Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2528
Default TGI Draft season Mock #1

I've been hesitant to do one because I wasn't sure of the talent available when we're slotted to pick...heck we have no idea where we'll pick at this point...8-32? But I'm giving it the old college try!

Assumptions: I don't like to name specific names, but I assume we take care of a few positions in FA. Also, I imagine we're picking somewhere in the middle of the round; say, 16th, give or take.

RT, RDE, one backup end, K. Make an effort to grab/keep some back-up O-lineman. most of the rest is fluid and non-critical. And god help us if we don't reach out to Geno early. Regardless, here's the draft.

RD 1: C.J. Mosley, Alabama OLB

I haven't been terribly receptive to any particular Alabama defensive players, and that's not fair to Mosley. This kid is much more athletic than his teammates chosen in RD 1 last year. Sure, it's a bold thing to say, but I'm certain this kid would do wonders at either OLB spot.

RD 2 (From Oakland) Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

We can't let Ben keep taking the rock like he has. Also, whether Gruden wants RBBC or that's just hot air, Gillislee is versatile enough to be a true 3 down back, and return kicks. Excellent pass protection skills.

RD 2
Tim McDonald (Jr.), Safety, Southern California

Unfairly compared to his predecessor, TJ McDonald fills the ever-present glaring hole in our defensive backfield. Great open-field tackler, with great versatility. And while he doesn't have the same straight line speed of his predecessor, neither does he have his stiff hips...(and that's a good thing, for those keeping score at home).

Rd 3
Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

I'd like a pass rusher before this round, but I'm not putting something in here I don't believe will happen. Jones could develop into a great rotational player on the left side that gives us depth and youth.

Rd 4
Braxston Cave, Center, Notre Dame

What, allow Jeff Faine to be on the roster next year, or a backup center that's sub-300lbs be the guy? This is the second in my theme of predecessor loses his spot to successor from same college/spot. Cave could hopefully be a backup guard as well.

Rd 5
Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina

ST's player/backup for Taze/Rey. He could use some development as his stock has fallen from last year.

RD 6:
Michael Williams, TE, Alabama

We could use a TE for goal line situations, considering neither of our current guys are known for blocking. I take that back. Gresham's known for his skills in blocking...just not in the good way.

RD 6 (NE)
WR/RB/Returner

Gonna be honest with you guys, I'm not familar with prospects in this range. I'd say grab either RB/WR that we end up putting on PS or cutting anyways.

Last edited by TGISunday; 11-14-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:57 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28056
Default Re: TGI Draft season Mock #1

Half of last year's pro bowl centers weighed less than 300 pounds.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3092

A lot to like about Mosley. But i think he will be a weakside linebacker in the NFL. CBS notes he plays WILL at Alabama. Draftek list him as a WILB.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2447

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
A lot to like about Mosley. But i think he will be a weakside linebacker in the NFL. CBS notes he plays WILL at Alabama. Draftek list him as a WILB.
I think so too. He may fit the more traditional role of a SAM, but not the pass rushing, set the edge style that Marvin has always shown to want.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Half of last year's pro bowl centers weighed less than 300 pounds.
Fair enough. I like cave due to size and talent, vs Faine, uncertainty regarding Cook's injury, and Robinson getting pushed around a bit vs Hampton. I'd like some depth and versatility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
I think so too. He may fit the more traditional role of a SAM, but not the pass rushing, set the edge style that Marvin has always shown to want.
I left this flexible purposely. I'm certain between Vontaze, Mosley,and whoever we keep from this year, we would be set.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 30
bengals Re: TGI Draft season Mock #1

Pretty high pick for Gillislee
Old 11-15-2012, 04:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftdruggie View Post
Pretty high pick for Gillislee
According to CBS, yes. I predict upside on his stock after the season and senior bowl. I predict most backs in the 2-3 range now will slide up a little. Can't imagine a 1st rd w\o a rb picked. Same with safety