Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 40
Default strength of schedule from here on (25th)

Take it for what its worth but I stumbled across this:

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/11/...-easiest-path/

There are only six teams with a "easier" schedule for the remainder of the year. Who Dey!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19277
Default Re: strength of schedule from here on (25th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown273 View Post
Take it for what its worth but I stumbled across this:

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/11/...-easiest-path/

There are only six teams with a "easier" schedule for the remainder of the year. Who Dey!
It's just based on numbers so it doesn't mean much.

Good teams lose games they shouldn't and bad teams win games they shouldn't.

Can't predict the rest of the season in an objective manner, meaning that you can't generalize based off of numbers.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
It's just based on numbers so it doesn't mean much.

Good teams lose games they shouldn't and bad teams win games they shouldn't.

Can't predict the rest of the season in an objective manner, meaning that you can't generalize based off of numbers.
agreed. which is why I put the word easier in quotes, still interesting to look at though.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown273 View Post
agreed. which is why I put the word easier in quotes, still interesting to look at though.
I agree but I'd be so ****** if anyone showed this to our team because it could give them a false sense of ease.

Case-in-point: the 1-7 Chiefs that we play this week gave the Ravens and Steelers all they could handle, and the Steelers game was in Pittsburgh.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42001

Quote:
I agree but I'd be so ****** if anyone showed this to our team because it could give them a false sense of ease.
Pretty sure they already know.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

If the Bengals can't hold serve against Pitt and Balt, beating everyone else on their schedule will mean nothing.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
If the Bengals can't hold serve against Pitt and Balt, beating everyone else on their schedule will mean nothing.
that's not entirely true, it was a schedule like this last year that enabled the Bengals to make the playoffs even without beating the Ravens or Steelers

the Colts still have to visit the Patriots, Lions and 2 with the Texans and the jury is out on the Steelers if they can beat the Ravens without Ben, the Ravens have won 11 in a row in the division even with Ben playing plus the Browns gave the Steelers problems last year and are only tougher this year, however the Bengals will have to beat the Ravens and Steelers if they want to make it this year, I mean you cant lose your last 2 games and make it

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-14-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
that's not entirely true, it was a schedule like this last year that enabled the Bengals to make the playoffs even without beating the Ravens or Steelers

the Colts still have to visit the Patriots, Lions and 2 with the Texans and the jury is out on the Steelers if they can beat the Ravens without Ben, the Ravens have won 11 in a row in the division even with Ben playing plus the Browns gave the Steelers problems last year and are only tougher this year, however the Bengals will have to beat the Ravens and Steelers if they want to make it this year, I mean you cant lose your last 2 games and make it
I agree that a 9-7 record may be enough.
But my comments pertain to the the larger picture beyong a playoff spot. Can this Team have success in the playoffs or long-term, if they continue getting swept by their top division foes? I think beating these two Teams is the first step towards challenging for a championship.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post

It would still be sweet to beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Revenge for 2005. Of course, there will never be enough vengeance for that.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
It would still be sweet to beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Revenge for 2005. Of course, there will never be enough vengeance for that.
True, but, more than that, I think it would just be us standing over them and saying "you're old news now and we're here to stay."
Old 11-15-2012, 12:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
I agree that a 9-7 record may be enough.
But my comments pertain to the the larger picture beyong a playoff spot. Can this Team have success in the playoffs or long-term, if they continue getting swept by their top division foes? I think beating these two Teams is the first step towards challenging for a championship.
well I think just having back to back winning seasons would be a big deal as people used to rip Lewis for that as well and before the year I expected to go 9-7 but be the odd team out of the playoffs so personally I wouldnt be dissapointed with that seeing as those would match what I expected and this team has never had back to back winning seasons with 16 games in franchise history plus before the season I did say this team could still be better than last year but still miss the playoffs so back to back winning seasons is what im hoping for, playoffs would be a bonus if they somehow made it

of course beating Baltimore and Pittsburgh is a must at this point now, last year was a measuring stick for Dalton against them and while we didnt win any we saw that and went ok this is what he can and cant do so now he can build on it, of course the Ravens game this year was a bad start for him but it wasnt so bad where everyone said based off of the first game that the Bengals wont beat anyone plus the Ravens were playing with the emotion of losing Art Modell at the time too which fuelled that win to be bigger than anything they've done all year until playing the Raiders last week, and then the Steelers game disturbed me personally knowing the Steelers were struggling on the road and with injuries and it felt like a now or never game as the Steelers would never appear to be as vulnerable as they were at that point going into that game and the team did absolutely nothing to take advantage of a situation like that. Now the Ravens Defense isnt the same as it was to open with as they've had their injuries and the Steelers of course are still dealing with injuries but none bigger than Ben now

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-15-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1724
bengals Re: strength of schedule from here on (25th)

Quote:

Case-in-point: the 1-7 Chiefs that we play this week gave the Ravens and Steelers all they could handle, and the Steelers game was in Pittsburgh.
to even make the playoffs this year,our team must win out. thats the reality of this,folks and it starts sunday. if and when they kill the chiefs, then we can talk about everything else. they MUST whip the chiefs this week and that my friend will be a playoff atmosphere at arrowhead stadium. they do not like us there and it will be so pickin loud, its going to take alot of luck and excellent play to win this one.i see us getting beat there, its just going to be too hard to overcome everything this game is showing us. i so hope and pray i am wrong,but if i were a betting man, you just know the chiefs are saying they are going to get well against us, and usually we let down and get whipped. we shall see. you just know someone is going to fumble or andy is going to thrown a couple picks.this chiefs defense is super good and they have a running game. this will be a super test for us.we cannot allow them to get confidence and pumped up. if that happens we will get killed and the world will be saying the gaints just had a big letdown last week.i just have no confidence this team will play lights out two games in a row. it just doesn't happen.they can talk it up all day. i say show me first. i see better than i hear.please do not embarrass us again.