Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > Fantasy Sports

Fantasy Sports Strategies, insights and invites for fantasy football leagues and fantasy sports leagues of any kind.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19260
Default WR Help This Week!

It's a WR/TE position in a PPR league, and I need to know whether to start D. Moore or R. Cobb?

Detroit's alright against the pass (Cobb) and Moore's playng the Saints, who haven given up the most fantasy points to wide receivers, so is this as easy a choice as it looks like?

He's also starting Palmer, but I'm starting Reece (AP on a bye), so do I just start Moore and trust that if Palmer throws a TD, it will be to Moore? Reece also has value as a receiver and maybe at the goalline, so do I just rob him like that?

Any help is very much appreciated!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Default Re: WR Help This Week!

Nobody?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13076

Davone Bess got me 17 points.

Out of your situation, I'd go Moore. Cobb isn't going to do a whole lot with whats-his-nuts coming back.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20631

I dont pay attention to the robbing him stuff or the like. My thing is if you have a choice of two players at the same position, go with the one that you think will score the most points. Its like this, if Carson has a great day and Moore has a nice day as well while Cobb does nothing (for example), then you would want those points that Moore gets. And lets say Moore does nothing while Cobb has a decent to good day, then you would want Cobb's points instead. Basically go with what player will score the most.

All that said, Moore has 4 tds in the last 5 games, avg'ing 4-5 catches a game. Cobb has 5 tds in the last 3 games with 6 in last 5, 27 catches.

However my boy Jordy will be back this week fully healthy YAY! after missing the last two games which doesnt help Cobb out fantasy wise.

Personally I would go with Moore vs the Saints pass D.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32069

With Jordy back, it's a no brainer. Start Moore. Moore has been balling and he's facing the worst pass D in the league.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-17-2012, 05:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
I dont pay attention to the robbing him stuff or the like. My thing is if you have a choice of two players at the same position, go with the one that you think will score the most points. Its like this, if Carson has a great day and Moore has a nice day as well while Cobb does nothing (for example), then you would want those points that Moore gets. And lets say Moore does nothing while Cobb has a decent to good day, then you would want Cobb's points instead. Basically go with what player will score the most.

All that said, Moore has 4 tds in the last 5 games, avg'ing 4-5 catches a game. Cobb has 5 tds in the last 3 games with 6 in last 5, 27 catches.

However my boy Jordy will be back this week fully healthy YAY! after missing the last two games which doesnt help Cobb out fantasy wise.

Personally I would go with Moore vs the Saints pass D.
Good advice and much appreciated.

The only thing that scares me is Moore's low number of catches, so I have to either hope for a lot of yards, which doesn't always happen, or a TD, which doesn't always happen.

Usually, one or the other happens, but I'm scared for an abnormal game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
With Jordy back, it's a no brainer. Start Moore. Moore has been balling and he's facing the worst pass D in the league.
Very good points................ much appreciated

I also have Titus Young and they should have a shootout facing Green Bay, so do I consider starting him over Moore?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Cobb scored 18.5 and Moore has 0 at half............. if I lose this week because I started Moore and end up missing the playoffs, I'll find out where Carson lives, get medieval on his ***, and then I'll

Too much?