Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3113
Default Bills just helped our playoff picture out

The Dolphins & the Chargers were above us "In the hunt" thank you Bills for beating them, now after we more than likely beat KC this Sunday hopefully the chargers, colts & steelers lose :) Who Dey !!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2767
Default Re: Bills just helped our playoff picture out

The season is far from over. This team needs to be the master of its own destiny.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2926

Amazing how much difference a week and a half can make!

After the Denver loss, Cincy was 11th in the AFC wildcard hunt. A win over the Giants and a Miami loss later, and Cincy's now tied for 3rd! Crazy. A Cincy win over KC and a San Diego loss to the favored Broncos, and Cincy will be alone in that 3rd spot!

Other events are helping too. Pittsburgh is now vulnerable, although they will hold all the cards till the 15th game. It's feasible, however unlikely, that Cincy could leap over Pitt somewhere down the line.

Of course, that is based on Cincy winning against ALL of its beatable foes (the next 4 at least). And that's FAR from a given this year.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

I'll bet that house that SD loses to Denver. Denver is one of the best teams in football right now, and SD got killed by them last time they played.

Indianapolis will probably lose to NE, so things are looking up.

edit: this is our chance to jump in front, check this out.

Indianapolis next three games: NE, BUF, DET (13-14)
Pittsburgh next three games: BAL, CLE, BAL (16-11)
SD next three games: DEN, BAL, CIN (17-10)
Miami next three games: SEA, NE, SF (18-9)

Cincy next three: KC, OAK, SD (8-19)

Tell me who has the easiest games there......

Last edited by ibengals; 11-16-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11246

Just let the Bengals keep trying to win the rest of their games. Don't focus on other scores besides their own. That's what they need to focus on.

I am glad the Bills beat the Dolphins, but the Bengals HAVE to win out and still get some help. And that's not going to be easy.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3113

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
I'll bet that house that SD loses to Denver. Denver is one of the best teams in football right now, and SD got killed by them last time they played.

Indianapolis will probably lose to NE, so things are looking up.

edit: this is our chance to jump in front, check this out.

Indianapolis next three games: NE, BUF, DET (13-14)
Pittsburgh next three games: BAL, CLE, BAL (16-11)
SD next three games: DEN, BAL, CIN (17-10)
Miami next three games: SEA, NE, SF (18-9)

Cincy next three: KC, OAK, SD (8-19)

Tell me who has the easiest games there......
Though i hope Ben will be ok, if he is out i could see the steelers losing both games to the ravens & even losing that game to the browns, if that happens & we keep winning we could be back in second soon (: i see the colts losing to the pats & lions, kind of iffy about them losing to the Bills but it can happen hopefully. SD has a brutal next 3 games i think we beat SD :) & so does Mia so our chances are looking great :)

Last edited by Trademark; 11-16-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9180

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Just let the Bengals keep trying to win the rest of their games. Don't focus on other scores besides their own. That's what they need to focus on.

I am glad the Bills beat the Dolphins, but the Bengals HAVE to win out and still get some help. And that's not going to be easy.
They can lose 1, maybe 2 more games. Gotta beat KC, OAK, SD and Pitt though.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2791

We preform at a complete level like last Sunday and we will make the playoffs as a hot division winner.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11246

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
They can't lose another AFC game. They're already 2-5 in the conference. Only Jacksonville and Kansas City are worse than that. If they end up at 6-6 with the conference, they would still have a tough time making it in. And that's one of the best case scenarios.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:03 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33498

Quote:
They can't lose another AFC game. They're already 2-5 in the conference. Only Jacksonville and Kansas City are worse than that. If they end up at 6-6 with the conference, they would still have a tough time making it in. And that's one of the best case scenarios.
This. The Colts and Steelers have a firm grip on those wild-card spots. I wasn't even worried about the Dolphins. Their remaining schedule is brutal. We just have to be fans of whoever is playings the Colts and Steelers from here on out.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9798

Shouldnt be worried about other teams when this one has yet to put an impressive string of wins up.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:

This exactly.

As nice as it is to see our position appear to get better after some other team's loss; we could just as easily be that team next week if we don't win. At best I think we can drop one game and it can't be to the steelers. So, yeah we have to secure wins regardless of what else is going on in the league.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikairius View Post
We preform at a complete level like last Sunday and we will make the playoffs as a hot division winner.
That all sounds good, but baltimore is too far out ahead and won't be dropping many games off the rest of their schedule. We won't win the division, but if we continue to play nearly mistake free and win out then we're pretty sure to make the wild card.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
This. The Colts and Steelers have a firm grip on those wild-card spots. I wasn't even worried about the Dolphins. Their remaining schedule is brutal. We just have to be fans of whoever is playings the Colts and Steelers from here on out.

No problem.

Am always a fan of whoever is playing the steelers.

Always will be.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

The bengals MUST win the next three games to have a chance, mainly due to their poor conference record. If they win their next three games, they will be back to .500 in the AFC at 5-5 with the steelers and ravens still remaining.

Pittsburgh still has to play Baltimore twice probably without Big Ben. Indy still has Houston twice plus New England. So we have a chance if we win the next three, but if we lose any of the next three against KC, Oak, or SD, our poor conference record will be too much to overcome
Old 11-16-2012, 09:48 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
I can not foresee us winning any tie-breaker scenarios. We've already lost 5! AFC games. If the Colts or Steelers win only 3 of their last 7, we have to go 10-6 to beat them out! And that 6th loss probably had better be to Cowboys or Eagles. Any loss to the Steelers or Ravens, and possibly the Chargers, would almost certainly bury us. Alot of our big games (Browns, Steelers, Dolphins) are already behind us.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This team at a minimum needs to put together 3-4 wins in a row before we start talking anything grander. Right now, they are a 4-5 team that managed to beat the Giants and lose to the Browns and Dolphins. "They are who they are."
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36197

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
Amazing how much difference a week and a half can make!

After the Denver loss, Cincy was 11th in the AFC wildcard hunt. A win over the Giants and a Miami loss later, and Cincy's now tied for 3rd! Crazy. A Cincy win over KC and a San Diego loss to the favored Broncos, and Cincy will be alone in that 3rd spot!

Other events are helping too. Pittsburgh is now vulnerable, although they will hold all the cards till the 15th game. It's feasible, however unlikely, that Cincy could leap over Pitt somewhere down the line.

Of course, that is based on Cincy winning against ALL of its beatable foes (the next 4 at least). And that's FAR from a given this year.
With ben out for the next few weeks and the steelers playing RAvens Browns Ravens in that span...

They could quickly drop in the AFC and AFCN standings.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9180

Quote:
Originally Posted by degolfisfun View Post

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This team at a minimum needs to put together 3-4 wins in a row before we start talking anything grander.
Obviously not, since we're talking about it!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367

Quote:
Originally Posted by degolfisfun View Post
I can not foresee us winning any tie-breaker scenarios. We've already lost 5! AFC games. If the Colts or Steelers win only 3 of their last 7, we have to go 10-6 to beat them out! And that 6th loss probably had better be to Cowboys or Eagles. Any loss to the Steelers or Ravens, and possibly the Chargers, would almost certainly bury us. Alot of our big games (Browns, Steelers, Dolphins) are already behind us.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This team at a minimum needs to put together 3-4 wins in a row before we start talking anything grander. Right now, they are a 4-5 team that managed to beat the Giants and lose to the Browns and Dolphins. "They are who they are."
The Colts and the Steelers have a lot of AFC games left. Tiebreakers are still up in the air given that they lose.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1096

The Cincinnati Bengals are two games behind the Pittsburgh Steelers for one wild card and the Steelers hold one half of the tie-breaker (head to head).

The Cincinnati Bengals are two games behind the Indianapolis Colts for the second wild card.

The Cincinnati Bengals finish the 2012 National Football league schedule at 6-10. In doing so, the lose consectutive games to San Diego, Dallas, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22106

Quote:

If the Bengals win out, I don't think they'll need any help.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7368

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
The Cincinnati Bengals are two games behind the Pittsburgh Steelers for one wild card and the Steelers hold one half of the tie-breaker (head to head).

The Cincinnati Bengals are two games behind the Indianapolis Colts for the second wild card.

The Cincinnati Bengals finish the 2012 National Football league schedule at 6-10. In doing so, the lose consectutive games to San Diego, Dallas, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
I bet money you're wrong on those 5 straight losses.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post

Flip flop that record for 10-6 and you are on to something. The Bengals will lose either the game at Pitt or the game at SD. I see them winning every other one.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
I bet money you're wrong on those 5 straight losses.

Let me in on that action too.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

Quote:

This is a fan board. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter one bit if we, the fans, focus on the other teams in the NFL.