the hype. Any one of the SEC linebackers would take this clown to the woodshed.

Please Bengals pass on this turd.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9673

I think people only like Te'o because they want a new MLB and many scouts see him as the best.

I bet half of these board members haven't watched many Notre Dame games.

Honestly, Notre Dame hasn't been producing very good talent in the NFL for years now. And I don't see that changing with Te'o.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7044
bengals Re: Te'o Against Boston College

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
I think people only like Te'o because they want a new MLB and many scouts see him as the best.

I bet half of these board members haven't watched many Notre Dame games.

Honestly, Notre Dame hasn't been producing very good talent in the NFL for years now. And I don't see that changing with Te'o.
Dis-agree, but everyone is entitled to their voice.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20666

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
Which part do you disagree with
Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2235

Quote:
Rey 2.0.

Say no to Te'o.
I agree. When I watch Te'o I just see another Rey. Good player in college but doesn't have the speed, ability to get off blocks, and coverage skills to translate his talent to be elite in the NFL. He will have good and bad games just like Rey does but will never be a top 10 MLB in the pro's.

Last edited by JungleRock85; 11-14-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3501

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
I agree. When I watch Te'o I just see another Rey. Good player in college but doesn't have the speed, ability to get off blocks, and coverage skills to translate his talent to be elite in the NFL. He will have good and bad guys just like Rey does but will never be a top 10 MLB in the pro's.
Some people said the same thing about Ray Lewis.

Have you even seen an ND game this year? Te'o has 6 picks. 6. Not 1. Not 2. Not 3. Not 4. Not 5. But 6. To say he doesn't have the coverage skills for the NFL is asinine. Everything else you say about him is just your opinion. But opinions are like ********, everybody's got one.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2235

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalHawk62 View Post

Have you even seen an ND game this year? Te'o has 6 picks. 6. Not 1. Not 2. Not 3. Not 4. Not 5. But 6. To say he doesn't have the coverage skills for the NFL is asinine. Everything else you say about him is just your opinion. But opinions are like ********, everybody's got one.
I don't think his coverage skills from college will translate to the NFL. He might have 6 picks but that doesn't mean he has great coverage skills. He is a terrific college player and so was Rey. I've seen 3 or 4 Notre Dame games and when I have watched I haven't seen a Ray Lewis or a Luke Kuechly or even a James Laurinaitis type of player. Your right though it is just my opinion and I like all of us are probably wrong just as much or more than we are right.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7430

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
About what...

The talent? Cause I cant think of too many ND alumni making an impact in the NFL today. Jeff Samarizdja(sp)? Oh wait.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 991

Were not going to get him anyway. He will be gone by the time we pick. Id rather just lose every single remaining game and see if we cant jump ahead of the Browns to snag Jarvis Jones
Old 11-14-2012, 01:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Plays too high in man coverage and doesn't break well or change directions well enough; doesn't anticipate well in zone or read the quarterback well.

Those things might make him still be able to play well against the pass in college, butb it's a whole new ballgame in the NFL.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
Were not going to get him anyway. He will be gone by the time we pick. Id rather just lose every single remaining game and see if we cant jump ahead of the Browns to snag Jarvis Jones
Go away. Seriously.
Anyone who wants their team to lose out can just go be a Browns fan. We aren't staring down a top 5 pick with an Andrew Luck type out there. We are a team that has been a few plays short in most games and can easily fight our way to a wild card spot. If you would rather lose out than even TRY to get in the playoffs in a weak AFC, then just go be a Browns fan.

And btw, MLB dont go higher than 9th overall. Which would at our current projection make Te'o a very real possibility of being available
Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3501

Quote:
Plays too high in man coverage and doesn't break well or change directions well enough; doesn't anticipate well in zone or read the quarterback well.

Those things might make him still be able to play well against the pass in college, butb it's a whole new ballgame in the NFL.
Who are you talking about? Te'o or Ray Lewis?

Are you an NFL scout?
Old 11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6283

Quote:

Are you an NFL scout?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and the last time I checked, we didn't have any NFL scouts on this site.

I'm not big on Teo. Maybe that's because I think he will go much higher than he should. I don't think he's the 2nd coming of Patrick Willis. So if he gets drafted in the top 10, I think that's much too high.

I'd much rather see this team go to faster linebackers in the future. I don't think the 6'2, 255 pound guy that runs a 4.7 is going to have a bright future in the NFL.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and the last time I checked, we didn't have any NFL scouts on this site.

I'm not big on Teo. Maybe that's because I think he will go much higher than he should. I don't think he's the 2nd coming of Patrick Willis. So if he gets drafted in the top 10, I think that's much too high.

I'd much rather see this team go to faster linebackers in the future. I don't think the 6'2, 255 pound guy that runs a 4.7 is going to have a bright future in the NFL.
Good point. Ray Lewis was talking about how the new passing league really favors lighter a LB who can cover versus the traditional big thumper. I would love to see the Bengals look instead at Ogletree (converted safety) and Sean Porter. Porter had been just a pass rusher but has shown this year that he can drop into coverage effectively.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Are you an NFL scout?
lol.

Posts in this forum are mostly about opinions on players' play and their potential, that's THE WHOLE POINT OF THE FORUM.

I don't think my assessment is too far off the truth and I'd be interested to see how it measures up with "experts'" or NFL scouts' opinions.

Go somewhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post

Exactly.

Anticipation and pass coverage- both man and zone- is what is important to being a linebacker in the NFL now, and Te'o fails at all of the above. I guess you could throw blitzing in, as well, and he did look good in blitzing, as I noted, but that doesn't make up for everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Good point. Ray Lewis was talking about how the new passing league really favors lighter a LB who can cover versus the traditional big thumper. I would love to see the Bengals look instead at Ogletree (converted safety) and Sean Porter. Porter had been just a pass rusher but has shown this year that he can drop into coverage effectively.
Amen.

Ogletree is who I want because we'll be able to grab him in the second.

The NFL has changed and a linebacker like Te'o who just stands in the middle of the field and dominates runs between the tackles just doesn't cut it anymore.