Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 466
Default Stoked

The Bengals will be in the playoffs this year. The only team we have to beat out is the Indianapolis Colts. They go to N.E. this week and still face the Texans twice.

With that said everything is coming together perfectly for the Bengals right now. We are getting healthy and our young players are coming along. I believe the next three weeks we will really see Burfict, Dre, Sanu, and Jones emerge. Watch out Bengal fans this is gonna be a fun ride!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 156
bengals Re: Stoked

I love your optimism and I agree with you. My biggest question is can we improve enough to beat the steelers and ravens the last 2 games. I believe we'll need one of those games to get in as a wild card at 10-6. I think we'll beat KC, Oakland, and Dallas, but lose at San Diego.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

Default Re: Stoked

I think 9-7 gets you in this year. I would even argue that 8-8 is more likely to be needed than 10-6.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan88 View Post
The Bengals will be in the playoffs this year. The only team we have to beat out is the Indianapolis Colts. They go to N.E. this week and still face the Texans twice.

With that said everything is coming together perfectly for the Bengals right now. We are getting healthy and our young players are coming along. I believe the next three weeks we will really see Burfict, Dre, Sanu, and Jones emerge. Watch out Bengal fans this is gonna be a fun ride!
Honestly I am not real impressed with the colts schedule you have the bills, titans, KC and lions mixed in there which is not all that great. Sure they do have the texans twice but who knows who the texans will start that last game just as us and Baltimore. The colts really only need 3 games to get to that 9-7 mark. Is it possible we could slide in sure but being a betting man I am that's one bet I would not touch that losing streak hurt.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM
VIP Member

Colts are overrated. They squeeked out all of their wins and had a very easy schedule. Titans just blew out Miami last week and are very capable of beating the Colts. They will lose at least four more games this year.

I would also not be suprised if Pitt goes on a slide the last half of the year.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

the difference a week makes here.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2189

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.mcgee View Post
I love your optimism and I agree with you. My biggest question is can we improve enough to beat the steelers and ravens the last 2 games. I believe we'll need one of those games to get in as a wild card at 10-6. I think we'll beat KC, Oakland, and Dallas, but lose at San Diego.
Question is, will Big Ben be back? Will the Ravens already be locked into a playoff spot and rest there starters?

But Id like to see them beat up on KC and OAK atleast before I get to optimistic again.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
More like--what a difference a well played game makes here.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2026

Quote:
I think 9-7 gets you in this year. I would even argue that 8-8 is more likely to be needed than 10-6.
I cannot for the life of me see 8-8 being enough.. 9-7 possibly, tiebreakers would likely need one of the other 2 to be 8-8 though. Maybe i'll be wrong, but I think the most likely scenario is beating one of them by a win and finishing 10-6.

We're on an upturn after last weeks game. But one performance doesnt define anything, in the same way we aren't as bad as we showed against the Browns. Gotta do it consistently. Not expecting 4 TD's and no picks outta Dalton every game, but if we can win these next 3 then we can get on a roll and go into the last 4 with a great shout. I think its an absolute must to go 3-0 over these next 3.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 646

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
More like--what a difference a well played game makes here.
I hope it was a well-played game on the part of the Bengals and not a poorly played game on the part of the Giants.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2919

Quote:
The Ravens should have the division on wrap by week 17 and might be resting their starters. I'm chalking that one up as a win. The 2 games that have me nervous are the SD game and Pitt game since they are both on the road.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:53 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
The Ravens should have the division on wrap by week 17 and might be resting their starters. I'm chalking that one up as a win. The 2 games that have me nervous are the SD game and Pitt game since they are both on the road.

Agreed. I'm not sure if it is Marvin or if it was Palmer but we seem to always play pitt better in Pittsburgh. As far as the Chargers go its a toss up to me. Maybe we'll be able to force RIvers to be the bonehead version of himself and make terrible decisions.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8488

Quote:
Whoa easy tiger...
Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 690

This year's team is strange. They've shown that they can hang with pretty much anybody in the league(Giants, Steelers for 3 quarters) and lose to pretty much anybody(Cleveland, Miami). Hopefully that last win has helped the team find its "identity" and they can keep playing lights out...but it wouldn't really surprise me if they finished 7-9 or 8-8 =/
Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:

yeah buddy!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
True. That's what makes it fun, even after a 4 game losing streak. The optimism is justified, because the history of the NFL shows good things can happen if your record adds up. It's just fun that The Bengals are definitely in the mix right now. Controlled Hype is Good, too.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:34 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21047

Follow AJ & Andy's lead. Don't get too high or too low. At least, I am.

It's great that we still have a shot to atone for those losses and make the playoffs. The Giants won the Super Bowl, but didn't play well at all during most of the regular season. They just got hot at the right moment. There's no reason we couldn't. Hell, we might even discover a running game at some point once this OLine gels a little more.

KC is not going to be an easy game. We're going to have to play at least as well as we did against the Giants. It's in their house, and they just came off a dumb loss to the Steelers (thanks refs - more Pitt home cooking). They'll be miffed. Don't forget this team beat the Packers last year. Take nothing for granted.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1147

So what are the teams that we need to start losing for sure? Can someone make it clear to me? Thanks!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Noodle View Post
I hope it was a well-played game on the part of the Bengals and not a poorly played game on the part of the Giants.

Let's call it what it was. Both. Bengals looked great, Giants lacked intensity. The key thing here is that we created all of the turnovers we got. We didn't just get lucky to win so convincingly. We had to put in the work to get that kind of a win. Even if the other team wasn't firing on all cylinders, we sure as hell were. That's what I think all of us fans have been waiting for all season. That team last week looked how we all they thought would since the start of the season. Time to keep the intensity up and play some inspired football.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
Hell, with all the injuries Baltimore has how many starters can they really rest? Not that I think it matters. Flacco has been garbage on the road this year and despite the lopsided score of the first game the Bengals were right there through much of the 3rd quarter before things fell apart. I see them having all the reason to compete in this final game no matter who the Ravens have out there.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 60

I like our chances the next 4 games , i not very good puttin spreads together but i tried

Baltimore 7-2, L 44-13
Cleveland 2-7 W 34-27
Washington 3-6 W 38-31
Jacksonville 1-8 W 27-10
Miami 4-6 L 17-13
Cleveland 2-7 L 34-24
Pittsburgh 6-3 L 24-17
Denver 6-3 L 31-23
Giants 6-4 W 31-13
Kansas City 1-8 Only win was wk3 over a 4-5 NO
Oakland 3-6 Wins wk3 a 6-3 PIT ?Palmer? wk7 a 1-8 JAC ,wk8 1-8 KC
San Diego 4-5 Wins wk1 a now 3-6 Oak. wk2 4-6 Ten, wk4 1-8 KC wk9 1-8 KC
Dallas 4-5 Wins wk1 a 6-4 Giants, wk3 a 5-4 TB ,wk7 a 2-7 Carolina, wk10 a 3-6 Philadelphia
Philadelphia 3-6 Wins wk1 a 2-7 Cleveland wk2 7-2 Baltimore wk4 6-4 Giants
Pittsburgh 6-3
Baltimore 7-2
Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18650

Quote:

Winning out would all but guarantee a spot in the playoffs.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8920

Quote:
Depends ... our conference record could potentially hurt us in any tiebreakers. If we put together a 9-7 record that included losses to Philly and Dallas, but beat everybody else on the schedule we'd have a very good chance of getting in. If we put together a 9-7 record and our other two losses this season are to two of the AFC teams we face it'd be incredibly unlikely that we'd make the playoffs.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779

I have the Cincinnati Bengals finishing the 2012 National Footbal League schedule at 6-10.

The Cincinnati Bengals will lose against San Diego, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia ( a game that I will attend) and Baltimore.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
I have the Cincinnati Bengals finishing the 2012 National Footbal League schedule at 6-10.

The Cincinnati Bengals will lose against San Diego, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia ( a game that I will attend) and Baltimore.
This!

No way in hell I see this team sniffing .500! Too inconsistent....even if we made it to the playoffs, we would just get embarrassed again. Id rather secure a higher draft pick to be honest. The season ended when we lost back to back games against the Dolphins and the Browns. Maybe next year!