Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28346
Default Re: Texas wanting to secede U.S ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Too bad bro. Just remember, you had your chance, and blew it. While you're living off of dead human flesh, me, JC, and the group he brings, will be enjoying 3 yr old sweet peas! Singing praises to The Jolly Green Giant.
I'm thinking we need a new butt buddies thread so you and JC can go eat cookies together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36804

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollodero View Post
Yeah, but that's not the real world, you know, and it's not the sytem we created. Of course the governor's opinion - as a man who has actual political power and influence - is of more general interest than the one af a 0,1% Texas minority. Just like your president's opinion is more important than the opinion of 0,1% of US citizens. (Because he actually makes the calls and such.)

And actually, I think in general that's how it's designed to be. That's why we elect people in the first place... and it's certainly not the people speaking up here. It's just a tiny margin of people. They have a right to be heard, not a right to be taken as serious as a political leader.
In the real world, politicians are pieces of krap who care nothing for the people and do the bidding of an even smaller percentage of wealthy men who bankroll their campaigns and line their wallets.

Your whole attitude is backwards and you're missing my point. A governor is supposed to represent the people, not be looked up to by them. We should be looking squarely down upon them and they should be representing our best interest. I'm not talking about this petition deal in particular.

I'm talking about the attitude you and others seem to have that the ppl should take their cues for the politicians.....WRONG, you've got it backwards my friend.

The idea is that they work for us. That's not how it is, but that is how it's supposed to be and it annoys me that people seem to have forgotten that and have this "welp, it's the governor/president/senator...they matter and I don't, lemme just bend over this rail".
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
I'm thinking we need a new butt buddies thread so you and JC can go eat cookies together...
I'm thinking you ought to shove it.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23931

Quote:
you're just trying to turn him on now
Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2515

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
I'm talking about the attitude you and others seem to have that the ppl should take their cues for the politicians.....WRONG, you've got it backwards my friend.

The idea is that they work for us. That's not how it is, but that is how it's supposed to be and it annoys me that people seem to have forgotten that and have this "welp, it's the governor/president/senator...they matter and I don't, lemme just bend over this rail".
Noooo... in fact I said none of these things, nor did I mean them.

All I talked about were some answers to questions you seemed to regard differently.

1. Is a governor's opinion more influential than the opinion of 0,1% of the citizens in his country (Answer: Yes)
2. Is this the way our political/societal system has designed it to be? (Answer: Yes)

- And that's it. Now you don't like politicians, that's fine. It just has nothing to do with the problem at hand. And yes, I'm in favour of the governor's word being of more weight than the words of some lunatic petition-signers (or whatever tiny minority). People elect him for that purpose - or that responsibility -, to act and speak up in the best interest of his people and his country. Of course, the second task often collides with the first one, where he gets his power from (by election...) - that will always rise opposition, and that's best demnocratic ways - but still, his word IS simply more important. It's in his (or her, trying to be correct here) job description, as long as (s)he's elected. And there's not the slightest personal view in that statement.

You critizised people for claiming a governor's voice is more heard. I just reply, of course it is, get real. By no means does that imply people should shut up. Express your opinion, make yourself heard, vote for the politicians to support them, or go politics yourself. But no constitution would guarantee you you'd be taken seriously in any case. That's all. Got me?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16721

Quote:
Too bad bro. Just remember, you had your chance, and blew it. While you're living off of dead human flesh, me, JC, and the group he brings, will be enjoying 3 yr old sweet peas! Singing praises to The Jolly Green Giant.
That ain't right man.....that ain't right....

Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
That ain't right man.....that ain't right....

You'll have to kiss up to JC now. Deion. Or Aikman, one or the other.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8158

These people/states are idiotic for even entertaining this idea.I've already stated my opinion in another thread pertaining to this issue but for ****s and giggles let's project what would happen to Texas if they were allowed to secede.
Texas would be conquered and absorbed by Mexico, plain and simple.
It would not be able to stand on its own.That is not even taking into consideration what would happen should a major natural disaster occur to the country of Texas.
Texas could never stand alone...so ridiculous.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
These people/states are idiotic for even entertaining this idea.I've already stated my opinion in another thread pertaining to this issue but for ****s and giggles let's project what would happen to Texas if they were allowed to secede.
Texas would be conquered and absorbed by Mexico, plain and simple.
It would not be able to stand on its own.That is not even taking into consideration what would happen should a major natural disaster occur to the country of Texas.
Texas could never stand alone...so ridiculous.
You got that right bro. Actually, I think the drug cartels already have a big hold on the border towns, now.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18506

I posted this a while ago.

Regardless of my thoughts about how Obama is messing things up and how it's hilarious that it's so bad that people want to secede, I think it would be hilarious to let them secede, invade them the next day, and just take everything that they have.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28346

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
You just now saw that? Man. I've been waiting to see what you'd say.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:33 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36804

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollodero View Post
Noooo... in fact I said none of these things, nor did I mean them.

All I talked about were some answers to questions you seemed to regard differently.

1. Is a governor's opinion more influential than the opinion of 0,1% of the citizens in his country (Answer: Yes)
2. Is this the way our political/societal system has designed it to be? (Answer: Yes)

- And that's it. Now you don't like politicians, that's fine. It just has nothing to do with the problem at hand. And yes, I'm in favour of the governor's word being of more weight than the words of some lunatic petition-signers (or whatever tiny minority). People elect him for that purpose - or that responsibility -, to act and speak up in the best interest of his people and his country. Of course, the second task often collides with the first one, where he gets his power from (by election...) - that will always rise opposition, and that's best demnocratic ways - but still, his word IS simply more important. It's in his (or her, trying to be correct here) job description, as long as (s)he's elected. And there's not the slightest personal view in that statement.

You critizised people for claiming a governor's voice is more heard. I just reply, of course it is, get real. By no means does that imply people should shut up. Express your opinion, make yourself heard, vote for the politicians to support them, or go politics yourself. But no constitution would guarantee you you'd be taken seriously in any case. That's all. Got me?
I criticized the idea that a greaseball politician should immediately be taken seriously but citizens should not be. It's not that hard.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.